ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Magic @ Nets 1/16/21 6:00pm EST(James Harden debut)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: GT: Magic @ Nets 1/16/21 6:00pm EST(James Harden debut) 

Post#321 » by GTR11 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:37 pm

Last two min report Aaron Gordon vs Duh nix. Turnover and two missed wide open three's. Yeah I'm good.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#322 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:22 pm

GTR11 wrote:Last two min report Aaron Gordon vs Duh nix. Turnover and two missed wide open three's. Yeah I'm good.

Did you watch the game? It wasn't pretty, but he'd never be put in that position here. His defense is switch city and smothering. Me personally, was never a huge fan of his as a main piece, but as the glue guy on this roster, he'd be otherworldly. Unless they love Dinwiddie we don't have anything to trade for him though. And with LeVert gone, I'd be wary to deal Dinwiddie unless Marks is certain he's leaving via free agency this summer. But Gordon is definitely someone I'd personally be comfortable dealing Spence for.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#323 » by GTR11 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:07 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Last two min report Aaron Gordon vs Duh nix. Turnover and two missed wide open three's. Yeah I'm good.

Did you watch the game? It wasn't pretty, but he'd never be put in that position here. His defense is switch city and smothering. Me personally, was never a huge fan of his as a main piece, but as the glue guy on this roster, he'd be otherworldly. Unless they love Dinwiddie we don't have anything to trade for him though. And with LeVert gone, I'd be wary to deal Dinwiddie unless Marks is certain he's leaving via free agency this summer. But Gordon is definitely someone I'd personally be comfortable dealing Spence for.

Yeah I don't really know why. If not for increased numbers of covid probably would've went to do something else.

I cant agree with you here. If we break down value between them two I don't see how Din is not superior. Gordon can't shoot to save his life and TO prone whenever he puts down ball on the floor. We can do better for that money.

Collins starting to heat up, Indy got abused last night without Turner, there more players that can be had.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#324 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:03 pm

GTR11 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:

Yeah I don't really know why. If not for increased numbers of covid probably would've went to do something else.

I cant agree with you here. If we break down value between them two I don't see how Din is not superior. Gordon can't shoot to save his life and TO prone whenever he puts down ball on the floor. We can do better for that money.

Collins starting to heat up, Indy got abused last night without Turner, there more players that can be had.

I wouldn't worry too much about value if the player coming back for Dinwiddie was exactly what we need. It's not like they're that far apart in all likelihood anyway, even if Din was healthy.

I mean look at the numbers, you're saying he can't shoot for his life, but his percentages are better then Spence. And Gordon isn't going to be forced to jack up a bunch of poor, contested looks here, nor is he going to be asked to put the ball on the floor much as a point forward. I'm not sure you can do better for that money, when realistically looking at who might even be available and our needs, combined with being able to trade for that player with Dinwiddie and some meager assets attached, like Claxton and some 2nd's, and/or Shamet.

If you're looking at Gordon as the big name and huge potential tag that many have labeled him for many years, you're sure to be disappointed and come away exaggerating his faults. But if you're looking at him as a young, bigger, more athletic, superior defending Robert Covington, whose getting better as an outside shooter, then he looks like exactly what a team like ours needs.

Somehow someway, nabbing Gordon, or Harrison Barnes, or Larry Nance Jr., or PJ Washington specifically, along with picking up a big body like Dedmond, McGee or the such in the buyout market would be a huge coup for this roster.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
StepBackCrack
Starter
And1: 3,083

Post#325 » by StepBackCrack » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:59 pm

Whiskey Slick wrote:
StepBackCrack wrote:
Those people who think "Nets should trade Kyrie" after getting Harden don't make much sense to me. Nets would be so dumb to trade a lethal weapon like Kai who proved himself in the playoffs already. It's so easy to find playable centers around the league but Kyrie? lol. I bet they just wish Kyrie ruins everything for the Nets and I don't see that happening considering Kai is excited about playing with KD/Harden. I think Nash could easily get the best out of the three with proper staggering and they are smart players as well so they will make it work with time.
SBC, You're the first guy to respond to me when I joined RealGM, totally respectful and you seem like a really cool guy, so I have nothing but respect for you. That said, ordinarily I would agree with every word you posted above, even the idea of trading Kyrie for a dominant BIG like Andre Drummond, if they throw in a young PG like Garland, should be NUTS and LAUGHED AT because Kyrie is on a level with the elite of the elite, but there is nothing ordinary about this. Ordinarily, in any other job in the world, he would have been fired for the stunt that he pulled over the past two weeks. He's only getting away with it because 1) He's Kyrie Irving, one of the best basketball players in the world, and 2) because he's tight with Durant and Harden. Heck, for all we know he orchestrated all of this in the summer, so we stand the risk of losing all three in short order if we trade Kyrie. For those reasons I would NOT do it, but I would be lying if I said I'm not tempted. 1) Because a guy like Drummond can bully Anthony Davis and not the other way around, and 2) because there's no guarantee Kyrie won't pull this stunt again. Even SAS, whose always been extremely complimentary of Kyrie and his game, basically told him to retire if basketball if not a passion and priority for him anymore, and as much as I HATE IT, you can't help but wonder about that now? I mean does he still LOVE BASKETBALL, because he sure as heck hasn't spent the past two weeks acting like a guy who still loves the game, and a BIG like Drummond (27) who dominates the glass and dominates defensively, well, you can argue he's a better fit than Kyrie right now. We have scorers and playmakers out the wazoo; Durant, Harden, Kyrie and Harris, but we have NOTHING like Drummond at the 5, a big, thick bully who can make life miserable for a Davis and/or LeBron if we meet the Lakers in the finals. If they throw in a PG like Garland too, the #5 overall pick in 2020, with Durant, Harden and Harris that's a killer five.

PG Darius Garland
SG James Harden
SF James Harris
PF Kevin Durant
C Andre Drummond

#1 small off the bench: Bruce Brown
#1 BIG off the bench: Reggie Perry

Totally get where you are coming from but I still want to give Kyrie a chance to show how committed he is to this team and how he is willing to make it work. If he turns out to be a big issues, then management will handle the situation well I'm sure. Also, I'm confident that they will get a good center eventually. Dedmon for example.

Return to Brooklyn Nets