Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Re: GT: Nets(11-8) @ ATL Hawks(9-8) 1/27/21 7:30 PM 

Post#301 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:37 am

DarkXaero wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Imagine LeBron, AD and Damian Lillard on the same team getting out called and free throwed by some young ass lower tier 9 seed? Couldn't be my league.

Funny you should mention Dame, I think that LAL will cobble together a trade for him this offseason.
Lakers have absolutely nothing to make a trade for a decent player, let alone a superstar player like Dame.

I agree that their spare parts and future picks are not worth Lillard. But seriously, we are the last fanbase who should object to a contender acquiring a 3rd superstar. We live in a glass house.

Schroeder will get an extension next month, and it will be tradeable salary by the time the offseason rolls around. Combine that money with Kuzma, 3 1sts and 4 swaps, and you have a deal that a cap-strapped, old and lottery-bound Blazers team will have to consider.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,823

Post#302 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:39 am

DarkXaero wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Lakers have absolutely nothing to make a trade for a decent player, let alone a superstar player like Dame.

Schroeder, Kuzma and THT is definitely on the block. Add those 3 guys up and you can bring back an upgrade at approx 20m salary.

LeBron has been around long enough to know their current team can't deal with the Nets once Nets reach their final form, so make no mistake there's definitely things going on in the background.
Schroeder is an expiring contract, he has to be re-signed first. Kuzma and THT aren't even good :lol:

Their picks collection is depleted, and they have no genuine trade worthy assets. It ain't happening.

Yes they don't have enough to bring back someone like Beal to form their own big 3 but you'd be lying if you said they weren't trying. That isn't Lebrons style

If they sit still then that bodes well for the Nets title chances
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#303 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:48 am

Gotta figure out hopefully by February end to limit these guys minutes
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,496

Post#304 » by HardenGoat » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:51 am

Hawks are a much better team this year. Pulled off the win despite unfavorable ref calls that had me disrupting the kids homework. I can see things settling in but we need another center that can protect the rim and paint.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#305 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:17 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:Funny you should mention Dame, I think that LAL will cobble together a trade for him this offseason.
Lakers have absolutely nothing to make a trade for a decent player, let alone a superstar player like Dame.

I agree that their spare parts and future picks are not worth Lillard. But seriously, we are the last fanbase who should object to a contender acquiring a 3rd superstar. We live in a glass house.

Schroeder will get an extension next month, and it will be tradeable salary by the time the offseason rolls around. Combine that money with Kuzma, 3 1sts and 4 swaps, and you have a deal that a cap-strapped, old and lottery-bound Blazers team will have to consider.

The Lakers all ready traded their 1sts and swaps for Davis.

They literally have nothing left to trade.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 658

Post#306 » by NetsJets » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:33 am

I like seeing Harden play aggressive and he’s still facilitating and play making, nice balance. Harris didn’t shoot well but he did other things really well including playing good defense on Trae. Bruce Brown and Green gave us some nice minutes off the bench both guys hit timely shots and played good defense and was just savvy out there. KD and Kyrie were their usual great selves nothing much to say there. Good win and some payback for the last game. Btw Trae is annoying with his flopping and flailing around for calls. Reddish and Hunter are really good, in another year this team will be competing for a top 4 seed.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,823

Post#307 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:41 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Lakers have absolutely nothing to make a trade for a decent player, let alone a superstar player like Dame.

The Lakers all ready traded their 1sts and swaps for Davis.

They literally have nothing left to trade.

Lakers actually only gave up 3 1sts in the AD trade plus 2 swaps. 1 of those picks have already conveyed (being our favourite opponent Deandre hunter that they turned into Jackson Hayes)

So really they only are missing 2 picks albeit with the swap years the remaining picks won't be great.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,767

Post#308 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:49 am

The Big Three's numbers are jaw dropping. We need to take a step back and appreciate the high level of play we have been blessed to watch.

