ImageImageImageImageImage

How would you fill out the roster?

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

ecuhus1981
RealGM
Posts: 15,370
And1: 864
Joined: Jun 19, 2007
       

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#621 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:07 am

What would Nets fan think if we pulled off this trade before the deadline?

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2064603

Spencer is a valued asset to a number of teams, and I think that we can leverage his value while returning pieces that can help our defense. Daniel Theis is a do-it-all junkyard dog, but he's got some playmaking and shooting ability as well. James Ennis is a physical perimeter defender, who is shooting lights out from 3 this season. It might be tough for him to carve out a role in our rotation, but he's exactly the type of journeyman grunt that I want raising the level of intensity in practices and challenging the young guys for PT.

Finally, the way I've constructed the deal uses the Dinwiddie DPE to acquire Theis, and then creates a whole new TPE for $11.6mil, the size of Spencer's contract. Unlike the DPE which expires in April, this new TPE would be available until next March. We could use it to sign and trade for more depth, or absorb a player's salary from a cap-strapped team who would pay us in future assets (picks, prospects).

Let me know your feedback, thanks!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 38,401
And1: 12,682
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#622 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:08 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:What would Nets fan think if we pulled off this trade before the deadline?

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2064603

Spencer is a valued asset to a number of teams, and I think that we can leverage his value while returning pieces that can help our defense. Daniel Theis is a do-it-all junkyard dog, but he's got some playmaking and shooting ability as well. James Ennis is a physical perimeter defender, who is shooting lights out from 3 this season. It might be tough for him to carve out a role in our rotation, but he's exactly the type of journeyman grunt that I want raising the level of intensity in practices and challenging the young guys for PT.

Finally, the way I've constructed the deal uses the Dinwiddie DPE to acquire Theis, and then creates a whole new TPE for $11.6mil, the size of Spencer's contract. Unlike the DPE which expires in April, this new TPE would be available until next March. We could use it to sign and trade for more depth, or absorb a player's salary from a cap-strapped team who would pay us in future assets (picks, prospects).

Let me know your feedback, thanks!


Awful Trade. I love theis but he isnt much better then what we have at center and we already have a logjam between jordan, claxton, green, and blake and thats before KD returns.

Ennis is blah. im not giving up dinwiddie for him.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 38,401
And1: 12,682
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#623 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:11 pm

Kiddlovesnets wrote:We have to focus on the buyout market, we dont have enough asset to make trades now unless we move Dinwiddie, and its especially hard to make a trade that will fix our problem at the wing.


no one we get is going to fix our wing problem.

Because they would have to be good enough on defense to help us but then good enough on offense for Nash to play them. Nash didnt bother with roberson or shumpert (cant balme him) and has chosen shooting over playing brown on the wing, he only really uses brown as a big or in 4 guard lineups.

Two way players arent cheap.

I'd go all in with whatever assets we have left for Powell. he is really the only fit who is good enough to crack our rotation while also playing solid D
ecuhus1981
RealGM
Posts: 15,370
And1: 864
Joined: Jun 19, 2007
       

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#624 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:26 am

Prokorov wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:What would Nets fan think if we pulled off this trade before the deadline?

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2064603

Spencer is a valued asset to a number of teams, and I think that we can leverage his value while returning pieces that can help our defense. Daniel Theis is a do-it-all junkyard dog, but he's got some playmaking and shooting ability as well. James Ennis is a physical perimeter defender, who is shooting lights out from 3 this season. It might be tough for him to carve out a role in our rotation, but he's exactly the type of journeyman grunt that I want raising the level of intensity in practices and challenging the young guys for PT.

Finally, the way I've constructed the deal uses the Dinwiddie DPE to acquire Theis, and then creates a whole new TPE for $11.6mil, the size of Spencer's contract. Unlike the DPE which expires in April, this new TPE would be available until next March. We could use it to sign and trade for more depth, or absorb a player's salary from a cap-strapped team who would pay us in future assets (picks, prospects).

Let me know your feedback, thanks!


Awful Trade. I love theis but he isnt much better then what we have at center and we already have a logjam between jordan, claxton, green, and blake and thats before KD returns.

Ennis is blah. im not giving up dinwiddie for him.

Awful? Wow, no one ever accused you of dealing in nuance.

