ImageImageImageImageImage

Pacers @ Nets 2/10/2021 - 7:30 PM

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Pacers @ Nets 2/10/2021 - 7:30 PM 

Post#1 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:00 pm

[code][/code]Like the Clippers game, this is must win. and not just must win but must come out playing with urgency. You cant lose a laugher to the worst team in the NBA after 2 losses in a row and get run off the floor and that be ok.

If im Marks, Nash is coaching for his job tonight.

If we cant beat the pacers after last nights travesty then its a lost cause on title aspirations until nash is replaced. We find out tonight if this team is willing to play hard for Nash and we find out tonight if Nash is capable of motivating his team.
Prokorov
RealGM

Re: Pacers @ Nets 2.10.2021 

Post#2 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:02 pm

I want to see a starting lineup of:

Harden | Kyrie | Brown | Vonleh | Pelle

Everyone else needs to earn their minutes on defense with a quick hook the second they dont defend or play 110%
Nets Ownership
Ballboy
And1: 4

Re: Pacers @ Nets 2/10/2021 - 7:30 PM 

Post#3 » by Nets Ownership » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:59 pm

The Pacers have lost 6 in a row. They are just as eager for a win as we are. They will certainly bring a strong effort. Their biggest issue of late has been consistent scoring post-trade and with no Warren/Levert. But those issues should be less of a problem with our inability to defend consistently.

I'm hoping to see an inspired Harden and better shooting from Kyrie.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,466

Post#4 » by Stone » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:02 pm

I have to agree. Nash should have pulled our guys last night after the 13-3 start. It like there is no consequence for lack of effort, or poor decisions.

Now Shump is out for a few weeks with a hamstring injury.

If we lose tonight nothing is off the table as far as the staff is concerned. I never liked the incestuous Suns affiliations to begin with, its almost like you had to be a buddy of Marks to get a position with us.

At this point I would gladly give a broom and the Keys to Mark Jackson.......Yes I just said that
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#5 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:08 pm

Stone wrote:I have to agree. Nash should have pulled our guys last night after the 13-3 start. It like there is no consequence for lack of effort, or poor decisions.

If we lose tonight nothing is off the table as far as the staff is concerned. I never liked the incestuous Suns affiliations to begin with, its almost like you had to be a buddy of Marks to get a position with us.

At this point I would gladly give a broom and the Keys to Mark Jackson.......Yes I just said that

You can be a heavy offense/smallball/SSOL/whatever team at the core without completely ignoring everything else. You can be a star/player friendly coach, and still make adjustments.

But none of that is happening.

Why are these guys gonna bust their hump for Nash while he lays in a coma on the sideline as some puppet stage hand?

The big 3 already know, and in a small sample proven, they can beat anyone. Nash needs to motivate them to give more then 1% effort on D vs awful teams. make adustments. or maybe, just maybe, play a weak offensive lineup to get some stops even if its just to disrupt flow.

Like if nash went:

Chiozza | Brown | TLC| Green | Pelle for 4 minutes and they are outscored 5-1 they still would have grinded the pace to a halt, made the pistons have to work, disrupted their flow, and maybe one of them is playing so well you keep them on the floor when you bring Kyrie/Harden/Harris back in.

Confidence is a dangerous thing to give an NBA offense. you need to cast doubt in there once in a while, even if it doesnt benefit you great on the scoreboard right away
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#6 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:40 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Stone wrote:I have to agree. Nash should have pulled our guys last night after the 13-3 start. It like there is no consequence for lack of effort, or poor decisions.

You can be a heavy offense/smallball/SSOL/whatever team at the core without completely ignoring everything else. You can be a star/player friendly coach, and still make adjustments.

Why are these guys gonna bust their hump for Nash while he lays in a coma on the sideline as some puppet stage hand?

