ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets @ Miami - Sun. 4/18/21 - 3:30 PM EST - YES & ESPN

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Re: GT: Nets @ Miami - Sun. 4/18/21 - 3:30 PM EST - YES & ESPN 

Post#141 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:04 pm

I'm tired of Harris having these terrible shooting nights. Feel like they happen too often.

If he was hitting his shots this wouldn't be that close.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#142 » by therealbig3 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:04 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:I think you guys are being too hard on Kyrie. He wasn't taking bad shots.

He had an open 3 and an open mid ranger jumper. Those usually go in. He was just off.

Our terrible defense also didn't help.
He was well defended on all the shots he took and he hadn't made any of those shots earlier in the game. His decision making in the last few minutes cost us this game.

He created space and was open. Except for the last one with Bam.

I've seen him make those shots all the time.

If he made those you guys wouldn't be saying anything.

LOL we can apply results-oriented thinking to everything. Given the situation, given how he had shot the ball all game up to that point, given who was guarding him, given how hot the rest of the team was...it wasn't good decision-making. If he made them, then he made a bad shot.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#143 » by DarkXaero » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:04 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:We choked this one and it's 100% on Kyrie. He hogged the ball, took horrible shots that weren't even close to going in. When Miami had the ball with shot clock turned off, I knew that this was going to end in a Bam gamewinner.

I would have sent a hard double at him when the clock was at like 2 seconds.
With no timeouts in between, team didn't have time to talk over the defensive scheme. If Miami takes a timeout, we could have seen Claxton in.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,247

Post#144 » by Papi_swav » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:05 pm

I think we should let Vaughn take over. Whatever we do just DO NOT LET DANTONI BE THE HEAD.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,850

Post#145 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:05 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:I think you guys are being too hard on Kyrie. He wasn't taking bad shots.

He had an open 3 and an open mid ranger jumper. Those usually go in. He was just off.

Our terrible defense also didn't help.

He was off all game, and why ISO there? Why not trust your teammates and move the ball around and see if they can make a play too?

And those weren't that open...those were also against Bam and Iguodala, two of their best defenders. I get it if you want to ISO if you got Duncan Robinson or Tyler Herro switched onto you, but you're not going after a mismatch...that was, let's just ISO because Kyrie is Kyrie, never mind who's guarding him. That's hero-ball mentality that has been proven to not work nearly as well as just playing your regular offense and getting the best shot possible.

It just wasn't good decision-making at all, and also, missing shots over and over again is part of playing bad.

We went away from what was keeping us in the game, ball movement.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#146 » by DarkXaero » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:06 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Are mods here dead?

Just report him, Nyce and Rich will throw him in the garbage.
Doesn't matter, you have a troll account spamming the thread and the mods aren't here after the Nets JUST finished playing a game. Need more mod activity around here when Nets are playing a game because the last thing I need to see right now is a Sixers troll spamming the game thread.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,797

Post#147 » by Rich Rane » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:08 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Are mods here dead?

Doesn't matter, you have a troll account spamming the thread and the mods aren't here after the Nets JUST finished playing a game. Need more mod activity around here when Nets are playing a game because the last thing I need to see right now is a Sixers troll spamming the game thread.

Calm down. He's banned. EvO and I do have lives outside the Nets as well and we've trusted you all for the most part over the years to police yourselves and not be overly sensitive when trolls aren't taken care of quickly.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#148 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:09 pm

Harden covered up a lot of Nash's flaws tbh.

We blew a lot of leads pre-Harden and are starting to blow them post-Harden.

We just played way better with him on the floor. Hard to judge with KD since hes always hurt.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#149 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:09 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I'm tired of Harris having these terrible shooting nights. Feel like they happen too often.

If he was hitting his shots this wouldn't be that close.

He's been shooting like 56% over the last several games from last I saw

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#150 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:09 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Calm down. He's banned. EvO and I do have lives outside the Nets as well and we've trusted you all for the most part over the years to police yourselves and not be overly sensitive when trolls aren't taken care of quickly.