Don't think of Theis strictly as a C. He has proven to work just as effectively as a starting 4, and help keep physical punishment off of Kevin's workload.

Also, he is significantly better than DJ. Jordan is fine in a limited role, but Daniel is the type of true big who you can keep on the floor in the Conference Finals. He had even been effective against Giannis and Joel, goodness knows we need more bodies to check those guys.

I'm not claiming Ennis is a superstar. He is a significant upgrade over TLC. You are one of the only members of this board that hates Timothé more than me, I figured that would be as big of a selling point to you as anything else here.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Kiddlovesnets
Sophomore
Posts: 102
And1: 38
Joined: Mar 18, 2021
 

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#625 » by Kiddlovesnets » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:55 pm

Heard Nets would be going hard at Drummond, I think he will choose us over Lakers. Sure Lakers can give him a bigger role right now with Lebron and AD sitting out, but these two are not out for season anyway so this will not last very long.
User avatar
Hello Brooklyn
General Manager
Posts: 9,950
And1: 7,109
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
   

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#626 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:02 pm

I don't see any point in signing Drummond. We have no minutes for him.

With Shamet being injured it makes even more sense to sign Reddick.

If Mo Harkless is on the market I would take him. But he was terrible this year so idk if hes even worth it.
HEAT33 wrote:Nets not even the best team in NY without Durant
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 36,890
And1: 10,286
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#627 » by Paradise » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:23 pm

It sounds like these are the options:

Buyout - Harkless, Drummond, Redick.

Trade - Powell/Baynes, Iggy/Nunn/Bradley, McGruder/Ellington


Could be forgetting some other names thrown around.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 38,401
And1: 12,682
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#628 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:34 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I don't see any point in signing Drummond. We have no minutes for him.

With Shamet being injured it makes even more sense to sign Reddick.

If Mo Harkless is on the market I would take him. But he was terrible this year so idk if hes even worth it.


if Reddick is an option you have to do it.... not just to replace shamet/help us but to keep him from a competitor. his shooting is game chaning in the playoffs
GYK
General Manager
Posts: 7,719
And1: 2,098
Joined: Oct 08, 2014

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#629 » by GYK » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:39 pm

Anything that makes 5-15 better. Don’t get complacent in winning when are wins aren’t even able to sit our starters.
Dinwiddie and the MLE are supposed to be starter caliber. Look at the Lakers turning into starter Danny Green into Dennis and their MLE into Trezz. We could have the best 1-6 ever if we don’t get complacent. Everyone else looks drastically better 7-15 getting 18 minutes or less. But we currently only have 4 guys worthy of 30mpg.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 36,890
And1: 10,286
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#630 » by Paradise » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:43 pm

Powell or Nunn/Igoudala/Bradley package?

Read on Twitter



Both are the best offers we will get and helps our cap next summer.
User avatar
Stone
Veteran
Posts: 2,506
And1: 513
Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Location: Jersey
 

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#631 » by Stone » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:12 pm

We could also hold onto Spencer. If his rehab is ahead of schedule we could use him in the playoffs and then sign and trade in the off season.
Papi_swav
Head Coach
Posts: 6,657
And1: 2,670
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#632 » by Papi_swav » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:26 pm

Ehh I'm not in love with the Miami offer. If Raps are offering Powell we HAVE to pull the trigger but I'm not sure Raps would do that.
GTR11
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,473
And1: 1,318
Joined: Jan 17, 2019
   

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#633 » by GTR11 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:52 pm

Papi_swav wrote:Ehh I'm not in love with the Miami offer. If Raps are offering Powell we HAVE to pull the trigger but I'm not sure Raps would do that.


They won't, you know that better man. Also why give up Din when he fits our team better and already knows what it is. If we spending money why not Din?

Some people be loving to trade anyone just for the sake of it or to bring their fave bum over here. Din is home grown and is huge part why we in this position.

Both KD and Kyrie brittle af, I have no trust in them continually stay healthy. Din is essential for and thinking Shamet or TJ can replicate what Din brings on the table is beyond laughable.

