ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Wizards @ The Funhouse - 03/21/21 | 7:00pm | YES & NBATV | Griffin’s debut

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: GT: Wizards @ The Funhouse - 03/21/21 | 7:00pm | YES & NBATV | Griffin’s debut 

Post#81 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:39 am

GTR11 wrote:Sounds like a push for me. Both do same thing and provide not much value. Vet min sound about right, and if we had a time to work off-season might’ve ended up with better options. McGee, D12, Noel etc.

Whiteside is like the polar opposite player to DJ. a guy who scores back to the basket or on offensive putbacks. not a screener or a lob threat. defensively he is nowhere close to a shot blocker as a helpman.

Like I said I have no problem with DJ as a 3rd string. His salary don't speak the value to this team. Great chemistry guy imo. He knows he's washed up. He knows he can help as well.

Jordan has been really good for us. without him, we are in trouble in the playoffs. he plays a really important role on this team. you need shot blockers. and you need screeners who are alob thrat. Cant rely on just claxton.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: GT: Wizards @ The Funhouse - 03/21/21 | 7:00pm | YES & NBATV | Griffin’s debut 

Post#82 » by GTR11 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:48 am

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Sounds like a push for me. Both do same thing and provide not much value. Vet min sound about right, and if we had a time to work off-season might’ve ended up with better options. McGee, D12, Noel etc.

Whiteside is like the polar opposite player to DJ. a guy who scores back to the basket or on offensive putbacks. not a screener or a lob threat. defensively he is nowhere close to a shot blocker as a helpman.

Like I said I have no problem with DJ as a 3rd string. His salary don't speak the value to this team. Great chemistry guy imo. He knows he's washed up. He knows he can help as well.

Jordan has been really good for us. without him, we are in trouble in the playoffs. he plays a really important role on this team. you need shot blockers. and you need screeners who are alob thrat. Cant rely on just claxton.

:lol:

Man your fantasy is wild. Keep that energy.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#83 » by GTR11 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:11 am

MVP enough said.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#84 » by Paradise » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:18 am

Marks signs Alize Johnson to a 10 day contract

Another filler until Thursday.

Read on Twitter
GTR11
RealGM

Post#85 » by GTR11 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:51 am

This is not first time we hear players talking about how they came in during season and have to adjust.

https://youtu.be/lw7xPCBsWdY

Blake is very intellectual player when it comes to bball. One of the best playmaking guy out there. Would love to keep him beyond this year, this is dynasty team written all over it.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#86 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:40 am

Basileus777 wrote:Westbrook has just killed us this year.

Skiles is not a very good coach, but this is one effective tactic against us.

He unleashes Russ in the 4th, and runs a bunch of backdoor cuts off ball to distract our back line help defense. They know that none of our perimeter guys can even bother Westbrook 1v1. We should look at that scheme weakness. Not every team has a Russ, but lots of teams could exploit us with that play.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#87 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:44 am

Shark wrote:Feels like this Washington team is just in our heads. Just can't put them away.

Them and Memphis. I can't stand how awful they look against other subpar teams, and then they give us all we can handle. I'm just glad we came away with a W this time.
-- Steve Martin
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#88 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:54 am

Prokorov wrote:I think Brown needs to start. even if you sub him out after 3 minutes. we need to prevent teams from getting a ton of offensive momentum going early. we have an ungodly amount of offense. we can live without harris starting. play him the same amount of minutes. but start brown to keep them from going up 15 early

Yup, 100%. I love my boys KAI and Joe, but one of 'em got to go from the starting lineup. And it won't be Irving. They can both maintain their MPG, but they'll probably both benefit offensively by sharing slightly fewer minutes on the court together. Also, opposing teams are starting to pick on our perimeter D when both are in the game.

Right now, Brown is the most sensible 5th starter IMO. But if we acquire an elite 3&D roleplayer this week via trade or buyout, he might also come off the bench.
-- Steve Martin
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#89 » by Whiskey Slick » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:26 am

GTR11 wrote:
MVP enough said.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Horrible time for Shamet to get hurt. I know he's been in a bit of a slump lately, but he's shot well most of the year and he would have been the primary candidate to take more minutes so we can limit Harden's.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#90 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:01 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

:lol:

Man your fantasy is wild. Keep that energy.

He is giving us like 7/7/2 in 22 minutes on 78% FG

He has a positive DBPM, DRPM, DRAPM, with 2.9 WS.

He isnt the player he was, but he is still a positive for us, especially on defense. His shot blocking and overall size near the rim is important for us. he has played a big role on this team.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#91 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:01 pm

GTR11 wrote:MVP enough said.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

He isnt sure what the awnser is?

