And1: 407

Doctor explains Durant's thigh contusion injury 

Post#1 » by Whiskey Slick » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:39 am

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Dr. tries to explain Durant's thigh contusion injury 

Post#2 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:45 am

He got kneed in the thigh. it leaves a bruce. ice and some advil and call me in the morning.

this seems like way over analyzing something super simple
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect

Post#3 » by Whiskey Slick » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:49 am

Bottom line: As always how long Durant is out depends on the severity of the contusion. The doctor explains the least severe, somewhere in between, and the most severe. Basically he can't say for sure but from the looks of the collision it would appear that Durant is likely to miss between a week or two before he's healed and can play. However in the unlikely event that it's the most severe thigh contusion, which the Dr. doesn't seem to expect, Durant could miss up to a month.

Anyway that's my interpretation and he clearly knows what he's talking about,
but I suggest you all watch the video for yourselves. It's actually quite detailed.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,823

Post#4 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:53 am

Not a doctor but based off that video and common sense, especially given how conservative the Nets are being don't think we'll see KD until a few games left in the regular season just as ramp up.

It sucks but hopefully James and TJ is back soon to split the burden.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by Whiskey Slick » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:53 am

Prokorov wrote:He got kneed in the thigh. it leaves a bruce. ice and some advil and call me in the morning.

this seems like way over analyzing something super simple

That would be the least severe and most optimistic prognosis.

As I said, the Dr. offers a detailed description of the injury from least severe, most severe and in-between.

I do get the impression he believes the least severe is most likely and most severe least likely.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,235

Re: Doctor explains Durant's thigh contusion injury 

Post#6 » by Papi_swav » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:25 am

Yea it's looking like 2 weeks he'll be back. Harden and TJ should be back by then. We'll have like 6 games left for the whole team to gel together. I don't like that but we'll see. We still need to fill in LMA spot.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,496

Post#7 » by HardenGoat » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:26 pm

Imagine this doctor analyzing a UFC fight
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#8 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:14 pm

Papi_swav wrote:Yea it's looking like 2 weeks he'll be back. Harden and TJ should be back by then. We'll have like 6 games left for the whole team to gel together. I don't like that but we'll see. We still need to fill in LMA spot.

I think we already have filled the LMA spot. its more minutes for Blake Griffin. he is that floor spacing 5 and post presence. I like him over LMA there too because he offers rim protection in the form of taking charges and he is more mobile to get out high to set screens more quicky. LMA set good screens but he was slow to get from the block ot the top of the key to set it, gives the D more time to communicate it.

Screening is low key a very underrated things. People just assume all bigs can do it about the same. But there is so much to it. What made allen so great at it was that he was quick to get from the low block to above the top of the key, then set a solid screen and dove quick. Claxton is similar. Blake is similar on the screen part less so the role.

I think C looks like:

Claxton 28, Blake 12, Green 8 with green or blake going to close to 0 minutes once the big 3 are back for the playoffs.

TJ is also low-key a big addition when he is back. he was one of the few 2 way smalls we had
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#9 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:08 pm

Thought this was funny from another board:

"We went from no one knowing any of our players or even what state we play in to
one of our players get’s hurt and 5 minutes later there’s a breakdown of the injury on YouTube starring a credited doctor that looks like it was directed by Quentin Tarantino"
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by Whiskey Slick » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:49 pm

KD was supposed to be reevaluated today. Any updates yet?
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#11 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:53 pm

Whiskey Slick wrote:KD was supposed to be reevaluated today. Any updates yet?

I was thinking the very same thing. His scan was supposed to be this morning, if it was great news we have heard it by now. I had assumed a 2 week absence but we may be looking at longer unfortunately.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#12 » by Sharcm1 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:34 pm

Durant out for tomorrow. So is clax and perry. The nets will only have 9 players lol. It’s like a bad joke
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#13 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:56 pm

Sharcm1 wrote:Durant out for tomorrow. So is clax and perry. The nets will only have 9 players lol. It’s like a bad joke

Why is claxton out?
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#14 » by GTR11 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:50 am

Prokorov wrote:
Sharcm1 wrote:Durant out for tomorrow. So is clax and perry. The nets will only have 9 players lol. It’s like a bad joke

Why is claxton out?

Read on Twitter
?s=20
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,496

Post#15 » by HardenGoat » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:47 am

Good lord :o
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,235

Post#16 » by Papi_swav » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:26 am

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Yea it's looking like 2 weeks he'll be back. Harden and TJ should be back by then. We'll have like 6 games left for the whole team to gel together. I don't like that but we'll see. We still need to fill in LMA spot.

I think we already have filled the LMA spot. its more minutes for Blake Griffin. he is that floor spacing 5 and post presence. I like him over LMA there too because he offers rim protection in the form of taking charges and he is more mobile to get out high to set screens more quicky. LMA set good screens but he was slow to get from the block ot the top of the key to set it, gives the D more time to communicate it.

Screening is low key a very underrated things. People just assume all bigs can do it about the same. But there is so much to it. What made allen so great at it was that he was quick to get from the low block to above the top of the key, then set a solid screen and dove quick. Claxton is similar. Blake is similar on the screen part less so the role.

I think C looks like:

Claxton 28, Blake 12, Green 8 with green or blake going to close to 0 minutes once the big 3 are back for the playoffs.

TJ is also low-key a big addition when he is back. he was one of the few 2 way smalls we had

I agree but we still need to fill that spot even if it's the last roster spot left. Rather have a full roster . We can just get a 3rd stringer big just in case or we can get another wing. I don't think we should just leave that spot blank.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,788

Post#17 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:15 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Why is claxton out?

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Dumb asses :lol: :banghead:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#18 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:21 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Why is claxton out?

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Let's give these young men the benefit of the doubt. That tweet is baseless conjecture, I know the Miami flu happens to players but we don't know for certain that this was the reason for Nic and Reggie to be on the protocol list.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#19 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:49 pm

I'm not saying that we should panic but losing out on the #1 seed means the path to the finals might be Heat > Bucks > Sixers

With how injury riddled our team has been to where we have seen the Big 3 play together like what, one time, I really don't like our chances right now. Durant can't stay on the court.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#20 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:51 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Let's give these young men the benefit of the doubt. That tweet is baseless conjecture, I know the Miami flu happens to players but we don't know for certain that this was the reason for Nic and Reggie to be on the protocol list.

Yeah I agree but if I had to bet on the reasons why the two youngest players on the team are being held out over protocols after a layover in Miami, stupidity easily has the highest odds

Return to Brooklyn Nets