ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets vs. Hornets | 4.16.2021 @ 7:30 on YES

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Re: Nets vs. Hornets | 4.16.2021 @ 7:30 on YES 

Post#61 » by Sharcm1 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:09 am

We saw again tonight that DJ should not play. He was a -14 tonight. Claxton was a +14. Lol. They started slow again. And the first three possessions by Charlotte were bad defense plays from Jordan. They purposely went after him when he was in the game. He let a guy that never plays for the hornets dominate him. This is why we will miss LA the most. Yes Aldridge brought more offense to the table. But he didn’t have these defense laps where he just stood there and let a guy go by him over and over. Now we are stuck with Jordan again. Smh.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,888

Post#62 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:13 am

Sharcm1 wrote:We saw again tonight that DJ should not play. He was a -14 tonight. Claxton was a +14. Lol. They started slow again. And the first three possessions by Charlotte were bad defense plays from Jordan. They purposely went after him when he was in the game. He let a guy that never plays for the hornets dominate him. This is why we will miss LA the most. Yes Aldridge brought more offense to the table. But he didn’t have these defense laps where he just stood there and let a guy go by him over and over. Now we are stuck with Jordan again. Smh.

We might need to sign another Center to be honest. We don't need much offensively. Just someone who can D up and play hard.

Jordan is really only useful when playing Embiid.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#63 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:25 am

King, Knight, Jester?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,911

Post#64 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:30 am

Whoever just asked KD about Shannon Sharpe in the post game presser needs to be slapped. I'm glad KD didn't answer that. My god..
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#65 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:38 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Whoever just asked KD about Shannon Sharpe in the post game presser needs to be slapped. I'm glad KD didn't answer that. My god..

LOL what did he say?
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#66 » by Prokorov » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:48 am

This game was like eating soap. left a bad taste. blowout win in the end but, alot that was tough to swallow.

Jordan was awful, we can all agree on that. but low key Durant was even worse defensively. standing and watching on 100% of the possesion he was on the floor. offensively he was great. moving and running. but he was either coasting or just DGAF about playing D. ill give him a pass for just coming back from a hamstring.

Claxton should start. what we need more then tough D with the starters is energy. you could start brown for green but that would be short term until harden is back. claxton starting would work all year.

I hated the rotations tonight. not staggered kyrie and durant. Shamet was excellent which helped, but keeping 1 star out there at all teams i think would have made alot more sense.

not much on the adjustment side. we seemed happy to let bridges get open shots and razier score without any trap our double ot get it out of his hands.

Would have loved to see Alize tonight. dude brings it. and we missed effort and energy tonight
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#67 » by Prokorov » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:57 am

Shamet is shooting 40% from three on the year after tonight(39.7 to be exact). Playing pesky defense too.

hope people start to give him his due after killing him early in the year. shooters always come back to the mean over a large sample.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#68 » by DarkXaero » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:58 am

Prokorov wrote:This game was like eating soap. left a bad taste. blowout win in the end but, alot that was tough to swallow.

Jordan was awful, we can all agree on that. but low key Durant was even worse defensively. standing and watching on 100% of the possesion he was on the floor. offensively he was great. moving and running. but he was either coasting or just DGAF about playing D. ill give him a pass for just coming back from a hamstring.

Claxton should start. what we need more then tough D with the starters is energy. you could start brown for green but that would be short term until harden is back. claxton starting would work all year.

I hated the rotations tonight. not staggered kyrie and durant. Shamet was excellent which helped, but keeping 1 star out there at all teams i think would have made alot more sense.

not much on the adjustment side. we seemed happy to let bridges get open shots and razier score without any trap our double ot get it out of his hands.

Would have loved to see Alize tonight. dude brings it. and we missed effort and energy tonight
Not sure which game you watched but the rotations were fine tonight. The bench unit won us this game by stopping the bleeding, looking at the +/- for the bench tells the story. Shamet was +25, Brown was +24, Blake was +22.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#69 » by Prokorov » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:01 am

DarkXaero wrote:
Prokorov wrote:This game was like eating soap. left a bad taste. blowout win in the end but, alot that was tough to swallow.

Not sure which game you watched but the rotations were fine tonight. The bench unit won us this game by stopping the bleeding, looking at the +/- for the bench tells the story. Shamet was +25, Brown was +24, Blake was +22.

Our Bench was great. but with no PG besides Kyrie it would have made alot more sense to stagger KD and Kyrie so one of them was on the floor at all times. Worked out fine vs. charlottes 5th stringers. Blake being out there helps for sure to facilitate the offense. but it didnt make alot of sense to me to go without Ky or KD on the floor. I'm not sure that lineup will work sunday vs miami.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#70 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:56 am

Prokorov wrote:Shamet is shooting 40% from three on the year after tonight(39.7 to be exact). Playing pesky defense too.

hope people start to give him his due after killing him early in the year. shooters always come back to the mean over a large sample.

Shamets improvement has been incredible.

Hes was like 32% for the first couple of months of the season. Now hes all the way back to 40.