You guys are doing fine. It was just a few minutes.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#151 » by therealbig3 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:11 pm

Meh, it doesn't bother me that much, he's a troll that's obviously trying to bait. It's funny to me.

What I don't get is the responses. You think facts and context matter? Dude is just trying to get under your skin. I mean, I remember when I was 13 and thought being intentionally annoying was cool too. Let him have his fun.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#152 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:12 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Doesn't matter, you have a troll account spamming the thread and the mods aren't here after the Nets JUST finished playing a game. Need more mod activity around here when Nets are playing a game because the last thing I need to see right now is a Sixers troll spamming the game thread.

You guys are doing fine. It was just a few minutes.

Yeah no worries at all Rich. Thanks

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#153 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:13 pm

therealbig3 wrote:Meh, it doesn't bother me that much, he's a troll that's obviously trying to bait. It's funny to me.

What I don't get is the responses. You think facts and context matter? Dude is just trying to get under your skin. I mean, I remember when I was 13 and thought being intentionally annoying was cool too. Let him have his fun.

Nah we can't let that slide :lol: but I agree, report him and let it be.

Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#154 » by Whiskey Slick » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:13 pm

I've been watching and playing ball all my life, and I don't understand all the rules anymore.

Why couldn't we challenge that OBVIOUS Goaltending?

GUESS WHAT, we get that call reversed and there is no buzzer-beater loss.

Besides the refs being blind, which is another story, why couldn't that Goaltending be challenged?

And if it could, did Nash and the CS have their heads up their derrières?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#155 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:14 pm

Oh well. No need to be too upset. It was a hell of a game. Onto New Orleans

DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#156 » by DarkXaero » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:17 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I am calm. Point is that there needs to be an active mod here during game threads. I thought Paradise was one. The troll got what he wanted.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#157 » by therealbig3 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:18 pm

I mean, I get it, we were getting beaten up inside all game, so why go with Green instead of Claxton to replace Griffin. I think because we were effective offensively with a stretch big, it was generating a lot of open looks and it pulled Bam out of the paint. So I think that was Nash's rationale, in that, we could trade baskets and close the game out that way, since we had a 6 point lead.

Which is why I'm disappointed with Kyrie's decision-making. When you have shooters all over the place, ISO basketball totally defeats the purpose. Move the ball around, and you're almost guaranteed a quality look. And besides, Kyrie can get off a pull up jumper any time he wants. At least run some sort of offensive set before jacking up a low percentage shot.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,797

Post#158 » by Rich Rane » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:21 pm

SRM82 wrote:I get laid less than Ben Simmons shoots jumpers.

SRM82 wrote:Kawhi Leonard still makes me cry myself to sleep.

SRM82 wrote:My troll game is weaker than Embiid's back and knees.

SRM82 wrote:You guys ever been to Philly? Garbage city.

I personally don't have a problem with any of this. Kinda off topic, sure, but I think those posts should be given an And-1 for honesty.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#159 » by therealbig3 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:24 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#160 » by DarkXaero » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:27 pm

therealbig3 wrote:I mean, I get it, we were getting beaten up inside all game, so why go with Green instead of Claxton to replace Griffin. I think because we were effective offensively with a stretch big, it was generating a lot of open looks and it pulled Bam out of the paint. So I think that was Nash's rationale, in that, we could trade baskets and close the game out that way, since we had a 6 point lead.

Which is why I'm disappointed with Kyrie's decision-making. When you have shooters all over the place, ISO basketball totally defeats the purpose. Move the ball around, and you're almost guaranteed a quality look. And besides, Kyrie can get off a pull up jumper any time he wants. At least run some sort of offensive set before jacking up a low percentage shot.
The other factor is that we had Brown on the floor, so having him and Claxton on the floor at the same time would have completely killed spacing. In the end, it really came down to Kyrie killing our offensive possessions in the final few minutes. All we really needed was ball movement to generate open looks for Shamet or Joe. We went away from what put us in the lead in the first place.

Return to Brooklyn Nets