The big 3 already know, and in a small sample proven, they can beat anyone. Nash needs to motivate them to give more then 1% effort on D vs awful teams. make adustments. or maybe, just maybe, play a weak offensive lineup to get some stops even if its just to disrupt flow.

Like if nash went:

Chiozza | Brown | TLC| Green | Pelle for 4 minutes and they are outscored 5-1 they still would have grinded the pace to a halt, made the pistons have to work, disrupted their flow, and maybe one of them is playing so well you keep them on the floor when you bring Kyrie/Harden/Harris back in.

Confidence is a dangerous thing to give an NBA offense. you need to cast doubt in there once in a while, even if it doesnt benefit you great on the scoreboard right away

If 3 super star guys who make 40 million dollars a year on average between them need Steve Nash to motivate them to win games, we have a larger problem on our hands than just the coaching.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#7 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:40 pm

Nets Ownership wrote:The Pacers have lost 6 in a row. They are just as eager for a win as we are. They will certainly bring a strong effort. Their biggest issue of late has been consistent scoring post-trade and with no Warren/Levert. But those issues should be less of a problem with our inability to defend consistently.

I'm hoping to see an inspired Harden and better shooting from Kyrie.

I expect a blowout loss. This Nets team is lost right now.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Stone
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by Stone » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:46 pm

Prokorov wrote:

Like if nash went:

There is no doubt that our lack of effort on defense is translating into easy buckets for our opponents. Which in turn is making easier on our opponents to expand more effort on defense against us. It is truly puzzling that a person with Nash's NBA experience is not making these basic adjustments.

I did not like what he said in the post game interview about our guys not putting in resistance until we were down twenty. We were down 20 because he did make any adjustments.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#9 » by therealbig3 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:49 pm

Pacers are a better team than we are imo. I’m expecting a loss.
dcstanley
Sixth Man
And1: 1,288

Post#10 » by dcstanley » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:43 pm

therealbig3 wrote:Pacers are a better team than we are imo. I’m expecting a loss.

This Nets team has shown to be pretty capable of beating good teams though.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#11 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:51 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Like if nash went:

If 3 super star guys who make 40 million dollars a year on average between them need Steve Nash to motivate them to win games, we have a larger problem on our hands than just the coaching.

its not just the stars. its all 17 guys. when the team quits on you or wont play hard for you then you are a big part of the problem.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#12 » by ducler » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:16 pm

Read on Twitter
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#13 » by Paradise » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:12 pm

dcstanley wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:Pacers are a better team than we are imo. I’m expecting a loss.

This Nets team has shown to be pretty capable of beating good teams though.

Pacers have been in New York since Sunday. We’re likely going to look lifeless by halftime.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#14 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:18 pm

KD is out till at least Friday, correct?
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#15 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:25 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:KD is out till at least Friday, correct?

He will play next on saturday. so yes.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#16 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:41 pm

I just don’t see them losing this one, so tempted to throw them in a same game parlay. I’m such an idiot. :lol:
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Stone
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by Stone » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:46 pm

KD says R-E-L-A-X

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#18 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:58 pm

Stone wrote:KD says R-E-L-A-X

I'll relax when he is back in the lineup
Stone
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by Stone » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:10 am

Prokorov wrote:
Stone wrote:KD says R-E-L-A-X

I'll relax when he is back in the lineup

Ha ha.....me to

100% serious I might make that a poster for my future man cave

Also it looks like Nash is not changing the starting lineup........ :nonono:
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#20 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:22 am

David Blatt can attest, no NBA head coaching job is safe. Especially when you fail to motivate and make adjustments in games, and fail to accept accountability afterward.

While I do not agree that tonight's game will be a referendum on Steve Nash, I do think our team's intensity will say a lot about their perception of him.

Also, and curious to see which Brooklyn players want to set the tone of physicality in this game. Which guys lose sleep over giving up 120 points every game? Which guys are bothered to see an opponent's simple action carving us up possession after possession, as we struggle to score on the other end?
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Brooklyn Nets