This will be the first time in the history of our franchise that we will have three players selected to the All Star Game.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,466

Post#309 » by Stone » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:09 pm

We will take the win but we expended a lot of time and energy to get it. It seems like we still need another piece or two to get us to that Showtime Lakers type dominance. The hawks are a decent middle of the road team who almost beat us on a the second night of a back to back. Really curious to see how we do the next two games.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Nondescript
Pro Prospect
And1: 175

Post#310 » by Nondescript » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:10 pm

I just watched this on League Pass. Watching basketball without any breaks in play is great.

Overall solid game. I liked the defensive/rebounding effort here but clearly fatigue started to hurt down the line. This team needs a bench. I know the FO is waiting to go bargain shopping but riding Harden/Kyrie/Durant (who were incredible once again!) like this isn't a long term solution.

Speaking of the bench TLC was absolute trash. Green was great and I got some issues with Perry and Brown but TLC is like a damn ghost most of the time. He had two good plays but opposing teams will just leave him unguarded because he has got no idea what to do with a good look. Id rather have MrDollarBills in.

PS: Did those damn refs go to the Donaghy school or something? I feel like with down the middle officiating this game would have ended with a decisive Nets win in regulation.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#311 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:20 pm

therealbig3 wrote:BTW, Durant was his typical self, really slow start but then turned it around in a big way. Harden was a monster.

But can we appreciate what Kyrie brought to the table? An extremely efficient 26/7/4, and I thought he was perfect in his role...big shots down the stretch of the game at crucial times when we really needed a bucket, and he picked his spots perfectly.

He's not getting my Knight vote (that goes to the top role player for me), but he should get some love. He's been fantastic since coming back, legit a top 10-15 player.

Yeah, I know its a bigger adjustment to Harden, but Kyrie has really embraced his role off-ball for the majority of the game. He isnt playing hero-ball "when its his turn" is making the pass for an open dunk/layup when its there, and really only took good shots with the occasional heat check.

He has hit a TON of clutch shots for us. I always feel like those first 1-2 buckets of overtime are huge. he has done that 3 times in a row now (despite the CLE loss) and hit some shots to stop the bleeding. His D isnt great, but its solid and he is making a ton of hustle plays....

He also seems to have that Jeremy Lin thing where when its a close late game he is always good for at least 1 steal or block that swings momentum.

This was probably the best balance of the big 3 this year.... not the best night for each of them, but best balance. we get this balance when all 3 are clicking and 160 points isnt out of reach
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#312 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:28 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:Nash had shown he is willing to make drastic lineup changes based off performance. So I can't see TLC in the rotation next game

Teams can't defend the Nets conventionally so you're be seeing gimmick defense's all season long. It'll be zones or what Atlanta did today in just not guarding TLC at all

TLC can't make teams pay for doing that. He's not a good playmaker and his shot is inconsistent. If they played Shamet like that it would be shooting practice for him

Yeah, go with the hot hand. right now its not TLC. throw shamet or TJ in there
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#313 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:29 pm

Pablo Escobar wrote:If things don't change for you guys. KD will get injured again due to the heavy minutes.

nope.

bye.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#314 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:32 pm

OneZilion wrote:I didnt lime lot things:

1. TLC was awful...
2. Almost no bench
3. Again lack of effort on defence again
4. Too many stupid fouls on Youns
5. Irving when gets ball see just a basket...
6. Too much Harden tonight... he was very good but KD should get more ball...
7. Joe Harris was off tonight...

So anyway we got a win that shows how this team is great if wins in mostly bad games

Is this trolling or real? i honestly cant tell.

1) he is a role guy, he wont be consistent
2) Green and Brown both gave us outstanding minutes
3) Atlanta has some great offense, we held young to awful shooting, got stops late when it mattered. better then last time
4) Thats on the refs outside of a couple by perry/tlc
5) He had 7 assists, setup several dunks, and took less shots then harden or KD
6) Harden is the reason we won the game. Give KD the ball more? Harden had 15 assists and KD led us in shot attempts
7) Everyone has an off night
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#315 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:45 pm

My thoughts on the game...

