ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Pelicans @ Nets: Wed. 4/7/21 - 7:30 PM ET - YES2 & ESPN - KD is Back!

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

andrewww
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Re: GT: Pelicans @ Nets: Wed. 4/7/21 - 7:30 PM ET - YES2 & ESPN - KD is Back! 

Post#221 » by andrewww » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:07 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
1/2 the lineups we throw out are death linups :lol:

Yeah they are. I know it was the Pelicans, but you saw how ugly it got when KD entered the game. All of a sudden the ball was popping all over the place and defenses were scrambling leaving guys open for easy shots. Guys like Bruce Brown and LMA will feast like Lions in the Serengeti based on the holes KD opens up. The offense went from 90mph to 170mph as soon as he touched the floor. And this is without Harden.

The ball movement was sex in motion. Can't believe how open Joe was getting on some of those plays..

The guys are all so high IQ, could anyone tell that was the first time KD had played with a bunch of the guys out there?

I could not believe how wide open Kyrie and Harris were on multiple instances last night.

I also noticed Nash realized at one point there were too many scorers and I think he got it right by mixing in Green/Claxton/Brown with the appropriate lineups.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#222 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:26 pm

GTR11 wrote:
See this exactly what I said with putting numbers towards your narrative. Let's just take last two games so you can see ( and few others out there ) how inconsistent he is and how it all depends on match ups.

You can cherry pick 2 games and make anyone look bad. Green has been as consistent a shooter as pretty much anyone on the team.

Jeff vs Nix 2-7 from 3 and haven't made one in a 2nd half. Good thing he realized the fact he wasn't making those shots and was taking it to the basket. Luckily Randle is bad defender and we got away with it.

Jeff vs NOP 2-4 from 3 both with big lead already established ( you think it didn't play any role? ).

Hold on, Jeff shoots 50% from three, and you going to criticize him for that because we were winning by alot? that is absurd.

Plain simple, teams will game plan and cheat with Green as a shooter, they will never dare to do that with Joe. Joe moving without the ball and shifting defense from side to side is also what you ignore completely. Joe is a + defender and with different line ups throughout the season. You don't fix whats not broken just because you favor certain line ups. This team is such a force with Joe because it provides spacing and allows our star power to do its damage.

I've been on board with your opinions this year a lot, you have plenty of good points. Just can't agree with you here Prok.

We dont need joe for spacing. we have FIVE guys shooting 38-40% or better from three without him on the floor. No one is a bigger Joe Harris fan then me. on one. He is the best floor spacer we have and elite shooter from all angles, spots and situaitons. but this isnt the bucks spacing it for giannis.

We have THREE elite 3-level scorers. a guy cheating off green isnt covering all 3 of them. and Green has made teams pay for cheating off him anyone

no one is bumping harris from the rotation. but i can see the value in starting games with a better defender while joe still gets his 30 minutes.

If you start slow offensively you can bring joe in. if you start slow defensively you cant take those points off the board.

If Joe Harris was not a member of this team we would still have elite spacing and be the greatest most efficient offense of all-time. obviously he helps. he makes us better. he is one of our best players. but its not like without him we lose spacing or are not a jaggernaut on offense
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#223 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:28 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:Favorite stat from last night - it's the first time Zion has shot under 50% in a game since February 2nd. So a solid 2 months where he's been tearing up the league shooting better than Shaq on high volume and we limit him to 33% and very limited impact.

People can keep believing were still a bad defense but it's no longer the case. Claxton and LMA in the middle gives 2 different looks, that versatility is huge.

Blake taking charges is low-key some sneaky rim protection too. we lacked that
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#224 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:40 pm

Looking at the schedule, after LA/Minny the schedule starts to get tough...

Philly, miami, boston, suns twice, bucks twice, nuggets, pacers...

that stretch should help shake out who is in the playoff rotation.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#225 » by GTR11 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 7:52 am

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
See this exactly what I said with putting numbers towards your narrative. Let's just take last two games so you can see ( and few others out there ) how inconsistent he is and how it all depends on match ups.