Tired of saying same thing over again. Tsai said he's willing to spend, well let's see where he is with that this offseason. Thats of course if Din willing to resign and stay here. ( why won't he? )
GTR11
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,473
And1: 1,318
Joined: Jan 17, 2019
   

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#634 » by GTR11 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:54 pm

we don't need nobody. We are deepest team from top to bottom. I'd rather concentrate on late 1st round picks and some projects that can be picked in a 2nd round. Mitch, Nic and Quickly been picked past three years that live in this area, time to read some scouting reports.
Papi_swav
Head Coach
Posts: 6,657
And1: 2,670
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#635 » by Papi_swav » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:10 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Ehh I'm not in love with the Miami offer. If Raps are offering Powell we HAVE to pull the trigger but I'm not sure Raps would do that.


They won't, you know that better man. Also why give up Din when he fits our team better and already knows what it is. If we spending money why not Din?

Some people be loving to trade anyone just for the sake of it or to bring their fave bum over here. Din is home grown and is huge part why we in this position.

Both KD and Kyrie brittle af, I have no trust in them continually stay healthy. Din is essential for and thinking Shamet or TJ can replicate what Din brings on the table is beyond laughable.

Tired of saying same thing over again. Tsai said he's willing to spend, well let's see where he is with that this offseason. Thats of course if Din willing to resign and stay here. ( why won't he? )

A few things, Din can opt out and sign elsewhere for 20M plus so would u want to lose him for nothing or get something for him?

We are a contender right now, you have to do everything possible to win it right now and worry about next year later, just get this one ring out the way. this is the most important task at hand, get guyss that will help contribute to that goal, and Din is out for the year so he can't help with that.

I love Din as much as anyone, but with Harden and Kyrie here, we really don't need another dominant ball handler. And Din is best with the ball in his hands, he is not an off the ball player at all. And then u add KD into the mix, when will he ever get the ball? I mean he would help when KD and Kyrie goes down for rest. But we need guys that will do best off the ball such as shooting and defending.

TJ is doing a tremendous job off the bench for 15 minutes. We can get another guard like that. Kendrick Nunn isn't a bad idea because he can do what TJ does off the bench. But Powell would be the absolute perfect guy for this squad IF Raps are giving him up. He can be an off the ball guard and he defends. But if raps are not giving him up then idk who else we would want from them if it isn't OG or Boucher.
Kiddlovesnets
Sophomore
Posts: 102
And1: 38
Joined: Mar 18, 2021
 

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#636 » by Kiddlovesnets » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:23 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I don't see any point in signing Drummond. We have no minutes for him.

With Shamet being injured it makes even more sense to sign Reddick.


Drummond can take DJ's minutes, theres easily 25-30 mins of rotation for him. And nope we dont need Reddick, hes washed and wont get any playing time coming into the playoffs series.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,972
And1: 1,812
Joined: Nov 17, 2009

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#637 » by MGrand15 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:39 pm

I don't buy that Miami offer. 2 rotation guys for someone that won't play this year. Miami's not that kind of team. They're coming off a Finals appearance and trying to get back.
User avatar
Hello Brooklyn
General Manager
Posts: 9,950
And1: 7,109
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
   

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#638 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:09 pm

Kiddlovesnets wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:I don't see any point in signing Drummond. We have no minutes for him.

With Shamet being injured it makes even more sense to sign Reddick.


Drummond can take DJ's minutes, theres easily 25-30 mins of rotation for him. And nope we dont need Reddick, hes washed and wont get any playing time coming into the playoffs series.


How is Drummond better than DJ? Hes a better rebounder but DJ is much smarter defensively.

I'd way rather play DJ is a playoff series than Drummond.

Reddick is not washed lol. He's an elite shooter who could absolutely help is in a playoff game. How is that not helpful?
HEAT33 wrote:Nets not even the best team in NY without Durant
User avatar
Hello Brooklyn
General Manager
Posts: 9,950
And1: 7,109
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
   

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#639 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:12 pm

Miami offer isn't bad. I think Avery Bradley could honestly help us defensively.

Mo Harkless is possibly helpful as well.

I think we need to ask Spencer if he plans on opting in. Because if he doesn't then he's essentially useless.
HEAT33 wrote:Nets not even the best team in NY without Durant
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 37,725
And1: 14,617
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#640 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:16 pm

I would take Miami's offer right now and drive Spencer to the airport myself.

Return to Brooklyn Nets