ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Hornets @ The Evil Empire (Nets) - Thursday, 04/01/21 | 7:30pm | TNT & YES

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 38,404
And1: 12,682
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: GT: Hornets @ The Evil Empire (Nets) - Thursday, 04/01/21 | 7:30pm | TNT & YES 

Post#161 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 2, 2021 5:11 am

Papi_swav wrote:Dude what the hell are u talking about taking cheap shots at u ? You literally comment on every post I make after a game, LITERALLY. And you always nit pick on any little thing. You sir are very delusional :lol: . I rarely comment on your crap because I know your always wrong and there will be even more egg on your face. You are crazy, I'm obsessed with u ? lmfaoooo bro I'm really dying over here :lol: you wish u had my bop chill out. Don't be mad cuz u can't soak the ism homie


Yup... every year. you make cheap shots the second you can. then you cry to the mods and disappear for a month,

I still stand by my comment, I don't see how we lose with all this fire power. Even if u wish Nash was the worst coach ever, we still have DAntoni and Vaughn in his ear so in a 7 games series things will get cleaned up and we will adjust. And if teams take us down to the wire we have 2 clutch guys in KD and Kyrie that isn't scared of the moment. So there's that.


We can obviously win. but if you cant see how we are vulnerable, you are delusional... and well, we already know you are delusional
Papi_swav
Head Coach
Posts: 6,658
And1: 2,670
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: GT: Hornets @ The Evil Empire (Nets) - Thursday, 04/01/21 | 7:30pm | TNT & YES 

Post#162 » by Papi_swav » Fri Apr 2, 2021 5:26 am

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Dude what the hell are u talking about taking cheap shots at u ? You literally comment on every post I make after a game, LITERALLY. And you always nit pick on any little thing. You sir are very delusional :lol: . I rarely comment on your crap because I know your always wrong and there will be even more egg on your face. You are crazy, I'm obsessed with u ? lmfaoooo bro I'm really dying over here :lol: you wish u had my bop chill out. Don't be mad cuz u can't soak the ism homie


Yup... every year. you make cheap shots the second you can. then you cry to the mods and disappear for a month,

I still stand by my comment, I don't see how we lose with all this fire power. Even if u wish Nash was the worst coach ever, we still have DAntoni and Vaughn in his ear so in a 7 games series things will get cleaned up and we will adjust. And if teams take us down to the wire we have 2 clutch guys in KD and Kyrie that isn't scared of the moment. So there's that.


We can obviously win. but if you cant see how we are vulnerable, you are delusional... and well, we already know you are delusional

Bro what are these cheap shots u speak of? You just mad because I shut u down all the time. You try to pick a fight with me then I bite your head off and leave you stuck. tell them why u really mad son. And cry to the mods? Please tell me when and where? please do. You tried to report me one time like a girl so cut it out. I speak facts all the time and u tight cuz I keeps it a stack. You are very delusional bro you need to see somebody. Or lay off the addy

And yea sometimes I disappear because I have important things to do in the real world. Like a job and a business to run and family. I don't always have time to be on here arguing with u because I know this is a hobby of yours trying to pick a fight with ppl over the internet. Now you're calling me delusional lol. I'm pretty sure 99% of the guys in this thread knows who the delu-lu one here.
NetsJets
Pro Prospect
Posts: 978
And1: 187
Joined: Oct 27, 2015
   

Re: GT: Hornets @ The Evil Empire (Nets) - Thursday, 04/01/21 | 7:30pm | TNT & YES 

Post#163 » by NetsJets » Fri Apr 2, 2021 5:53 am

Nice to have a blow out for once. Aldridge looked good out there.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 38,404
And1: 12,682
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: GT: Hornets @ The Evil Empire (Nets) - Thursday, 04/01/21 | 7:30pm | TNT & YES 

Post#164 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 2, 2021 5:59 am

Papi_swav wrote:Bro what are these cheap shots u speak of? You just mad because I shut u down all the time. You try to pick a fight with me then I bite your head off and leave you stuck. tell them why u really mad son. And cry to the mods? Please tell me when and where? please do. You tried to report me one time like a girl so cut it out. I speak facts all the time and u tight cuz I keeps it a stack. You are very delusional bro you need to see somebody. Or lay off the addy


I reported you for cursing and throwing our profanities after the mods told me to report you isntead of coming at you.

