Nets @ Pelicans | 4.20.2021 @ &:30 PM on TNT/YES2

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: Nets @ Pelicans | 4.20.2021 @ &:30 PM on TNT/YES2 

Post#181 » by GTR11 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:43 am

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Kyrie better bring that mamba mentality or I'll be after him from now on. All the talk in the world yet can only show up when things going our way.

I miss that MVP guy.

This aged well.

What happened in Miami, or he just does it vs God awful sub 500 team.

Did Zion impress you today? :P
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#182 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:45 am

BrooklynDynasty wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Kyrie had some amazing moments for sure, box office or show stopper whatever you want to call it. However lets not lower the barr, guy ain't Curry or Dame level. He won't impose his will the way those guys do, therefore mental midget.

He wants to be paid like one and be in same conversation? No sir.

stfu son. Ky hit the clutchest shot in nba history, he's a killer out there

32 points on 19 shots, 8 assists, 2 clutch steals in the last 90 seconds including the one to seal the game, and 4 clutch FTs to seal it.

"mental midget" though :roll:

Dude is a 6'2" Kobe and absolute assasin
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#183 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:46 am

GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Kyrie had some amazing moments for sure, box office or show stopper whatever you want to call it. However lets not lower the barr, guy ain't Curry or Dame level. He won't impose his will the way those guys do, therefore mental midget.

He literally imposed his will on the game tonight. I don't get why you're dogging him. Look at his numbers. The dude is elite.

I'm holding him to much higher standards than you guys.

your holding him to an impossible standard. you basically want him to be better then steph curry.

if carrying us to a win when we only had 9 players while scoring 32 on elite shooting, scoring 8 in a row to put us up 2 possesion down the stretch, getting 2 steals late, one to seal the game, and hitting his clutch FTs isnt meeting your standard, then your standard is idiotic
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#184 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:50 am

GTR11 wrote:
BrooklynDynasty wrote:

Situational All Star, can be great and make amazing game winning plays here and there. Not a Superstar Curry, Dame, J.Kidd are.

Can't impose his will, shrinks when situation ain't favorable.

He just won't sub 500 trash. What happened in Miami?

Ok than stfu

Shrinks when the situation isnt favorable... like when he was down 3-1 in the finals, dropped 2 40 point games to send it to a game 7, then hit the biggest shot in NBA history to win the title.

that kind of shrinking?

only does it vs .500 teams? what did he do to the clippers this year? the Jazz? the sixers? Boston? knicks? all those teams over .500.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#185 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:55 am

GTR11 wrote:Guys you marking me as a Kyrie hater is laughable period. If my standards for Kyrie is too high than I'm sorry to disappoint. This guy can't even hold Kobe's towel when it comes to mamba mentality. I'm ashamed I even put Kobe's name here. Top 5 greatest player of all time here.

Your standard is asking Kyrie to be better then Steph, who is arguable the best player in the league/MVP... Kobe, a top 10 player all-time.

Kyrie has been a top 10 player this year. he willing moved to SG when we got Harden. He has balled out vs big teams this year. he has come up huge late in games more often then not. He has been absolutely fantastic.

you are proving to be an enormous kyrie hater. This, of all games, is not the game to hate on kyrie. he willed us to victory
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#186 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:56 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:I don't think Kyrie has any argument for top 10. So I don't think he should be held to that standard. I think he's been top 20ish this year...when he's actually played.

I think it's fair to hold missed time against him. I don't think Tatum is actually better than Kyrie yet though. I don't think he's on his level offensively, although Tatum is a defensive stud already.

You guys are nuts.

Kyrie is putting up nearly 30 points on nearly 50/40/90 efficiency on one of the best teams in the NBA.

How is he not top 10? At worst hes top 12.

He certainly not top 20. Not even close.

spot on. if kyrie isnt top 10, he is right there at 11 or 12 and thats only docking him for missed games.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#187 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:58 am

GTR11 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Since when facts become an issue. I'm a die hard Nets fan for a very long time and as you guys went through up and downs. However it don't stop me pointing out obvious things.

Luka and Tatum better players than Kyrie just by looking how many games they play, forget anything else. Your best ability is a availability. Rest get disected after. Guy goes MIA at will and looking at his injury history is nothing to brag about.

Lol he missed like 10 games this and youre butthurt.

Tatum and Luka are both underperforming.

The Celtics were supposed to be competing with the top teams in the East and are barely above .500

The Mavs are a fringe playoff team after everyone thought they would take the next step

Pull it to you like this. Without those two them teams not even in a picture.

that arent really in the picture now.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#188 » by GTR11 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:58 am

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
BrooklynDynasty wrote:

Situational All Star, can be great and make amazing game winning plays here and there. Not a Superstar Curry, Dame, J.Kidd are.

