Great Game... Gotta love a win against the Knicks. NBA was fools not to have Knicks/Nets on Christmas. Celtics are not a rivalry. My thoughts:
1) Kyrie willed us to this win. but he had help. some big plays from Uncle Jeff and Joe with some big buckets late especially that put back
2) Claxton turned this game big time with his defense. We went on a 14-2 run, most of it without Kyrie, cause claxton was blocking shots, forcing misses, and getting us in transition. He needs to play more. 16 minutes tonight with blake out but sitll not enough. he has an impact on the game whether he is scoring or not. He can guard anyone 1 through 5.
3) I get we have injuries, but TLC should never ever ever ever play 32 minutes. and if TLC double claxtons minutes again i may legit lose it. Give those minutes to literally anyone else. Alize, Claxton, Chiozza, Perry, hell give amare or vaughn a uniform and thats better.
4) LMA is a role player and we need to start treating him like such. 8-10 points on 8-10 shots with less then mediocure defense and 1 three or less per game isnt worth 30 minutes a game. Blake i think warrants some big minutes at times but LMA needs to be reserved for backup floor spacing. He has been ok, im not trashing him... its more of a nash issue then a LMA issue. swap LMA and Claxtons minutes and im good.
5) Props to Chiozza. guy had like 50 DNP-CDs in a row then steps in and gives solid play on both ends. way to be ready.
One thing that really annoyed me for an otherwise amazing night/win was this... we are up by 3. there are 32 seconds left. what are the 2 things you cant do:
-Allow a 3PT attempt
-Foul on a 3PT attempt
What do we do? let them walk right into an open three. that simply cant happen.
but whatever. we smashed the knicks