GT: Clippers vs Nets - Tuesday, 02/02/21 | 7:30pm EST | TNT

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: GT: Clippers vs Nets - Tuesday, 02/02/21 | 7:30pm EST | TNT 

Post#441 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 3, 2021 4:13 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Durant had 5 TOs and was a -8 on the floor tonight. You would think that he had an awful game based on those two factors alone right?

This mother **** er put up 28pts and 9 rebs on 11-13 FG 5-5FT.

This was a bad game for him. Let that sink in.

We clean up the areas that we need to on this roster and Scary Hours will be 24-7

I've said it before but KD has the quietest numbers I've ever noticed for a star player. I always think he has fewer points than he actually has. It's so weird...I can't put my finger on why his numbers always tend to be higher than how they "feel".

I agree 100%.

Me: man KD needs to get going, slow night for him

Graphic: Durant 34 points 11/14 FG

Me: ???
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#442 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 3, 2021 4:17 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
At least Nash is realizing his mistakes and improving. I'll give him that.

I'm willing to be patient. I think the effort level from the personnel has to improve and the roster make up needs more balance before I start blaming Nash for everything that goes wrong. Durant made multiple bone headed plays in this game, whose fault is that???

In his short time as coach under unprecedented circumstances, he's already proven that he's not inflexible by switching up lineups and making adjustments. There's no way to gain experience other than by actually coaching in real games.

I think people have been way too harsh with him. Yeah, he's a hall of fame point guard, but he's still a rookie head coach.

Fans are fickle... but when fans 100% agree on the move before the outcome, then its not being a rookie coach. none of us here is rookie coaches, but we can point out glaring obvious things. he has made some mistakes that you just cant make whether you are an nba coach are a janitor
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#443 » by Keith Van Horn » Wed Feb 3, 2021 4:26 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:I did miss some chunks of the game but I only remember seeing Shamet make 1 glaring error...maybe 2. I don't expect players to be perfect, so if a bench player has a turnover or two in 15 minutes of play, I won't hold it against them unless it was really inexcusable.

TLC had the jester award on lock for a while, but he's dislodged his head out of his ass enough to no longer be an automatic lock for it every game lol.
Shamet had a brutal stretch in 4th quarter where he missed shots, had bad turnovers, and gave up an and1 on defense, which led to a short lived Clippers 5 pt lead.

I have no faith in Shamet.

We honestly need:

1) Legit NBA level back up or starting center that can rebound and block/alter shots. I'm sorry, unless Norvel Pelle proves me wrong, we are lacking there.

2) Legit NBA level wing defender strong enough to defend 3 + 4. I like Shump, he's a great guy but I am not convinced that he is the answer for a team with championship level aspirations.

3) I think we need one more shooter off of the bench. I don't trust Shamet or TLC.

I'm still going to hold out for hope for Shamet. Unfortunately, while Dinwiddie is out, he's gotta be thrown into some of these games.

I think our starting lineup needs to be adjusted still, and I think we need that backup bigman who can help DJ and split minutes with him.

I'd like to see starting: Irving, Harden, Brown, Durant, Jordan
Bench: (one of the big 3 on the floor at all times) + Harris, Shumpert, Shamet, TLC, Green in the rotation
Biggest needs: Dinwiddie (can you please come back ASAP??) and 1 or 2 defenders. Maybe Shump is one of these guys... or maybe we need to trade for a PJ Tucker or someone like that. We can also hold out for the buyout market still. I'm just getting more impatient now lol.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#444 » by Keith Van Horn » Wed Feb 3, 2021 4:37 pm

Paradise wrote:LMAO this dude is a straight loser. He’s literally the insecure fat kid who can’t make friends and resorts to social media to be his outlet.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I had to block that guy on twitter. His "hot takes" are so out there. He flip flops all the time. I know ESPN had gotten awful over the years, but HOW is he employed by them still? Why isn't he on with Cowherd or Bayless, who always has these weird, erratic takes on things.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#445 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 3, 2021 4:38 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Great game. The score makes it look a little closer than it was. KD hit the dagger to put us up 10 with 2 minutes left. For some reason teams are just automatic in the clutch against us. Never seen anything like it.

