ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Heat @ Nets PT II, 1/25/21 7:30 pm EST

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Curns13
Pro Prospect
And1: 267

Re: GT: Heat @ Nets PT II, 1/25/21 7:30 pm EST 

Post#221 » by Curns13 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:36 am

Anyone else really worried about the minutes the big 3 are playing? Kyrie = 35, KD = 36, Harden = 38 (42 with us). I think this is a real problem. This might be another reason for Marks to get a move on and add depth sooner rather than later.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,856

Post#222 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:43 am

Curns13 wrote:Anyone else really worried about the minutes the big 3 are playing? Kyrie = 35, KD = 36, Harden = 38 (42 with us). I think this is a real problem. This might be another reason for Marks to get a move on and add depth sooner rather than later.

Our bench is garbage. Marks seems like he's dragging his feet here.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#223 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:44 am

Brooklyn91 wrote:Deandre Jordan seen us shopping for a C from the Cavs and decided to show some effort tonight

Jordan honestly has played hard since the trade but even then he has left a lot to be desired

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#224 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:58 pm

Read on Twitter

I can live with Harden facilitating for most of the game to save his energy to be the close out man.

Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#225 » by Keith Van Horn » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:05 pm

Great job by Harden and everyone really breaking away in the 4th when we needed it.

I agree with whoever said that they'd like to see a blowout soon so we can give the bench units more minutes and see how they rise to the occasion.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

GT: Heat @ Nets PT II, 1/25/21 7:30 pm EST 

Post#226 » by Paradise » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:24 pm

Harden sharing the ball is pissing off all the closet racist Houston radio “fans”. I love it.

This dude is a complete pussy. “Get on my level of anger” LMAO.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#227 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:45 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Paradise wrote:Lol What?

LeVert hasn’t seen the floor in two weeks and could miss the season.

I would rather have Allen, Prince and the ability to use those picks in trades.

Hopefully Harden goes back to normal soon.

Calm down.

As soon as we find a serviceable C to soak up PT, we won't be as vulnerable and you won't miss Allen as much. James is finding his footing with the team, and doing his best to satisfy Nash's demands. We're winning now, and we'll be even better soon.

To be fair I said this when he was playing like an obese Ricky Rubio :lol:
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#228 » by Openheimer » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:21 pm

Paradise wrote:Harden sharing the ball is pissing off all the closet racist Houston radio “fans”. I love it.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

What a fool
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#229 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:24 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Curns13 wrote:Anyone else really worried about the minutes the big 3 are playing? Kyrie = 35, KD = 36, Harden = 38 (42 with us). I think this is a real problem. This might be another reason for Marks to get a move on and add depth sooner rather than later.

Our bench is garbage. Marks seems like he's dragging his feet here.

I think it is important to get it right, more so then get it done fast. Not to say we should wait until March, but the difference between a week or two isnt much, where as making the wrong move or even missing out on a trade because you didnt explore all options IS a big deal.

Trade negotiations take time. I'm sure a handful of teams called about McGee once allen was added to Clevelands roster. Cleveland is likely leveraging for the most they can get. Then there is also McGee, maybe cleveland has a deal but McGee is pushing for a certain team. Maybe cleveland is insisting teams take delly/salary or make other concessions.

With guys who have been out of a job, there may be some work too. are they eligible, what shape are they in, are they interested, are they playing hardball for more then the minimum.

I'd rather wait a week and find out that we got McGee and Norman Powell instead of just signing Dedmon and MKG today. Like we know about McGee and Norwell Pelle but as often with Marks, alot of his moves come out of nowhere.

Either way I think Fans, Media, Players, coaching, and front office/Marks all agree Guys like Perry shouldnt be playing.
Evalar
Freshman
And1: 52

Post#230 » by Evalar » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:29 pm

If we can find the balance it could give us a slight advantage with Hardens way of playing at the moment. Other teams will be unsure of how he will play as well. For most of the game yesterday he was passing etc come the 4th quarter he was a totally different player. I could be overthinking it but it did look as if Heat couldn't adjust quickly enough to Hardens game in the 4th.

I also think Kyrie is proving a lot of the so called expert pundits wrong. They were so adamant that he wouldn't sacrifice for the team and he would be the problem because he won't defend but he has been everywhere and I thought he grabbed the last game and dragged us through and last night was everywhere trying to help the defenders whether it worked or not he was trying.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#231 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:36 pm

Great Game! My thoughts:

1) Harden cooked late. which was a sight for sore eyes for all Nets fans. KDs comments he is learning when to be aggressive and when to pass seem spot on. But at least we have now seen him turn it on. He needs to do that with the bench unit, but it has become clear that every team will zone us the second KD/Kyrie go to the bench. I think its important to have Harris out with Harden to bust the zone. Harder for harden to take over if teams zone him.

2) Kyrie racking up the floor burns. diving out of bounds. digging in defensively. great to see. especially for haters who question his buy in or selfishness.

3) We responded defensively. It still wasn't great but we dug in and we got stops in a game where everyone was off for 36 minutes. We won a game ina fashion that most people said we couldnt

4) you now its KILLING haters that Kyrie let harden take over late and then celebrated him. doesnt fir their narrative. It is clear the teamw ill ride the hot guy late. 3 best 4th quarter scorers in the league. Fun times.

5) Jordan has played better. But Nash has limited him to 20ish mionutes. probably a good thing as he seems to not be as productive in more then that. Although id rather stagger it were he plays more in crunch time then reggie perry.

6) Bam had a good game, but for the second straight night i was like "there is 0 chance they can beat us with bam taking Iso mid range jumpers". as soon as he misses a couple its a big run for us.

