ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Mavs @ The Funhouse - Saturday, 02/27/21 | 8:30pm ET | ABC Primetime

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: GT: Mavs @ The Funhouse - Saturday, 02/27/21 | 8:30pm ET | ABC Primetime 

Post#141 » by GTR11 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:40 am

•Made calculated guess and got it right. Sometimes it's easy to call or maybe something else.
•This game was give away for sure.
•cant/won't win them all, salty comments sound silly
•didnt watch and enjoyed some personal life with loved ones.
•we in a good place. They know it. If you think they won't play match up game you're fulling yourself.
•health going to be priority.
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#142 » by Openheimer » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:21 am

Once the emotions subsides and common sense returns you know this was going to be a schedule loss given the outs.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#143 » by ducler » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:31 am

Prokorov wrote:
ducler wrote:
Read on Twitter

No Kyrie tonight. i feel like you put so much effort into these for all 30 teams but starting lineups are often wrong?

Relax. Our infographics were done before it was official Kyrie would miss the game.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,878

Post#144 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:56 am

Prokorov wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:I'm not even mad about the loss at all, I even said I expected it. I think Kyrie should rest, this game is ultimately meaningless in the long run.

It's just...don't blame the coach when we're clearly outgunned out there, especially when the role players played poorly.

the only reason we lost was coaching. it isnt event remotely debateable. If nash didnt show up to the arena, we win.

This is ridiculous. How many TOs did Harden have? Did you see how awful TLC was out there?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

GT: Mavs @ The Funhouse - Saturday, 02/27/21 | 8:30pm ET | ABC Primetime 

Post#145 » by Paradise » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:50 pm

Prokorov wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:I'm not even mad about the loss at all, I even said I expected it. I think Kyrie should rest, this game is ultimately meaningless in the long run.

It's just...don't blame the coach when we're clearly outgunned out there, especially when the role players played poorly.

the only reason we lost was coaching. it isnt event remotely debateable. If nash didnt show up to the arena, we win.

And that is why he was going at the coaching staff. ESPN replayed it. We should’ve made better adjustments. You can’t have Harden guarding KP.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#146 » by NetsJets » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:40 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#147 » by MGrand15 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:25 pm

It's amazing how bad TLC has been. I had really high hopes for him as a roleplayer this year. Never expected him to be amazing but I really liked his decision making. This year that has fallen off a cliff. Must've been a fluke. He was truly awful yesterday.

Don't really care much about this one. After 8 good games in a row, this isn't a surprise. Roberson was the first guy off the bench for some reason. Bunch of lineups that never played together and didn't make much sense. We scored 34 in the 2nd half. That's all that really matters. No team is competing with that.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#148 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:25 pm

No KD/Kyrie and the Mavs were playing lights out.

I was fine with giving this game up. No issues at all.

Its honestly better that we play without the pressure of keeping up this win streak.
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#149 » by Openheimer » Mon Mar 1, 2021 12:58 am

MGrand15 wrote:It's amazing how bad TLC has been. I had really high hopes for him as a roleplayer this year. Never expected him to be amazing but I really liked his decision making. This year that has fallen off a cliff. Must've been a fluke. He was truly awful yesterday.

Don't really care much about this one. After 8 good games in a row, this isn't a surprise. Roberson was the first guy off the bench for some reason. Bunch of lineups that never played together and didn't make much sense. We scored 34 in the 2nd half. That's all that really matters. No team is competing with that.

James harden will never have another 4 point half game like he did last night
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#150 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 1, 2021 4:02 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

This is ridiculous. How many TOs did Harden have? Did you see how awful TLC was out there?

Why is TLC out there if he is playing poorly? why not sit him for Shamet?

Harden was double teamed hard all night. thats going to result in turnovers. what did we do to prevent those early double teams? We watched them go on an extended run yet continue to keep Roberson on the floor which welcomed his man to go double.

