Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: GT: Nets @ Kings 2/15/21 10:00pm EST 

Post#202 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:35 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
I can't fault Nash for not playing Pelle. He looked really bad man. Who knows what they saw behind the scenes. I'll wager Vonleh will be out the door too.

I like Shump but we need available bodies more than ever with the covid protocols and the need for us to rest the Big 3. I have no idea what Roberson will bring but if he can help defend that's a plus. Remember Brown can't shoot either but his defense and energy gets him burn in Nash's rotation, so I don't think it's a case of him hating defensive guys.

Hell you can make a case that Tyler Johnson's defensive activity is a huge reason as to why he is getting burn now.

looked really bad in what? 17 minutes? he gave us 5 rebounds and 3 blocks in 15 minutes or so vs philly. after that we didnt really see him. maybe he sticks. my point is more that we will never know. most of these guys are bums, but every now and then you get a dinwiddie or a TLC.

Marks and Nash need to get on the same page. we can wait until buyouts but pelle and vonleh arent going to play and shump got hurt and its unlikely roberson sees any real minutes. Either nash needs to play these guys or marks needs to bring in the offensive guys nash will play.

Brown is playing alot now, but that took a while and he still gets buried for long stretches while we bleed points and is never rbought in late in games for final possesions when its a 1 possesion game

man there is a reason why these guys aren't employed. I can't get upset at Nash for not bothering with Pelle or Vonleh.

Also, we're in a different stage of the game now...we really don't have time to find out if Pelle would be the next gem in the rough, we need guys who can play now. Development time is over.

How come you're hung up over Pelle and Vonleh, but trash Claxton and Perry at the very mention of them playing? You literally said Nic Claxton should be bagging groceries :lol:

We've seen claxton and perry. we havent seen pelle much. im sure he is likely trash too

again my point isnt who is good and who is not... my point is that Marks is bringing in guys nash has no intention of playing, which signals a disconnect.

I'm not saying develop the guy, im saying play him more then 15 minutes so we can see if he is worth playing. this is for 9th man split share of backup center minutes. we dont need kareem for that. (not that you implied we did).

There are plenty of guys who had no job who get signed at this point in the year and make an impact.

Return to Brooklyn Nets