ImageImageImageImageImage

The Brooklyn Beard - Official James Harden thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Re: The Brooklyn Beard - Official James Harden thread 

Post#41 » by Shark » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:31 pm

therealbig3 wrote:He's been dropping the ball the last few games. I expected a lot better out of him not gonna lie. He's one of those players that's always going to have a pretty stat line, but can be really underwhelming when you actually watch him play.

He needs to step it up.

As much as he talks about limiting his turnovers he still has some really silly/lazy ones. Someone of his caliber should know better. And in the past few games it feels like he's been taking more shots with the intention of drawing a foul rather than actually making the shot. Those might as well be TOs as well. I know he'll do better, but these are some bad habits he needs to get rid of to give us the best version of himself.
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#42 » by Openheimer » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:43 am

Jason Kidd like playmaker and all time great scorer wrapped into one player
Openheimer
Sixth Man

Post#43 » by Openheimer » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:22 am

He is pretty good
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,851

Post#44 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:32 pm

This guy is quickly becoming my favorite player on the team. The passing, the constant communication, the insane offensive ability.

I had doubts at first, but he wanted to come here, he has done his best to fit in and now he's making everyone around him better. Last night he could have mailed it in versus Phoenix, but he kept his calm and kept the team in it. What a stud.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Openheimer
Sixth Man

Post#45 » by Openheimer » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:43 pm

There is a reason why the Rockets organisation was holding on for dear life to keep him. He had to resort to scorched earth tactics to get a trade done. There no one better at carrying a team on his back in the entire nba
dcstanley
Sixth Man
And1: 1,288

Post#46 » by dcstanley » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:16 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:This guy is quickly becoming my favorite player on the team. The passing, the constant communication, the insane offensive ability.

I had doubts at first, but he wanted to come here, he has done his best to fit in and now he's making everyone around him better. Last night he could have mailed it in versus Phoenix, but he kept his calm and kept the team in it. What a stud.

I've always believed this but I think many are going to realize that Harden could very well be the best player on the team. His ability to create offense is unparalleled. How many players can lead the league in scoring or assists in any given season? Dude is just two seasons removed from nearly averaging 40 PPG.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#47 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:39 pm

Whats crazy is harden had like 38/12 or whatever it was and that was like "hp-hum" another typicaly harden game. and its true with the big 3. likeDurant is dropping a "quiet" 30 points on 15 shots like every other night and its like "meh, thats what KD does". Kyrie dropped 40 on 9 threes and its like "Kyrie played well tonight"

like if any of them "only" scores 28 or harden doesnt have 25/15 its like, eh he didnt have it going tonight.

Meanwhile if DLo, Lever,t Dinwiddie, Brook, Joe jesus, Deron dropped 38/12 we would be talking about it for a month elevating them to "star has arrived" and be talking about how the league is now on notice.

These guys avg games are like good games for most all-stars. it is just absurd how good they are. I mean harden and KD both have a case for best offensive players... ever. and Kyrie is probably the best scorer under 6'3" all time.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#48 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:38 pm

dcstanley wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:This guy is quickly becoming my favorite player on the team. The passing, the constant communication, the insane offensive ability.

I've always believed this but I think many are going to realize that Harden could very well be the best player on the team. His ability to create offense is unparalleled. How many players lead the league in scoring or assists in any given season? Dude is just two seasons removed from nearly averaging 40 PPG.

He went out there last night with basically our 2nd unit and overcame a relentless beat down from Chris Paul's Suns to pull out a decisive win. I have no more doubts.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#49 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:31 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
dcstanley wrote:

I've always believed this but I think many are going to realize that Harden could very well be the best player on the team. His ability to create offense is unparalleled. How many players lead the league in scoring or assists in any given season? Dude is just two seasons removed from nearly averaging 40 PPG.

He went out there last night with basically our 2nd unit and overcame a relentless beat down from Chris Paul's Suns to pull out a decisive win. I have no more doubts.

We have such an absurd amount of riches...

The jazz are like 19-1 in their lost 20 games. that loss? a 30-point blowout where Kyrie ethered them toying with conley and mitchell

KD curb stomped the knicks solo

harden last night
Suwanee
Junior
And1: 174

Post#50 » by Suwanee » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:40 pm

This is the Harden I've known and been in love with. He carried a bunch of role players FOR YEARS on his back in Houston. Without him, look where Rox are in the standings right now. Yet people, including some idiotic Rox fans, were always down on him for whatever reason. What a shame.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#51 » by Paradise » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:47 pm

Read on Twitter
Ksny13
Sophomore
And1: 132

Post#52 » by Ksny13 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:02 pm

Harden is scoring 25 points a game, 12 assists a game, almost 9 rebounds a game and is shooting an amazing 51/41/91. He has a career high in 2 point field goal percentage (60%), a career high in 3 point field goal percentage (41%) and free throw percentage (91%)... He also is having a career high in assists (12) a game and a career high in assist to turnover ration at nearly 3 to 1.

