ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets @ Pacers 3/17/2021 7:00pm EST (Kyrie OUT)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: GT: Nets @ Pacers 3/17/2021 7:00pm EST (Kyrie OUT) 

Post#201 » by GTR11 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:30 am

therealbig3 wrote:But he isn't just standing there and making sure everything is kumbaya, I mean, he DID light up one of his veterans when he felt they were dogging it (Deandre), and has gotten much better effort out of him. He's been tinkering lineups all season long until he's found the right combinations. He's found a way to maximize someone who would normally be a complete offensive liability (Bruce Brown). He's trusting a rookie to be a major contributor for this team because that rookie has proven to be effective (Claxton)...you know how many coaches would keep Nic glued to the bench and roll with their veterans instead simply because he's a rookie? TJ, Shamet, even TLC as much as we hate on him...they're playing their best basketball with Nash as the coach. And we went from being a laughable defense that can now somewhat limit opposing offenses and doesn't get completely destroyed on the glass.

I see actual coaching going on, and it's been effective. He's not overplaying his vets, he's making adjustments, and he's got us playing our best basketball right now, without who most people think is our best player. And yeah, the arrogance of calling a guy that won 2 MVPs and was a great PG for A LONG time and was widely considered one of the smartest players to ever lace them up, who has consistently shown the ability to adapt and learn and get better both as a player and as a coach, a moron that couldn't coach a kindergarten team is quite honestly hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

Nobody talks like that about Kidd, Mark Jackson, or Isiah...everyone makes fun of them as head coaches, sure, but nobody has said they're morons that couldn't coach a rec team and that random anonymous internet posters probably knew more about the game than they did and could make better adjustments. And yet, I think Nash has already proven himself to be FAR better than those "PGs turned head coaches". Because they actively made their teams worse. Nash has helped us get better. There's a reason they're not head coaches anymore.

Some people have just had an agenda against Nash from the beginning and were waiting for the second things looked bad, and then they decided that he was the problem no matter what happened after that. And it's a consistent theme, ANY time an opposing team makes a run or we hit a cold stretch, or our best players are objectively playing like crap, the complaints come pouring in about only Nash: "is Nash going to do ANYTHING? I don't understand these lineups! Why is he playing this guy? Why isn't he playing this other guy? Nash sucks!" Then we right the ship, win the game, and everyone goes "ZOMG Kyrie! WOW Bearded One!"

It's a ridiculous double standard.

In all this we forget about Sean Marks here. His resume is damn impressive. If some did research like me they'd notice track record after he left San An. Guy is guru when it comes to scouting, recruiting and trading.

I'm just pissed with him about Kenny thing. Dynasty run will fix it though :P

Pat, Wiz and Allen hated those bids he made for young prospects :lol:
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,546

Post#202 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:05 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:I would not go in with the superlatives for Nash at the moment. Of course he was a great player and he seems to be getting the results as a coach. But I'd wait many many years before saying he is Phil Jackson level, titles will speak louder than words.

So far so good I think. He has shown the emotional intelligence to not ruffle any feathers on this team and keep himself out of the spotlight altogether. Definitely not a glamorous role but he's doing it

You said the key words: emotional intelligence. This is what Joe Harris said about him. That is an undervalued trait in people in positions of leadership.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,546

Post#203 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:12 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:But he isn't just standing there and making sure everything is kumbaya, I mean, he DID light up one of his veterans when he felt they were dogging it (Deandre), and has gotten much better effort out of him. He's been tinkering lineups all season long until he's found the right combinations. He's found a way to maximize someone who would normally be a complete offensive liability (Bruce Brown). He's trusting a rookie to be a major contributor for this team because that rookie has proven to be effective (Claxton)...you know how many coaches would keep Nic glued to the bench and roll with their veterans instead simply because he's a rookie? TJ, Shamet, even TLC as much as we hate on him...they're playing their best basketball with Nash as the coach. And we went from being a laughable defense that can now somewhat limit opposing offenses and doesn't get completely destroyed on the glass.

I see actual coaching going on, and it's been effective. He's not overplaying his vets, he's making adjustments, and he's got us playing our best basketball right now, without who most people think is our best player. And yeah, the arrogance of calling a guy that won 2 MVPs and was a great PG for A LONG time and was widely considered one of the smartest players to ever lace them up, who has consistently shown the ability to adapt and learn and get better both as a player and as a coach, a moron that couldn't coach a kindergarten team is quite honestly hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

Nobody talks like that about Kidd, Mark Jackson, or Isiah...everyone makes fun of them as head coaches, sure, but nobody has said they're morons that couldn't coach a rec team and that random anonymous internet posters probably knew more about the game than they did and could make better adjustments. And yet, I think Nash has already proven himself to be FAR better than those "PGs turned head coaches". Because they actively made their teams worse. Nash has helped us get better. There's a reason they're not head coaches anymore.

Some people have just had an agenda against Nash from the beginning and were waiting for the second things looked bad, and then they decided that he was the problem no matter what happened after that. And it's a consistent theme, ANY time an opposing team makes a run or we hit a cold stretch, or our best players are objectively playing like crap, the complaints come pouring in about only Nash: "is Nash going to do ANYTHING? I don't understand these lineups! Why is he playing this guy? Why isn't he playing this other guy? Nash sucks!" Then we right the ship, win the game, and everyone goes "ZOMG Kyrie! WOW Bearded One!"

It's a ridiculous double standard.

Big facts here.

What's funny is that we've lost ONCE in the last 37 days. We're 1st in the East. Our chemistry is amazing. We've had to deal with KD out with COVID stuff + injuries. Kyrie resting B2Bs + taking a 2 week hiatus. Integrating a star. Losing 3 rotation players. Throwing in Claxton mid-season. Losing Dinwiddie right at the start of the season. Shamet starting the season ICE COLD. Some really bad losses to mediocre teams. The media BEGGING for us to fail.

He's made some mistakes - like all humans do - but if he was doing a bad coaching job, we wouldn't be doing so well. Period.

I will say - it's basically just Prok doing his normal over the top thing here. He won't change his mind even if we 3 peat. Most people seem to be fine with what Nash is doing.

Agreed with the both of you.

My one thing I want to see from Nash at some point in this season is for him to lose his sh*t and get a tech. I don't think i've ever seen him get a tech before as a player so I'm wondering what can send him over the edge. The guy is just so calm. I see Harden and Kyrie hit the floor too much with no whistles, one time, just once I want him to ask the ref if he or she is **** ing blind or just plain dumb not to call an obvious foul :lol:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to Brooklyn Nets