The defense was up and down in the 1st half but the team was pretty locked in for the 2nd. Clippers hit a lot of tough shots. A few plays where they had to make a ton of passes to get a good look.

Our offense is just ridiculous. I don't even know what to say any more.

Un-official stats:

Nets opponents at the buzzer to end a quarter/half/game/OT: 110.0% on 800 TS%

Nets opponents triple covered with a hand in their face under 2 minutes in a 1 possesion game: 500.3% on 1250 TS%

Nets FT position under 2 minutes: -412%
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#446 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 3, 2021 4:41 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I don't think its an exaggeration to say Kyrie has been our best player this season.

Obviously Harden and KD are better players, but hes is our most reliable and consistent offensive threat in the 4th Q when it matters.

Hes our leader on the floor.

Yea, maybe it doesnt finish that way but so far this season he is our undisputed MVP. Beyond the numbers, he has hit all the big shots and made some late clutch defensive plays. even in loses, he hit shots to send it to OT, keep it close, or SHOULD have won us the game. He also decimated the jazz with no KD/Harden in a blowout
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#447 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 3, 2021 4:43 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:
Paradise wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Oh really? Was it explained why? Just want to bring him in slowly getting training first?

It seemed like an acquisition that was brought in to meet an urgent need.

He’s being overly cautious for no reason. He wants him to practice when he knows we have no practice days.

Makes no sense.

It's like that old Down South tale, where the farmer won't patch his roof leak because it's pouring, but he won't do it in sunshine either, because, "his cabin never leaks a drop on the days it doesn't rain". When Nash has bigmen, he doesn't use them enough. When he is short on bigs, he won't use the ones we get because he must figure we're already small, we might as well lean into it! :lol:

The trick worked today, and I'm glad we beat another tough opponent. Pelle is no saviour, but he can soak up bench minutes without cratering a lead. We'll have to wait a bit longer to patch this leak.

We need to play big. going small helps, but we also did most of our damage with DJ on the floor. He dominated zubac and their other bigs. he needs to play 20-25 mpg. or we need a big 25-30 mpg. it maximizes harden.

Floor spacing is important, but you also need to space the floor near the rim. you could double on the perimeter eaiser if there is no fear of someone rolling to the basket for a lob
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#448 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 3, 2021 4:44 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Batum should've been a net... everything we needed in our roster then n still now

Crazy that we just kept the MLE rather than use it on him.

Calma calma.

One, he was an unrestricted free agent, we weren't the only ones with dibs on him. Two, if we had used the MLE, we would have hard capped ourselves. We would have had to get below $138mil by draft day, which means bye bye Joe Harris. Three, no one expected him to bounce back like this after 3 years of injuries and looking terrible, not even the Clippers. Four, we had zero roster flexibility when he at looking for a new team.

In an alternate world, yes I'd love to add him. But the way things unfolded, we would have had to choose him over Jeff Green, and I'd rather have uncle Jeffy.

Would also mean no harden i believe if we were hard capped
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#449 » by Keith Van Horn » Wed Feb 3, 2021 5:04 pm

I think there's a special cadence developing to how this team plays on the offensive end.

Harden can lull you to sleep with his deliberate playstyle, but then he can still take a 3 from anywhere, or ISO and drive to the rim.

Then Kyrie takes it up to 100 when he gets the ball in his hands, and you have to have quick feet to stay in front of him.

And then expect anything when KD gets the ball in his hands. He looks like he's back to his old self. He also plays very well off ball and his drive and dunk move is very scary.

What a nightmare to defend.

now.... let's just see if we can improve OUR defense from here on out. Very interested to see what Shumpert and Pelle can bring to the table... or even if they're going to get any sort of impactful minutes each night.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#450 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 3, 2021 5:06 pm

GTR11 wrote:sorry to poo poo but I didn't like this win. It wasn't showing me anything that tells me we can go at it with 6's.

