ImageImageImageImageImage

How we miss KD

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

OneZilion
Ballboy
Posts: 44
And1: 32
Joined: Dec 06, 2020
         

How we miss KD 

Post#1 » by OneZilion » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:31 am

So much games without KD start some worry to me... hope it is extra cautious but it is little bit way too long

Hard to imagine and maybe some here fotgot how special this dude is, he is such an unreal player. He is the main piece of everything.. if there isnt his decion to come here there isnt harden here, Kyrie was package deal, no blake, no Uncle Jeff, no LMA, there isnt all the strenght of young guys like Brown Shamet and Nic that KD influenced with believe in them selfs...

My qurstion is do you guys understand how special this team will be when KD is healthy and just pray for that...

when nets are all ready to play I just cant imagine that anyone has a chance in 7 games series
ecuhus1981
RealGM
Posts: 15,370
And1: 864
Joined: Jun 19, 2007
       

Re: How we miss KD 

Post#2 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:55 am

We miss him a ton.

I hope he's good for the long haul after this ramp-up. He's hungry to compete, and he simplifies the game for all of his teammates when opponents have to pay attention to him on the floor.

Who has a better #1 option than us? No one. How about #1a? Also no one. You can go down the pecking order; when Kyrie gets to match up with fellow 3rd options Jrue, Pat, Seth, Dennis or even Mike, he's gonna feast. Did anyone else have a4th option like Joe? Or a bench playmaker like (hopefully healthy) Spencer? Now I understand why so many people say the playoffs aren't even gonna be fun this year, it's not even fair how much of an advantage we have! It's not in the bag, but at full strength we can only beat ourselves IMO.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
User avatar
Pablo Escobar
Head Coach
Posts: 6,208
And1: 2,960
Joined: May 13, 2009
Location: Medellín

Re: How we miss KD 

Post#3 » by Pablo Escobar » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:58 am

So I'm guessing the hamstring is from overcompensation from the achilles?
Plata o Plomo?
Pelly24
Analyst
Posts: 3,587
And1: 2,496
Joined: Aug 02, 2016
     

Re: How we miss KD 

Post#4 » by Pelly24 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:03 am

Pablo Escobar wrote:So I'm guessing the hamstring is from overcompensation from the achilles?


Things like this are always interesting. Like it could be that, but hamstring injuries are fairly common and he is older now with a lot of mileage. But not a bad bet.

As for KD, it's actual insanity that he's still coming back. As of right now, even without KD, this Nets team is absolutely stacked. Harden arguably has better supporting pieces than he did in a decent part of his career in Houston (without CP3 and still an all star Russ). Joe Harris is a great shooter and can play defense sometimes. Jeff Green is the league's ultimate utility veteran minimum guy (6'8" with great athleticism and can shoot, guard wings, play small ball 5), Claxton is a burgeoning elite defender, Bruce Brown was a starter, Shamet is good again. Playing with just Harden even, Blake Griffin is far more useful than before. He can pass, finish plays, make smart plays on both ends of the court. If Dinwiddie were healthy, it'd be even more ridiculous. And then Kyrie is there. Harden and Kyrie are just a ridiculous duo so far. Harden gets to dominate the ball, and Kyrie gets to be the freelance, ultimate three-level scorer he was meant to be, getting points in the flow of the offense, being a secondary playmaker and going against the flow of the offense to take over when needed and close out games. Both these guys can play off ball. It's just wild people thought they wouldn't mesh.

So adding KD to this is simply illegal. When KD was playing this year, he was essentially a top 5 player and even looked like an MVP at times. He looked every bit as good as he did before. He can get 25/5/5 on 64 TS% in 30 minutes per game in his sleep now and fill in and do damage on defense. If he needed to, he could average 32 without sacrificing efficiency. He's also as seamless a superstar as any player in NBA history. People can talk about his team-ups and that's fine. We won't get to see him on a LeBron/MJ-esque arc (besides w. Russ, which were really underrated years TBH). But the fact that he can play with dynamic players without leading to any compromise in their games is just special. I have no doubt he'll seamlessly slip back into the mix and put up elite numbers while helping make BK unstoppable. The only question is health.

Also, I don't think KD is definitely better than Harden, and I never bought into the idea that Harden would be a "Robin," etc. any of that. Harden and KD are top 5 players, probably top 25 players ever at this point.

