ImageImageImageImageImage

Malika Andrews

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Whiskey Slick
Senior
Posts: 567
And1: 205
Joined: Jan 17, 2021
       

Malika Andrews 

Post#1 » by Whiskey Slick » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:43 am

I think she's one of the best NBA beat reporters in the league and I'm glad she covers the Nets beat. Nobodies perfect, but so far I can't recall her asking a stupid question in the post game pressers. In fact she almost always asks the questions I wish I could ask if I covered the team. Last but not least, DAY-UM!! :o

That is one seriously beautiful woman. When I was younger and in my prime I had a confidence bordering on the absurd, and I swear I would have sent her a DM/Pic and asked her out on a date (as a perfect gentleman).

She almost definitely would have told me to GET LOST, but I would have tried. :D
WHERE BROOKLYN AT? 8-)

ON A QUEST TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP. :nod:
ecuhus1981
RealGM
Posts: 15,370
And1: 864
Joined: Jun 19, 2007
       

Re: Malika Andrews 

Post#2 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:27 am

Yeah, I've been consistently impressed by the informed, incisive nature of her questions. I get the impression that the team and coaching staff feels the same way, she's a great journalist.

And yes, smoke show.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
sashaturiaf
Senior
Posts: 648
And1: 678
Joined: Jan 18, 2021
 

Re: Malika Andrews 

Post#3 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:04 am

This team has some of the best ancillary staff around. I know it's in a major city but you can't take this stuff for granted.

One of the best play by play teams, great music in that cutaway to commercials, great front office, best realgm board, stacked coaching staff, one of the best city edition jerseys year in year out, now I don't live in Brooklyn but I'd imagine even the stadium food would be amazing. Can someone confirm.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 37,728
And1: 14,617
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Malika Andrews 

Post#4 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 1, 2021 11:17 am

She asks some great questions during the player pressers. She's one of the few ESPN figures that I actually like as well most likely because she sticks to objective reporting.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 37,728
And1: 14,617
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Malika Andrews 

Post#5 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:04 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:This team has some of the best ancillary staff around. I know it's in a major city but you can't take this stuff for granted.

One of the best play by play teams, great music in that cutaway to commercials, great front office, best realgm board, stacked coaching staff, one of the best city edition jerseys year in year out, now I don't live in Brooklyn but I'd imagine even the stadium food would be amazing. Can someone confirm.


Barclay's food is top notch. Eating in the basement buffet (next to the underground basketball court) is one of my top 5 dining experiences of all time. Amazing food and staff. I ate like a pig before a Nets/Sixers game and then ended up sitting in the same row as Ben Simmons' parents
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 38,404
And1: 12,682
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Malika Andrews 

Post#6 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:05 pm

Whiskey Slick wrote:I think she's one of the best NBA beat reporters in the league and I'm glad she covers the Nets beat. Nobodies perfect, but so far I can't recall her asking a stupid question in the post game pressers. In fact she almost always asks the questions I wish I could ask if I covered the team. Last but not least, DAY-UM!! :o

That is one seriously beautiful woman. When I was younger and in my prime I had a confidence bordering on the absurd, and I swear I would have sent her DM/Pic and asked her out on a date (as a perfect gentleman).

She almost definitely would have told me to GET LOST, but I would have tried. :D



Image

Yup... gorgeous.

She knows her stuff and she is fair to the players. And she isnt out their like doris burke just asking fluff questions like "whats it feel like to hit a big shot" I think there is a reason she is the only media person Kyrie will give the time of day to and its not just because she is easy on the eyes.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 38,404
And1: 12,682
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Malika Andrews 

Post#7 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:06 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:This team has some of the best ancillary staff around. I know it's in a major city but you can't take this stuff for granted.

One of the best play by play teams, great music in that cutaway to commercials, great front office, best realgm board, stacked coaching staff, one of the best city edition jerseys year in year out, now I don't live in Brooklyn but I'd imagine even the stadium food would be amazing. Can someone confirm.


The food isnt only great, but the ordering via app and having it sent to your seat is pretty fantastic also
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 38,404
And1: 12,682
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Malika Andrews 

Post#8 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:08 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:This team has some of the best ancillary staff around. I know it's in a major city but you can't take this stuff for granted.

One of the best play by play teams, great music in that cutaway to commercials, great front office, best realgm board, stacked coaching staff, one of the best city edition jerseys year in year out, now I don't live in Brooklyn but I'd imagine even the stadium food would be amazing. Can someone confirm.


Barclay's food is top notch. Eating in the basement buffet (next to the underground basketball court) is one of my top 5 dining experiences of all time. Amazing food and staff. I ate like a pig before a Nets/Sixers game and then ended up sitting in the same row as Ben Simmons' parents


wait what. underground court? buffet? how did i not know of these things. details please.

also, here is some of the food for those who havent been

https://www.barclayscenter.com/center-info/dining
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 37,728
And1: 14,617
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Malika Andrews 

Post#9 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:39 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:This team has some of the best ancillary staff around. I know it's in a major city but you can't take this stuff for granted.