KD is arguably the best scorer in the league and definitely on The Nets but I would certainly say is the best and most important player on the team...... he leads them in WS, he leads them in assists, steals, rebounds, blocks, two point field goal %, VORP, BPM, WS, WS%,....... all while being 3rd on the team in usage.

This is the most efficient I have ever seen him play.
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

Post#53 » by Vator » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:02 pm

Greetings BKN fans. I told you a lot of things about James Harden would come as a surprise to many of you. For a player as renowned and great he has consistently been for 8 years, he remains criminally underrated and disrespected and yet he finishes top 3 in MVP voting year in and year out. Now you see why.

All this talk about Harden being more likable because he changed his game up is BS. Last night without KD and Kyrie, you all got a small taste of of Rockets James Harden and everybody sang his praises all last night, this morning, and well into the afternoon. Nothing about his stat line or how he played yesterday was shocking or quite frankly that overly impressive to any of us Rockets fans because 38 and 11 had become pretty much the norm for him. Dare i say that’s what we’d come to expect and we’d consider that an average game. This man averaged 40, 7, and 7 over 40 games. We took it for granted because he made it look easy. It took 50 point triple doubles and 60 point games to get our attention.

Read on Twitter
?s=21
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#54 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:40 am

dcstanley wrote:

I've always believed this but I think many are going to realize that Harden could very well be the best player on the team. His ability to create offense is unparalleled. How many players can lead the league in scoring or assists in any given season? Dude is just two seasons removed from nearly averaging 40 PPG.

I've said before that when you factor in durability, he is the best of the 3. For one game, at full health, it's very close between him and KD. For a season(s) it is definitely Harden.

They're just playing very different roles, so it's hard to say definitively at the micro level. There have been games where it felt KD was not that involved, but he ended up with a hyper-efficient 30 and 7 with some key defensive plays. As PG, Harden is involved in everything.
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

Post#55 » by Vator » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:34 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#56 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:51 pm

When will Harden start to get MVP buzz? He is the captain of this ship and we are on a roll

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#57 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:21 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:When will Harden start to get MVP buzz? He is the captain of this ship and we are on a roll

Probably never. There was a sequence last night where Harland asked Reggie what about Harden in the MVP race and although he was singing praises for Harden all night, before and after that question, he basically was like, although he’s playing at an MVP level and deserves recognition you can’t put him above some of the other obvious guys at this point.

I think that will be the narrative, he is MVP caliber, he’s playing at an MVP level, but on a team with 3 legitimate MVP candidates and the way he forced his way out of Houston, he’s not going to get his real shine this year, at least not till after the MVP voting has finished.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#58 » by Paradise » Wed Mar 3, 2021 12:43 am

Rockets owner Tillman Fertitta has announced they will retire Harden’s jersey in Houston

"James Harden will always be a Rocket. Of course, we will retire his jersey. He made my first three years of owning this franchise unforgettable. The success he brought this franchise over eight years and the memories he created for our fan base/community (are) truly remarkable."
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#59 » by ecuhus1981 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:59 pm

<bump>

I don't mean to add oxygen to an incendiary topic, and I have very high (MVP) hopes for our Bearded saviour.

I have to ask, to get other perspectives and gain consensus. Do you think that James is healthy to start the season?

Some have commented about his shape, but I think he's in much better condition in these preseason games than he was at the start of last season in Houston. His bulk is his edge, absorbing contract on his drives and finishing with strength.

My concern is his footwork and handle. It seems like he had always had immaculate footwork, that separates him from even other superstars. Two glorified scrimmages aren't enough to draw conclusions, but he doesn't show his signature precision in drives. Furthermore, his ball-handling is... loosey-goosey. He is a gamblin' man with assists, but James had 3 TO's Friday, and all of them were unforced errors. Is he still not fully healed, did the hamstring, umm, hamstring his offseason preparation?

Now, tell me I'm overreacting!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#60 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:29 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:<bump>

I don't mean to add oxygen to an incendiary topic, and I have very high (MVP) hopes for our Bearded saviour.

I have to ask, to get other perspectives and gain consensus. Do you think that James is healthy to start the season?

Some have commented about his shape, but I think he's in much better condition in these preseason games than he was at the start of last season in Houston. His bulk is his edge, absorbing contract on his drives and finishing with strength.

My concern is his footwork and handle. It seems like he had always had immaculate footwork, that separates him from even other superstars. Two glorified scrimmages aren't enough to draw conclusions, but he doesn't show his signature precision in drives. Furthermore, his ball-handling is... loosey-goosey. He is a gamblin' man with assists, but James had 3 TO's Friday, and all of them were unforced errors. Is he still not fully healed, did the hamstring, umm, hamstring his offseason preparation?

Now, tell me I'm overreacting!

He seemed fine to me. He wasnt trying go really go hard

Return to Brooklyn Nets