ImageImageImageImageImage

Kenny Smith (hater) made me furious

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Kenny Smith (hater) made me furious 

Post#1 » by Whiskey Slick » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:58 pm

He was actually making a case to rescind the big trade over Lavert, sighting future precedent from some big trade way back in the day that was rescinded for similar reasons and all the players went back to their original teams. Bottom line, he was really trying his hardest to make a case for rescinding the trade that brought Harden to the Nets. Did anyone else see it? I think it was on the NBA Channel, on Inside the NBA.

Now he has me nervous. Can this actually happen?
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,099

Re: Kenny Smith (hater) made me furious 

Post#2 » by therealbig3 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:10 pm

Whiskey Slick wrote:He was actually making a case to rescind the big trade over Lavert, sighting future precedent from some big trade way back in the day that was rescinded for similar reasons and all the players went back to their original teams. Bottom line, he was really trying his hardest to make a case for rescinding the trade that brought Harden to the Nets. Did anyone else see it? I think it was on the NBA Channel, on Inside the NBA.

Idk, it is kind of messed up they traded for someone and now that player is unavailable because of a previously unknown health issue and is going to need surgery now.

On the other hand, they weren’t getting anything out of Oladipo anyway though. He’s an expiring contract and he wanted out. They wanted to turn him into something more long term, which they did with Levert. There’s still an opportunity for Levert to recover and come back later this year and help them out, and be there for the next couple of years at least. They’re not getting that out of Oladipo.

So it wouldn’t help the Pacers to rescind the deal, really.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#3 » by Whiskey Slick » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:14 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
Idk, it is kind of messed up they traded for someone and now that player is unavailable because of a previously unknown health issue and is going to need surgery now.

On the other hand, they weren’t getting anything out of Oladipo anyway though. He’s an expiring contract and he wanted out. They wanted to turn him into something more long term, which they did with Levert. There’s still an opportunity for Levert to recover and come back later this year and help them out, and be there for the next couple of years at least. They’re not getting that out of Oladipo.

Also we already threw them second round picks and a load of cash to make up for the mishap.

It's not like the Nets knowingly traded Lavert in this condition. No-one is even suggesting that.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,099

Post#4 » by therealbig3 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:21 pm

Whiskey Slick wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:

Also we already threw them second round picks and a load of cash to make up for the mishap.

It's not like the Nets knowingly traded Lavert in this condition. No-one is even suggesting that.

Meh, I mean I don't think anyone feels that it was done knowingly and we tried to cover it up or something, but that doesn't really matter does it? Pacers are within their rights to feel that they traded for damaged goods. A couple of 2nd rounders and cash doesn't do much to change that.

I don't think they're going to rescind the deal though, because of the aforementioned reasons: Levert should be able to have surgery and come back and be a contributor not just for this season but in future seasons as well, which is ultimately their goal.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,912

Post#5 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:23 pm

the TNT guys hate KD, Kyrie, and Harden so expect more of this nonsense all season.

No one knew that Caris had a mass growing in his kidney. Hopefully, surgery will be successful and he will be back on the court sooner than later. In turn, Indiana doesn't lose Oladipo for nothing and the get a good player on a team friendly contract.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#6 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:43 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
Whiskey Slick wrote:He was actually making a case to rescind the big trade over Lavert, sighting future precedent from some big trade way back in the day that was rescinded for similar reasons and all the players went back to their original teams. Bottom line, he was really trying his hardest to make a case for rescinding the trade that brought Harden to the Nets. Did anyone else see it? I think it was on the NBA Channel, on Inside the NBA.

appearantly levert wasnt a key piece in the trade, according to reports from houston, and the deal would have still happened, with some different parts moving.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#7 » by Paradise » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:06 pm

Nope. Not whatsoever.

We compensated them with cash and an extra 2nd round pick and all parties have done photo shoots with their new uniforms.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#8 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:52 pm

Yea, we already compensated for this development. They accepted n we're done.

Thx God for Caris.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
haosmoove
Junior
And1: 221

Post#9 » by haosmoove » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:55 pm

Rescinding is so weird for all players involved. Do they just pretend nothing happened and the team still want them? When they all know the FO is working on revising the deal to send them out again? Putting players back to their old team don't help any parties involved.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#10 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:17 am

Prokorov wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:

appearantly levert wasnt a key piece in the trade, according to reports from houston, and the deal would have still happened, with some different parts moving.

Haven't seen those reports, but what I said a long time ago on T&T and elsewhere was true. People were too fixated on matching talent, but the worst thing for Houston would have been to be mediocre. I expect them to go full rebuild and tank hard for a couple years. I don't think they're done dealing.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#11 » by Papi_swav » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:41 am

Just a Queens guy hating on Brooklyn, nothing new.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#12 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:22 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:

Haven't seen those reports, but what I said a long time ago on T&T and elsewhere was true. People were too fixated on matching talent, but the worst thing for Houston would have been to be mediocre. I expect them to go full rebuild and tank hard for a couple years. I don't think they're done dealing.

Hard to tank when they owe 4 picks to OKC. even with some top 3 protection, thats a risky game with so many other teams tanking and a lotto system
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#13 » by Openheimer » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:04 pm

Kenny hates harden. This old Rockets players are unhappy with Harden. It’s not the Nets
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#14 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:54 pm

Prokorov wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Hard to tank when they owe 4 picks to OKC. even with some top 3 protection, thats a risky game with so many other teams tanking and a lotto system

They owe a top 4 protected swap this year, then top 4 protected in 2024 and 2026. They should absolutely tank and cash in for 2021-2023 drafts.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#15 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:53 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:Haven't seen those reports, but what I said a long time ago on T&T and elsewhere was true. People were too fixated on matching talent, but the worst thing for Houston would have been to be mediocre. I expect them to go full rebuild and tank hard for a couple years. I don't think they're done dealing.

They owe a top 4 protected swap this year, then top 4 protected in 2024 and 2026. They should absolutely tank and cash in for 2021-2023 drafts.

Thats hard too do when you have like 5 or 6 other teams tanking and a lottery. the downside is catastrophic. you sent a message to your best players your locked into for a near untradeable deal and your best young player in wood that tanking is more important then the next 3-4 years of their career. then you have to actually hit on the pick, which is iffy even top 4 in many drafts. then you birng a otp pick into a toxic tank enviornment.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#16 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:30 pm

Prokorov wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Thats hard too do when you have like 5 or 6 other teams tanking and a lottery. the downside is catastrophic. you sent a message to your best players your locked into for a near untradeable deal and your best young player in wood that tanking is more important then the next 3-4 years of their career. then you have to actually hit on the pick, which is iffy even top 4 in many drafts. then you birng a otp pick into a toxic tank enviornment.

I'm sure they will gladly dump or reach reduced buy out agreements with those "best" players. They are a bad team without Harden, and currently have the 4th worst record. It's early, but I don't expect that to change.

Return to Brooklyn Nets