Ok than stfu

Shrinks when the situation isnt favorable... like when he was down 3-1 in the finals, dropped 2 40 point games to send it to a game 7, then hit the biggest shot in NBA history to win the title.

that kind of shrinking?

only does it vs .500 teams? what did he do to the clippers this year? the Jazz? the sixers? Boston? knicks? all those teams over .500.

Told you that more than one's. Call it J.Kidd effect when MVP logging 40 min.

With healthy MVP i believe we going to the finals even if we have B - C or D squad out there. He's showed us he can do that. We not making PO with Kyrie, leave alone beating any team led by Kyrie.

Empty stats don't mean damn thing to me. Beal puts impressive stats too, how is that working out?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#189 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:01 am

GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Guys you marking me as a Kyrie hater is laughable period. If my standards for Kyrie is too high than I'm sorry to disappoint. This guy can't even hold Kobe's towel when it comes to mamba mentality. I'm ashamed I even put Kobe's name here. Top 5 greatest player of all time here.

Who in the hell in the NBA right now can hold Kobe's towel outside of LeBron? Who are you arguing against dude??? No one compared Kyrie to Kobe

C'mon man, do I have to highlight every time.

Dame has mamba mentality, Curry does, CP etc. I'm not comparing all around player and accomplished stuff, talking about mentality.

Kyrie will be checking out at times, can't have him there.

No one in the league is closer to Mamba Mentality then Kyrie. when the game gets to late in the 4th, he shows up. he isnt scared of the moment, he seeks it out, and he hits tons and tons of clutch shots and is one of if not the best 4th quarter scorer in the league.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#190 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:01 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:End of ramadan can't come soon enough

I didn't know of any Nets that fasted. Do you know of any?

Kyrie is.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#191 » by therealbig3 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:03 am

Meh, if we’re not taking missed games into account, I already named 11 guys that all but the biggest Nets homers would agree are clearly better than Kyrie, and there are a bunch of players around the league that are right around his level and who you could certainly argue are better. So saying he’s top 10-12 at worst is more homerism than objective fact. The truth is that he’s more in the 15-20 range.

But whatever, it’s not like I enjoy talking him down, he’s on my team, so I’ll just leave it.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#192 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:04 am

Papi_swav wrote:yea Kyrie thats how you finish a game !!! Kyrie was great tonight, but one thing I can't stand is when he misses a shot he doesn't get back on defense, he jogs up the floor and is the last one up which results in other team scoring. It happens alot. But he was A1 tonight and he was our closer.

Both Joe and Shamet stepped up like I said we needed them too. Both was aggressive in attacking the rim and shot the 3 well. Both are underrated in taking it up to the rim. Shamet has a good bounce to him and some decent handles, he's been stepping it up.

Green and Dj played well. Bruce Brown was a dog tonight, making steals and tough rebounds when we needed it. Blake was also great, taking charges and making timely passes. This was a team effort and just what we needed.

Zion and INgram are going to be a great duo. I think the Pels need to get rid of Adams, they need to open up the lane more. I like Ball but idk he kinda seems bored out there at times, can't put a finger on it. I just don't understand why Pels are this bad when they have some nice young pieces there. Anyway, off to Toronto, I can't stand fat annoying Lowry.

The Pels are young and the make alot of young team mistakes. they turn it over a ton. they take alot of bad shots. they overhelp and allow a ton of open threes. they dont dig in defensively. SVG isnt a great coach.

They could have gone ingram/Zion pick and roll and gotten a layup or open ingram 12 footer every possesion.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#193 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:08 am

GTR11 wrote:What happened in Miami, or he just does it vs God awful sub 500 team.

He missed late. if he only does it vs "god awful sub .500 teams" please explain what he did to the Jazz, Clippers, Celtics, etc...

Hell yeah he did. 33 points on 19 shots. scored at will. bullied us. helped them eras an 11 point deficient in the 3rd and make it close down the stretch. Unfortunetly for him, Kyrie is just a better closer.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#194 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:10 am

GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

Ok than stfu

that kind of shrinking?

With healthy MVP i believe we going to the finals even if we have B - C or D squad out there. He's showed us he can do that. We not making PO with Kyrie, leave alone beating any team led by Kyrie.

Empty stats don't mean damn thing to me. Beal puts impressive stats too, how is that working out?

