Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Re: Nets @ 76ers | 4.14.2021 @ 7 PM on ESPN/Yes 

Post#201 » by Tomjas » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:06 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
You literally got swept with Daniel Theis guarding Embiid for a series.

I don't care if Embiid averages 30/12 you need offense from somewhere else.

Simmons is an offensive liability who will soon become unplayable in the playoffs. Good luck winning 5 on 4 on offense when we have 3 guys who can erupt for 40 on any given night.

Your supposed elite defense got torched by Kyrie tonight even though he had no help and we shot 20% from 3.

You really have to applaud the job doc has done there. he took a team of loser-attitude prima donna super flawed team with tons of liabilites into a regular season powerhouse. unfortunetly, in the playoffs, all flaws get exposed.

Im just shocked they didnt trade simmons for harden. or add lowry. both moves get them to the finals. harden move wins them a title.

I don't think Houston wanted to trade for Simmons. The offer was made for sure.

Lowry I'm not sure why they didn't do it.

To be honest, Philly is still young and can target the next big star possibly. I wouldn't criticize them for not going all in right now.

Beal would be a huge move they could possibly make this off season.

Beal is fool’s gold for the Sixers

Embiid is 27 and Simmons is 24

Just to put things into perspective

Kyrie won a ring at 24 on the back of LeBron and his biggest achievement since is to sabotage the Celtics

KD needed GSW at 28

Harden has never won and is 32

Sixers core are babies and plays like it A LOT
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,893

Post#202 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:03 am

Tomjas wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
the_process wrote:
The answer to that is no.

The Sixers will likely not even get to BKN in the ECF's. But if you guys want to close the whole ball of wax you will have to be able to defend the Lakers or Clippers. It's a tall task with your defensively challenged roster.

How do you BKN fans see an ECF with Milwaukee going down?

I dont see milwaukee making it that far. I'd expect to see miami or boston.

If we face the bucks i expect a sweep. we are a nightmare matchup for them.

im not worried about defense. when we are focused and it becomes a halfcourt game in the playoffs we will get the stops we need. Just look at all the games this year vs good teams. we have destroyed teams and gotten stops. The clippers cant stop us. we have already seen that twice. and we handled them. Denver? nope. Utah? nope. Pheonix? nope. Clippers? nope.

The Nets know the regular season doesnt matter. its why we lose to bad teams so often

lol

Nets will need to score 150 as they have nobody who can stop Embiid, Giannis, LeBron, AD etc etc etc

Defence matters

No body can stop KD, Kyrie, and Harden. Go back to sleep.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#203 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:04 am

Tomjas wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
You really have to applaud the job doc has done there. he took a team of loser-attitude prima donna super flawed team with tons of liabilites into a regular season powerhouse. unfortunetly, in the playoffs, all flaws get exposed.

Im just shocked they didnt trade simmons for harden. or add lowry. both moves get them to the finals. harden move wins them a title.

To be honest, Philly is still young and can target the next big star possibly. I wouldn't criticize them for not going all in right now.

Kyrie won a ring at 24 on the back of LeBron and his biggest achievement since is to sabotage the Celtics

KD needed GSW at 28

You seem upset. I think the fact that your team almost lost to the Nets 3rd string has you scared.

You should be.

SRM82
Freshman
And1: 16

Post#204 » by SRM82 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:12 pm

I really wanted to play you guys in the Eastern conference finals but I don’t think you guys will make it that far. James Harden has a history of choking in the playoffs, Kevin Durant will likely snap an Achilles heel, or a hamstring , and Kyrie Irving might fall off the end of the earth because we all know it’s flat. Lol

What a collection of knuckleheads on that team - Embiid was about 60% last night he would go for 45 a Night against your pathetic, laughable defense!! But you guys will not make it to the Eastern conference finals.
Lol
British Bulldog
Ballboy

Post#205 » by British Bulldog » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:32 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

KD needed GSW at 28

You seem upset. I think the fact that your team almost lost to the Nets 3rd string has you scared.

You should be.

Haha... love this. You the truth Mr Dollar bills!!
British Bulldog
Ballboy

Post#206 » by British Bulldog » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:40 pm

SRM82 wrote:I really wanted to play you guys in the Eastern conference finals but I don’t think you guys will make it that far. James Harden has a history of choking in the playoffs, Kevin Durant will likely snap an Achilles heel, or a hamstring , and Kyrie Irving might fall off the end of the earth because we all know it’s flat. Lol

What a collection of knuckleheads on that team - Embiid was about 60% last night he would go for 45 a Night against your pathetic, laughable defense!! But you guys will not make it to the Eastern conference finals.
Lol

Please, this post severely smacks of over confidence. The same level of over confidence that seemingly prevents the sixers being a genuine championship threat.

