ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Mavs @ The Funhouse - Saturday, 02/27/21 | 8:30pm ET | ABC Primetime

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Re: GT: Mavs @ The Funhouse - Saturday, 02/27/21 | 8:30pm ET | ABC Primetime 

Post#121 » by Sharcm1 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:54 am

The constant switching was a huge factor in this loss. The mavs took advantage of the constant mismatches
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Post#122 » by therealbig3 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:55 am

Born_Ready wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
Born_Ready wrote:
Got to see plenty of Andre here while he was with OKC. He's been bad but his defensive toughness kept him on the floor. That was prior to his injuries. Since his injuries, there was a reason he didn't resign with the Thunder, and was unemployed. They really should have never offered him a 10 day contract but they we're clearly desperate.

With that said, this Brooklyn team cannot be considered a true contender until they trade for the missing centerpiece.

I mean we’re clearly a contender. We’ve beaten almost every good team in the league, mostly without Durant.

Lol I like how we lose one game with a depleted roster and now we’re not a contender.

If you think this team can make a run without a big man in the paint, we must not be watching the same games.

We absolutely can. Because we’ve been killing teams all year without a legit big in the paint, and there isn’t a team out there that can slow us down. Good luck out scoring this team 4/7 times.

I mean, it’s not a foregone conclusion that we win it all, and if we lose, yeah it’s going to be because we got dominated in the paint, but it’s going to have to be a combination of that AND successfully slowing down our offense to some degree. Because our offense with all 3 of the big 3 or even just 2 of the big 3 hasn’t been successfully slowed down yet.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#123 » by Paradise » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:57 am

Damn Harden was mad. I didn’t see him kick the chair and yell at the staff.

Oh lord.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,463

Post#124 » by Stone » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:57 am

We just could not getter offense going tonight, we took to look to set up our shots. The turn overs killed us.

We have to except our opponents to bring there all against us. This was actually a winnable game, had we scored our average 122 it would have been a win.

Give the Mavericks Credit, great ball movement, they took care of the ball and limited their turn overs. And hit their shots. Played good defense.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#125 » by Openheimer » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:59 am

Need to get some size up front pronto. Also playing that small ball and constant switching on a 7’3 cristoph is not smart. A guy with his skill set will just feast on that.

Lastly, how does a trash scrub like TLC get so many minutes?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,544

Post#126 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:01 am

therealbig3 wrote:People are seriously blaming Nash?

Seriously, at this point, you guys simply don’t know what you’re talking about.

We’ve been on an 8 game winning streak without Durant, beating every single strong opponent we’ve faced, and now we’re finally losing while being depleted and outgunned by the opposing team, and you’re going to knee jerk pile on Nash?

You guys have zero credibility at this point, because you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about or what you’re looking at. Or you’re blind homers that think the players can do no wrong. Either way, stop commenting about basketball if that’s the lazy analysis you’re going to constantly go with.

Agreed. We literally had Cheese out there as our 2nd unit playmaker. Anyone who made a remark about "rotations" tonight should be ashamed.

This isn't an issue about "rotations". this team is built around three guys. 2 of them were out tonight. Expect a loss every time that happens.

If you want to be upset about something, be upset about the lack of availability from the 2/3rds of our salary cap.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#127 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:04 am

Paradise wrote:Damn Harden was mad. I didn’t see him kick the chair and yell at the staff.

Oh lord.

He should be mad. Why was Kyrie not playing tonight? It is clear as day that he was healthy and the Nets chose to pull a maintenance day during a national TV game.

If you are healthy, you should play.

therealbig3
RealGM

Post#128 » by therealbig3 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:07 am

I'm not even mad about the loss at all, I even said I expected it. I think Kyrie should rest, this game is ultimately meaningless in the long run.

It's just...don't blame the coach when we're clearly outgunned out there, especially when the role players played poorly.
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#129 » by Openheimer » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:07 am

Paradise wrote:Damn Harden was mad. I didn’t see him kick the chair and yell at the staff.

Oh lord.

I would be to when I get the likes of TLC open looks and he keeps throwing up bricks
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#130 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:10 am

Openheimer wrote:

Oh lord.

I would be to when I get the likes of TLC open looks and he keeps throwing up bricks

Harden didn't sign up for this with the notion that he would be the only one playing every night out of the Big 3.

