ImageImageImageImageImage

KD vs Rapoport

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 38,401
And1: 12,682
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: KD vs Rapoport 

Post#121 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 2, 2021 6:31 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:
My thing it was a private conversation that was made public by some bozo comedian. Now we have the word police trying to apply their values & standards over a private convo. It's ridiculous because I know many of you have used not so nice words in the past.


Being hateful and homophobic in private doesnt make it better. the KKK is mostly anonymous members who spout a ton of hate in private. i guess its ok they talk about lynching blacks because "its private conversation"

its also no longer private. everyone in the world can see it now.

KD needs to man up. frankly, so do the nets.


How is lynching blacks the same as someone calling somebody else a c*** sucker ? Dude you’re digging yourself into a hole. Just quit while you still can.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


This is a strawman. we dont accept those here.

You said that KDs words were part of a private conversation, implying that hate speech is ok as long as its in private. I used an example to clearly illustrate that isnt the case. (An extremist radical racist group RIVATELY discussing lynching).

Saying things in private doesnt remove the fact that its still hate speech. whether its anti-gay or anti-black
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 38,401
And1: 12,682
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: KD vs Rapoport 

Post#122 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 2, 2021 6:31 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:KD took shots at Michael Rappoport not an entire community! I mean this is getting ridiculous. This is trash talk , i've heard alot worse. It does'nt make it right but too many people are here trying to be holier then though and the word police. It's pretty amusing.


Words have power. you dont get a free pass because it "was only directed at one person"

If i go down to my local park, and scream the N-word at my white friend, im pretty sure that any black person within ear shot is going to be upset, effected, and angry about it.

KD said it. it went public. he isnt even remotely sorry about it and/or has 0 awareness of his hate speech and how harmful it is


Again you’re comparing the N word to being called a c*** sucker. Tell me how both of these are the same in this country ? N Word has historical backing, cmon man you’re better then that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


They both have historical backing. you are just ignorant when it comes to homphobia but well versed in racism.
User avatar
Hello Brooklyn
General Manager
Posts: 9,950
And1: 7,109
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
   

Re: KD vs Rapoport 

Post#123 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Apr 2, 2021 7:00 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:I can't believe you guys are still talking about this.

KD said sorry and its time to move on.

We having bigger issues to deal with in this world than a stupid private convo between KD and some idiot.


But he didnt apologize is the problem... and he is only sorry he got exposed, not sorry that the words he said are homophobic and hateful and harmful. It shows ignorance and a complete lack of empathy.

That would be like if you robbed a bank overnight, thought you got away with it but 4 weeks later the security footage outed you. and then when asked to comment your response was "im sorry the cameras recorded me" instead of "im sorry i robbed the bank"


He apologized in the way he wanted to and thats that.

This isn't an ongoing problem. Why are we still making an issue about this?

And please don't compare an off color private conversation to robbing a bank. That's pretty stupid.
HEAT33 wrote:Nets not even the best team in NY without Durant
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 38,401
And1: 12,682
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: KD vs Rapoport 

Post#124 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 2, 2021 7:09 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
He apologized in the way he wanted to and thats that.

This isn't an ongoing problem. Why are we still making an issue about this?


It is very much an ongoing problem. When one of the leagues biggest stars is outed for spewing hate speech and then comes out and basically says "im sorry i got caught" and doesnt even come close to apologizing for using homophobic slurs or being ignorant that those terms are hateful and harmful to gays is a big deal... not just for KD, but for the Nets.

It helps that there are no fans and COVID, but gay fans are going to be on him. your gonna see signs, anti-KD protests/shirts/signs in arenas when it opens back up. its bad.

You cant just throw around homophibic slurs and have it be ok. Dude needs to grow up and own it. I hope he does, cause i cant root for the type of people who cant grow or apologize or realize their ignorance and try and be part of the solution.

I'm sure someone in one of KDs circles who is gay will reach out and enlighten him on what he did and hopefully that leads to a real apology

And please don't compare an off color private conversation to robbing a bank. That's pretty stupid.