And yea sometimes I disappear because I have important things to do in the real world. Like a job and a business to run and family. I don't always have time to be on here arguing with u because I know this is a hobby of yours trying to pick a fight with ppl over the internet. Now you're calling me delusional lol. I'm pretty sure 99% of the guys in this thread knows who the delu-lu one here.


you leave after taking your cheap shots like always. see you in a month after this one
ecuhus1981
RealGM
Posts: 15,370
And1: 864
Joined: Jun 19, 2007
       

Re: GT: Hornets @ The Evil Empire (Nets) - Thursday, 04/01/21 | 7:30pm | TNT & YES 

Post#165 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 6:02 am

sashaturiaf wrote:LMA boxing out and contesting shots has been a breath of fresh air. Offense also looks refreshed with no Harden ball.

To be fair, Harden himself prefers not to go "Harden ball." He did it out of necessity, and we wouldn't have won as much as we have over the last month without it. Now that we're getting healthier, I think he'll return to the lower-usage, quick-passing, efficient-shooting superstar we saw when he first arrived.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 38,404
And1: 12,682
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: GT: Hornets @ The Evil Empire (Nets) - Thursday, 04/01/21 | 7:30pm | TNT & YES 

Post#166 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 2, 2021 6:24 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:LMA boxing out and contesting shots has been a breath of fresh air. Offense also looks refreshed with no Harden ball.

To be fair, Harden himself prefers not to go "Harden ball." He did it out of necessity, and we wouldn't have won as much as we have over the last month without it. Now that we're getting healthier, I think he'll return to the lower-usage, quick-passing, efficient-shooting superstar we saw when he first arrived.


I'm fine with any style harden plays. its all winning basketball.

i would feel better if his threes fell at even league avg level again. he is 16 of his last 76 from three and shot just 25% in march.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
Posts: 15,370
And1: 864
Joined: Jun 19, 2007
       

Re: GT: Hornets @ The Evil Empire (Nets) - Thursday, 04/01/21 | 7:30pm | TNT & YES 

Post#167 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 6:37 am

Hey guys!

Remember that annoyingly optimistic dude who used to pop up in game threads after losses with a ray of sunshine? You know, the guy who used to say stuff like, "we're 5 missed free throws away from being undefeated at home" (not an actual quote, but you get the drift). Like, we were on the verge of greatness, and his entire message was to chill and enjoy the ride. Now we're there, we're in that nirvana of really really good basketball.

Where did that guy go, I wonder?
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 36,890
And1: 10,286
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

GT: Hornets @ The Evil Empire (Nets) - Thursday, 04/01/21 | 7:30pm | TNT & YES 

Post#168 » by Paradise » Fri Apr 2, 2021 6:46 am

This right HERE is what will sustain our Big 3 for years to come.

Back in 2019:

Brooklyn’s locker room is infrequently very populated during the 90 minutes prior to tip off. When they aren’t drilling on-court warm ups, a large segment of the Nets’ roster is stationed in the team’s adjacent, expansive weight room, squeezing in a lower or upper body lift. A boisterous buffet of salmon, chicken, vegetables and some form of grain is offered in the players’ lounge. In the majority of each wood-panelled locker waits a clear, plastic, 12-ounce cup containing a pinkish fruit concoction. “This team, when it comes to health, when it comes to the training staff, is probably top two or three in the league,” says veteran forward Jared Dudley. “We have the most training staff. Our nutritionist travels with us all the time. When you eat healthy, and you try to stay hydrated with the right vitamins, you gotta have that.”



2021:

Read on Twitter
GTR11
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,473
And1: 1,318
Joined: Jan 17, 2019
   

Re: GT: Hornets @ The Evil Empire (Nets) - Thursday, 04/01/21 | 7:30pm | TNT & YES 

Post#169 » by GTR11 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 6:46 am

Prokorov wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:LMA boxing out and contesting shots has been a breath of fresh air. Offense also looks refreshed with no Harden ball.

