ImageImageImageImageImage

Caris LeVert, Jarrett Allen, Rodions, TP Farewell Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Re: Caris LeVert, Jarrett Allen, Rodions, TP Farewell Thread 

Post#61 » by Whiskey Slick » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:56 pm

Marks desperately wanted to keep Jarrett Allen, but he had to get someone to give him a 1 for Shamet, even a late one from an obvious championship contender, but he's been SO AWFUL that we couldn't even get a late 1 and it cost us Allen. That was by far the biggest loss in this deal. :(
FlipFlopShot
Pro Prospect
And1: 330

Post#62 » by FlipFlopShot » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:18 pm

Where is all this talk about trying to get a 1st for Shamet? I'm curious, did I miss a rumor?

To me, Shamet is here to stay. After not extending Allen's contract, we have always looked to trade him. We got Claxton already and we just brought Perry in from the Shamet trade acquisition.

If anything, we were trying too hard to get a first for DinWiddie. Since back when we sign DinWiddie from the D League, we have always looked to develop and trade out. Now we lost that opportunity and his value is basically gone.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#63 » by Paradise » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:21 am

Read on Twitter

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,848

Post#64 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:12 am

Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

God please let this guy get through everything alright. :cry: :cry:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#65 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:50 am

Whiskey Slick wrote:Marks desperately wanted to keep Jarrett Allen, but he had to get someone to give him a 1 for Shamet, even a late one from an obvious championship contender, but he's been SO AWFUL that we couldn't even get a late 1 and it cost us Allen. That was by far the biggest loss in this deal. :(

Don't look backwards, we're good now. Besides, that's not the whole story.

Remember, Cleveland not only sent a 1st to Houston as payment for Jarrett. They also absorbed Prince who Houston didn't want, gave them an useful expiring in Exum and sent a $5mil TPE as well. If we had gotten a team to give HOU a 1st for Shamet, we still would not have had a legal deal, because we needed to send out another $15mil in salary to make acquiring Harden CBA-legal. Sooooo, if we can't send Taurean and Allen's salary isn't part of the deal, we would need to send Dinwiddie plus another ~$5mil in salary. Jordan wouldn't have been part of it, so we're talking about sending Brown, TLC and Claxton. It would have been more painful that way.

Jarrett is great, I wish him well. He's going to make more money this summer than we could afford to pay, with 3 max salaries and Joe on the books. There's no use in looking back.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#66 » by Paradise » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:14 pm

Caris LeVert was diagnosed with kidney cancer. He’s expected to make a full recovery.

Read on Twitter
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#67 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:25 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:
Whiskey Slick wrote:Marks desperately wanted to keep Jarrett Allen, but he had to get someone to give him a 1 for Shamet, even a late one from an obvious championship contender, but he's been SO AWFUL that we couldn't even get a late 1 and it cost us Allen. That was by far the biggest loss in this deal. :(

Don't look backwards, we're good now. Besides, that's not the whole story.

Remember, Cleveland not only sent a 1st to Houston as payment for Jarrett. They also absorbed Prince who Houston didn't want, gave them an useful expiring in Exum and sent a $5mil TPE as well. If we had gotten a team to give HOU a 1st for Shamet, we still would not have had a legal deal, because we needed to send out another $15mil in salary to make acquiring Harden CBA-legal. Sooooo, if we can't send Taurean and Allen's salary isn't part of the deal, we would need to send Dinwiddie plus another ~$5mil in salary. Jordan wouldn't have been part of it, so we're talking about sending Brown, TLC and Claxton. It would have been more painful that way.

Jarrett is great, I wish him well. He's going to make more money this summer than we could afford to pay, with 3 max salaries and Joe on the books. There's no use in looking back.

Further, we got milwaukees 1st for jarrett allen. Teams were low balling us knowing we what we needed for a harden deal. several teams probably blackballed us all together. if you are boston or philly or LA do you want to help the nets get harden while retaining allen?
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#68 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:25 pm

Paradise wrote:Caris LeVert was diagnosed with kidney cancer. He’s expected to make a full recovery.

Read on Twitter

Trade may have saved his life. glad it looks good for him
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,466

Post#69 » by Stone » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:39 pm

Praying for Caris LeVerts heath and wellbeing. He is a forever Net in my book........Wow, I was hoping it was not that.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#70 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:41 pm

Congrats, Caris. I'm glad it sounds like he will make a full recovery, and the timeline doesn't seem too daunting. We could see him return as early as April.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,848

Post#71 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:35 pm

Paradise wrote:Caris LeVert was diagnosed with kidney cancer. He’s expected to make a full recovery.

Read on Twitter

Thank God. :cry:

I can't get over how being traded saved his life. That is frightening to think about.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#72 » by Shark » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:56 am

Glad to hear he's going to make a full recovery.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#73 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:25 am

In 12 games for Brooklyn this season, Taurean Prince averaged 8/3/1/1/1 on shooting splits of 40/35/89 in 18mpg.

In 5 games for Cleveland, he's averaging 13/5/4/1/1 on 49/50/88 in 26mpg. His +/- for them is unreal, and he's defending like a prime Bowen.

I'm not bitter, I don't miss him, and I am certainly glad we have Harden. But I do wonder, if he could have played like this for us, would we have needed to include so many other future assets?

My point is, Puck Faurean Trince.
-- Steve Martin
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#74 » by therealbig3 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:17 am

Prince played similar for us at the beginning of last year too. He's a streaky player, who can have a stretch of games where he goes nuclear...and then another stretch of games where he sucks. Overall...meh player, who does nearly as much bad as good.

I think the extra motivation of being traded is also what's driving some of his recent play. I think if you give it some time, he'll come back down to earth. There's a reason Atlanta wasn't dying to keep him, and there's a reason we were actively shopping him.
Khashbaatar
Junior
And1: 164

Post#75 » by Khashbaatar » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:22 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:In 12 games for Brooklyn this season, Taurean Prince averaged 8/3/1/1/1 on shooting splits of 40/35/89 in 18mpg.

In 5 games for Cleveland, he's averaging 13/5/4/1/1 on 49/50/88 in 26mpg. His +/- for them is unreal, and he's defending like a prime Bowen.

I'm not bitter, I don't miss him, and I am certainly glad we have Harden. But I do wonder, if he could have played like this for us, would we have needed to include so many other future assets?

My point is, Puck Faurean Trince.

Confined role and relaxed load.
I am just happy the Nets no longer have to play Pinson, Musa, Kurucs, Prince at crunch time.

Return to Brooklyn Nets