Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,828

Re: KD vs Rapoport 

Post#21 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:00 am

therealbig3 wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:I’m not gonna be a hypocrite, I think repeatedly calling someone a fellatio giver is homophobic as hell, with the intent of framing homosexuality as an insult. He also keeps calling him a bitch, which is also sexist. And then taking shots at his skin color, which is also prejudiced.

KD should be suspended for it imo. It demonstrates a complete lack of character at worst, and extreme immaturity at best. This is how 15 year olds talk on the internet, KD should be way beyond this.

And no this isn’t me being “woke”. We damn well know better at this point in time, we all are well aware of how words affect people and how we simply need to stop calling things “gay” as a way to insult it, and calling someone a “girl” (the b word in this case) shouldn’t be used as an insult either. And what’s with taking shots at his skin color?

KD needs to grow up, or just be a better person. Regardless, I support a suspension if the NBA wants to enforce one.

Respectfully disagree, KD didn't choose to broadcast this. It was Rapoport that made a heated private conversation public. And there's no way you can get KD for this anyway since he'll just claim his account was hacked and things will go on.

This heated private conversation shows a lot about where KD’s head is at though. He really shouldn’t be using language like that.

I’m not black, and I’m honestly asking this question without disrespect intended...is there not a serious hypocrisy and double standard when a black man voices their issues with social injustice and racism against their community...but then turns around and starts hurling insults against women and the LGBTQ community? C-sucker and the C word and the P word and the B word are just as ugly of words as the F word to me (the homophobic slur).

What in the **** does ONE BLACK PERSON being a homophobic ass hole have to do with the rest of us or other BLACK people who speak out against social injustice? Why is one person's behavior a reflection on everyone else? See this is that bull ****.

Goddamn dude I was with you 100% on calling KD out for his rhetoric until you pulled this. Both you and Papi_swav can go **** yourselves. Racist pricks.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#22 » by Prokorov » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:03 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
You actually think KD is a homophobe because he used the word cock sucker?

People use that word all the time. Are they all just hateful against gay people?

Its not meant to be homophobic.

First, just want to clarify what i was taking issue with was the defense of "i said this in private" as if that should be some shield against your words or actions.

Second to respond to your point, i think its a gray area. I dont think whether he is homophobic or not really matters as much as he is out there saying homophobic things that perpetuate a negative connotation towards gays. Like you can not be a racist, but if you are out there dropping hard N-bombs, there is an impact to those words.

You guys are throwing out terms like "homophobe" so casually that it loses its meaning.

What evidence do we have that KD is actually prejudice towards gay people? Far more likely that he was just trying to use it as an insult.

Don't compare what KD said to Stirling who is actually a racist. Thats absurd.

Again, im not saying he is homophobic, but he is certainly using homophobic language. to me being ignorant or it being a DM are not defenses. There are much more homophonic things he could of said. i dont actually think he is homophobic, but that doesnt mean what he says doesnt have that impact and connotation and that he shouldnt potentially be suspended for it.

I don't think you can compare cock sucker to the N word because of historical context.

If KD used the F word or Queer then it would be a lot worse.

I think he was being immature for sure. But I don't think there was any intention to be homophobic.

Yeah, like i said there is some grey area. he definitely didnt use the big taboo words. but its not like what he said is completely non homophobic either.

My bigger point though, is that he doesnt need to be homophobic for it to be an issue. just like it still a problem to be dropping N-bombs if you werent actually racist.

on a scale of 1 to 10 thats like a 4 for homophobic things you can say. but either way, its a bad look
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#23 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:03 am

Papi_swav wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
Respectfully disagree, KD didn't choose to broadcast this. It was Rapoport that made a heated private conversation public. And there's no way you can get KD for this anyway since he'll just claim his account was hacked and things will go on.

This heated private conversation shows a lot about where KD’s head is at though. He really shouldn’t be using language like that.