To be fair, Harden himself prefers not to go "Harden ball." He did it out of necessity, and we wouldn't have won as much as we have over the last month without it. Now that we're getting healthier, I think he'll return to the lower-usage, quick-passing, efficient-shooting superstar we saw when he first arrived.


I'm fine with any style harden plays. its all winning basketball.

i would feel better if his threes fell at even league avg level again. he is 16 of his last 76 from three and shot just 25% in march.


Prok as a team we shot 24% from 3. Maybe we have to look at what we had to work with and what other teams did.

I'm here with you to not pick. This team is loaded, my friend can we just enjoy the ride.
GTR11
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,473
And1: 1,318
Joined: Jan 17, 2019
   

Re: GT: Hornets @ The Evil Empire (Nets) - Thursday, 04/01/21 | 7:30pm | TNT & YES 

Post#170 » by GTR11 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 6:50 am

https://youtu.be/tFacvMjSR8c

As I said I was ready to throw this game away. Guys I haven't watched LMA much, this guy is a weapon. Them others better watch out.

Now I see why Nash said DJ won't see min. It's damn obvious.
GTR11
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,473
And1: 1,318
Joined: Jan 17, 2019
   

Re: GT: Hornets @ The Evil Empire (Nets) - Thursday, 04/01/21 | 7:30pm | TNT & YES 

Post#171 » by GTR11 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 6:52 am

Now I get why they threw tantrums and meltdowns. This guy still can play, now if we can use him right way...omg.
GTR11
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,473
And1: 1,318
Joined: Jan 17, 2019
   

Re: GT: Hornets @ The Evil Empire (Nets) - Thursday, 04/01/21 | 7:30pm | TNT & YES 

Post#172 » by GTR11 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 7:14 am

Just went to see how they felt about the game, just to see another perspective.

euphorbus wrote:You guys are right, because the wrong Hornets are shooting the ball and team is coming apart.

Kick Kyrie in the balls for that clowning on the sidelines.


Didn't go past that comment. Lmao entire League is on notice.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Bring the anthem on.
User avatar
LOUiS-D
Analyst
Posts: 3,622
And1: 1,518
Joined: Jan 19, 2006
Location: melbourne, australia
 

Re: GT: Hornets @ The Evil Empire (Nets) - Thursday, 04/01/21 | 7:30pm | TNT & YES 

Post#173 » by LOUiS-D » Fri Apr 2, 2021 9:07 am

Paradise wrote:
LOUiS-D wrote:I'm good for avatars rn, if I make a sweet steve nash villians is someone gonna wear it?

Yes definitely.

Image
Image
Google 'Karate Basketball' or click HERE to play 1-4 local multiplayer natural shooting motion madness for FREE
User avatar
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
Posts: 33,981
And1: 11,810
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
       

Re: GT: Hornets @ The Evil Empire (Nets) - Thursday, 04/01/21 | 7:30pm | TNT & YES 

Post#174 » by Rich Rane » Fri Apr 2, 2021 10:06 am

Mood watching the game this morning:
Read on Twitter
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 37,728
And1: 14,617
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: GT: Hornets @ The Evil Empire (Nets) - Thursday, 04/01/21 | 7:30pm | TNT & YES 

Post#175 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 2, 2021 10:31 am

Prokorov wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:LMA boxing out and contesting shots has been a breath of fresh air. Offense also looks refreshed with no Harden ball.

To be fair, Harden himself prefers not to go "Harden ball." He did it out of necessity, and we wouldn't have won as much as we have over the last month without it. Now that we're getting healthier, I think he'll return to the lower-usage, quick-passing, efficient-shooting superstar we saw when he first arrived.


I'm fine with any style harden plays. its all winning basketball.

i would feel better if his threes fell at even league avg level again. he is 16 of his last 76 from three and shot just 25% in march.


His efficiency should uptick once we have the full squad together again and he can focus on racking up dimes instead of having to post 40 point triple doubles to net a 4 point win.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 37,728
And1: 14,617
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: GT: Hornets @ The Evil Empire (Nets) - Thursday, 04/01/21 | 7:30pm | TNT & YES 

Post#176 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 2, 2021 10:33 am

LOUiS-D wrote:
Paradise wrote:
LOUiS-D wrote:I'm good for avatars rn, if I make a sweet steve nash villians is someone gonna wear it?