But yeah. Nets look nigh-unbeatable now, and when KD gets back, it will be dangerous. I do think the Lakers have an amazing squad. LeBron can take his time coming back from this injury. I don't think it matters who the Lakers have to play first or second, etc. Just get LeBron and AD healthy. Then, the lakers have a lot of guys that can get points even if their offense has been pedestrian relatively speaking. Dennis and Trezz are about as good of third and fourth option scorers as you can hope for. I think Andre Drummond might help the Lakers even more than people think. He's a GOAT-level rebounder and an elite athlete. Catching lobs from LeBron, Schroder and even AD will be ridiculous. I could see Andre getting 15/15 and being an impactful defender and having multiple 20-point games in the playoffs.

The Nets should win if everyone's healthy, but no one should sleep on the lakers when Superman is still there and he's got a very solid supporting cast and a top 8 player.
sashaturiaf
Senior
Posts: 648
And1: 678
Joined: Jan 18, 2021
 

Re: How we miss KD 

Post#5 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:38 am

Can't wait for KDs return. We love Kyrie and Harden, but this is stil KD's team. The team is going to be hyped seeing him back in uniform again.

And I wouldn't say Harden is better than KD. Harden is fantastic but KD is the best in the world. Healthy KD hasn't lost a playoff series since 2016
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 38,404
And1: 12,682
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: How we miss KD 

Post#6 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:21 pm

OneZilion wrote:So much games without KD start some worry to me... hope it is extra cautious but it is little bit way too long

Hard to imagine and maybe some here fotgot how special this dude is, he is such an unreal player. He is the main piece of everything.. if there isnt his decion to come here there isnt harden here, Kyrie was package deal, no blake, no Uncle Jeff, no LMA, there isnt all the strenght of young guys like Brown Shamet and Nic that KD influenced with believe in them selfs...

My qurstion is do you guys understand how special this team will be when KD is healthy and just pray for that...

when nets are all ready to play I just cant imagine that anyone has a chance in 7 games series


I'm not worried about KD. we need him in the playoffs. i hope he takes another 2-3 weeks. have him come back a week before the playoffs to ramp up.

And yea, we know how special he is. we have seen the big 3 togther. when you have 2 top 10 players on the floor at all times thats basically unbeatable
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 38,404
And1: 12,682
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: How we miss KD 

Post#7 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:23 pm

Pablo Escobar wrote:So I'm guessing the hamstring is from overcompensation from the achilles?


Its from him being in and out of the lineup due to covid. that kind of start and stop isnt good for the body. he was looking amazing. dunking on 7 footers. nba pulls him for covid. then lets him play, then pulls him mid game.

its BS.
User avatar
gigantes
Rookie
Posts: 1,153
And1: 469
Joined: Dec 11, 2008
 

Re: How we miss KD 

Post#8 » by gigantes » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:59 pm

Pelly24 wrote:Both these guys (Kyrie & Harden) can play off ball. It's just wild people thought they wouldn't mesh.

I don't know if anyone actually thought those two in particular couldn't mesh productively. I think it was moreso a question of whether the big three would be able to get enough touches (plus Joe and whoever else) as a group. It's still technically something of a question to me, especially since Kyrie & Harden are poor defenders, at least by advanced metrics. Not a 'this can't work' situation, more of a 'this doesn't work quite as well as it should,' potentially costing us at critical moments. For example, Kyrie not getting quite as much usage as we need, and meanwhile being too much of an easy mark on the other end.

For myself, I think where I was more of a doofus is in not realising The Beard & Kyrie could swap roles so handily. Also, IIRC someone had reported pre-trade that Kyrie had no desire to play with Harden, so that was a concern for me.

So basically, I'm happy to be proven wrong on most of my concerns. :)
dcstanley
Pro Prospect
Posts: 982
And1: 537
Joined: Nov 20, 2017
 

Re: How we miss KD 

Post#9 » by dcstanley » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:22 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:Can't wait for KDs return. We love Kyrie and Harden, but this is stil KD's team. The team is going to be hyped seeing him back in uniform again.

And I wouldn't say Harden is better than KD. Harden is fantastic but KD is the best in the world. Healthy KD hasn't lost a playoff series since 2016

To be fair, the Warriors as a whole lost two series since 2015. Harden is more impactful than KD imo, I shutter to think what the Nets record would be if it was Harden sitting out all these weeks and KD at the helm. I don't think anyone would assume this team would have the record they do now.
User avatar
Pablo Escobar
Head Coach
Posts: 6,208
And1: 2,960
Joined: May 13, 2009
Location: Medellín

Re: How we miss KD 

Post#10 » by Pablo Escobar » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am

Prokorov wrote:
Pablo Escobar wrote:So I'm guessing the hamstring is from overcompensation from the achilles?