They big and they play from inside out. We need help with big boy. We have issues.

I mean, we DOMINATED philly with 0 of our big 3 playing. we just beat a team much better then philly who is a worse matchup for us then philly.

Teams are not going to beat us with bigs dominating. just ask the Nuggets (jokic), Jazz (gobert), magic (vucevic) or even embiid himself.

The sixers are a joke fraud team. the only reason they are in first is because the east has been so wonky this year.... COVID cancelling games or keeping stars out for boston/miami. Nets had Kyrie out, Durant out on COVID, Harden just arrived. With their record, philly should be like a 3 seed right now, not a 1. it wont be long before we are 1.

Teams that hurt us have quick guards and ball handlers who can shoot the 3 and play pick and roll. thats the opposite of philly. im more worried about toronto then philly.

We philly dominate the glass? prbably
will embiid get 30-35? probably

but it will be in a losing effort.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#451 » by Paradise » Wed Feb 3, 2021 5:09 pm

“It’s a Knicks town! Nobody watches duh Nets! Nobody wants to see harden ugly ball! It won’t work!”

In their eight games on YES, the Nets are leading the Knicks by an average of 10 percent. The numbers factor in MSG Network and its spillover channel MSG Plus.

The Nets, since Harden’s first game, are averaging 122,000 viewers per game to the Knicks’ 111,000 viewers, based on Nielsen ratings, according to sources.

The Nets announced Tuesday their viewership is up 67 percent on YES since the Harden trade.

In addition, the Knicks’ average viewership has dropped 13 percent since Harden’s arrival.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#452 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 3, 2021 5:11 pm

8David24 wrote:I’m amazed at how well Irving plays, although I still don’t like him taking so many shots per game, more than Durant.

What dont you like about irving taking so many shots?

is irving hitting too many shots for you?
is irving finishing at too elite of a level for you?
is irving hitting too many clutch shots for you.

Please refrain from telling us that a guy posting 50/40/90 is "taking too many shots"

Also, durant actually is taking more shots, he is just having a higher percentage of his FG attempts go unrecorded as he gets fouled more. Durant has a higher usage then Kyrie (31% to 29%)

In either event KD is getting 20 shots on 31% usage. thats more then any season with the warriors and more then his career average and close to his career high of 20.3.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#453 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 3, 2021 5:13 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:
Paradise wrote:He’s being overly cautious for no reason. He wants him to practice when he knows we have no practice days.

Makes no sense.

It's like that old Down South tale, where the farmer won't patch his roof leak because it's pouring, but he won't do it in sunshine either, because, "his cabin never leaks a drop on the days it doesn't rain". When Nash has bigmen, he doesn't use them enough. When he is short on bigs, he won't use the ones we get because he must figure we're already small, we might as well lean into it! :lol:

The trick worked today, and I'm glad we beat another tough opponent. Pelle is no saviour, but he can soak up bench minutes without cratering a lead. We'll have to wait a bit longer to patch this leak.

You guys want Pelle out there without a good practice session for him to know where he needs to be on switches and rotations?

I feel like it doesn't matter what Nash does from here on out, yall just have it out for him.

I've been pretty consistent saying i wont criticize nash for his rotations, every fan of every team thinks their coaches rotations is bad.

i will criticize situational lineups... like playng harris over brown up 4 with 32 seconds to go with a stopped clock and the clippers having the ball. or non-player specific like "going small too much" or "overplayign stars"
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#454 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 3, 2021 5:16 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
You guys want Pelle out there without a good practice session for him to know where he needs to be on switches and rotations?

I feel like it doesn't matter what Nash does from here on out, yall just have it out for him.

He’s being asked to do little things. Yes. It’s not rocket science. If it was Drummond, he’d be playing yesterday. Same role. Same thing. This isn’t adding in another James Harden. We don’t run anything complicated for him to come in and need to “learn” anything beyond the simple tendencies of the roster and I think anyone can figure that out.