In reality our reserves turned a 22-point fourth quarter deficit into a one-possession game in the final two minutes. Your supposed elite level defence doesn’t look that great....
SRM82
Freshman

Post#207 » by SRM82 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:49 pm

British Bulldog wrote:
SRM82 wrote:I really wanted to play you guys in the Eastern conference finals but I don’t think you guys will make it that far. James Harden has a history of choking in the playoffs, Kevin Durant will likely snap an Achilles heel, or a hamstring , and Kyrie Irving might fall off the end of the earth because we all know it’s flat. Lol

Lol

Please, this post severely smacks of over confidence. The same level of over confidence that seemingly prevents the sixers being a genuine championship threat.

In reality our reserves turned a 22-point fourth quarter deficit into a one-possession game in the final two minutes. Your supposed elite level defence doesn’t look that great....

Please 22 point lead then cruise control. I can’t wait for the Harden choke job again. You can’t honestly believe Kevin Durant‘s Achilles heel, or hamstring is going to last. Could have beat you by 30 plus last night if we kept it going it was men versus boys. Let’s face it your supposed big three — are ALL three knuckleheads.

honestly - I’d rather play you guys than Miami Heat. Miami Heat at least plays defense you guys have no concept of defense nor do you care. I think you’re going out in a sec round. Not trying to be harsh but if you don’t play defense you don’t advance in the NBA playoffs.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#208 » by NetsJets » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:12 pm

I forgot we beat them earlier this year without KD, Kyrie and Dinwiddie and with LeVert leading the way.
British Bulldog
Ballboy

Post#209 » by British Bulldog » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:13 pm

SRM82 wrote:
British Bulldog wrote:

Lol

Please 22 point lead then cruise control. I can’t wait for the Harden choke job again. You can’t honestly believe Kevin Durant‘s Achilles heel, or hamstring is going to last. Could have beat you by 30 plus last night if we kept it going it was men versus boys. Let’s face it your supposed big three — are ALL three knuckleheads.

honestly - I’d rather play you guys than Miami Heat. Miami Heat at least plays defense you guys have no concept of defense nor do you care. I think you’re going out in a sec round. Not trying to be harsh but if you don’t play defense you don’t advance in the NBA playoffs.

You reference the playoffs again, where the game becomes more slower pace, half court offence. How you going to win consistently with a pg with no jumper?!? And Embiid, he has his own injury / choke concerns does he not?

The nets will form like voltron and become far superior as a team unit.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#210 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:44 pm

Lol

:lol: you're scared. You barely beat us with Kyrie and our 3rd string, you know what's coming for you in the playoffs.

keep praying for our players to get hurt, I'm sure with Embiid and Ben's injury histories that won't come back to haunt you, clown

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#211 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:46 pm

SRM82 wrote:
British Bulldog wrote:

Lol

You're praying for injury as your only hope. Good luck getting past the 2nd round when Ben becomes completely useless in the halfcourt.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#212 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:20 pm

Tomjas wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Simmons is an offensive liability who will soon become unplayable in the playoffs. Good luck winning 5 on 4 on offense when we have 3 guys who can erupt for 40 on any given night.

Your supposed elite defense got torched by Kyrie tonight even though he had no help and we shot 20% from 3.

Neither team wanted to trade with the Sixers

Rockets traded Harden for a stale packet of chips rather than deal with Morey

Raptors kept Lowry, he’s now injured, they’re tanking and he’s free to walk in the summer

Great business

Sixers didnt want to part with ben and young players. idiotic non-move.

Not getting lowry ended the sixers season. he was their only chance to get out of the second round.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#213 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:22 pm

Paradise wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
Paradise wrote:Kylie is definitely rubbing off on Nash.

Read on Twitter

I'm failing to see the connection.

What coach responds in a comment section on Instagram with a philosophical quote? Only one guy on this team does it often.

It’s not a slight towards Nash. It just shows how different of a dynamic we are as an overall team.

Kevin Nash

Steve Nash

These are not the same people
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#214 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:24 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

While they are young, i think not going all in is a huge mistake. Embiid is having his best year and has been healthy. same with ben. when your 2 best players have struggled to stay healthy and finally play like stars, you go for it. Lowry is a pending FA, so if it didnt work they could let him walk and use that cap
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#215 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:30 pm

Lol

We are a lock.

"Harden has a history of choking" doesnt matter when you have clutch studs like KD/Kyrie who have crushed it in big moments. james can do the heavy lifting early and let those guys finish.

You seem really shook, and i cant blame you. your team has the best record in the east but the writing is on the wall and its 50/50 you even make it out of the first round and if you do its just another bag beating at the hands of the celtics or heat.

The sixers are just paper tigers. Embiied may score 40+ every game but he will need to score 80+ to give that team a chance playing 4 on 5.