Dude has been insane recently. Even better than Harris. If him and Joe both hit their 3s in the playoffs our offense will be next level.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#71 » by Papi_swav » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:31 am

Shamet has definitely stepped it up alot, and what surprises me is that he has pretty good handles. He can also pass and break down the D and get into the lane at times. But I still would rather Bey.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#72 » by therealbig3 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:31 am

Prokorov wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:

Our Bench was great. but with no PG besides Kyrie it would have made alot more sense to stagger KD and Kyrie so one of them was on the floor at all times. Worked out fine vs. charlottes 5th stringers. Blake being out there helps for sure to facilitate the offense. but it didnt make alot of sense to me to go without Ky or KD on the floor. I'm not sure that lineup will work sunday vs miami.

Meh, these are all RS rotations, we're assuming that the big 3 will be available in the playoffs, in which case, it's likely Harden out there while Kyrie and KD rest, and at least 1 of them will be out there at all times. Harden is better than Kyrie and KD at playing with just role players and still producing a great offense, so it's fine.

I really don't think it means anything that he didn't stagger KD and Kyrie in game 56 of the RS when we've got a ton of injuries and the bench was playing great anyway.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#73 » by Whiskey Slick » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:21 am

Paradise wrote: Sean Marks hints to the return of Dinwiddie.

Read on Twitter

From Sean's mouth to Gods ears. :bowdown:

POST SEASON

G Harden | Shamet
G Kyrie | Dinwiddie
F Harris | Brown
F Durant | Green
C Claxton | Griffin

BENCH

TLC
Jordan
Johnson
Alize
Perry
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#74 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:34 am

CalamityX12 wrote:The memo to beat us is being the more physical team

Yup, teams are going to keep pulling that string until we completely dispel the notion that we're soft. It's the common thread in how some pretty awful teams have beaten us this season.

There's one other string, and I'm scared to speak it into existence. I just hope it doesnt rear its ugly had in the playoffs.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,911

Post#75 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:56 am

I really would prefer to start Irving/Brown/Harris/Durant/Claxton until Harden comes back.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
British Bulldog
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#76 » by British Bulldog » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:37 pm

The only concern I had post game was the more than apparent lack of commitment on the defensive end.

If shamet and harris can continue to hit from 3 at a high clip, this really makes playing us scary. And let’s not sleep on what a healthy griffin can still contribute.

Anxious to see if our faults are remedy against MIA.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#77 » by HardenGoat » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:33 pm

Despite the miserable start again this game showed this is going to be an elite team coming into the playoffs. As pointed out Shamet has really stepped up and is the backup guard we can rely on. I knew he was a great shooter but he’s also the spark from the bench that we need and plays hard on defense. Griffin looks like he’s aging in reverse. He’s smart, knows his role, and actually plays good defense which has surprised me. I see him really helping us down the stretch. There is also something special about Alize, he’s a dog in the paint and gritty on defense. We probably won’t see Durant play hard until the playoffs. He is just not going to push it and it’s most noticeable on the defensive end. That doesn’t worry me at all, we will see his greatness later, book it. The other thing is Harden. When he is back he is going to absolutely destroy second units with this bench mob. The shooting and rolling weapons he will have are like a starting unit for most teams. The evil empire shall wreak havoc on all that stand in the way!
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#78 » by GTR11 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:22 pm

Prokorov wrote:Shamet is shooting 40% from three on the year after tonight(39.7 to be exact). Playing pesky defense too.

Yeah I'm one of them who was trashing him earlier lol. I guess a lot has to do with playbook and lack of familiarity with players. He's looking confident right now and he's jumper is evidence.

Let's just not get carried away to much here, we have to acknowledge his short comings too. Solid bench guy who can start during regular season.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#79 » by Prokorov » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:57 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Shamets improvement has been incredible.

Hes was like 32% for the first couple of months of the season. Now hes all the way back to 40.

Dude has been insane recently. Even better than Harris. If him and Joe both hit their 3s in the playoffs our offense will be next level.

What I loved about shamet was that like joe and reddick he can hit threes with 0 air space off balance coming off screens. in todays league everyone can hit wide open stand still catch and shoot. but the guys who dont miss contested or funky angles are big.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#80 » by Prokorov » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:58 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Not sure which game you watched but the rotations were fine tonight. The bench unit won us this game by stopping the bleeding, looking at the +/- for the bench tells the story. Shamet was +25, Brown was +24, Blake was +22.

Meh, these are all RS rotations, we're assuming that the big 3 will be available in the playoffs, in which case, it's likely Harden out there while Kyrie and KD rest, and at least 1 of them will be out there at all times. Harden is better than Kyrie and KD at playing with just role players and still producing a great offense, so it's fine.

I really don't think it means anything that he didn't stagger KD and Kyrie in game 56 of the RS when we've got a ton of injuries and the bench was playing great anyway.

i was talking about the RS though. still 17 games left. maybe all of them without harden.

in the playoffs id like to see 2 of the big 3 on the floor at all times

Return to Brooklyn Nets