It is not a straight comparison, it was an analogy. To highlight how saying your sorry isn't an apology if you are not addressing what you should be sorry for. In My analogy its obvious the crime is robbing the bank, but the criminal is apologizing for being caught.

With KD, he is apologizing because he got outed and caught saying some hateful words. not because he used that language or that his language is hateful, hurtful, and harmful to a protected class.
User avatar
Hello Brooklyn
General Manager
Posts: 9,950
And1: 7,109
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
   

Re: KD vs Rapoport 

Post#125 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Apr 2, 2021 7:16 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
He apologized in the way he wanted to and thats that.

This isn't an ongoing problem. Why are we still making an issue about this?


It is very much an ongoing problem. When one of the leagues biggest stars is outed for spewing hate speech and then comes out and basically says "im sorry i got caught" and doesnt even come close to apologizing for using homophobic slurs or being ignorant that those terms are hateful and harmful to gays is a big deal... not just for KD, but for the Nets.

It helps that there are no fans and COVID, but gay fans are going to be on him. your gonna see signs, anti-KD protests/shirts/signs in arenas when it opens back up. its bad.

You cant just throw around homophibic slurs and have it be ok. Dude needs to grow up and own it. I hope he does, cause i cant root for the type of people who cant grow or apologize or realize their ignorance and try and be part of the solution.

I'm sure someone in one of KDs circles who is gay will reach out and enlighten him on what he did and hopefully that leads to a real apology

And please don't compare an off color private conversation to robbing a bank. That's pretty stupid.


It is not a straight comparison, it was an analogy. To highlight how saying your sorry isn't an apology if you are not addressing what you should be sorry for. In My analogy its obvious the crime is robbing the bank, but the criminal is apologizing for being caught.

With KD, he is apologizing because he got outed and caught saying some hateful words. not because he used that language or that his language is hateful, hurtful, and harmful to a protected class.


Yeah its an ongoing problem to you.

90% of Nets fans are over the situation and you are blowing it out of proportion.

KD admitted he was wrong and thats that. What do you want to happen?

Suspend KD and disrupt our season over some bull private conversation?

If you don't want to root for KD then don't. I'm sticking by him cause I know his intention was not bad and he said sorry.
HEAT33 wrote:Nets not even the best team in NY without Durant
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 38,401
And1: 12,682
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: KD vs Rapoport 

Post#126 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 2, 2021 7:24 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Yeah its an ongoing problem to you.

90% of Nets fans are over the situation and you are blowing it out of proportion.


I'm not sure where you are getting the 90% number from. 1/2 the people or more in this thread are not over it, hell even on netsdaily which is a huge homer board, is not over it. certainly not nets fans on twitter.

KD admitted he was wrong and thats that. What do you want to happen?

Suspend KD and disrupt our season over some bull private conversation?

If you don't want to root for KD then don't. I'm sticking by him cause I know his intention was not bad and he said sorry.



He didnt apologize. in fact, his attempt at an apology is almost more damning then the incident itself. he is basically saying he is sorry he got caught. he made 0 apologies or shown any awareness of the protected class of people that are effected by his comments.

I want him to own up and acknowledge that, whether intended or not, the language he used was homophobic and hateful towards a protected class of people. and to say he will try and be better.

I think he should get similar punishment that meyers leonard got. whatever that ended up being.

A lack of intention doesnt make it ok. ignorance is just as dangerous and hate. sometimes worse.

this is an awful look for KD and a bad look for the Nets.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 37,725
And1: 14,617
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: KD vs Rapoport 

Post#127 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 2, 2021 9:11 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Sigh. I know this will be a waste of time but:

Okay, I am going to assume you are a straight male like me, right? Ok.

So if I call you c*** sucker, I am saying that you suck dick and therefore you're gay. I am using that to insult you.

The fact that I am using homosexuality to insult you implies that there is something wrong with homosexuality, and I am attempting to offend you by calling you a guy that likes to suck dick. That is literally homophobic rhetoric.