All this talk about the Nets defense but Kyrie + 4th string guys dropped 117 on you. Hell your entire D focused on Kyrie and he dropped like 40/10 on 20 shots. It became VERY clear no one on philly can check Kyrie. which is a problem becase we already knew no one on philly could check KD or Harden.

I find it really odd philly fans are puffing their chests. The nets were laughing and clearly didnt care about this game. Philly treated it like game 7 of the finals and almost lost to a lineup featuring Alize johnson and TLC :lol:
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#216 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:41 pm

SRM82 wrote:Please 22 point lead then cruise control. I can’t wait for the Harden choke job again.

It is funny you bring up Harden "choke jobs" considering...

You can’t honestly believe Kevin Durant‘s Achilles heel, or hamstring is going to last. Could have beat you by 30 plus last night if we kept it going it was men versus boys. Let’s face it your supposed big three — are ALL three knuckleheads.

KD will be just fine... I know you are rooting for him to get hurt, cause thats the level of fans we are dealing with with philly, but the dude is clearly back, dunking on people and playing the best basketball he ever has. plus he wont have to play much in the playoffs since it will be 3 sweeps in the east. Knuckleheads? who cares... those "Knuckleheads" have 3 rings combined.

Nets opponents points per 100: 113.3
Heat opponents pointers per 100: 110.1

Since Claxton returned from injury (Feb 23)

Nets opponents points per 100: 110.7 (12th in the NBA)
Heat opponents pointers per 100: 112.4 (18th in the NBA)

But hey why let facts get in the way of a good rant. its moot anyhow. You will play miami/boston in round 1 or 2 and lose in 5 games.
SRM82
Freshman

Post#217 » by SRM82 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:48 pm

Prokorov wrote:

Lol

We are a lock.

"Harden has a history of choking" doesnt matter when you have clutch studs like KD/Kyrie who have crushed it in big moments. james can do the heavy lifting early and let those guys finish.

You seem really shook, and i cant blame you. your team has the best record in the east but the writing is on the wall and its 50/50 you even make it out of the first round and if you do its just another bag beating at the hands of the celtics or heat.

The sixers are just paper tigers. Embiied may score 40+ every game but he will need to score 80+ to give that team a chance playing 4 on 5.

All this talk about the Nets defense but Kyrie + 4th string guys dropped 117 on you. Hell your entire D focused on Kyrie and he dropped like 40/10 on 20 shots. It became VERY clear no one on philly can check Kyrie. which is a problem becase we already knew no one on philly could check KD or Harden.

I find it really odd philly fans are puffing their chests. The nets were laughing and clearly didnt care about this game. Philly treated it like game 7 of the finals and almost lost to a lineup featuring Alize johnson and TLC :lol:

1 ball

3 knuckle heads Who ALL think they are the number one option

No concepts on how to play defense nor do they try

Good luck

Lol
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#218 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:54 pm

SRM82 wrote:1 ball

Yup and no matter who has that ball, they have a 60+ TS% (Kyrie 62, Harden 62, Harris 67, KD, 66, DJ 75). The nets currently average 118.5 points per possesion and are at 122.1 since harden came aboard. we have a 124.4 when Harden/Kyrie/KD are all on the floor.

Actually, they dont. Harden has embraced the facilitator role, dropped his usage under 30 and is leading the NBA in assists. KD has dominated as an off ball player and kyrie to a score first shooting guard. Trying to take shots at the nets offense is funny given how pathetic Ben simmons is. you guys could have 10 balls and he still couldnt score in the halfcourt

The Nets will likely average 135-145 points in the playoffs. Meanwhile simmons will be out there trying to figureout if he is left or right handed
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#219 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:56 pm

SRM82 wrote:
No concepts on how to play defense nor do they try

Lol

Nets defensive concept. let this guy shoot:

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#220 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:29 pm

Prokorov wrote:
SRM82 wrote:1 ball

Yup and no matter who has that ball, they have a 60+ TS% (Kyrie 62, Harden 62, Harris 67, KD, 66, DJ 75). The nets currently average 118.5 points per possesion and are at 122.1 since harden came aboard. we have a 124.4 when Harden/Kyrie/KD are all on the floor.

Actually, they dont. Harden has embraced the facilitator role, dropped his usage under 30 and is leading the NBA in assists. KD has dominated as an off ball player and kyrie to a score first shooting guard. Trying to take shots at the nets offense is funny given how pathetic Ben simmons is. you guys could have 10 balls and he still couldnt score in the halfcourt

The Nets will likely average 135-145 points in the playoffs. Meanwhile simmons will be out there trying to figureout if he is left or right handed

Don't respond to that idiot anymore, the fact that he's using the "one ball" argument against the Nets when James Harden was out there racking up multiple triple doubles means he doesn't watch any team play besides his boring ass 76ers :lol:

Return to Brooklyn Nets