Empty stats? how are they empty. He scored 8 in a row the final 3 minutes to put us up 5 with under 40 seconds to play. then sealed the game with 2 steals and hitting all 4 free throws.

what exactly was empty about that?

Go home man, your drunk!
GTR11
RealGM

Post#195 » by GTR11 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:24 am

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:What happened in Miami, or he just does it vs God awful sub 500 team.

He missed late. if he only does it vs "god awful sub .500 teams" please explain what he did to the Jazz, Clippers, Celtics, etc...

Hell yeah he did. 33 points on 19 shots. scored at will. bullied us. helped them eras an 11 point deficient in the 3rd and make it close down the stretch. Unfortunetly for him, Kyrie is just a better closer.

Talking to the damn wall here :lol: . This guy can only read what he likes and want to see.

Ones we put that zone entire NOP team started to have stretches when they couldn't score. I wonder why. Same is true with Ben and Giannis. Thing is they really good defensive players and playmakers which Zion is not. From games people watching is hard to see he ever will, its not natural to him.

Besides his scoring, do you even see anything else. I'm not even asking about his D. They forced to play 7 ft guy at all times because teams put lay up drills on him.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#196 » by GTR11 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:44 am

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

that kind of shrinking?

Empty stats? how are they empty. He scored 8 in a row the final 3 minutes to put us up 5 with under 40 seconds to play. then sealed the game with 2 steals and hitting all 4 free throws.

what exactly was empty about that?

Go home man, your drunk!

Wow you saying teams happen to win sometime. I've seen Beal does that too, he did it vs us several times. How often that happens?

Tell me one thing here. If we replace Harden with Kyrie during that winning streak or where he miss or goes mia, do we win those games. Do we win games like PHX?

Are Wizards better team with Kyrie instead of Beal?

8-)

And dont come at me with things like I'm calling Kyrie trash, I already said he's not. My point is that Kyrie having up and down season and not reliable for my liking. If not for Harden we picking in top ten.

I also developed fobia that KD gets hurt every time you turn around. Can't even breath on him, his wheels might fall off.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#197 » by Whiskey Slick » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:11 am

I thought we signed Mike James?

Then how come he didn't suit-up verses the Pelicans?

Especially with the re-injury to Harden, I hope we make this official ASAP. We need the depth at G.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#198 » by GTR11 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:14 am

therealbig3 wrote:Meh, if we’re not taking missed games into account, I already named 11 guys that all but the biggest Nets homers would agree are clearly better than Kyrie, and there are a bunch of players around the league that are right around his level and who you could certainly argue are better. So saying he’s top 10-12 at worst is more homerism than objective fact. The truth is that he’s more in the 15-20 range.

But whatever, it’s not like I enjoy talking him down, he’s on my team, so I’ll just leave it.

With ten plus games to go, it's very concerning to me where we stand. Me questioning if Kyrie taking his game to PO level fliping people out.

You have to compare him to other star players simply because we might face situations where KD and MVP might not suit up. Can he outperform likes of Tatum, Bam etc players. If some didn't get the memo these are the teams we very likely to face in a first round.

I just sow Tatum going vs Curry ( who's having incredible stretch ) and pulling W. Saltics two better players getting hot at the right time while our two best players can't even log a damn min. Just lost to Bam led team.

Not one sober minded person wouldn't be concerned where we are at this point. Barley winning vs sub 500 team don't exactly give me boost of confidence.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#199 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:14 am

I understand you want the best for us, GTR11. You want Kyrie to be able to outduel anyone that stands in our way, and so you hold him to that standard. It's just not likely, no matter how much you demand it. He is who he is, a tier 2 star.

Kyrie is a top-15 player in the league. Everyone needs help to advance in the postseason, even top-5 players. We saw Lebron at the peak of his powers miss the postseason entirely 2 seasons ago, mainly because his talented teammates weren't good enough at winning yet. This season, we may see 2 stars better than Irving miss the postseason altogether. That doesn't mean that Steph or Luka are frauds, just that the team around them was not as good as a collective team that they faced.

IF we don't have Durant or Harden at all for the playoffs, we're out early. 1988 Jordan couldn't take this team to the Finals, Kyrie sure won't. It's OK to admit, we need the 2nd- and 4th-best players in the league, in order to succeed.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Fallout_3
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#200 » by Fallout_3 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:33 am

Whiskey Slick wrote:I thought we signed Mike James?

Then how come he didn't suit-up verses the Pelicans?

Especially with the re-injury to Harden, I hope we make this official ASAP. We need the depth at G.

Long quarantine required as he came from Europe.

Return to Brooklyn Nets