Also, just because you have seen only straight people being called that doesn't matter. You're not gay nor are you privy to what kind of abuse gay people endure.

And...the fact that you've admitted that you have only seen straight people called this speaks volumes.


That word is used against guys that are overly defending another man and or trying to placate to another man. An example would be Shannon Sharpe and Lebron.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


And you’re REALLY not seeing the homosexuality reference there? Seriously?


Okay, I thought I was going crazy. What in the hell????? :lol: !!!!!!!
Kiddlovesnets
Sophomore
Posts: 102
And1: 38
Joined: Mar 18, 2021
 

Re: KD vs Rapoport 

Post#128 » by Kiddlovesnets » Fri Apr 2, 2021 9:13 pm

Tbh I fail to see anything homophobic, can anyone enlighten me where was that thing coming from? I know people love to play the race and LGBT card and use these as leverage.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 37,725
And1: 14,617
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: KD vs Rapoport 

Post#129 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 2, 2021 9:13 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:
I seen that word used against straight people more though. It's not homophobic. Its like me calling another man a b*tch and then somebody saying i'm being sexist to woman.


Sigh. I know this will be a waste of time but:

Okay, I am going to assume you are a straight male like me, right? Ok.

So if I call you c*** sucker, I am saying that you suck dick and therefore you're gay. I am using that to insult you.

The fact that I am using homosexuality to insult you implies that there is something wrong with homosexuality, and I am attempting to offend you by calling you a guy that likes to suck dick. That is literally homophobic rhetoric.

Also, just because you have seen only straight people being called that doesn't matter. You're not gay nor are you privy to what kind of abuse gay people endure.

And...the fact that you've admitted that you have only seen straight people called this speaks volumes.


How is it homophobic if woman can also c*** suck ? You guys make zero sense and are acting very sensitive.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


When is the last time you have EVER heard a woman called that? This is a slur that straight men say to other men to be disrespectful or demeaning. Come on now dude.

I mean why would you call a woman that? So she can look at you and say "Yeah? And what about it?" ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :crazy:
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 37,725
And1: 14,617
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: KD vs Rapoport 

Post#130 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 2, 2021 9:19 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
It doesnt matter. the word still does damage.

What you are saying is the equivolent of being like "it doesnt matter that someone sad N----r, i hear black people use that word amongst themselves more then i hear it as hate speech.

Straight people using it doesnt make all the gay people who are abused with those words daily somehow hurt less when its slurred


The mistake you just made is compare what gay people go through to what black people went through. One group of people were enslaved in this country the other wasn’t.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Not being a slave doesnt mean that you have not suffered through oppression and torture. "gay bashing" was an acceptable ting in the 50s and 60s. what religions do to gay men, forcing them to take wives, have kids with women, and "pray the gay away". people urging gays to commit suicide. gays being beaten and murdered for their sexuality.

these things still count despite "gays never being slaves".

There is a standard for oppression and gays certainly meet it. US laws cover sexual orientation in anti-discrimination laws. and thats for a reason. because they are discriminated against



Go take a look at the number of Black people in the gay and transgender community who are murdered every year. There is a reason why me, a straight Black man, is adamant about this stuff being dangerous.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 37,725
And1: 14,617
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: KD vs Rapoport 

Post#131 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 2, 2021 9:26 pm

The NBA fined KD $50,000 today for this, so I would say that they are taking the matter seriously.

Hopefully, those funds will be donated to a charity for at risk LGBT youth who face issues such as homelessness, depression, suicide, and are in also in danger of becoming victims of violence. Some of yall think this is all a joke but it really isn't.

Either way, I'm disappointed in the Nets here. This could have been a teachable moment and a way to spread awareness, to take a moment that was very unflattering and turning it into a way to give back to the community. Instead, KD says he's sorry for being caught, pays out some pocket change and we move on. :nonono:
Kiddlovesnets
Sophomore
Posts: 102
And1: 38
Joined: Mar 18, 2021
 

Re: KD vs Rapoport 

Post#132 » by Kiddlovesnets » Fri Apr 2, 2021 9:31 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
When is the last time you have EVER heard a woman called that? This is a slur that straight men say to other men to be disrespectful or demeaning. Come on now dude.