I understand that Durant needs time, but Kyrie should have played. If you're going to pull the maintenance crap, sit all of them and call it a day. the Nets coaching staff and front office punted a National TV game.

any fan that buys a ticket to watch this team right now is insane. you're not guaranteed to get your money's worth.

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#131 » by DarkXaero » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:18 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Oh lord.

He should be mad. Why was Kyrie not playing tonight? It is clear as day that he was healthy and the Nets chose to pull a maintenance day during a national TV game.

Marks told Rachel Nichols that Kyrie's (surgically operated) shoulder was feeling fatigued after the Magic game, and after light practice yesterday, it was feeling more fatigued so they chose to take the cautious approach to sit him out for this game. I don't blame them, this game is ultimately meaningless.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#132 » by Paradise » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:34 am

Jarrett Allen is really shooting threes and hitting them looking like prime Al Horford SMH

HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,484

Post#133 » by HardenGoat » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:37 am

They switched Jordan onto Doncic all night. Offensively the difference was we missed Kyries gravity which helps our shooters get open. Let alone his production too. Not going to make a huge deal over it. Shump and Roberson are terribly rusty. Missed Meth too he is a factor.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#134 » by Prokorov » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:27 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Oh lord.

I want Kyrie playing in the playoffs. not a meaningless game in February. Need to get these guys their rest. We have seen Kyrie and KD miss playoff games due to injury. We cant have that and win a title. We should have easily won this game without him anyway, but Nash decided he'd play to every mavs advantage and literally give them the game
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#135 » by Prokorov » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:28 am

therealbig3 wrote:I'm not even mad about the loss at all, I even said I expected it. I think Kyrie should rest, this game is ultimately meaningless in the long run.

It's just...don't blame the coach when we're clearly outgunned out there, especially when the role players played poorly.

the only reason we lost was coaching. it isnt event remotely debateable. If nash didnt show up to the arena, we win.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#136 » by Prokorov » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:29 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Openheimer wrote:

Oh lord.

Harden didn't sign up for this with the notion that he would be the only one playing every night out of the Big 3.

I understand that Durant needs time, but Kyrie should have played. If you're going to pull the maintenance crap, sit all of them and call it a day. the Nets coaching staff and front office punted a National TV game.

any fan that buys a ticket to watch this team right now is insane. you're not guaranteed to get your money's worth.

Kyrie should not have played. why do you want him playing regular season game and not playoff games?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#137 » by Prokorov » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:30 am

HardenGoat wrote:They switched Jordan onto Doncic all night. Offensively the difference was we missed Kyries gravity which helps our shooters get open. Let alone his production too. Not going to make a huge deal over it. Shump and Roberson are terribly rusty. Missed Meth too he is a factor.

We didnt need gravity. we have plenty of shooters... but nash decided to play roberson instead
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#138 » by Prokorov » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:36 am

Worst coach game ive ever seen as a Net fan.

This game was over the second Dallas double teamed Harden 5 straight possessions, went on an 11-2 run, and Nash still didn't take Roberson off the floor. Constant small ball with a 7'5" Porzingas on the floor. Swallowing his timeouts again. Refusing to get on refs when the whistles were not there. Almost no zone to speak of even though we were already giving up open 3s due to overhelping. He let their role guys go off instead of forcing Luka to beat us. We turned it over a ton... no re-focusing on ball protection as we contiued to turn it over in the second half. 0 adjustments to get more points at the rim despite them playing 48 minutes of poor pick and roll bigs. didnt matter with DJ glued ot the bench most of this one. Ran almost no pnr with claxton and when we did it was a lob dunk.

You can tell Harden was LIVID with the coaching staff. Hopefully Marks can convince nash to step down in a classy manner like saying "person reasons" or something so he doesnt have to outright fire him.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#139 » by therealbig3 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:22 am

Prokorov wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:I'm not even mad about the loss at all, I even said I expected it. I think Kyrie should rest, this game is ultimately meaningless in the long run.

the only reason we lost was coaching. it isnt event remotely debateable. If nash didnt show up to the arena, we win.

:lol:

Utter and complete nonsense.

As usual.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#140 » by GTR11 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:33 am

Oh lord.

He's thirsty for that ring. I think he came here for dynasty type run. You won't get him off court until after he gets one ( pure guess/ speculation on my part ).

Return to Brooklyn Nets