ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Wizards @ The Funhouse - 03/21/21 | 7:00pm | YES & NBATV | Griffin’s debut

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Basileus777
General Manager
And1: 2,031

Re: GT: Wizards @ The Funhouse - 03/21/21 | 7:00pm | YES & NBATV | Griffin’s debut 

Post#61 » by Basileus777 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:38 am

Shamet injury really sucks because I don't know how they are going to limit Harden's minutes when the only viable guard on the bench is TJ.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,888

Re: GT: Wizards @ The Funhouse - 03/21/21 | 7:00pm | YES & NBATV | Griffin’s debut 

Post#62 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:51 am

Claxton is so much better than Jordan. IDK how much longer we can justify not starting him.

Some of the Jordan minutes are brutal.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#63 » by TheNetsFan » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:55 am

GTR11 wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:Anybody doubt that Jordan will get his ring and then have his salary dumped? Friend or not, the big 3 have to realize he's an albatross. Harden obviously knows it already.

We have no depth at 5 spot. Also when playing with energy he's ok, extra six fouls on a bad night.

He's too expensive to keep for an extra 6 fouls. When KD comes back & Green plays more minutes at the 5, Jordan is going to see his minutes cut even more.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#64 » by TheNetsFan » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:56 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Claxton is so much better than Jordan. IDK how much longer we can justify not starting him.

It doesn't matter who starts. Claxton is getting the minutes that matter.
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#65 » by LOUiS-D » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:58 am

nothing scarier than a scrub team with nothing to lose with "hustle players" throwing their bodies around like idiots. lucky that wasn't a concussion on harden. and the fking no call on what should have been a flagrant... blows my freaking mind. that's the exact play the rule change was introduced for. ruccs saying it was because his feet came forward is bs, only one foot was forward.

Read on Twitter

that's his natural landing area. they should assess retrospective flagrants for this s***. f***ing hell. pisses me off so much. ARE YOU FKING KIDDING ME no call.

and I don't wanna hear that that goofy chin strap dude was playing hard, the hole game he was bouncing off people like the kid in a jumping castle who drank too much raspberry soda.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#66 » by GTR11 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:08 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:Anybody doubt that Jordan will get his ring and then have his salary dumped? Friend or not, the big 3 have to realize he's an albatross. Harden obviously knows it already.

We have no depth at 5 spot. Also when playing with energy he's ok, extra six fouls on a bad night.

He's too expensive to keep for an extra 6 fouls. When KD comes back & Green plays more minutes at the 5, Jordan is going to see his minutes cut even more.

He is mMLE if Kyrie and KD don't take a pay cutt. Have no problem with his salary, he's a good back up. His salary would be nice trade asset but thats not how it works here.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,907

Post#67 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:08 am

Who are we replacing him with? Is it really worth a pick to dump him.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#68 » by TheNetsFan » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:03 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Who are we replacing him with? Is it really worth a pick to dump him.

Replacing what exactly? Will he be playing more 16mpg come playoff time? He'll be 33 next season & continuing a steady decline. If Tsai is willing to continue to pay obscene luxury tax year after year, so be it, but I'm not convinced. I think there's a limit, and if Marks can repurpose Jordan's $10mil somehow, he will.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#69 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:03 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Claxton is so much better than Jordan. IDK how much longer we can justify not starting him.

I think its the same as we did with Allen last year. once allen earns the starting spot, dont start him just yet. first ramp the minutes up over DJs, then give him the starting spot. so you give him the minutes to help the team but make him over-earn the starters title/role. i think that kind of thing is important for young players to avoid a setup or getting a bit to un-humble.

Today was the right recipe in my opinion. claxton played 9 more minutes and finsihed the game.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#70 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:06 am

GTR11 wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

He is mMLE if Kyrie and KD don't take a pay cutt. Have no problem with his salary, he's a good back up. His salary would be nice trade asset but thats not how it works here.

Jordan is an important role on this team. shot blocker who has the size to hold his own vs bigger centers as well as being a lob threat. at 10M he is overpaid but barely. he is certainly a 7-8 million per player.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#71 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:12 am

Much needed win, but this team is not playing well. individually claxton, brown, shamet look good and blake had some nice minutes, but everyone else has looked mediocure or worse. Harden/Kyrie didnt shoot well. Harris has looked bleh on both ends. We had like 15 chances to blow this game open.