I mean why would you call a woman that? So she can look at you and say "Yeah? And what about it?" ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :crazy:


I've heard many times when my female friends have some kind of cat fights, perhaps your friends are mostly male so you havent seen this happen. The thing is, Michael Rapaport is not gay himself, he has a wife. I'd say KD is being homophobic only if hes using this slur against actual gay men, otherwise this is just some kind of normal trash talking. An analogy I can make is, blacks calling blacks ni*gga is not racism, whites calling whites ni*gga is not racism, but whites calling blacks ni*gga is racism(since its used by non-blacks against blacks). Hope you understand now.

MrDollarBills wrote:Go take a look at the number of Black people in the gay and transgender community who are murdered every year.


A lot of people get murdered everyday, whether they are black or white, homosexual or straight. If you take a look at the straight blacks and whites, they also get killed.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 37,725
And1: 14,617
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: KD vs Rapoport 

Post#133 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 2, 2021 9:51 pm

Kiddlovesnets wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
When is the last time you have EVER heard a woman called that? This is a slur that straight men say to other men to be disrespectful or demeaning. Come on now dude.

I mean why would you call a woman that? So she can look at you and say "Yeah? And what about it?" ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :crazy:


I've heard many times when my female friends have some kind of cat fights, perhaps your friends are mostly male so you havent seen this happen.


I have plenty of friends who are women, but I am also a working adult that doesn't hang with women who get into cat fights and call each other that word. :lol:
therealbig3
RealGM
Posts: 26,551
And1: 12,572
Joined: Jul 31, 2010

Re: KD vs Rapoport 

Post#134 » by therealbig3 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 9:55 pm

Kiddlovesnets wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
When is the last time you have EVER heard a woman called that? This is a slur that straight men say to other men to be disrespectful or demeaning. Come on now dude.

I mean why would you call a woman that? So she can look at you and say "Yeah? And what about it?" ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :crazy:


I've heard many times when my female friends have some kind of cat fights, perhaps your friends are mostly male so you havent seen this happen. The thing is, Michael Rapaport is not gay himself, he has a wife. I'd say KD is being homophobic only if hes using this slur against actual gay men, otherwise this is just some kind of normal trash talking. An analogy I can make is, blacks calling blacks ni*gga is not racism, whites calling whites ni*gga is not racism, but whites calling blacks ni*gga is racism(since its used by non-blacks against blacks). Hope you understand now.

MrDollarBills wrote:Go take a look at the number of Black people in the gay and transgender community who are murdered every year.


A lot of people get murdered everyday, whether they are black or white, homosexual or straight. If you take a look at the straight blacks and whites, they also get killed.


Your last sentence is kind of ridiculous, and you're failing to see that what you're calling "normal trash talk" is offensive to a huge group of people. Hiding behind the defense of "trash talk" isn't cool anymore, it stopped being cool a while ago.
Whiskey Slick
Senior
Posts: 567
And1: 205
Joined: Jan 17, 2021
       

Re: KD vs Rapoport 

Post#135 » by Whiskey Slick » Sat Apr 3, 2021 3:51 am

Michael Rapaport is a cheese eater.

I hope every player in the NBA, heck, in all of sports, unfollows that RAT on Twitter.

The next person who trusts him with a private conversation should have their heads examined.
WHERE BROOKLYN AT? 8-)

ON A QUEST TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP. :nod:
Whiskey Slick
Senior
Posts: 567
And1: 205
Joined: Jan 17, 2021
       

Re: KD vs Rapoport 

Post#136 » by Whiskey Slick » Sat Apr 3, 2021 4:03 am

"We once had a squealer in the gang, but now he ain't got no teeth in his mouth." :lol:

Was his name Rapaport?