Yes definitely.

Image


Nice one :lol:

Offer still stands bud I'll hit you off with some cash for an avi or sig that reps how evil we are now.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 37,728
And1: 14,617
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: GT: Hornets @ The Evil Empire (Nets) - Thursday, 04/01/21 | 7:30pm | TNT & YES 

Post#177 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 2, 2021 10:40 am

Paradise wrote:Nash confirmed DJ has been demoted to the “Stay Ready” group.


Feels like the season just started lol


DJ now more than ever needs to keep his attitude positive, work hard in practice and in the gym and the next time his number gets called, come in and play hard.

It's his own fault that he got benched. Nash had to get in his ass in public and Harden has had to talk to him way too much for my liking. The last game his effort was putrid.

He can stay, be a good vet and help or maybe KD and Kyrie need to have a talk with him. I don't hate the guy but he did this to himself.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 37,728
And1: 14,617
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: GT: Hornets @ The Evil Empire (Nets) - Thursday, 04/01/21 | 7:30pm | TNT & YES 

Post#178 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 2, 2021 10:51 am

Prokorov wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:Things that I’ve heard from a particular poster, followed by the reality:

-Blake is a corpse, terrible defensively, will barely contribute...has been very good on both ends of the court and has added additional versatility to our lineups


Blake has been solid offensively in limited action. as i said, his ability to hit the 3 will decide whether he plays over jeff green when KD returns. his charges are a nice surprise, but overall on D hes been an immobile slug.

-Aldridge is a corpse, makes Blake look like Wilt, one of the worst defensive players in the league, shouldn’t play except for blowouts...posts a near double double in his first game with us, and had a serious defensive impact for us, helping us hold the opponent to 11 points in the 1st quarter


11 points on 10 shots in a blowout isnt something to beat your chest about. did nothing on defense but stand there like an immobile statue. this is a perfect display of what to worry about as far as mobility. We know that the offensive beast known as biyombo couldnt dominate him. not exactly a huge feat
-DJ is still a really good role player, way better than Griffin or Aldridge, should definitely get more minutes than at least Aldridge...DNP today and we didn’t miss a beat, and Aldridge had a better game than like 90% of DJ’s games this year


DJ is a really good role player and nearly every game he had this year has been better on both ends then what Aldridge did tonight. him being out of the rotation is due to nash being a moron. we will need his rim running and shot blocking in the playoffs.
-Nash is an awful coach that can’t coach a kindergarten team who is directly responsible for bad things that happen, and even when we do well, it’s in spite of him, easily the worst coach in the league...well:


Nash is the worst coach in the league and he proves it every game.


Prok LMA was disruptive at the rim defensively and on offense he added a new layer to what we could do with his ability to shoot and score in the paint. He was drawing double teams and moving the ball crisply to open shooters. You can't down play what he showed us last night, and it was a lot more than what we have seen from Jordan as of late.
User avatar
HardenGoat
Sophomore
Posts: 178
And1: 60
Joined: Jan 18, 2021
       

Re: GT: Hornets @ The Evil Empire (Nets) - Thursday, 04/01/21 | 7:30pm | TNT & YES 

Post#179 » by HardenGoat » Fri Apr 2, 2021 11:36 am

Hardens 3 point efficiency drops when he needs rest. The hamstring “tightness” is the gauge in red.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 29,104
And1: 3,897
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
 

Re: GT: Hornets @ The Evil Empire (Nets) - Thursday, 04/01/21 | 7:30pm | TNT & YES 

Post#180 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Apr 2, 2021 12:13 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:I wonder if LMA was promised the starting gig and why he signed.


I seriously doubt they would promise that.

It was obvious DJ was awful last game and he probably looked good in practice.

I dunno.. he seemingly could have had a big role in Miami while many thought his role could be limited here. then right out the gate Nash and LMA both talking about him starting.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.

Return to Brooklyn Nets