7) Kyrie/KD/Harden are improving every game together. shots werent falling tonight but there is a flow. guys are focused on taking open shots and beating their man and less so on who gets it when. despite the "only 1 ball crowd" there are 20 shots to be had for each of them every night

I know this was tight throughout, but i just never felt like we could lose this one. they were getting calls, we werent, they were hitting bank shot no look threes at the buzzer and we were 1-15 from three at one point, and despite that it was always a 1 or 2 possesion game. eventually the dam broke for the heat.

Still dont love Nash at the moment. I think he will get better, but you cant watch your 3 stars consistently hit the hardwood on layup attempts with no calls while the other team parades to the FT line. Go get a technical there
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#232 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:40 pm

gmoney411 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Hes so good its almost unreal that he stopped doing this.

He's taking it to the extreme but this is kind of what you want to see from Harden. He's an automatic bucket and doesn't need help. Now is the time for him to figure out how to get good looks for his teammates.

One of his biggest downfalls in Houston was being too tired at the end of games. If he can rest and facilitate early he can dominate to close it out like he did today.

it also doesnt need to be one or the other. if he is driving past his man, thats also opportunites to find KD/Kyrie if their defenders help
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#233 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:42 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:King: Harden - I hope he stays this aggressive. We’ve all been begging for him to turn up.

Knight: KD

Jester: TLC - Who else would it be?

King: Harden (duh)

Knight: Kyrie - racked up hustle points diving out of bounds/defending

JEster: Nash. Dont turtle on the sidelines while your 3 stars are being hacked to the floor on layups with no call.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#234 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:43 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:King: Harden - I hope he stays this aggressive. We’ve all been begging for him to turn up.

Knight: KD

Jester: TLC - Who else would it be?

I’ll second this, though I could go any of KD, Kyrie or DJ(seriously though lol) for the Knight.

DJ finishes lobs, but I feel like so many other big men can do what he does and more. He’s playing next to stars and only has to finish lobs created from teams focusing on other players around him.

I thought he still got burned badly on defense in the 1st quarter. His turnstile defense allowed the Heat to score easily and get out to a good lead.

I really hope we can acquire someone better than him. The bar is so low.

Alot of that is on nash too though. you are asking DJ to defend a guard coming full speed off a pick and roll while also preventing the lob to Bam.

thats not a thing DJ can do
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#235 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:44 pm

Paradise wrote:Yo, Prok! Lol

Kyrie-Bam jersey swap part 2

Read on Twitter

lol!
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#236 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:46 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:I’ll second this, though I could go any of KD, Kyrie or DJ(seriously though lol) for the Knight.

DJ finishes lobs, but I feel like so many other big men can do what he does and more. He’s playing next to stars and only has to finish lobs created from teams focusing on other players around him.

I thought he still got burned badly on defense in the 1st quarter. His turnstile defense allowed the Heat to score easily and get out to a good lead.

I really hope we can acquire someone better than him. The bar is so low.

I agree with all of this, but most of tonight he was solid.

I’m hoping we wind up with McGee and another big body, and if we do trade Spence we land one of Gordon, Barnes or Ross.

I think we should be targeting norman powell

Dinwiddie/Claxton/Shamet/2nds

Powell is an elite defender and 2-way guy. would fit perfect in the starting lineup
gmoney411
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,821

Post#237 » by gmoney411 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:50 pm

Prokorov wrote:
gmoney411 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Hes so good its almost unreal that he stopped doing this.

He's taking it to the extreme but this is kind of what you want to see from Harden. He's an automatic bucket and doesn't need help. Now is the time for him to figure out how to get good looks for his teammates.

One of his biggest downfalls in Houston was being too tired at the end of games. If he can rest and facilitate early he can dominate to close it out like he did today.

it also doesnt need to be one or the other. if he is driving past his man, thats also opportunites to find KD/Kyrie if their defenders help

I agree. But I think that kinda falls under what he's been doing his whole career in Houston. My guess is he's trying to figure out ways to be successful outside of the way he has always played. No matter what step back 3s and drives that end in layups or open looks for teammates will always be there and he doesn't really need any in game practice for that. If they can figure out more it's a wrap.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#238 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:54 pm

HardenGoat wrote:Harden joined Durants team and Kyrie is the second option. So that makes him third and the facilitator but I think tonight we can see how effective a closer he is. That was awesome to watch. Wow!

the 1st/2nd/third option thing isnt a real thing.

Everyone will get there 18-22 shots easily. Outside of the big 3, we dont have guys who need shots or to create offense. all 3 guys can have 30% usage. they stagger, it will vary who stars the offense any given time. Harden could have 20+ shots anytime without preventing KD/Kyrie from eating too
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#239 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:56 pm

Nondescript wrote:My educated thoughts on the game.

Defense, rebounding and turnovers were way better. They need to be league average at least for this team to go places.

Offense stunk for long stretches. I'm glad the team could turn on it and pull a double digit lead out of nowhere but don't like how disjointed things looked for most of the game. Harden in particular needs to be more aggressive, as soon as he was the game turned.

Outside of a 42 second stretch TLC was trash and I still contend he be traded for snacks at the concession.

I dont feel like the offense stunk, i feel like we missed alot of open threes and layups. i think for 48 minutes we got the shots we wanted for the most part
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#240 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:56 pm

Paradise wrote:Harden sharing the ball is pissing off all the closet racist Houston radio “fans”. I love it.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I don't see anything racist here per say.

Disrespectful, absolutely. I'm not sure how his employer is okay with one of their on air talents calling someone a bitch in public though.

Return to Brooklyn Nets