ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets @ Clippers - Sunday, 02/21/21 | 8:00pm EST | ESPN & YES

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,578

Re: GT: Nets @ Clippers - Sunday, 02/21/21 | 8:00pm EST | ESPN & YES 

Post#281 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:42 pm

therealbig3 wrote:George is a fake superstar. Plays well in the RS, has an extremely over-inflated sense of how good he actually is, and then chokes in the PS every year. And then it's a bunch of excuses and no accountability afterwards.

I also think he's been riding that rep of being an elite defender for years now and hasn't actually been an elite defender in a long time. He gives up dribble penetration like nobodies' business and gets away with a ton of fouling and reaching because of his rep, but it ends up getting him in foul trouble and dumb situational fouls at the worst times.

For a team with guys with reputations as great defenders, we were getting whatever shots that we wanted against the Clippers.

There really isn't a team in the league looks intimidating.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,569

Post#282 » by HardenGoat » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:51 pm

Watching the last few games (without KD) I see similarities to the 2018 rockets but at another level. Harden running point, substitute Kyrie for CP3, Jordan for Capela/Nene, mix in the shooters, switch defense, and you have Harden gravity for lobs and floaters, Kyrie picking his midrange and scoring plus passing, and open 3 point shots for our shooters. Now we add Durant to that... holy ****!
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#283 » by sashaturiaf » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:26 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:George is a fake superstar. Plays well in the RS, has an extremely over-inflated sense of how good he actually is, and then chokes in the PS every year. And then it's a bunch of excuses and no accountability afterwards.

I also think he's been riding that rep of being an elite defender for years now and hasn't actually been an elite defender in a long time. He gives up dribble penetration like nobodies' business and gets away with a ton of fouling and reaching because of his rep, but it ends up getting him in foul trouble and dumb situational fouls at the worst times.

For a team with guys with reputations as great defenders, we were getting whatever shots that we wanted against the Clippers.

There really isn't a team in the league looks intimidating.

Id argue scary hours looks pretty intimidating
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#284 » by Prokorov » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:15 am

He is a complete fraud.

Stern forced him into a star because the east had no one to challenge lebron. he was never more then an great role players. his stats are empty and come at the expense of the team. reputation defensive calls left and right.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#285 » by GTR11 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:38 am

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:After watching some videos and live games its really hard to stop this offense. I mean stopping Harden from generating offense requires game plan alone, you add the fact we have multiple players who can put it on a floor and create offense too, I have no clue how stop that.
Miami and GSW had their stars, but Bosh and Klay won't scare you as a playmakers. You'd rather force them to be that because they great at everything else. Kyrie even being scorer first guard still has amazing handles that create offense for others. KD is KD, James freaking Harden is everything we wished J.Kidd should be.
I've been watching NBA for almost 30 years now and I haven't seen anything like this team. Three great efficient scorers that can create offense without being liability on D is something unseen of. I truly starting to believe this is dynasty team that needs several role players to make others wish they can have type team they can cheer for. We really in a great place guys. Let's just enjoy this ride.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Plays like this, I mean how you suppose to stop it. This is top D. Than you have Utah with washed up Conley, Bogs, Ingles to check Kyri while Brown, Joe, Jeff etc rolling or spotting up. I just don't know. This is something we haven't seen yet.

Most teams need 2-3 screens to hope to switch their star on a mismatch so that he can "maybe" beat his guy 1 on 1.

all three of our big three can beat any defender in the league 1 on 1. elite defenders. thats the difference. thats impossible to stop.