Its from him being in and out of the lineup due to covid. that kind of start and stop isnt good for the body. he was looking amazing. dunking on 7 footers. nba pulls him for covid. then lets him play, then pulls him mid game.

its BS.


Yeah it was odd I think he was facing my hometown raptors lol. He was averaging 29 on insane efficiency as well, hamstrings take a while though. If he can play with about a month left before the playoffs that'd be best case scenario. Let the big 3 get full chemistry, it's interesting because Harden and Kd played together in the beginning and were looking great, then Kd gets covid protocol then hamstring injury, and then Kyrie and Harden started to gel once Kd was out. It's an insane big 3 and none of them care about who gets the glory.
Plata o Plomo?
sashaturiaf
Senior
Posts: 648
And1: 678
Joined: Jan 18, 2021
 

Re: How we miss KD 

Post#11 » by sashaturiaf » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:44 am

dcstanley wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:Can't wait for KDs return. We love Kyrie and Harden, but this is stil KD's team. The team is going to be hyped seeing him back in uniform again.

And I wouldn't say Harden is better than KD. Harden is fantastic but KD is the best in the world. Healthy KD hasn't lost a playoff series since 2016

To be fair, the Warriors as a whole lost two series since 2015. Harden is more impactful than KD imo, I shutter to think what the Nets record would be if it was Harden sitting out all these weeks and KD at the helm. I don't think anyone would assume this team would have the record they do now.


Not a chance. Hardens game is good at giving you the illusion that he is more impactful than any player since the sun revolves around him when he has the ball. And I definitely think he's better than carrying role players to wins in the dog days of midseason regular season basketball due to his durability, but we need to ween ourselves off the reliance on Hardens 40 point triple doubles since that won't be winning basketball in the playoffs

Come the games that matter, KD's size, shooting, defensive impact and immense impact without needing the ball is something Harden can't offer. Good thing for the Nets is that KD's strengths allow Harden to also display his.
User avatar
Basileus777
General Manager
Posts: 7,606
And1: 1,831
Joined: Jul 13, 2007
Location: New Jersey
 

Re: How we miss KD 

Post#12 » by Basileus777 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:05 am

sashaturiaf wrote:
dcstanley wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:Can't wait for KDs return. We love Kyrie and Harden, but this is stil KD's team. The team is going to be hyped seeing him back in uniform again.

And I wouldn't say Harden is better than KD. Harden is fantastic but KD is the best in the world. Healthy KD hasn't lost a playoff series since 2016

To be fair, the Warriors as a whole lost two series since 2015. Harden is more impactful than KD imo, I shutter to think what the Nets record would be if it was Harden sitting out all these weeks and KD at the helm. I don't think anyone would assume this team would have the record they do now.


Not a chance. Hardens game is good at giving you the illusion that he is more impactful than any player since the sun revolves around him when he has the ball. And I definitely think he's better than carrying role players to wins in the dog days of midseason regular season basketball due to his durability, but we need to ween ourselves off the reliance on Hardens 40 point triple doubles since that won't be winning basketball in the playoffs

Come the games that matter, KD's size, shooting, defensive impact and immense impact without needing the ball is something Harden can't offer. Good thing for the Nets is that KD's strengths allow Harden to also display his.


:banghead:
OneZilion
Ballboy
Posts: 44
And1: 32
Joined: Dec 06, 2020
         

Re: How we miss KD 

Post#13 » by OneZilion » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:24 am

KD in playoffs are cheat code

Guy destroyed Cavs 2 years in a row and was absolutly the best player in that 2 finals
score was 8-1 for dubs. Lebron fans somehow forgot that and KD didnt get enough credit for that

Third year with Warriors remember Clippers series KD maybe was playing best basketball of carrier in 2019 playoffs pre injury and 3rd title in a row was stopped just cause of injury

In playoffs crazu game 6 by Klay saved Warriors againts OKC which was by far better in that serier til then... also 2015 he didnt played in playoffs...

when it really caunts KD is most unstopable
force on planet last 4-5 years and just health can stop him frim confirming that this season

Harden is maybe better team raiser in regular season and bigger grinder for “small games”, but when stakes are high even Harden know who KD is...
sashaturiaf
Senior
Posts: 648
And1: 678
Joined: Jan 18, 2021
 

Re: How we miss KD 

Post#14 » by sashaturiaf » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:08 am

OneZilion wrote:KD in playoffs are cheat code

Guy destroyed Cavs 2 years in a row and was absolutly the best player in that 2 finals
score was 8-1 for dubs. Lebron fans somehow forgot that and KD didnt get enough credit for that

Third year with Warriors remember Clippers series KD maybe was playing best basketball of carrier in 2019 playoffs pre injury and 3rd title in a row was stopped just cause of injury

In playoffs crazu game 6 by Klay saved Warriors againts OKC which was by far better in that serier til then... also 2015 he didnt played in playoffs...

when it really caunts KD is most unstopable
force on planet last 4-5 years and just health can stop him frim confirming that this season

Harden is maybe better team raiser in regular season and bigger grinder for “small games”, but when stakes are high even Harden know who KD is...


