ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Bucks vs Nets - MLK Monday, 01/18/21 | 7:30pm EST | TNT

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,862

Re: GT: Bucks vs Nets - MLK Monday, 01/18/21 | 7:30pm EST | TNT 

Post#321 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:24 am

OneZilion wrote:It is maybe too many PG duties on Harden... when Irving is back they will split PG position and that should be even more deadly for everyone else...

Nope I like Harden at PG. He is an excellent passer, he just needs to get used to playing with everyone.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#322 » by GTR11 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:24 am

Papi_swav wrote:
GTR11 wrote:I'm getting some duh nis azz lol

Keep going bro, the bottle is almost finished, your almost there :lol:

Some BK fans about to break out :lol:
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#323 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:25 am

Papi_swav wrote:So who gets the crown tonight?? I think we should give Co-Crowns. I can't choose between KD/Harden. KD gave us the game winning shot.

My bad...I let this slip.

I should’ve made the thread/post so everyone was aware that we’re actually starting this.

If enough people vote/give out a crown, we can informally start it tonight, and I’ll make the official thread so we can actually keep a formal record by Wednesday.

My vote for tonight’s crown: James Harden

I give the slight edge to Harden over KD. He’s stepped in with basically no practice and has been a tremendously valuable PG for us in addition to providing elite scoring. Yes, KD provided the dagger but Harden had some big baskets throughout the 3rd and 4th to keep us in it and extend the lead.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#324 » by Papi_swav » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:26 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:So who gets the crown tonight?? I think we should give Co-Crowns. I can't choose between KD/Harden. KD gave us the game winning shot.

I give KD and Lord Beard Co Crowns and Joe Harris should be anointed as a Knight

ohh ok I like that one. I'm with u on that. Joe deserves the knight
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#325 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:26 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I never make sweeping conclusion from one game, but the Bucks still don't scare me in the playoffs.

Giannis literally has no ability to score at the end of tight games. Hes Mr. Meltdown for a reason.

They better hope Jrue Holiday or Kris Middleton play like superstars.

We played the percentages and let Giannis shoot threes and mid range jumpers. he had 34 points but he was essentially a non factor overall as the Bucks had to rely on their perimeter guys to hit shots to keep it close.

Next time we play them, I think that we'll be better as a unit.

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#326 » by GTR11 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:27 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
OneZilion wrote:It is maybe too many PG duties on Harden... when Irving is back they will split PG position and that should be even more deadly for everyone else...

Nope I like Harden at PG. He is an excellent passer, he just needs to get used to playing with everyone.

Who wants to leave Kyrie and Harris to shoot that thing :lol: . I'll take that all day
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#327 » by Papi_swav » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:28 am

NyCeEvO wrote:

I should’ve made the thread/post so everyone was aware that we’re actually starting this.

If enough people vote/give out a crown, we can informally start it tonight, and I’ll make the official thread so we can actually keep a formal record by Wednesday.

I give the slight edge to Harden over KD. He’s stepped in with basically no practice and has been a tremendously valuable PG for us in addition to providing elite scoring. Yes, KD provided the dagger but Harden had some big baskets throughout the 3rd and 4th to keep us in it and extend the lead.

OK. My choice is KD/Harden for co-crowns. And like MDB said Harris is the Knight. You should add that one in there too bro.

Let's go guys, let's make this a thing. Put your votes in
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#328 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:28 am

NyCeEvO wrote:

Harden had some seriously gritty baskets in this game to fend off the charge. The dude is legit.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#329 » by Paradise » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:28 am

I’m really excited to see who Sean snags with the MLE. He basically confirmed he’s waiting for the buyout market to get filled.

Huge question for Sean going forward: Do we get the DPE for Dinwiddie or hope he can return by an NBA Finals run?

So, far we haven’t gotten word we got the Exception granted which leaves the door open for a Spencer return in my mind. The league has to make sure the player is for sure out for the entire season before granting the exception.