Agreed, I wouldn't want any part of Kyrie and Harden while KD over there running loose. You add the fact Joe being consistently deadly on offense and you better be ready to put up 130+ a night.
Din sound like he's thinking coming back this year. 10-15 of him instead of Shamet or TJ is an upgrade even though he's coming from tough injury.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#286 » by GTR11 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:19 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:After watching some videos and live games its really hard to stop this offense. I mean stopping Harden from generating offense requires game plan alone, you add the fact we have multiple players who can put it on a floor and create offense too, I have no clue how stop that.
Miami and GSW had their stars, but Bosh and Klay won't scare you as a playmakers. You'd rather force them to be that because they great at everything else. Kyrie even being scorer first guard still has amazing handles that create offense for others. KD is KD, James freaking Harden is everything we wished J.Kidd should be.
I've been watching NBA for almost 30 years now and I haven't seen anything like this team. Three great efficient scorers that can create offense without being liability on D is something unseen of. I truly starting to believe this is dynasty team that needs several role players to make others wish they can have type team they can cheer for. We really in a great place guys. Let's just enjoy this ride.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Plays like this, I mean how you suppose to stop it. This is top D. Than you have Utah with washed up Conley, Bogs, Ingles to check Kyri while Brown, Joe, Jeff etc rolling or spotting up. I just don't know. This is something we haven't seen yet.

Having Brown play the roll man to exploit how excellent he is around the rim is solid coaching. He was eating last night, and will continue to do so.

There's no denying the fact that role players and coaches coming along. Huge props to Kyrie and Harden for being willing playmakers.
Man I'm so exited that Nic is coming up soon.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#287 » by Paradise » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:38 pm

Brown called him a pussy and then, Kyrie tells PG to STFU right after. Dude has zero respect across the league.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#288 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:04 pm

Paradise wrote:

Brown called him a pussy and then, Kyrie tells PG to STFU right after. Dude has zero respect across the league.

:lol: :lol: !!! I didn't catch that at first, you can see he definitely says "you a pussy" :lol: :lol: :lol: Brown is my dude man he doesn't give a damn who it is they can get it. We need a big man on this team with that kind of dog in him, I still don't know why we never gave Kyle O'Quinn a call.

GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#289 » by GYK » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:31 pm

I didn’t like that from Brown.
That was way too much for what happened and he pushed him to begin with. So that’s premeditated. He a role player. Closer to a civilian than a star experience. He see we joke on PG13 and took that to the court. Look at Kyrie and Harden immediately look with the WTF face.
The influence of social media is real.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#290 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:32 pm

GYK wrote:I didn’t like that from Brown.
That was way too much for what happened and he pushed him to begin with. So that’s premeditated. He a role player. Closer to a civilian than a star experience. He see we joke on PG13 and took that to the court. Look at Kyrie and Harden immediately look with the WTF face.

So because Brown is a role player he's supposed to take whatever PG said to him and say "yes sir, sorry for lightly pushing you."? Man hell no :lol: :lol: :lol: :crazy:

I like what Brown did. I hope he does it again if we see them in the finals. Call him a pussy and dare him do to something.

3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#291 » by 3pt_chucker » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:54 pm

Yeah, we need that kinda grit/dog in some of our players.

I'm glad that Brown didn't give af that it was PG. No need to back down.
GYK
General Manager

Post#292 » by GYK » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:10 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

So because Brown is a role player he's supposed to take whatever PG said to him and say "yes sir, sorry for lightly pushing you."? Man hell no :lol: :lol: :lol: :crazy:

I like what Brown did. I hope he does it again if we see them in the finals. Call him a pussy and dare him do to something.

But he literally didn’t say anything. Brown pushed him. He swatted his hand away. Brown immediately called him pu**y. That’s a ridiculous escalation for a nothing play. It’s more about being “allowed” to talk to PG13 like that more than toughness. This was way different than when Westbrook chest bumped him.

I doubt Brown is playing on this team that long tbh. I doubt he has this moment with anyone other than PG13. Dare him to do what? Fight a nobody? Yea that’s not gonna happen. More than likely Morris take on that fight. It was cute Beverly moment but I don’t like Beverly moments.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#293 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:40 am

GYK wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

But he literally didn’t say anything. Brown pushed him. He swatted his hand away. Brown immediately called him pu**y. That’s a ridiculous escalation for a nothing play. It’s more about being “allowed” to talk to PG13 like that more than toughness. This was way different than when Westbrook chest bumped him.

I doubt Brown is playing on this team that long tbh. I doubt he has this moment with anyone other than PG13. Dare him to do what? Fight a nobody? Yea that’s not gonna happen. More than likely Morris take on that fight. It was cute Beverly moment but I don’t like Beverly moments.

