ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Magic @ Nets 1/16/21 6:00pm EST(James Harden debut)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: GT: Magic @ Nets 1/16/21 6:00pm EST(James Harden debut) 

Post#301 » by Prokorov » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:12 am

CalamityX12 wrote:I remembered Hardens quick hands, glad to see its still there

Both harden and Kyrie get criminally hated on for their defense. At this point in their careers both are plus defenders that get a bunch of steals/knock aways andhave super high IQs
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#302 » by Prokorov » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:13 am

Paradise wrote:I really do believe Claxton is going to FEAST once he’s healthy.

I’m still sad about the announcement of his return but I think he’ll be starting easily here with the amount of elite passing around these bigs.

I dont think Claxton is a lock to beat out reggie perry for backup, let alone start.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#303 » by Prokorov » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:15 am

Openheimer wrote:Harden with no practice has this kind of understanding with these guys. In a few weeks lord of have mercy

He has played with KD in OKC + USA twams
He has played with DJ and Harris on USA teams
He played with Jeff green on the rockets

alot of familiarity
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#304 » by Prokorov » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:18 am

therealbig3 wrote:Yeah, our defense needs work. To be fair though, Vucevic is a monster. He could do this to a good front line too.

they hit a ton of threes. that delayed us going up double digits. if vucevic/ross didnt catch fire we win a laugher by 20.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#305 » by Paradise » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:23 am

Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:I really do believe Claxton is going to FEAST once he’s healthy.

I’m still sad about the announcement of his return but I think he’ll be starting easily here with the amount of elite passing around these bigs.

I dont think Claxton is a lock to beat out reggie perry for backup, let alone start.

Never said he would start but he will definitely push Jordan into realizing he is a 3rd string center if he can’t finish around the rim, can’t rotate or see minutes ahead of Green/Perry by mid February.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#306 » by Prokorov » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:25 am

therealbig3 wrote:Honestly though, and no disrespect to Kyrie, but there's a clear and obvious gap between him and Harden. Harden is just better at...everything.

Kyrie is a better shooter from all distances. Kyrie is a better shot maker.

Harden is better getting to the line and a better passer
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#307 » by Prokorov » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:29 am

MGrand15 wrote:KD is just ridiculous man. Makes no sense.

This team is a nightmare to guard.

he had a pretty quiet 42 points lol.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#308 » by Prokorov » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:34 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I still think you guys are too harsh on Jordan.

There are plenty of bigs who can't really switch out. I've seen Rudy Gobert get played out of playoff series.

There are not many Centers like Vucevic in the league. Its just a bad matchup for him.

When you put him against a traditional Center he will do well like he did vs the Knicks.

Otherwise I think go small and play Green at the 5.

Agree.... this board has already predetermined before games start that Jordan had a bad game. he hasnt been great, but he hasnt been that bad either. He was really solid vs the knicks. and mitch robinson is no slouch.

People pinining for perry and claxton will turn on those guys when they see what they look like with 30 monites and 50+ games.
StepBackCrack
Starter
And1: 3,083

Post#309 » by StepBackCrack » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:50 am

Perry needs to play as many minutes as DJ imo. He doesn't have to start for now. And if DJ is totally useless in a match, just bench him and let Perry play more. This needs to applied until they find a good center. Harden will make Perry way more useful. He can catch the ball at least unlike DJ.
StepBackCrack
Starter
And1: 3,083

Post#310 » by StepBackCrack » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:07 am

Those people who think "Nets should trade Kyrie" after getting Harden don't make much sense to me. Nets would be so dumb to trade a lethal weapon like Kai who proved himself in the playoffs already. It's so easy to find playable centers around the league but Kyrie? lol. I bet they just wish Kyrie ruins everything for the Nets and I don't see that happening considering Kai is excited about playing with KD/Harden. I think Nash could easily get the best out of the three with proper staggering and they are smart players as well so they will make it work with time.
Khashbaatar
Junior
And1: 164

Post#311 » by Khashbaatar » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:43 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I still think you guys are too harsh on Jordan.

There are plenty of bigs who can't really switch out. I've seen Rudy Gobert get played out of playoff series.

There are not many Centers like Vucevic in the league. Its just a bad matchup for him.

When you put him against a traditional Center he will do well like he did vs the Knicks.

Otherwise I think go small and play Green at the 5.

DJ's -3 triggered the box score watchers' disproportionate hate.
TLC was +7, but he was by far the worst player, imo. Terence Ross went nuclear solely because of TLCs defense.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#312 » by Whiskey Slick » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:44 pm