WHERE BROOKLYN AT? 8-)

ON A QUEST TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP. :nod:
User avatar
gigantes
Rookie
Posts: 1,153
And1: 469
Joined: Dec 11, 2008
 

Re: KD vs Rapoport 

Post#137 » by gigantes » Sat Apr 3, 2021 5:20 am

Sorry, KD, but you're getting exactly what you deserved, right here. You sound almost *exactly* like the super-obnoxious little brats I grew up with, in the Iverson streets.

That shizzle just doesn't translate well to the big stage, and actually, that's how it played out for our boy, too. :/

Grow the FLUFF up, KD. It's time.
Kiddlovesnets
Sophomore
Posts: 102
And1: 38
Joined: Mar 18, 2021
 

Re: KD vs Rapoport 

Post#138 » by Kiddlovesnets » Sat Apr 3, 2021 3:09 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
Your last sentence is kind of ridiculous, and you're failing to see that what you're calling "normal trash talk" is offensive to a huge group of people. Hiding behind the defense of "trash talk" isn't cool anymore, it stopped being cool a while ago.


I talk to 2 of my gay friends and they said that they would be offended if (1) someone said this directly to them, (2) someone said this to another gay man. They'd not be offended at all if this is said to a woman or a straight man, since its a contextual offensive language. You still missed the point that, both KD and Rapoport are straight men, and theres no context of homosexual people being involved. This is stupid just like the Redskins name change, the American Indians dont even find the name offensive, and yet some people just decide that 'its offensive to american indians'. Funny.

There are so many things that we can be upset about in this world, if you mind other people's business too much. It seems that you just are just sensitive and want to get offended, if so just look for russian, chinese and venezuelan websites/forums, use google translator and read what they say about us Americans and you can get mad at them for an entire day. I wont bother though, I have better things to do in my life than worrying about what things people talk to their own kinds. Unless they talk to me directly or my name is actually mentioned, its not worth getting upset over such trifles.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 38,401
And1: 12,682
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: KD vs Rapoport 

Post#139 » by Prokorov » Sat Apr 3, 2021 3:15 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:The NBA fined KD $50,000 today for this, so I would say that they are taking the matter seriously.

Hopefully, those funds will be donated to a charity for at risk LGBT youth who face issues such as homelessness, depression, suicide, and are in also in danger of becoming victims of violence. Some of yall think this is all a joke but it really isn't.

Either way, I'm disappointed in the Nets here. This could have been a teachable moment and a way to spread awareness, to take a moment that was very unflattering and turning it into a way to give back to the community. Instead, KD says he's sorry for being caught, pays out some pocket change and we move on. :nonono:


Yup. Good on the NBA for taking action and shame on the nets for "handling it internally".
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 38,401
And1: 12,682
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: KD vs Rapoport 

Post#140 » by Prokorov » Sat Apr 3, 2021 3:17 pm

Kiddlovesnets wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
Your last sentence is kind of ridiculous, and you're failing to see that what you're calling "normal trash talk" is offensive to a huge group of people. Hiding behind the defense of "trash talk" isn't cool anymore, it stopped being cool a while ago.


I talk to 2 of my gay friends and they said that they would be offended if (1) someone said this directly to them, (2) someone said this to another gay man. They'd not be offended at all if this is said to a woman or a straight man, since its a contextual offensive language. You still missed the point that, both KD and Rapoport are straight men, and theres no context of homosexual people being involved. This is stupid just like the Redskins name change, the American Indians dont even find the name offensive, and yet some people just decide that 'its offensive to american indians'. Funny.

There are so many things that we can be upset about in this world, if you mind other people's business too much. It seems that you just are just sensitive and want to get offended, if so just look for russian, chinese and venezuelan websites/forums, use google translator and read what they say about us Americans and you can get mad at them for an entire day. I wont bother though, I have better things to do in my life than worrying about what things people talk to their own kinds. Unless they talk to me directly or my name is actually mentioned, its not worth getting upset over such trifles.


when gays are being killed for being gay and blacks are being killed for being black i cant just "mind my own business" or i am compllicit.

Return to Brooklyn Nets