Kyrie/KD get like 1-3 maintenance days a month. giving harden one isnt the end of the world. dude needs a break give him one.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#92 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:03 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:
Basileus777 wrote:Westbrook has just killed us this year.

Skiles is not a very good coach, but this is one effective tactic against us.

He unleashes Russ in the 4th, and runs a bunch of backdoor cuts off ball to distract our back line help defense. They know that none of our perimeter guys can even bother Westbrook 1v1. We should look at that scheme weakness. Not every team has a Russ, but lots of teams could exploit us with that play.

We had Bruce Brown sitting on the bench. id start with that.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#93 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:03 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:
Shark wrote:Feels like this Washington team is just in our heads. Just can't put them away.

Them and Memphis. I can't stand how awful they look against other subpar teams, and then they give us all we can handle. I'm just glad we came away with a W this time.

Memphis we didnt have kyrie, kd, or harden for either matchup and both were close
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#94 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:05 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:I think Brown needs to start. even if you sub him out after 3 minutes. we need to prevent teams from getting a ton of offensive momentum going early. we have an ungodly amount of offense. we can live without harris starting. play him the same amount of minutes. but start brown to keep them from going up 15 early

Yup, 100%. I love my boys KAI and Joe, but one of 'em got to go from the starting lineup. And it won't be Irving. They can both maintain their MPG, but they'll probably both benefit offensively by sharing slightly fewer minutes on the court together. Also, opposing teams are starting to pick on our perimeter D when both are in the game.

Right now, Brown is the most sensible 5th starter IMO. But if we acquire an elite 3&D roleplayer this week via trade or buyout, he might also come off the bench.

Yeah, i mean if you cant find a way to score with Harden/Kyrie/KD on the floor then there are bigger issues then defense. We shouldnt need harris to score points to start the game.

Id rather start slow on offense but also slow the other team then have the other team come out with a ton of confidence and if joe is off early were staring at a 15 point deficiet.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#95 » by HardenGoat » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:19 pm

Harden can make it until KD is back and Griffin can get his conditioning up to game speed. He's one of the most durable players ever. He is certainly not carrying anything like the load he had in Houston when he often had to win the games himself. He is passing the ball more which requires less effort offensively. 2 years ago he had that stretch of 32 consecutive 30 point games which was peppered with 18 @ 40+, 4 @ 50+, and a 61 point cherry at the Garden. That required full on effort nearly every game. Everyone thought for sure he would need rest but he kept going, he actually went that way right through the year. Sure that is never going to happen again, but it does take a herculean type person to be able to do that. He is holding some back right now, even when he looks like he is getting abused, Iam sure he knows what it will take in the playoffs and keep his reserves.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,890

Post#96 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:47 pm

Kyrie Irving will not accompany the team on this week’s three-game road trip (POR/UTA/DET) in order to tend to a family matter.

We might have to mail in one of these games. We can't have Harden killing himself for wins.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#97 » by NetsJets » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:48 pm

Kyrie is going to miss the road trip
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#98 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:29 pm

HardenGoat wrote:Harden can make it until KD is back and Griffin can get his conditioning up to game speed. He's one of the most durable players ever. He is certainly not carrying anything like the load he had in Houston when he often had to win the games himself. He is passing the ball more which requires less effort offensively. 2 years ago he had that stretch of 32 consecutive 30 point games which was peppered with 18 @ 40+, 4 @ 50+, and a 61 point cherry at the Garden. That required full on effort nearly every game. Everyone thought for sure he would need rest but he kept going, he actually went that way right through the year. Sure that is never going to happen again, but it does take a herculean type person to be able to do that. He is holding some back right now, even when he looks like he is getting abused, Iam sure he knows what it will take in the playoffs and keep his reserves.

when you lead the NBA in minutes and get no nights off and are playing a covid condenced schedule that adds up for anyone regardless of offensive load.

You can tell its effecting his jumper. he is shooting like 15% from deep the past several weeks
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#99 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:30 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Kyrie Irving will not accompany the team on this week’s three-game road trip (POR/UTA/DET) in order to tend to a family matter.

We might have to mail in one of these games. We can't have Harden killing himself for wins.

Yeah. its a back to back anyone. we were going to lose one of them. sit him vs the jazz and you get a few off days for him with the travel days.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#100 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:21 pm

Hope things are alright with Kyrie, I noticed his body language wasn't right in the Wizards game. There was definitely things other than basketball on his mind.

Given Shamet is also going to be out going to have to be Chiozza time.

Return to Brooklyn Nets