I’m not black, and I’m honestly asking this question without disrespect intended...is there not a serious hypocrisy and double standard when a black man voices their issues with social injustice and racism against their community...but then turns around and starts hurling insults against women and the LGBTQ community? C-sucker and the C word and the P word and the B word are just as ugly of words as the F word to me (the homophobic slur).

I'm half way with u relabig3. I mean we can't be THIS sensitive but we also have to call a spade a spade. No offense but there is definitely a double standard when it comes to the black community, they can say whatever they want about whoever they want and don't get any slack for it, this is just where we're at as a society, no offense just calling it like it is. Nobody should be coming at anyone or disrespecting their skin color , period. And nobody should definitely be saying things like "B**** a$$ white boy" on the court and get away with it because we know if the shoe was on the other foot, that person would be cancelled.

As far as him calling him gay or the b word, I mean those are just fighting words and what guys say when arguing, I don't think we should take those words that serious as outsiders. But you are right, KD needs to grow up because this is how 15 year olds act.

I'm Black and I would never use anyone's skin color or sexuality to insult them.

**** you. That's how I'll insult you.

Take KD to task for his own individual behavior. Leave everyone else out of it. The **** is wrong with you?

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#24 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:07 am

And before you respond saying you aren't racist, the fact that both of you pricks immediately went to talk about "the black community" as a whole over the actions of one man is a huge tell. Check your **** ing selves. You judge KD as an individual, don't drag me and every other Black person into this.

Brofessor24
Sixth Man
And1: 888

Post#25 » by Brofessor24 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:19 am

Papi_swav wrote:KD needs to get his life together, he needs to have a kid or make a family, something. He cares too much about what ppl has to say or think of him. He might need to see a shrink or something. Rapoport is a corny comedian and a clout chaser, he shouldn't be taking him this serious. A 7 foot guy ready to fight a regular size cornball comedian. He's not alright upstairs I'm sorry to say.

You are projecting big time lol.

Just because KD enjoys **** talking one Twitter every now and then, doesn't mean that he needs counseling lol.

Also, they were never gonna fight each other.

As a rule of thumb, when someone says that they wanna fight someone else (on social media), they aren't being serious the vast majority of the time.

There is no need to overreact to this.
Brofessor24
Sixth Man

Post#26 » by Brofessor24 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:21 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:I’m not gonna be a hypocrite, I think repeatedly calling someone a fellatio giver is homophobic as hell, with the intent of framing homosexuality as an insult. He also keeps calling him a bitch, which is also sexist. And then taking shots at his skin color, which is also prejudiced.

KD should be suspended for it imo. It demonstrates a complete lack of character at worst, and extreme immaturity at best. This is how 15 year olds talk on the internet, KD should be way beyond this.

And no this isn’t me being “woke”. We damn well know better at this point in time, we all are well aware of how words affect people and how we simply need to stop calling things “gay” as a way to insult it, and calling someone a “girl” (the b word in this case) shouldn’t be used as an insult either. And what’s with taking shots at his skin color?

KD needs to grow up, or just be a better person. Regardless, I support a suspension if the NBA wants to enforce one.

Comon man.

Suspended?

This is the way men in talk to each other in private. I'm sure it happens on the court all the time.

If he said the F word (the other one) or Queer, or something like that I would be with you.

Getting mad about terms like cock sucker and bitch is pretty ridiculous. Those terms are not meant to be homophobic or sexist at all.

And calling him pale isn't prejudice either.

Idk how expect people to talk **** to each other if you want to censor everything. Not realistic.

I'm with you 100%.

So many folks on RealGM and NBA Reddit are acting like bitch ass snowflakes about this.