You can cherry pick 2 games and make anyone look bad. Green has been as consistent a shooter as pretty much anyone on the team.

Jeff vs Nix 2-7 from 3 and haven't made one in a 2nd half. Good thing he realized the fact he wasn't making those shots and was taking it to the basket. Luckily Randle is bad defender and we got away with it.

Jeff vs NOP 2-4 from 3 both with big lead already established ( you think it didn't play any role? ).

Hold on, Jeff shoots 50% from three, and you going to criticize him for that because we were winning by alot? that is absurd.

Plain simple, teams will game plan and cheat with Green as a shooter, they will never dare to do that with Joe. Joe moving without the ball and shifting defense from side to side is also what you ignore completely. Joe is a + defender and with different line ups throughout the season. You don't fix whats not broken just because you favor certain line ups. This team is such a force with Joe because it provides spacing and allows our star power to do its damage.

I've been on board with your opinions this year a lot, you have plenty of good points. Just can't agree with you here Prok.

We dont need joe for spacing. we have FIVE guys shooting 38-40% or better from three without him on the floor. No one is a bigger Joe Harris fan then me. on one. He is the best floor spacer we have and elite shooter from all angles, spots and situaitons. but this isnt the bucks spacing it for giannis.

We have THREE elite 3-level scorers. a guy cheating off green isnt covering all 3 of them. and Green has made teams pay for cheating off him anyone

no one is bumping harris from the rotation. but i can see the value in starting games with a better defender while joe still gets his 30 minutes.

If you start slow offensively you can bring joe in. if you start slow defensively you cant take those points off the board.

If Joe Harris was not a member of this team we would still have elite spacing and be the greatest most efficient offense of all-time. obviously he helps. he makes us better. he is one of our best players. but its not like without him we lose spacing or are not a jaggernaut on offense

Ok we will find out, as of right now we have privilege to speculate but time is running out. As you noticed we'll get several contenders that we can measure up to.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,864

Post#226 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:40 pm

Prokorov wrote:Looking at the schedule, after LA/Minny the schedule starts to get tough...

Philly, miami, boston, suns twice, bucks twice, nuggets, pacers...

that stretch should help shake out who is in the playoff rotation.

Good. We need those kind of games for playoff prep. The Nets will rise to the challenge.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,068

Post#227 » by therealbig3 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 5:46 pm

I do think LMA is pretty crappy at finishing around the rim though, if I have to nitpick, and it's something that might be an issue down the line. He's blown so many bunnies, and instead of just finishing, he flails for contact and tries to sell a foul, and ends up bricking a point blank shot. Probably because he has no lift and it's likely getting blocked if he doesn't do some crazy contortion and flail and hunt for a foul.

I still think he's an excellent role player to have and I would take him over DJ for sure, but he's definitely more of a threat from 15+ feet than he is from 5 feet in.
HardenGoat
Analyst
And1: 2,445

Post#228 » by HardenGoat » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:47 am

Pretty telling that pelicans just beat full strength 76ers. Zion dominated them but we are the ones with a “crappy” defense. I know Ingram was out our game but he was not the reason they won today. Embiid can be stopped he runs out of gas which is more evident in playoffs when he can be game planned for. We now own first place outright!!
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#229 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:17 am

Embiid had a really hot stretch but he was playing at an unsustainable level.

In no way am I convinced that he is as good as LeBron or KD. Going into that series we will still have the 2 best players.
British Bulldog
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#230 » by British Bulldog » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:33 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Embiid had a really hot stretch but he was playing at an unsustainable level.

In no way am I convinced that he is as good as LeBron or KD. Going into that series we will still have the 2 best players.

I caught the PHI @ NOP game last night? ( Sorry I’m on London time lol!! ). Embiid really didn’t look like an MVP candidate at any point in the game. And I would concur that he is not yet near the two way level of play that LBJ or KD are.

Contemplating a playoff series against PHI, I objectively feel like we have the far superior talent on the offensive end. ( Disclaimer - providing good health status / no injuries. ) We have so much versatility on offence now. And the team offensive cohesion that we showed against NOP will only continue to improve. Scary stuff...

Return to Brooklyn Nets