ImageImageImageImageImage

How would you fill out the roster?

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,888

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#521 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:04 pm

I don't expect Ariza to be good, but he showed me enough in Portland to prove he can give us a solid 15 minutes of defense on LeBron. That would be invaluable.

Right now nobody can do this besides Jeff Green or KD.

I think the time off could actually help him get his body right and get into shape.

Either way I think hes 10x better of an option than either Shump or Roberson who are both washed/useless.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,888

Post#522 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:05 pm

Drummond on the other hand is actually a good Center. Above average. He would make a massive difference but not sure he actually gets bought out.
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#523 » by GYK » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:07 pm

Considering how connections work and how he was talking earlier in the season PJ Tucker is the likely DPE player.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#524 » by Prokorov » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:11 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I don't expect Ariza to be good, but he showed me enough in Portland to prove he can give us a solid 15 minutes of defense on LeBron. That would be invaluable.

Right now nobody can do this besides Jeff Green or KD.

I think the time off could actually help him get his body right and get into shape.

Either way I think hes 10x better of an option than either Shump or Roberson who are both washed/useless.

i cant image ariza being anywhere close to as good defensive as shumpert once his hammy is healed. last year roberson was washed but it may have been injury related. if he is 80% of what he was pre-injury thats better then ariza

ariza obviously gives you much better shooting, but i dont think we need that with the big 3
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#525 » by Prokorov » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:13 am

zimpy27 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:It would have to be centered on Dinwiddie/Shamet to make salaries match.

Dinwiddie + Claxton + Perry works. i dont think shamet needs to be included

Raptors value Powell highly and he's the right age for their new core. I can't imagine why they would trade him for that package.

I'd be looking at guys who are good but at a different timeline to their core. Mason Plumlee and Wayne Ellington for example.

he is going to opt out and they cant afford to bring him back
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#526 » by zimpy27 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:30 am

Prokorov wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Dinwiddie + Claxton + Perry works. i dont think shamet needs to be included

Raptors value Powell highly and he's the right age for their new core. I can't imagine why they would trade him for that package.

I'd be looking at guys who are good but at a different timeline to their core. Mason Plumlee and Wayne Ellington for example.

he is going to opt out and they cant afford to bring him back

Why can't they afford him?

They have 50m a season to spend on Lowry, Powell and TD2 without hitting luxury tax.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#527 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:40 am

The Raptors can afford to and will keep Powell. The dream is over.

The only reason Norman was ever thought to be leaving was that they were attempting to keep a max slot open for Giannis. Now that that ship has sailed, I don't see Toronto/Tampa chasing a lesser free agent with max money.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#528 » by Openheimer » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:20 am

Woj; Nets interested in PJ Tucker. Dantoni and Harden love this guy. He can be an extraordinary defender
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#529 » by Prokorov » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:01 am

Openheimer wrote:Woj; Nets interested in PJ Tucker. Dantoni and Harden love this guy. He can be an extraordinary defender

Where did woj say that?

Obviously everyone would love tucker.

It does raise my eyebrow that he is 35 and has seen his 3Point percentage dip 4 years in a row and his DBPM/DRPM/DRAPM do the same. id still take him in a second. would still want mcgee though too
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#530 » by therealbig3 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:24 am

Report is that Rockets and Cousins to part ways soon.

I think he would be one of the best options actually, if he's bought out. He's huge, he's a good rebounder, and he's actually a solid defender.

Only thing that sucks though is that I'm pretty sure he hates Harden, based on Harden's comments before he left Houston. I know Cousins went on record saying Harden was disrespectful.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#531 » by Prokorov » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:40 am

therealbig3 wrote:Report is that Rockets and Cousins to part ways soon.

I think he would be one of the best options actually, if he's bought out. He's huge, he's a good rebounder, and he's actually a solid defender.

Only thing that sucks though is that I'm pretty sure he hates Harden, based on Harden's comments before he left Houston. I know Cousins went on record saying Harden was disrespectful.

Cousin is no longer a solid defender. id argue on eyetest this year he has been borderline terrible. certainly no better then DJ/Green. does still have a great wingspan. maybe part of it was being unhappy. but he basically just chucked threes then took a nap on defense
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#532 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:30 am

therealbig3 wrote:Report is that Rockets and Cousins to part ways soon.

Yeah, for the reason you already stated, I don't see him coming.

I do think that he and Davis have a close friendship, going back to their Kentucky alum connection and their NOP days. I think that LA even gave him a ring, since he was on the original '19-'20 roster before his injury. If I had to guess, he'll be a Laker. He's kinda empty calories, but can still pose problems for the opposition.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#533 » by zimpy27 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:39 am

Hard to tell what Nets need now they are playing so well. KD still coming back.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#534 » by Prokorov » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:44 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Hard to tell what Nets need now they are playing so well. KD still coming back.

1) Rim protecting/Rebounding center. Basically another DJ type who provides even some shred of shot blocking fear for opponents and can finish lobs. 15mpg to go with DJ or small ball. McGee obvious fit if bought out. Also, if DJ got injured or missed time, we legit have 0 other centers on the roster right now

2) Dark alley guys. we need someone who is going to take a 3 game suspension to put pat beverly face down in the dirt when he tries something like that. Vonleh is kind of that guy but not good enough to actually be on the floor enough. someone like Bobby Portis would be ideal. could give solid minutes at the 5 and is just looking for a reason to bunch someone in the face. I'd look in to Kyle O'Quinn maybe?

Only other thing i can think of is jeff green insurance. maybe bring wilson chandler back?
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#535 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:47 pm

Prok I died at the "dark alley guy" description :lol: :lol: :lol: but you're right, having a guy like that at the end of the bench to use in some games would be an interesting ace up the sleeve.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#536 » by DarkXaero » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:41 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Ariza and Amare apparently worked out together recently. Going by the picture, Ariza seems to be staying in shape as well.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#537 » by Prokorov » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:54 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:Prok I died at the "dark alley guy" description :lol: :lol: :lol: but you're right, having a guy like that at the end of the bench to use in some games would be an interesting ace up the sleeve.

lol... cant take credit... thats a Jalen (rose) & Jacoby reference.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#538 » by Prokorov » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:57 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Ariza and Amare apparently worked out together recently. Going by the picture, Ariza seems to be staying in shape as well.

is signing amare out of the question?

i mean, could he not give us more then Vonleh, Pelle, or perry?

i dont know how much better the Tel Aviv league is then thursday pickup games at your local JCC but maybe see how it goes on a 10-day?
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#539 » by DarkXaero » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:00 pm

Prokorov wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

is signing amare out of the question?

i mean, could he not give us more then Vonleh, Pelle, or perry?

i dont know how much better the Tel Aviv league is then thursday pickup games at your local JCC but maybe see how it goes on a 10-day?
I don't think his body is physically capable of withstanding NBA play anymore, but yeah if he could stay fit somehow, I think he'd provide more than the likes of Vonleh, Pelle, Perry.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#540 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:24 pm

There's no reason and no way the nets sign Amare since he hasn't played an NBA game for years and there's plenty of young big bodies out there. However Amare playing off Harden and the big 3 actually would be sick. His midrange is pretty automatic and his athleticism would be above average even at 38 or whatever he is since he's such a freak.

Team is so stacked now you can probably put Nash and Amare In a lineup for 5 minutes a game and not jeopardize your chance to win the game(as long as that lineup doesn't also include TLC and Shamet). However they will get hunted relentlessly on defense and there's no way you can afford to play him in the playoffs

Return to Brooklyn Nets