Also, as a white dude, calling a dude like Mike pale is not racist or prejudiced. Mike is a pale white dude.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#27 » by MGrand15 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:32 am

Just to make this thread even more ridiculous, Rapaport deleted his side of the conversation. They're messing around with each other. KD challenged him to a fight at 10 AM. They're obviously going over the top. Super immature but definitely not suspension worthy. Definitely not anything like saying the N word or what Meyers Leonard said or using a real homophobic slur.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,236

Post#28 » by Papi_swav » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:34 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:

I'm half way with u relabig3. I mean we can't be THIS sensitive but we also have to call a spade a spade. No offense but there is definitely a double standard when it comes to the black community, they can say whatever they want about whoever they want and don't get any slack for it, this is just where we're at as a society, no offense just calling it like it is. Nobody should be coming at anyone or disrespecting their skin color , period. And nobody should definitely be saying things like "B**** a$$ white boy" on the court and get away with it because we know if the shoe was on the other foot, that person would be cancelled.

As far as him calling him gay or the b word, I mean those are just fighting words and what guys say when arguing, I don't think we should take those words that serious as outsiders. But you are right, KD needs to grow up because this is how 15 year olds act.

I'm Black and I would never use anyone's skin color or sexuality to insult them.

Take KD to task for his own individual behavior. Leave everyone else out of it. The **** is wrong with you?

lol stop it 5, you sound triggered. U know deep down inside I told no lies here and I didn't disrespect anyone like a 15 year old child like u did. U and KD are alike I can see. Didn't Harrell just call Luka a "b*itch a$$ white boy" in the bubble not too long ago? So obviously it isn't just a KD thing. I been on the ball court a million times in my life and I'm also from East NY so I know wtf I'm talking about.
Suwanee
Junior
And1: 174

Post#29 » by Suwanee » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:35 am

So are they gonna meet at Catch Steak at 10 or not? Asking for a friend.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#30 » by therealbig3 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:04 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

What in the **** does ONE BLACK PERSON being a homophobic ass hole have to do with the rest of us or other BLACK people who speak out against social injustice? Why is one person's behavior a reflection on everyone else? See this is that bull ****.

Goddamn dude I was with you 100% on calling KD out for his rhetoric until you pulled this. Both you and Papi_swav can go **** yourselves. Racist pricks.

I think you misunderstood. I actually wasn’t generalizing about the black community.

I was actually trying to call out KD specifically. I’m pretty sure he’s shown support and has made statements about injustices that the black community faces in the past. So I’m calling him a hypocrite for then turning around and using homophobic and sexist language as a means to insult someone else.

Idk how the black community is in general with this kind of stuff. I don’t think there’s a double standard with the entire community...if some black people are being hypocrites, it doesn’t mean all black people are hypocrites. Figured that my issue was with KD specifically and not the black community as a whole was obvious in my post. *shrug*

Honestly, I think there’s a lot of apologist talk from both Nets fans and people that do use this kind of language in their private lives that want to defend their ability to keep using that language, and so I wanted to point out that KD is a huge hypocrite if he has spoken out against racism and social injustice that his own community faces in the past. I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t be cool if someone called him the N word or a dumb monkey, so why is he so freely saying C-sucker and the other C word and bitch? He’s using other marginalized communities as insults.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#31 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:09 am

Regardless that the exchange between he and Rappaport were supposed to be private, it's been made public.

KD should be accounted for, for his role model status among the younger generation, the communities he may have offended, the representation to the Nets and NBA etc....

As an adult, we all get it. I can be full confidence he has no prejudice to the offended communities involved but his exchange will be taken as for one. He lost his cool and should never leave a digital trail like that. It hurts him and not some insignificant person.

He needs to set a better example.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#32 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:11 am

Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:I'm half way with u relabig3. I mean we can't be THIS sensitive but we also have to call a spade a spade. No offense but there is definitely a double standard when it comes to the black community, they can say whatever they want about whoever they want and don't get any slack for it, this is just where we're at as a society, no offense just calling it like it is. Nobody should be coming at anyone or disrespecting their skin color , period. And nobody should definitely be saying things like "B**** a$$ white boy" on the court and get away with it because we know if the shoe was on the other foot, that person would be cancelled.

lol stop it 5, you sound triggered. U know deep down inside I told no lies here and I didn't disrespect anyone like a 15 year old child like u did. U and KD are alike I can see. Didn't Harrell just call Luka a "b*itch a$$ white boy" in the bubble not too long ago? So obviously it isn't just a KD thing. I been on the ball court a million times in my life and I'm also from East NY so I know wtf I'm talking about.

