ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets @ Wolves 4/13/2021 4:00pm EST (New Start Time)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: GT: Nets @ Wolves 4/13/2021 4:00pm EST (New Start Time) 

Post#181 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:25 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
NetsJets wrote:I don’t see why we don’t try to play to win tomorrow. I can even see KD playing.

KD looked fine and only played 27 minutes.

I would rather play him tomorrow than just give up a game that could help give us HCA in the playoffs.

What good is HCA if it is without durant if he re aggrivates his hamstring?

How important is home court advantage in a season with almost no fans?

Home court advantage doesnt even matter unless a series goes 7 games.

HCA doesnt matter if we dont end up playing philly and they get knocked off again early.

To me, playing KD back to backs in game 3 back from a hamstring to try and win a regular season game so that in the event we play philly in the ECF and it goes 7 games that we have the 1500 fans making minimial noise instead of them.

to me that seems ludacris. Hell if anything its probably a bigger advantage for us to not have our stars vs them so they have no tape/film to make adjustments or game plan us until the time comes.

Priorities should be:
1. healthy KD
2. healthy kd
3. healthy kd
4. healthy kd
99. healthy kd
100. HCA
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#182 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:27 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:If we can get KD, Kyrie and LMA in tomorrow we should do it. It's not like KD had to kill himself today.

Ben Simmons like to talk a lot of trash, he'd better be able to back it up.

What wll you be saying in hindsight if you see a limping KD heading back to the locker room mid 3rd quarter?

Beating philly means nothing if KD/Harden are both out with hamstring issues as they likely would retake the lead in a week.

I'm flabbergasted people are so gung ho about KD playin
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#183 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:28 pm

Whiskey Slick wrote:I wouldn't count on Kyrie being in Philly if I were you guys.

KD, Nash will have to threaten his life to sit him down.

Harden, he's probably in tears over having to miss this game.

LMA, he's a pros pro. If he's physically capable of playing in this battle for 1st Place, he's playing.

Kyrie, OTOH, I heard it might be his second cousins birthday on Wed., and he sure as hell can't miss that.

I hope Kyrie and his cousing get good whether for the outing.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#184 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:28 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
Paradise wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:What did Ben say?

They will get to the finals. “Brooklyn has alot of talent but there is only one ball and you’ve got to play defense, too”

Tough talk from a guy who’s scared to shoot a jumper.

Please destroy them in playoffs

We wont face them. they are losing to boston/miami in round 1 or 2
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#185 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:33 pm

Was excited to see DJ/Claxton get the C minutes to see the difference but it didnt matter since minnesota basically forfeited before the game started and this game had 0 energy. DJ/Clax played well but hard to get excited given the circumstances

I think our offense is 100 times better with a lob/pick and roll threat vs. going 5 out.

The idea of spacing the floor is to give driving lanes to ball handlers. which is great, but whats the point of having elite shooters if you done have a guy who demands helpt and the rim to get those shooters open shots?

We are scoring 115+ either way but it is kind of a waste of harden + elite shooters not to have a rim rolling/finishing big. we 3 shooters and a lob guy harden is getting you a three or a dunk every time. with 5 out your likely just seeing a ton of jump shots from bigs.

I dont have the stats on id but id bet catch and shoot threes for Harris/Shamet/TJ/Kyrie/KD are lower with Aldridge at center then with claxton or DJ.

I like aldridge. i think there is a role for him off the bench when we only have 1 star on the floor and his post ups/pcik and pops make more sense vs. scrubby backup bigs or when teams go small off their bench. Watching LMA go 5-10 on midrange or post ups for 11 points while we have 3 of the most efficient players ever on the floor is just not really warranted offense

KD/Kyrie/KD/Durant are all 60 TS% or more players. Aldridge is 55 TS% this year and 54% for his career although to be fair he has been 61% with the nets in a small sample (Propped up by 1 really great game).

Jordan is 74 TS% and Claxton is 59 TS%. In general your getting 60-70% TS on pick and roll FGA attemps league wide. Unless LMA is going to take alot more threes or get to the FT line alot more on post ups its hard to have him in there over a roll man when we are fully healthy.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#186 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:52 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
NetsJets wrote:I don’t see why we don’t try to play to win tomorrow. I can even see KD playing.

I would rather play him tomorrow than just give up a game that could help give us HCA in the playoffs.

HCA doesnt matter if we dont end up playing philly and they get knocked off again early.

To me, playing KD back to backs in game 3 back from a hamstring to try and win a regular season game so that in the event we play philly in the ECF and it goes 7 games that we have the 1500 fans making minimial noise instead of them.

to me that seems ludacris. Hell if anything its probably a bigger advantage for us to not have our stars vs them so they have no tape/film to make adjustments or game plan us until the time comes.

Priorities should be:
1. healthy KD
2. healthy kd
3. healthy kd
4. healthy kd
99. healthy kd
100. HCA

KD could get injured anyway. Why not just keep him in a glass box till the playoffs?

After months off I think KD should be capable of playing one back to back. If hes not up to it thats fine. But we shouldn't force him.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#187 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:00 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Priorities should be:
1. healthy KD
2. healthy kd
3. healthy kd
4. healthy kd
99. healthy kd
100. HCA

KD could get injured anyway. Why not just keep him in a glass box till the playoffs?

After months off I think KD should be capable of playing one back to back. If hes not up to it thats fine. But we shouldn't force him.

I feel like you are implying "anyone can get hurt at anytime" which is true but this isnt just anyone and this isnt just any time.

This is a superstar, coming off a hamstring injury where he already had a minor setback. Whatever the plan was to rehab him and ramp him back up to full minutes/every game should be stuck too and not changed so that he can play a meaningless regular season game.

Back to backs have shown to have more wear and provide a larger risk to injury as fatigue and injury go hand in hand. Harden felt good to go, look how that went. Hamstrings especially you need to be careful with because tweaking it often means going back to square 1 where you miss another 2-6 weeks.

We have seen guys rushed back to full speed before, including KD and it typically doesnt end well
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#188 » by GTR11 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:38 pm

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:Even if we win by 50, KD shouldn't play tomorrow. KD just missed 2 months. He's still on a minutes limit. No reason to risk anything.

Especially since we have no Harden or Kyrie. It's not like this is a statement game. I don't want to throw away games but KD needs to be 100% for the playoffs. The plan was to build him back slowly and this is only his 3rd game back. He's still in the building stage.

I'm not sure about that. I'd play both KD and Kyrie.

Playing KD makes zero sense. risk his health for a meaingless RS game when the playoffs are around the corner?

Makes a lot of sense:

1- playing for seeding
2- missed a lot of time. Need to get in game shape.
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#189 » by Sharcm1 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:42 am

It’s not the losing to philly that bothers me. It’s the lack of effort. Have some pride and play hard.

Return to Brooklyn Nets