1) Jeff Green turned back the clock with those dunks. i knew he could still get up but dAAAAmn. just a great fit here. hit a big 3
2) The big 3 found their balance. Harden was ultra agressive with the bench unit but still dished out 15 assists. we need that
3) KD sleep walks to 30 point games. im think to myself in the third "KD is off tonight" and then they show a graphic where he has 25 points on 9/18 shooting. like it was an "ok" night for him and he shot 50% and 43% from three
4) Kyrie continues to get CLUTCH BUCKETS. Harden some big ones also. its great to have 3 elite clutch scorers who dont tense up at all because they know they can score at will.
5) Bruce brown played big inside. pick and roll buckets at the hoop, misxing it up inside
6) Reggie perry should only show up to games in street clotches. someone take his uniform.
7) TLC was off but he is a role guy, i expect that. run shamet out for the next week or so

Only thing i really didnt like was that nash continued to make some elementary mistakes that could have cost us the game. Like im not gonna get on a coach for rotations or things like that because you can never please anyone... but he isnt learning from simple mistakes.

In cleveland 1st OT we were up by 3 with less then 24 seconds left. he didnt foul and he didnt send in bruce brown/a defensive lineup to defend the last possesion.

last night we were up by 3 with 34 seconds left. stopped clock. he didnt sub in brown or a defensive lineup. we ended up winning because they didnt hit a 3 to tie and extend the game, but thats just an awful move.

he has no issue running out the big three for the last possesson offensively each quarter, but refuses to give us the best chance at the end of the game.

Second thing with Nash was that he does not fight for his players. our guys again getting jobbed on calls, atlanta getting riddiculous calls and nash is there with his mouth zipped shut. Kyrie had to step up and be coach and get the Tech to send the message. I get nash is a manager of egos not a coach, but he can still do some very basic coaching

I will give him credit for starting to switch the 1-5 pick and roll in the second half. that made a big difference.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#316 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:58 pm

On those Nash points ^^^^ Prok, I agree, and I hope he continues to learn. Hopefully we see the adjustments as the season goes on. Remember in an interview he gave early on that he has a hard time watching film as a coach. So hopefully he grows into the role with the right staff all around him.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#317 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:59 pm

Those Jeff Green dunks were filthy though! This is where I wish we still had Spencer playing this year. I bet him and Green would've made an awesome tandem off the bench... with either Kyrie or Harden running alongside them.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#318 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:00 pm

Nash has never been one to express frustration loudly to officials...

Hope he does do that.

Also, caught that the bench on the sidelines were cheering and getting loud. Love that energy... need that team mentality and spirit throughout
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

GT: Nets(11-8) @ ATL Hawks(9-8) 1/27/21 7:30 PM 

Post#319 » by Paradise » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:09 pm

LOL “Can the Nets count on Kyrie?”

He’s literally been busting his ass on insane efficiency and NOBODY has brought it up.

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,767

Post#320 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:40 pm

Nondescript wrote:Speaking of the bench TLC was absolute trash. Green was great and I got some issues with Perry and Brown but TLC is like a damn ghost most of the time. He had two good plays but opposing teams will just leave him unguarded because he has got no idea what to do with a good look. Id rather have MrDollarBills in.

:lol: I haven't played basketball in nearly two decades, believe me TLC is doing just enough.

In all seriousness though, while i like the guy, he is more of a 3rd string stop gap than a reliable rotation player. We need three things to bolster the bench:

1) Center that can rebound and defend

2) A defensive wing

3)A reliable shooter.

if we can land a player that can be 2 and 3 combined, even better.

But this right now is unsustainable. Nash is going to run the Big 3 into the ground and the sad part is he has no choice because outside of Green and Brown, our bench is not NBA quality.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to Brooklyn Nets