Bro you're sitting here talking a bunch of crap slandering "the black community" at large over the actions of a few. **** out of here with your blanket statement bull ****, prick.

And check your facts, I was one of the 1st people on this board last summer saying Harrell should have been suspended because what he said isn't cool. But the actions of a few people don't give you the right to sit here and judge 42 million people because KD called someone a homophobic slur or Harrell said that dumb racist **** to Luka. That's like me saying all white people are antisemites because Meyers Leonard spit out the K word during a video game stream. I wouldn't do that because I know the actions of one person don't add up to everyone else's behavior. Are you stupid?

The only one childish is your dumb racist ass for even pulling this. I'm glad you and the other ass hole chose to use this as an opportunity to show your true colors.

therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#33 » by therealbig3 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:22 am

I think people saying "this was a private conversation that someone else made public" don't get that's not a legit excuse.

Kobe was caught on air saying the F word about a ref, that became a big deal, and he had to publicly apologize for it. He intended that to be private too, but the cameras and mics caught him. Don't be doing that stuff in private, and it won't ever become public. And KD is a role model that people do look up to, he needs to set a much better example.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#34 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:29 am

therealbig3 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:

I think you misunderstood. I actually wasn’t generalizing about the black community.

I was actually trying to call out KD specifically. I’m pretty sure he’s shown support and has made statements about injustices that the black community faces in the past. So I’m calling him a hypocrite for then turning around and using homophobic and sexist language as a means to insult someone else.

Idk how the black community is in general with this kind of stuff. I don’t think there’s a double standard with the entire community...if some black people are being hypocrites, it doesn’t mean all black people are hypocrites. Figured that my issue was with KD specifically and not the black community as a whole was obvious in my post. *shrug*

Honestly, I think there’s a lot of apologist talk from both Nets fans and people that do use this kind of language in their private lives that want to defend their ability to keep using that language, and so I wanted to point out that KD is a huge hypocrite if he has spoken out against racism and social injustice that his own community faces in the past. I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t be cool if someone called him the N word or a dumb monkey, so why is he so freely saying C-sucker and the other C word and bitch? He’s using other marginalized communities as insults.

What does KD's ignorance and homophobic rhetoric have to do with Black men speaking out against social issues though, what led you to even going there? What does one have to do with the other? You could easily take KD to task for homophobic and misogynist rhetoric without making some sweeping generalization. KD isn't even at the forefront of any of the social justice stuff and you can clearly see why. I could see if it was Kyrie, Chris Paul, or someone like Jaylen Brown, but KD? Nah.

But I constantly see this kind of crap on here, an NBA player does something (like say, LeBron being mum about China) and someone non Black uses that as an attempt to passive aggressively discredit Black people speaking out against social injustice. You're not slick bro.

And I'm not an apologist for KD's behavior, I didn't even realize how awful he was being until you pointed it out because I just glanced over it thinking KD was just being a troll, but dude went completely out of bounds. Personally, I don't use that rhetoric, nor do I view it as "locker room talk", I condemn it because homophobia gets people killed, especially Black people in the LGBTQA community at an alarming rate. It's not cool, it will never be cool. But you trying to use this as an opportunity to somehow discredit Black ppl speaking out is garbage that isn't a rare occurrence on RealGm or other social media NBA circles.

sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#35 » by sashaturiaf » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:30 am

Hey it's not a good look for KD but I also have issues with people getting punished for what they say in private conversations. The man's got a right to have a place to vent. He lost his cool and started talking some mad ****. It happens.