What??? Brown being "allowed" to talk to Paul George? What kind of garbage is this??? What makes Paul George so special that he can't get **** talked to? Are you serious???

Oh I just checked your history. You're a Knicks fan.

viewtopic.php?p=72822490#p72822490

Makes total sense. I find it hilarious that you thought that KD and Kyrie was going to the Knicks too :lol:

Get out of here with this trolling bull ****. You told on yourself with this one dude.

GYK
General Manager

Post#294 » by GYK » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:32 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
GYK wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

What??? Brown being "allowed" to talk to Paul George? What kind of garbage is this??? What makes Paul George so special that he can't get **** talked to? Are you serious???

Makes total sense. I find it hilarious that you thought that KD and Kyrie was going to the Knicks too :lol:

Get out of here with this trolling bull ****. You told on yourself with this one dude.

Are we really acting like PG hasn’t been the star whipping boy? Are seriously acting like the other quotes on this incident isn’t more about George not Brown.
I’m not dedicated to any board I’m a Brownsville ni**a Mother Gaston everyday for real. Check my history check my record sh*t check my transcript.
I want any NY team to win I ain’t from Jersey.
I still don’t like fake tough guys when he certainly didn’t poke his chest out to Westbrook. I don’t care if he’s having a good game. He isn’t like that. Lol told on myself.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#295 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:34 am

Paul george is the biggest scumbag in the NBA. he should get that every play from every player
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#296 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:36 am

GYK wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
GYK wrote:But he literally didn’t say anything. Brown pushed him. He swatted his hand away. Brown immediately called him pu**y. That’s a ridiculous escalation for a nothing play. It’s more about being “allowed” to talk to PG13 like that more than toughness. This was way different than when Westbrook chest bumped him.

Are we really acting like PG hasn’t been the star whipping boy? Are seriously acting like the other quotes on this incident isn’t more about George not Brown.
I’m not dedicated to any board I’m a Brownsville ni**a Mother Gaston everyday for real. Check my history check my record sh*t check my transcript.
I still don’t like fake tough guys when he certainly didn’t poke his chest out to Westbrook. I don’t care if he’s having a good game. He isn’t like that. Lol told on myself.

paul george is not a star. he is a fraud. and he is an awful human being. and he is, in fact, a pussy.

go back to the knicks forum with this nonsense
GYK
General Manager

Post#297 » by GYK » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:37 am

Prokorov wrote:
GYK wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

paul george is not a star. he is a fraud. and he is an awful human being. and he is, in fact, a pussy.

go back to the knicks forum with this nonsense

Naw I don’t think I will. This team is in my city in my Borough. I’m old enough to not have been a Nets fan and been enjoying them since they left Jersey. Been going to games since they officially became ours. If you need to jerk off every Nets moment that’s on you. I didn’t like Beverly hard fouls. Don’t like Brown acting out when he’s been a overly smiley happy to be here role player.
PG13 is a fraud pussy awful human..cause some bad playoff games? Yea that’s the sort of non social media influenced thought I expected.
Aren’t you the guy with the terrible trade ideas? Like zero basketball knowledge just a lot of post? Makes this funnier. I’m also enjoying this moment.
GYK
General Manager

Post#298 » by GYK » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:38 am

Prokorov wrote:

Paul george is the biggest scumbag in the NBA. he should get that every play from every player

Yes yes. Very insightful.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#299 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:45 pm

GYK wrote:PG13 is a fraud pussy awful human..cause some bad playoff games?

No, he is an awful human for knocking up several strippers and bribing and blackmailing them to get abortions and then bragging to teammates and other players about how "its the best 50G's i even spent"
GYK
General Manager

Post#300 » by GYK » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:10 pm

Prokorov wrote:
GYK wrote:PG13 is a fraud pussy awful human..cause some bad playoff games?

No, he is an awful human for knocking up several strippers and bribing and blackmailing them to get abortions and then bragging to teammates and other players about how "its the best 50G's i even spent"

How do you know what’s happening in their private lives? I’m also no pro lifer.

Return to Brooklyn Nets