Agreed. Hardens game can be stopped albeit you need to plan for it and it's not with one man. KD? Nah you can't stop what he does. There is no rhyme or rhythm to his game he will rise up from anywhere on the floor and drill it between your eyes, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Lucky we have both, plus Kyrie.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 38,404
And1: 12,682
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: How we miss KD 

Post#15 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:52 pm

Man.... its weird being this good. you have some Harden stans, some KD stans and them some icognito Lebron shills.

For us nets fans who have been here since jersey... we dont have to choose. we have Harden, KD, and Kyrie and dont care who leads us as long as we win.
User avatar
HardenGoat
Sophomore
Posts: 178
And1: 60
Joined: Jan 18, 2021
       

Re: How we miss KD 

Post#16 » by HardenGoat » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:09 pm

Harden is the ultimate player for the long haul, he can carry you there, alone if he has to. But, KD gets you the ring. No KD ... no ring. That being said, no worries. They know this and that's why KD is being tended to very very carefully..
dcstanley
Pro Prospect
Posts: 982
And1: 537
Joined: Nov 20, 2017
 

Re: How we miss KD 

Post#17 » by dcstanley » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:39 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
OneZilion wrote:KD in playoffs are cheat code

Guy destroyed Cavs 2 years in a row and was absolutly the best player in that 2 finals
score was 8-1 for dubs. Lebron fans somehow forgot that and KD didnt get enough credit for that

Third year with Warriors remember Clippers series KD maybe was playing best basketball of carrier in 2019 playoffs pre injury and 3rd title in a row was stopped just cause of injury

In playoffs crazu game 6 by Klay saved Warriors againts OKC which was by far better in that serier til then... also 2015 he didnt played in playoffs...

when it really caunts KD is most unstopable
force on planet last 4-5 years and just health can stop him frim confirming that this season

Harden is maybe better team raiser in regular season and bigger grinder for “small games”, but when stakes are high even Harden know who KD is...


Agreed. Hardens game can be stopped albeit you need to plan for it and it's not with one man. KD? Nah you can't stop what he does. There is no rhyme or rhythm to his game he will rise up from anywhere on the floor and drill it between your eyes, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Lucky we have both, plus Kyrie.

KD's game has been stopped in the playoffs though.. His playoff efficiency during his Thunder years is similar to Harden's playoff efficiency as a Rocket.

Durant in OKC:
29.1 pts per game, 39.3 pts per 100, 22.79 tsa per game, 0.638 ts in regular season games (+10.0 rts)
29.4 pts per game, 35.8 pts per 100, 26.26 tsa per game, 0.561 ts in playoff games (+2.5 rts)

Pretty significant drop there.. From insane efficiency to merely above average. KD's efficiency improved as a Warrior to be sure but I expect Harden to have a similar improvement in playoff production as a Net with the spacing around him.

Not my intention to argue, just find it odd how people aren't willing to concede that Harden is better than a post-achilles injury KD. Never thought there was much of a gap between the two but I don't think it's much of a question now. Harden is just an all-time force of nature.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
Posts: 15,370
And1: 864
Joined: Jun 19, 2007
       

Re: How we miss KD 

Post#18 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:36 am

Durant's extracurricular social media beef is proof that he's going bonkers on the sidelines. Get off your phone, internet tough guy. We need you, so play it cool. I'll be livid if he shoots himself in the foot with a league suspension over inappropriate DM's.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
ecuhus1981
RealGM
Posts: 15,370
And1: 864
Joined: Jun 19, 2007
       

Re: How we miss KD 

Post#19 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:42 am

Prokorov wrote:Man.... its weird being this good. you have some Harden stans, some KD stans and them some icognito Lebron shills.

For us nets fans who have been here since jersey... we dont have to choose. we have Harden, KD, and Kyrie and dont care who leads us as long as we win.

True indeed, sir. 1st world problems of the highest order.

I don't mean to take a get-offa-my-lawn attitude, but this board has started to remind me of the Total Rickall episode of Rick and Morty:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/rickandmorty/images/4/49/Total_Rickall.png/revision/latest?cb=20160920093829
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Brooklyn Nets