If we end up getting people punished because private convos were leaked that's setting a dangerous precedent and smelling a lot like Stalin's USSR and Mao's China to me. And from a basketball standpoint what's to stop people from blackmailing NBA players during a playoff series. Pretty convenient way to take out a teams star I think.

Think we need to have KD attend a few meditation/cultural sensitivity classes facilitated by Kyrie. That is one enlightened dude lol.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#36 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:37 am

MGrand15 wrote:Just to make this thread even more ridiculous, Rapaport deleted his side of the conversation. They're messing around with each other. KD challenged him to a fight at 10 AM. They're obviously going over the top. Super immature but definitely not suspension worthy. Definitely not anything like saying the N word or what Meyers Leonard said or using a real homophobic slur.

I'm not giving KD a pass here and he will reap what he has sowed if Adam Silver decides to come down on him. However, Rappaport is a tool who clearly decided to throw a grenade in public and it was obvious from the start .

I would have preferred not to know about any of this.

sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#37 » by sashaturiaf » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:41 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:Just to make this thread even more ridiculous, Rapaport deleted his side of the conversation. They're messing around with each other. KD challenged him to a fight at 10 AM. They're obviously going over the top. Super immature but definitely not suspension worthy. Definitely not anything like saying the N word or what Meyers Leonard said or using a real homophobic slur.

I'm not giving KD a pass here and he will reap what he has sowed if Adam Silver decides to come down on him. However, Rappaport is a tool who clearly decided to throw a grenade in public and it was obvious from the start .

Agreed. While entertaining it's an unneeded distraction to the season. Can't imagine Nash is too happy with this, like there isn't enough drama following the team as is.

But it's squarely on Rapoport. Why you gotta share a private convo like that. KD didn't ask for none of this.
Brofessor24
Sixth Man

Post#38 » by Brofessor24 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:43 am

KD didn't say anything homophobic or prejudiced lol.

Some of y'all need to quit acting like snowflakes.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#39 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:44 am

sashaturiaf wrote:Hey it's not a good look for KD but I also have issues with people getting punished for what they say in private conversations. The man's got a right to have a place to vent. He lost his cool and started talking some mad ****. It happens.

If we end up getting people punished because private convos were leaked that's setting a dangerous precedent and smelling a lot like Stalin's USSR and Mao's China to me. And from a basketball standpoint what's to stop people from blackmailing NBA players during a playoff series. Pretty convenient way to take out a teams star I think.

Think we need to have KD attend a few meditation/cultural sensitivity classes facilitated by Kyrie. That is one enlightened dude lol.

I mean, it already happened with Donald Sterling, but in that instance it just basically proved that he was a racist, which was not a well kept secret to anyone that followed the league.

However, I don't think that the idea that public figures saying awful things in private conversations on social media will warrant a pass in this day and age. If you write something to someone that is inflammatory or uses slurs or rhetoric like that, you put yourself at risk. If I go on Facebook and go on a homophobic rampage, and someone screen caps it and sends it to my employer, my ass is getting cooked. I see no difference here.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#40 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:50 am

sashaturiaf wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Agreed. While entertaining it's an unneeded distraction to the season. Can't imagine Nash is too happy with this, like there isn't enough drama following the team as is.

But it's squarely on Rapoport. Why you gotta share a private convo like that. KD didn't ask for none of this.

Yep. Now the team will have to answer questions about homophobic rhetoric instead of basketball. Durant has had some lapses of judgement this season in terms of violating covid protocol, and now this. I don't expect perfection out of anyone, so I would hope that KD will come out and apologize about what he said and denounce homophobia and misogyny (even though to me personally, calling a man a "bitch" is fine, just don't call or refer to a woman as that. However, I can't define what offends someone when I'm not a member of that group.), but I think the least that we can ask for is some common sense.

Don't hit send on anything that will land you in hot water.

Return to Brooklyn Nets