Kyrie and TJ returning on Wednesday should really shake up the lineup. I don’t want to see Shamet see a lick of minutes in Cleveland.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#330 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:29 am

KD for the crown. He made the game winner.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#331 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:30 am

GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Who wants to leave Kyrie and Harris to shoot that thing :lol: . I'll take that all day

The opposing defenses will need to make a decision. Both options will result in something bad for them

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#332 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:31 am

Paradise wrote:I’m really excited to see who Sean snags with the MLE. He basically confirmed he’s waiting for the buyout market to get filled.

Huge question for Sean going forward: Do we get the DPE for Dinwiddie or hope he can return by an NBA Finals run?

So, far we haven’t gotten word we got the Exception granted which leaves the door open for a Spencer return in my mind. The league has to make sure the player is for sure out for the entire season before granting the exception.

Kyrie and TJ returning on Wednesday should really shake up the lineup. I don’t want to see Shamet see a lick of minutes in Cleveland.

Buyout market doesn't happen til another month or so. We need to fill spots now.

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,370

Post#333 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:32 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:TNT guys really acting like we could be worse with Kyrie. So tired of these stupid analysts.

Im sure an elite passers/shooter/finisher will make us worse. LOL

Look at Kyrie's metrics:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/i/irvinky01.html

There is zero drop off here. In fact, when he returns we are most likely playing 2 of the Big 3 on the floor at all times

Expect 20+ point blowouts from here on out.

They're going to be nearly unbettable except on the road vs. other contenders. The lines are going to balloon to stuff like -14 at home vs. the Suns, -7 @ Indianna, -19.5 vs Charlotte at home, ML's are going to be a car payment to win $100. Can't wait! *Bart Scott voice
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Khashbaatar
Junior
And1: 164

Post#334 » by Khashbaatar » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:33 am

Schroder singlehandedly killing GSW, lol. Bruce Brown will lock up his a** easily
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#335 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:33 am

I'd go co-crown on Harden and KD. Harris gets the honorable mention.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#336 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:34 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:TNT guys really acting like we could be worse with Kyrie. So tired of these stupid analysts.

Im sure an elite passers/shooter/finisher will make us worse. LOL

Look at Kyrie's metrics:

There is zero drop off here. In fact, when he returns we are most likely playing 2 of the Big 3 on the floor at all times

They're going to be nearly unbettable except on the road vs. other contenders. The lines are going to balloon to stuff like -14 at home vs. the Suns, -7 @ Indianna, ML's are going to be a car payment to win $100. Can't wait! *Bart Scott voice

The over is where it's at if you ask me.

vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#337 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:35 am

Paradise wrote:I’m really excited to see who Sean snags with the MLE. He basically confirmed he’s waiting for the buyout market to get filled.

Somebody broke this down on Twitter the other night with bullet points from the CBA. We can both get the DPE and Spencer could comeback, we'd have to cut someone to bring him back though.
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#338 » by Shark » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:36 am

Going with Harden for the Crown.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#339 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:36 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Look at Kyrie's metrics:

They're going to be nearly unbettable except on the road vs. other contenders. The lines are going to balloon to stuff like -14 at home vs. the Suns, -7 @ Indianna, ML's are going to be a car payment to win $100. Can't wait! *Bart Scott voice

The over is where it's at if you ask me.

Those will be risky too lol. They're going to be steady at like 253.5 and if the game isn't competitive it's going to be a losing nailbiter that hits like 251 lol.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

GT: Bucks vs Nets - MLK Monday, 01/18/21 | 7:30pm EST | TNT 

Post#340 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:37 am

Ok, for everyone who is voting...please quote this post and tell me who you’re giving your crown to, so I can keep a record and tally it up later.

I’ll make sure to get things organized, so this is coordinated and easy to participate in.

I’m going to pin one thread that will give a general description of the voting process and tallies up crown winners over the course of the season.

At this time, I’m thinking it may be easiest to close game threads after wins and open a separate post-game thread with a poll, so it’s easier to track our votes but I’m not sure. I’ll think about it and get your feedback.

In the meantime, I have some questions:

1) Someone (MDB?) mentioned something about having a “Knight” award in addition to the Crown. What function does the knight have? Is this a 2nd place vote?

2) At the moment, we’re only giving out crowns for wins. Should we leave it at this or do we want to give out “Jester” awards for bad/underwhelming performances when we lose too?

Any feedback and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Return to Brooklyn Nets