One of the best play by play teams, great music in that cutaway to commercials, great front office, best realgm board, stacked coaching staff, one of the best city edition jerseys year in year out, now I don't live in Brooklyn but I'd imagine even the stadium food would be amazing. Can someone confirm.


Barclay's food is top notch. Eating in the basement buffet (next to the underground basketball court) is one of my top 5 dining experiences of all time. Amazing food and staff. I ate like a pig before a Nets/Sixers game and then ended up sitting in the same row as Ben Simmons' parents


wait what. underground court? buffet? how did i not know of these things. details please.

also, here is some of the food for those who havent been

https://www.barclayscenter.com/center-info/dining


The Qatar Airways club is beneath the arena, the food is GOD tier. All kinds of options from Italian, burgers, Asian cuisine you name it. All you can eat. I have no clue how my boy scored access but it came with the tickets, once we got there they directed us to an elevator which takes you underground. They even give you popcorn boxes to take with you up to the arena when you leave.

barclayscenter.com/dining/detail/qatar-airways-club

Right next to the buffet is a basket ball court where they let you shoot around.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 38,404
And1: 12,682
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Malika Andrews 

Post#10 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:41 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Barclay's food is top notch. Eating in the basement buffet (next to the underground basketball court) is one of my top 5 dining experiences of all time. Amazing food and staff. I ate like a pig before a Nets/Sixers game and then ended up sitting in the same row as Ben Simmons' parents


wait what. underground court? buffet? how did i not know of these things. details please.

also, here is some of the food for those who havent been

https://www.barclayscenter.com/center-info/dining


The Qatar Airways club is beneath the arena, the food is GOD tier. All kinds of options from Italian, burgers, Asian cuisine you name it. All you can eat. I have no clue how my boy scored access but it came with the tickets, once we got there they directed us to an elevator which takes you underground. They even give you popcorn boxes to take with you up to the arena when you leave.

barclayscenter.com/dining/detail/qatar-airways-club

Right next to the buffet is a basket ball court where they let you shoot around.


thanks bro. will need to check that out
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 37,728
And1: 14,617
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Malika Andrews 

Post#11 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:46 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Whiskey Slick wrote:I think she's one of the best NBA beat reporters in the league and I'm glad she covers the Nets beat. Nobodies perfect, but so far I can't recall her asking a stupid question in the post game pressers. In fact she almost always asks the questions I wish I could ask if I covered the team. Last but not least, DAY-UM!! :o

That is one seriously beautiful woman. When I was younger and in my prime I had a confidence bordering on the absurd, and I swear I would have sent her DM/Pic and asked her out on a date (as a perfect gentleman).

She almost definitely would have told me to GET LOST, but I would have tried. :D



Image

Yup... gorgeous.

She knows her stuff and she is fair to the players. And she isnt out their like doris burke just asking fluff questions like "whats it feel like to hit a big shot" I think there is a reason she is the only media person Kyrie will give the time of day to and its not just because she is easy on the eyes.


Yeah she asks fair but pertinent questions and doesn't try bait them into "gotcha" answers for headlines. She gets Kyrie to open up a lot during his pressers, where you get some answers that make you say, yeah the guy is eccentric but it's not coming from a bad place at all.

Her beauty is secondary to her professionalism. She's a legit sports journalist, it's just unfortunate that her employer thrives off of sensationalism and drama for click bait.
Whiskey Slick
Senior
Posts: 567
And1: 205
Joined: Jan 17, 2021
       

Re: Malika Andrews 

Post#12 » by Whiskey Slick » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:59 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Whiskey Slick wrote:I think she's one of the best NBA beat reporters in the league and I'm glad she covers the Nets beat. Nobodies perfect, but so far I can't recall her asking a stupid question in the post game pressers. In fact she almost always asks the questions I wish I could ask if I covered the team. Last but not least, DAY-UM!! :o

That is one seriously beautiful woman. When I was younger and in my prime I had a confidence bordering on the absurd, and I swear I would have sent her DM/Pic and asked her out on a date (as a perfect gentleman).

She almost definitely would have told me to GET LOST, but I would have tried. :D



Image

Yup... gorgeous.

She knows her stuff and she is fair to the players. And she isnt out their like doris burke just asking fluff questions like "whats it feel like to hit a big shot" I think there is a reason she is the only media person Kyrie will give the time of day to and its not just because she is easy on the eyes.

Notice how modest she dresses too. Compared to the way most young women dress nowadays, especially if they got it going on like she does, she's like an anachronism from another era that's come and gone. I personally like that about her and think it makes her stand out among the crowd as even more beautiful. As for her professionalism and the kinds of thoughtful, non gotcha questions she asks, but instead questions to elicit interesting responses which is supposed to be the point of journalism, at least it used to be, I can't emphasize enough how glad I am she's practically on the Nets beat.
WHERE BROOKLYN AT? 8-)

ON A QUEST TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP. :nod:

Return to Brooklyn Nets