Again, 10 spot minutes in a half or quarter isn’t hurting anyone. Coming in to rebound, boxing out, rotate in the paint against bigs and shot block attempts in the paint? That all needs practice?

I heard the same thing about Kenny’s mistakes. Guess where it got him?

Pelle has 24 games of NBA experience and he still might be working himself into game shape after not playing for so long. He's not Drummond.

I mean whenever Pelle is ready he is ready. tons of factors

that said, im VERY skeptical if nash will play him. as is, jordans role is being largely diminished to give green/smallball 32 minutes

D'antoni shipped capella off to play PJ tucker at center. its a philisophical thing with nash/d'antoni
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#455 » by Paradise » Wed Feb 3, 2021 5:26 pm

You know what guys? Kyrie last night was so good and efficient. It reminds me of a guy who used to BALL OUT.

You guys remember when Kendrick Perkins was in his prime? What a baller.

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#456 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Feb 3, 2021 5:32 pm

Still think some of you guys are going in on Nash way too hard. The bottom line is, he's a rookie head coach, 23 games into his career, there is going to be a most obvious learning curve. He hasn't been great, maybe not even good, but he hasn't been bad either. Yes he's had some disastrous moments, but hopefully he learns from them. This team has too much talent to not contend and win a lot of games, Nash is here as more of ego management then anything else. Let's cut him some slack, probably for the entire first year, playoffs and all. He doesn't even have the personnel to implement a lot of what are the obvious needs and adjustments.

There is issue with his timeouts, substitutions and lack of preparation for pressure situations, but one would hope those improve with time.

Let's wait til June to bury him, shall we?
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#457 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 3, 2021 6:12 pm

Prokorov wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Durant had 5 TOs and was a -8 on the floor tonight. You would think that he had an awful game based on those two factors alone right?

This mother **** er put up 28pts and 9 rebs on 11-13 FG 5-5FT.

This was a bad game for him. Let that sink in.

We clean up the areas that we need to on this roster and Scary Hours will be 24-7

I've said it before but KD has the quietest numbers I've ever noticed for a star player. I always think he has fewer points than he actually has. It's so weird...I can't put my finger on why his numbers always tend to be higher than how they "feel".

I agree 100%.

His bad nights would be a career night for 99% of the league.

Gotta appreciate what we are watching, we have never seen this level of greatness in a Nets uniform.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#458 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 3, 2021 6:14 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:I've said it before but KD has the quietest numbers I've ever noticed for a star player. I always think he has fewer points than he actually has. It's so weird...I can't put my finger on why his numbers always tend to be higher than how they "feel".

I agree 100%.

His bad nights would be a career night for 99% of the league.

Gotta appreciate what we are watching, we have never seen this level of greatness in a Nets uniform.

You could argue the 3 greatest nets of their NBA exsistance are all on the team right now
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#459 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 3, 2021 6:14 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:Still think some of you guys are going in on Nash way too hard. The bottom line is, he's a rookie head coach, 23 games into his career, there is going to be a most obvious learning curve. He hasn't been great, maybe not even good, but he hasn't been bad either. Yes he's had some disastrous moments, but hopefully he learns from them. This team has too much talent to not contend and win a lot of games, Nash is here as more of ego management then anything else. Let's cut him some slack, probably for the entire first year, playoffs and all. He doesn't even have the personnel to implement a lot of what are the obvious needs and adjustments.

There is issue with his timeouts, substitutions and lack of preparation for pressure situations, but one would hope those improve with time.

Let's wait til June to bury him, shall we?

We are sitting firmly at #2 in the East. We haven't been this good in almost 20 years lol
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#460 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 3, 2021 6:16 pm

Paradise wrote:You know what guys? Kyrie last night was so good and efficient. It reminds me of a guy who used to BALL OUT.

You guys remember when Kendrick Perkins was in his prime? What a baller.

my grandma' shtty boost mobile flip phone has better resolution then that clip.

video quality is almost as bad as perkins bum ass game

Return to Brooklyn Nets