Nash put us in the worst possible position to win, at a time when we already were missing some good players. Thats the issue, anytime he actually has to coach, we have no shot. When he can role out multipple hall of famers, we will win no matter who coaches most nights.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#151 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 1, 2021 4:03 pm

Openheimer wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:It's amazing how bad TLC has been. I had really high hopes for him as a roleplayer this year. Never expected him to be amazing but I really liked his decision making. This year that has fallen off a cliff. Must've been a fluke. He was truly awful yesterday.

James harden will never have another 4 point half game like he did last night

He will if he plays next to roberson a ton and teams double him at half court.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#152 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 9:59 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Why is TLC out there if he is playing poorly? why not sit him for Shamet?

Harden was double teamed hard all night. thats going to result in turnovers. what did we do to prevent those early double teams? We watched them go on an extended run yet continue to keep Roberson on the floor which welcomed his man to go double.

Nash put us in the worst possible position to win, at a time when we already were missing some good players. Thats the issue, anytime he actually has to coach, we have no shot. When he can role out multipple hall of famers, we will win no matter who coaches most nights.

This is an extreme version of my sentiments.

Nash has some positive qualities. He's also lucky to work with literally the most stacked deck in the league, in terms of players who can just go GET you a win, no matter what you do for (or against) them schematically.

I don't mean to bag on the man. I am grateful that he shepherded us to a #2 seed and an 8-game win streak. To unlock our potential, I honestly feel like he had to stop coaching like a bottom-5 coach in the league, and start coaching like an average coach, and he did that. I'm not ready to call Saturday a return to his former ineffectiveness, right now I'll call it a schedule loss and purpose-driven... tinkering.

Nash is one of those guys that wants to test even basic tenets of coaching (like not surrounding a star with enough shooters to prevent doubles), before adjusting. He has to see it for himself. Hopefully, he has seen and learned.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#153 » by therealbig3 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 11:32 pm

Durant has been out for most of the season at this point, it’s mainly been Kyrie and Harden, which is NOT an unbeatable duo, especially with a weak defense around them. And yet, we’ve been beating most teams, including a long winning streak. Nash is not going out there with 3 HOFs every night, you guys are twisting a narrative to make it seem like he gets carried by the players and the only time we lose is because of him. It’s scapegoaty and knee jerky and overly emotional, when it’s ok to admit that we just got outplayed by a talented team (Dallas has potential to be pretty good, and we had lackluster performances all-around, Harden included).
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#154 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 2, 2021 7:09 pm

therealbig3 wrote:Durant has been out for most of the season at this point, it’s mainly been Kyrie and Harden, which is NOT an unbeatable duo, especially with a weak defense around them. And yet, we’ve been beating most teams, including a long winning streak. Nash is not going out there with 3 HOFs every night, you guys are twisting a narrative to make it seem like he gets carried by the players and the only time we lose is because of him. It’s scapegoaty and knee jerky and overly emotional, when it’s ok to admit that we just got outplayed by a talented team (Dallas has potential to be pretty good, and we had lackluster performances all-around, Harden included).

Sorry, some nights Nash has to settled for just 2 in-prime hall of famers, or... gulp... just one :roll:

Kyrie/Harden alone is an inarguable top 3 duo. And harden has a strong MVP case in his own right. Nothing scapegoat about this. look back at the knight/king/jester threads. ive been calling out nash even during wins all year. He is flat out an awful coach at any level. these are basic mistakes you dont see in grammar school rec games.

He 1000000% gets carried by elite talent. and that isnt even remotely debateable. Maybe we dont have gary payton or mutombo out here but our D was legit playing like the worst ALLTIME defense. And he had us a losing record with Kyrie/KD and losing to absolute BUM trash teams.

and forget wins and losses. we can identify awgul things every game that are inexcusable. everyone hates their coaches rotations, but these are plain old X's and Os does and donts. its frankly embarassing and if any one of our big 3 misses time we could lose in round 1 due to his lack of coaching

Return to Brooklyn Nets