How many times does westbrook need to drive right by our guys before we put brown back in? just glad we didnt blow this one. Nash said last game after the loss that harden and joe are fatigued... he follows that up with playing them 39 and 35 minutes repsectively. How about givng one or both the night off?

anyhow... glad to see a W. back to backs in portland/utah will be rough.

King: claxton
Knight: Brown
Nash: Harris, Kyrie, and Greens defense
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#72 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:14 am

Blake looks to have settled into his role as we all expected. seems comfortable doing whats asked. all the positives we new about were on display: Passing, craftiness/taking charges, high IQ play. Defensively wasnt bad. that and hitting open 3s will be what keeps him on the floor when KD comes back. its basically him or green at that point.

The Dunk was fun. hard not to love this debut. he brings not energy but electricity. seemed to get a hop in the teams step when he came in.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#73 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:17 am

I think Brown needs to start. even if you sub him out after 3 minutes. we need to prevent teams from getting a ton of offensive momentum going early. we have an ungodly amount of offense. we can live without harris starting. play him the same amount of minutes. but start brown to keep them from going up 15 early
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#74 » by NetsJets » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:18 am

Claxton balled out tonight it’s nice to see him closing out games. He hit some big buckets down the stretch. I hope Shamet is okay. Guys didn’t shoot well and they still found a way to win. That’s what good teams do.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#75 » by GTR11 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:27 am

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:He's too expensive to keep for an extra 6 fouls. When KD comes back & Green plays more minutes at the 5, Jordan is going to see his minutes cut even more.

Jordan is an important role on this team. shot blocker who has the size to hold his own vs bigger centers as well as being a lob threat. at 10M he is overpaid but barely. he is certainly a 7-8 million per player.

What NetsFan is right about is the fact DJ is vet min contract. Guy is unplayable if matchup ain't right. Hassan can provide a lot more if you'll ask me.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#76 » by GTR11 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:29 am

Prokorov wrote:I think Brown needs to start. even if you sub him out after 3 minutes. we need to prevent teams from getting a ton of offensive momentum going early. we have an ungodly amount of offense. we can live without harris starting. play him the same amount of minutes. but start brown to keep them from going up 15 early

KD will be back next week. Who you taking min away from?

Blake will get min, you can bet on that for sure. Nic? Green?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#77 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:30 am

GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

What NetsFan is right about is the fact DJ is vet min contract. Guy is unplayable if matchup ain't right. Hassan can provide a lot more if you'll ask me.

Whiteside is the vet min guy. he is all kinds of awful.

Jordan is still an mMLE type player. not many guys can block shots, finsih vertically, and body bigger players. he is a 20ish mpg player now who has some lapses but look around the league. there arent many like him and you certainly arent getting one for the vet minimum
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#78 » by NetsJets » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:31 am

I think you guys over exaggerate how “bad” Jordan is.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#79 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:32 am

GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:I think Brown needs to start. even if you sub him out after 3 minutes. we need to prevent teams from getting a ton of offensive momentum going early. we have an ungodly amount of offense. we can live without harris starting. play him the same amount of minutes. but start brown to keep them from going up 15 early

KD will be back next week. Who you taking min away from?

Blake will get min, you can bet on that for sure. Nic? Green?

I'm sitting blake.

Kyrie/harden/harris/KD/Jordan
TJ/Brown/Green/Claxton

I guess if shamet misses a ton of time you can go big wih Blake/Green at F next to claxton. but thats not super ideal.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#80 » by GTR11 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:35 am

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Whiteside is the vet min guy. he is all kinds of awful.

Jordan is still an mMLE type player. not many guys can block shots, finsih vertically, and body bigger players. he is a 20ish mpg player now who has some lapses but look around the league. there arent many like him and you certainly arent getting one for the vet minimum

Sounds like a push for me. Both do same thing and provide not much value. Vet min sound about right, and if we had a time to work off-season might’ve ended up with better options. McGee, D12, Noel etc.

Like I said I have no problem with DJ as a 3rd string. His salary don't speak the value to this team. Great chemistry guy imo. He knows he's washed up. He knows he can help as well.

Return to Brooklyn Nets