StepBackCrack wrote:
Those people who think "Nets should trade Kyrie" after getting Harden don't make much sense to me. Nets would be so dumb to trade a lethal weapon like Kai who proved himself in the playoffs already. It's so easy to find playable centers around the league but Kyrie? lol. I bet they just wish Kyrie ruins everything for the Nets and I don't see that happening considering Kai is excited about playing with KD/Harden. I think Nash could easily get the best out of the three with proper staggering and they are smart players as well so they will make it work with time.
SBC, You're the first guy to respond to me when I joined RealGM, totally respectful and you seem like a really cool guy, so I have nothing but respect for you. That said, ordinarily I would agree with every word you posted above, even the idea of trading Kyrie for a dominant BIG like Andre Drummond, if they throw in a young PG like Garland, should be NUTS and LAUGHED AT because Kyrie is on a level with the elite of the elite, but there is nothing ordinary about this. Ordinarily, in any other job in the world, he would have been fired for the stunt that he pulled over the past two weeks. He's only getting away with it because 1) He's Kyrie Irving, one of the best basketball players in the world, and 2) because he's tight with Durant and Harden. Heck, for all we know he orchestrated all of this in the summer, so we stand the risk of losing all three in short order if we trade Kyrie. For those reasons I would NOT do it, but I would be lying if I said I'm not tempted. 1) Because a guy like Drummond can bully Anthony Davis and not the other way around, and 2) because there's no guarantee Kyrie won't pull this stunt again. Even SAS, whose always been extremely complimentary of Kyrie and his game, basically told him to retire if basketball if not a passion and priority for him anymore, and as much as I HATE IT, you can't help but wonder about that now? I mean does he still LOVE BASKETBALL, because he sure as heck hasn't spent the past two weeks acting like a guy who still loves the game, and a BIG like Drummond (27) who dominates the glass and dominates defensively, well, you can argue he's a better fit than Kyrie right now. We have scorers and playmakers out the wazoo; Durant, Harden, Kyrie and Harris, but we have NOTHING like Drummond at the 5, a big, thick bully who can make life miserable for a Davis and/or LeBron if we meet the Lakers in the finals. If they throw in a PG like Garland too, the #5 overall pick in 2020, with Durant, Harden and Harris that's a killer five.

PG Darius Garland
SG James Harden
SF James Harris
PF Kevin Durant
C Andre Drummond

#1 small off the bench: Bruce Brown
#1 BIG off the bench: Reggie Perry
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,748

Post#313 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:48 pm

Feels good to have three high efficiency scorers that can score at all three levels of the court.

Our offense is unstoppable. We need defense and rebounding to be complete
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#314 » by Whiskey Slick » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:59 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Feels good to have three high efficiency scorers that can score at all three levels of the court.

Agreed, but not to compete. We're gonna win on most nights with offense alone. This team, as currently constituted, is an offensive juggernaut. But to win a championship, the ultimate goal, we might need a 5 like Drummond who can play bully ball with cats like Anthony Davis et al. and make their lives a living hell. Who can literally out rebound AD and dominate in the paint. 4x NBA rebounding leader. 6' 10"/279 (beast).
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#315 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:43 pm

Drummond would be a nice get, but absolutely not at the cost of Kyrie.

In the playoffs he's not going to be on the floor in the closing 5 minutes anyway.

You only deal Kyrie in the off-season if he asks to be and the return is a near perfect fit. People are way too obsessed with dealing this guy right now. Even if he is a problem, then what do you think you'll get in return for him?

You deal Kyrie in the above type of scenario, you need a Jamaal Murray back for him, or at least a Khris Middleton.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#316 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:42 pm

Whiskey Slick wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Agreed, but not to compete. We're gonna win on most nights with offense alone. This team, as currently constituted, is an offensive juggernaut. But to win a championship, the ultimate goal, we might need a 5 like Drummond who can play bully ball with cats like Anthony Davis et al. and make their lives a living hell. Who can literally out rebound AD and dominate in the paint. 4x NBA rebounding leader. 6' 10"/279 (beast).

I don't know if Drummond is the answer for a guy like AD. Team defense will have to play a factor into slowing him down.

We need to sign Rondae Hollis Jefferson and a big man.

Khashbaatar
Junior
And1: 164

Post#317 » by Khashbaatar » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:44 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Whiskey Slick wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I don't know if Drummond is the answer for a guy like AD. Team defense will have to play a factor into slowing him down.

I love RHJs heart and hustle, but he is not a hooper. He just doesn't understand basketball. There is a reason why Nick Nurse gave up on him, and signed an obscure guy like Yuta Watanabe. RHJ is a good energy guy on a rebuilding team, nothing more, nothing less. I'd rather Shumpert or Garrett Temple over him.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#318 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:35 pm

Khashbaatar wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Whiskey Slick wrote:Agreed, but not to compete. We're gonna win on most nights with offense alone. This team, as currently constituted, is an offensive juggernaut. But to win a championship, the ultimate goal, we might need a 5 like Drummond who can play bully ball with cats like Anthony Davis et al. and make their lives a living hell. Who can literally out rebound AD and dominate in the paint. 4x NBA rebounding leader. 6' 10"/279 (beast).

I love RHJs heart and hustle, but he is not a hooper. He just doesn't understand basketball. There is a reason why Nick Nurse gave up on him, and signed an obscure guy like Yuta Watanabe. RHJ is a good energy guy on a rebuilding team, nothing more, nothing less. I'd rather Shumpert or Garrett Temple over him.

He's a better defender than both Shump or Temple, and it isn't like either one of those two were blowing you away offensively either.

We have enough offensive fire power, need a dirty work guy that can step up against 3s and 4s.

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#319 » by GTR11 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:32 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Khashbaatar wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

He's a better defender than both Shump or Temple, and it isn't like either one of those two were blowing you away offensively either.

We have enough offensive fire power, need a dirty work guy that can step up against 3s and 4s.

He can score for sure. That Sacramento game when he made driving lay up, few Raps game etc come to mind. Yeah Marks need to give our guy a shot, vet min is all it'll take.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#320 » by GTR11 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:36 pm

Orlando Tragic :lol: . They think they will make playoffs :rofl: . Send that trash back home, they got their azz busted DP style by both NY teams.

Return to Brooklyn Nets