GT: Heat @ Nets PT II, 1/25/21 7:30 pm EST

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,546

Re: GT: Heat @ Nets PT II, 1/25/21 7:30 pm EST 

Post#241 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:01 pm

Prokorov wrote:Great Game! My thoughts:

1) Harden cooked late. which was a sight for sore eyes for all Nets fans. KDs comments he is learning when to be aggressive and when to pass seem spot on. But at least we have now seen him turn it on. He needs to do that with the bench unit, but it has become clear that every team will zone us the second KD/Kyrie go to the bench. I think its important to have Harris out with Harden to bust the zone. Harder for harden to take over if teams zone him.

2) Kyrie racking up the floor burns. diving out of bounds. digging in defensively. great to see. especially for haters who question his buy in or selfishness.

3) We responded defensively. It still wasn't great but we dug in and we got stops in a game where everyone was off for 36 minutes. We won a game ina fashion that most people said we couldnt

4) you now its KILLING haters that Kyrie let harden take over late and then celebrated him. doesnt fir their narrative. It is clear the teamw ill ride the hot guy late. 3 best 4th quarter scorers in the league. Fun times.

5) Jordan has played better. But Nash has limited him to 20ish mionutes. probably a good thing as he seems to not be as productive in more then that. Although id rather stagger it were he plays more in crunch time then reggie perry.

6) Bam had a good game, but for the second straight night i was like "there is 0 chance they can beat us with bam taking Iso mid range jumpers". as soon as he misses a couple its a big run for us.

7) Kyrie/KD/Harden are improving every game together. shots werent falling tonight but there is a flow. guys are focused on taking open shots and beating their man and less so on who gets it when. despite the "only 1 ball crowd" there are 20 shots to be had for each of them every night

I know this was tight throughout, but i just never felt like we could lose this one. they were getting calls, we werent, they were hitting bank shot no look threes at the buzzer and we were 1-15 from three at one point, and despite that it was always a 1 or 2 possesion game. eventually the dam broke for the heat.

Still dont love Nash at the moment. I think he will get better, but you cant watch your 3 stars consistently hit the hardwood on layup attempts with no calls while the other team parades to the FT line. Go get a technical there

Every time Irving and Durant drive they get hit. No call. Yet, you brush Bam's arm on a follow through and it's an automatic whistle. I don't understand the officiating.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#242 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:11 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:Great Game! My thoughts:

1) Harden cooked late. which was a sight for sore eyes for all Nets fans. KDs comments he is learning when to be aggressive and when to pass seem spot on. But at least we have now seen him turn it on. He needs to do that with the bench unit, but it has become clear that every team will zone us the second KD/Kyrie go to the bench. I think its important to have Harris out with Harden to bust the zone. Harder for harden to take over if teams zone him.

2) Kyrie racking up the floor burns. diving out of bounds. digging in defensively. great to see. especially for haters who question his buy in or selfishness.

3) We responded defensively. It still wasn't great but we dug in and we got stops in a game where everyone was off for 36 minutes. We won a game ina fashion that most people said we couldnt

4) you now its KILLING haters that Kyrie let harden take over late and then celebrated him. doesnt fir their narrative. It is clear the teamw ill ride the hot guy late. 3 best 4th quarter scorers in the league. Fun times.

5) Jordan has played better. But Nash has limited him to 20ish mionutes. probably a good thing as he seems to not be as productive in more then that. Although id rather stagger it were he plays more in crunch time then reggie perry.

6) Bam had a good game, but for the second straight night i was like "there is 0 chance they can beat us with bam taking Iso mid range jumpers". as soon as he misses a couple its a big run for us.

7) Kyrie/KD/Harden are improving every game together. shots werent falling tonight but there is a flow. guys are focused on taking open shots and beating their man and less so on who gets it when. despite the "only 1 ball crowd" there are 20 shots to be had for each of them every night

I know this was tight throughout, but i just never felt like we could lose this one. they were getting calls, we werent, they were hitting bank shot no look threes at the buzzer and we were 1-15 from three at one point, and despite that it was always a 1 or 2 possesion game. eventually the dam broke for the heat.

Still dont love Nash at the moment. I think he will get better, but you cant watch your 3 stars consistently hit the hardwood on layup attempts with no calls while the other team parades to the FT line. Go get a technical there

Every time Irving and Durant drive they get hit. No call. Yet, you brush Bam's arm on a follow through and it's an automatic whistle. I don't understand the officiating.

its a nets curse. you would think having 3 stars and a guy who is the best ever at getting to the FT line might get us some calls but nope
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#243 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:56 pm

Just wanted to put it out there...

Nets 2-1 with the big 3, would be 3-0 if we avoided that horrific 2OT loss
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,598

Post#244 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:06 pm

Prokorov wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:Harden joined Durants team and Kyrie is the second option. So that makes him third and the facilitator but I think tonight we can see how effective a closer he is. That was awesome to watch. Wow!

the 1st/2nd/third option thing isnt a real thing.

Everyone will get there 18-22 shots easily. Outside of the big 3, we dont have guys who need shots or to create offense. all 3 guys can have 30% usage. they stagger, it will vary who stars the offense any given time. Harden could have 20+ shots anytime without preventing KD/Kyrie from eating too

These guys are smart and hungry enough to win to understand that they should exploit the most favorable match up. Over the course of the season, I expect usage to be balanced. In game, we should expect anybody to go off based on matchup.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,232

Post#245 » by Papi_swav » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:31 pm

Loved this game. We won this with our effort and defense, we needed a game like this. We should of got some foul calls especially Kyrie but whatever. I'm glad we beat them twice, I feel like these 2 wins will come in handy. Harden closed it out when he needed to. DJ played ok, did a good job cutting and getting us easy dunks, KD and Kyrie stepped it up defensively. TLC needs to start making his shots again. Marks need to start signing some guys to 10 day contracts
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#246 » by GTR11 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:17 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

There's more on YouTube somewhere, lost it. Not much data but its clear as day, with KD we different beast out there. If Ky and Harden can do some work on d as well than there are no teams that can match our firepower.

Return to Brooklyn Nets