GT: Nets @ Sixers - Saturday, 02/06/21 | 8:00pm EST | YES

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Re: GT: Nets @ Sixers - Saturday, 02/06/21 | 8:00pm EST | YES 

Post#141 » by GYK » Sun Feb 7, 2021 10:06 am

Prokorov wrote:
GYK wrote:Great lost. Sucks to lose but the drop coverage was excellent with DJ and even Pelle for some stretches. Some switches still cost us and we have to clear up who and what situations are for switching. But rim points were harder today on a paint heavy team. The principles do change if we have two centers and I love it.
Last thing is stop going over every screen. Going under is still a major option and should be standard. How many off the dribble shooters do we have to fear in this league and even then if that’s the shot they gonna beat us with so be it. Over with drop allows a free lane and the big to take on both the roll man and drive. It’s too much of reaction causing move. But still better than the alternative by 1000%. Still under the screen for the non Currys and Dames.

ive been screaming this since day 1. its awful

It’s such an overreaction defensive scheme in an NBA that supposed to be analytically driven. I get situationally but the one thing no body tells you about the the most efficient shot in basketball, the 3? It goes in the basket far less than other shots. Especially off the dribble, which it would be in this context(like don’t jump under the screen and the opponent is steady but go once/if they moving). No one is using analytics for their defense. We especially should since we can actually win a jump shot duel while being more efficient from all three levels, including the mid range. Let them take that shot and over time we will make more on higher efficiency because we are better at it.
MDA(an brilliant offensive mind) is so shell shocked from the Dubs. What he never took into account is the Dubs relied on paint protection as well. Some good perimeter defenders in Iggy/Klay/Shaun/Dray but they never shut people down. People had monster games against them. But they won focusing on the paint knowing teams were going to try to keep up with their shooting, something they were inherently better at.
We too need to focus on the paint. Let it go that somebody is gonna drop 40 in lost because we keep their team to only 20-30 efficient/foul drawing paint points. We’re the superior offensive power. Focus on taking away the most efficient and easiest shots and watch no one be able to keep up, instead of actually trying to shut down perimeter players something we don’t have the personnel to do anyways.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#142 » by NetsJets » Sun Feb 7, 2021 4:11 pm

GTR11 wrote:
NetsJets wrote:We were down by 12 late in the 4th and it felt like 30. Why did Nash concede the game so early? Anyway I wasn’t that impressed by Pelle, Shamet is shooting well lately I hope he keeps it up. Besides that there is nothing else to really talk about.

Take a look at the bright side. Them boys who wanted to ship Din out looking silly right now.

Nic can really show us something. If not... We still got cash to spend.

There is not one team that beat us with big three playing.

I'll take my chances and say we will claim EC and be faves vs any team coming out WC. Its still early.

I don’t think we come out of the East this year. But we need to resign Dinwiddie having him run the second unit is a must. I like Perry better than Pelle although Pelle seems to be the better shot blocker. I hope Nic gets an opportunity to show something. Lol the Cavs beat us but I get your point.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#143 » by therealbig3 » Sun Feb 7, 2021 6:11 pm

I honestly didn’t expect us to win without Kyrie or KD.

Imo, Pelle showed me more in limited minutes than Perry did all year. He actually deterred shots at the rim and was a factor on the glass.

He’s just low IQ and fouls a ton.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,888

Post#144 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Feb 7, 2021 7:45 pm

I'm not even mad about this loss at all.

Without KD and Kyrie we are a bad team. Certainly not good enough to beat the Sixers.

Its way more frustrating when we lose to the Wizards or Cavs twice for no good reason.

Nash has been awful this whole season and seems lost. If we win this season it will be despite him.

Marks is clearly banking on buyout guys. Hes purposely not making serious signings because he wants to save it for the impact guys. Hes willing to sacrifice wins in the meantime.

I don't think its a bad strategy as long as it works.

Despite all that being said, I don't have any worries of us coming out the East. The Bucks/Sixers don't scare me one bit.

KD and Harden are better than any player on either roster. Kyrie is basically on par with Giannis/Embiid in a playoff series.

Once we get buyout guys like Drummond/McGee and others it will be over.

The only question for me is still can we beat the Lakers. And that will depend on Mark's ability to get another Center and Nash's ability to coach.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,888

Post#145 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Feb 7, 2021 7:49 pm

You guys are expecting way too much out of Nic Claxton.

He hasn't played in over a year. Do I really trust him to give us good minutes off the bench?

Not at all. To me he belongs in the G League with Perry.

With that said, I'm willing to give him a chance.

Shamet is becoming a real bright spot. Seems like his shot is coming back which could be huge for us. He can play real minutes in the playoffs if he gets back to normal.
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#146 » by Openheimer » Tue Feb 9, 2021 5:06 pm

I’m still wondering why he didn’t bring in Harden and Harris back in down 12 with 4 minutes left
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#147 » by Prokorov » Tue Feb 9, 2021 8:23 pm

Openheimer wrote:I’m still wondering why he didn’t bring in Harden and Harris back in down 12 with 4 minutes left

only conclusion i can draw is he gave up on the game.

which is a weird decision if you are trying to instill more fight and effort back into your team

Return to Brooklyn Nets