GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: Home Stretch for the Top 3 EC Seeds 

Post#81 » by GTR11 » Thu May 13, 2021 6:14 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
I dont really see boston make it out of the playin round. i think it iwll be the hornets as 7 seed then wiz or pacers as 8th seed.

I'd prefer to play Charlotte over the Wizards. I think we beat Charlotte in 5 or sweep. Loads of potential, but too inexperienced and not enough fire power to keep pace with us.

it is kind of moot. since there is no possible way to play the wizards. If the wizards win out and boston losses out the wizards would not overtake them for the 8 seed. meaning even if the wizards advanced through the play-in stage, the highest they could be is the 8 seed. who plays the 1 seed.

Technically we could still be the 1 seed, but it would required the 76ers to lose out their next 3.

So the 7 seed can be Hornets/Celtics/Pacers.

We will not be seeing 9-10 seed at all. It's either Saltics or Hornets.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#82 » by Prokorov » Thu May 13, 2021 10:52 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:With Harden back and looking like he haven't missed a bit we pretty much locked into 2 seed.

1 - Philly only have to win one game, they have tie breaker vs us.
2 - Bucks will play desperate Heat team that trying their best not to face top 3 EC teams in a first round. I can't see them taking night off's. With Herro back they looking good.

Facing G.League Hornets ( they decimated with injuries ) or this trash Saltics is going to be great worm up games for Bucks match up.

I dont really see boston make it out of the playin round. i think it iwll be the hornets as 7 seed then wiz or pacers as 8th seed.

Hornets don't have Hayward, Washington and Lamb. I don't see them beating Saltics with Kemba and Fournier looking healthy, Williams and Smart getting healthy too.

the hornets just recently beat boston by 21. and that was boston WITH tatum/brown/kemba/smart all playing

Boston just lost to the cavs and got dominated by kevin love.

Kemba is a net negative player at this point. he is arguably the biggest defensive liability in the league among smalls
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#83 » by Prokorov » Thu May 13, 2021 10:54 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
I'd prefer to play Charlotte over the Wizards. I think we beat Charlotte in 5 or sweep. Loads of potential, but too inexperienced and not enough fire power to keep pace with us.

it is kind of moot. since there is no possible way to play the wizards. If the wizards win out and boston losses out the wizards would not overtake them for the 8 seed. meaning even if the wizards advanced through the play-in stage, the highest they could be is the 8 seed. who plays the 1 seed.

Technically we could still be the 1 seed, but it would required the 76ers to lose out their next 3.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

The pacers can still finish 8th overall, win round 1 of the playin, and be the 7 seed.

They are tied with the hornets right now at 33-36. if they go 2-0 and charlotte goes 1-1 they are the 8 spot, with a chance to be 7 seed.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#84 » by GTR11 » Fri May 14, 2021 1:35 am

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

The pacers can still finish 8th overall, win round 1 of the playin, and be the 7 seed.

They are tied with the hornets right now at 33-36. if they go 2-0 and charlotte goes 1-1 they are the 8 spot, with a chance to be 7 seed.

Not anymore. Man you had to take into account who they have available.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#85 » by GTR11 » Fri May 14, 2021 1:39 am

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Hornets don't have Hayward, Washington and Lamb. I don't see them beating Saltics with Kemba and Fournier looking healthy, Williams and Smart getting healthy too.

the hornets just recently beat boston by 21. and that was boston WITH tatum/brown/kemba/smart all playing

Boston just lost to the cavs and got dominated by kevin love.

Kemba is a net negative player at this point. he is arguably the biggest defensive liability in the league among smalls

As I've said it before, I don't care if it's Hornets or Saltics. We will get a good worm up games for Bucks. Neither of that trash can win a game vs us, just going to check how our big three looking :P .
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,481

Post#86 » by MrDollarBills » Fri May 14, 2021 1:46 am

If Miami holds on, the 1st seed is still in play for us, but it's Philly's spot to lose. All they have to do is win one more game and they clinch.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
GTR11
RealGM

Post#87 » by GTR11 » Fri May 14, 2021 1:53 am

MrDollarBills wrote:If Miami holds on, the 1st seed is still in play for us, but it's Philly's spot to lose. All they have to do is win one more game and they clinch.

They only need to win one. Orlando Tragic is next, I wouldn't hold my hopes high.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#88 » by MrDollarBills » Fri May 14, 2021 12:51 pm

GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:If Miami holds on, the 1st seed is still in play for us, but it's Philly's spot to lose. All they have to do is win one more game and they clinch.

They only need to win one. Orlando Tragic is next, I wouldn't hold my hopes high.

we're good either way. we win games on the road.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#89 » by MrDollarBills » Fri May 14, 2021 12:59 pm

It's unfortunate but the Nets will have to win out both of these next two games to maintain 2nd. the 3rd seed is a brutal match up because it could be any one of the Knicks, Heat, or Hawks. If the Bucks have to face the Knicks or Heat, they will be weakened for our eventual round 2 clash.

GTR11
RealGM

Post#90 » by GTR11 » Fri May 14, 2021 1:24 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:It's unfortunate but the Nets will have to win out both of these next two games to maintain 2nd. the 3rd seed is a brutal match up because it could be any one of the Knicks, Heat, or Hawks. If the Bucks have to face the Knicks or Heat, they will be weakened for our eventual round 2 clash.

Miami winning vs Bucks just watch. There's no way they want to see us or Bucks in a first round.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#91 » by GTR11 » Fri May 14, 2021 1:28 pm

Miami want Philly don't make no mistake about it. With Harden we might as well rather see Philly in a second round.

Bucks with PJ and Jrue different team.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#92 » by MGrand15 » Fri May 14, 2021 5:42 pm

I don't really care too much about seeding. I'd rather not play but Miami but the key is that we have a week off before the playoff starts. Usually the last 2 games of the regular season teams are completely in chill mode because the playoffs start in like 3 days. Now we can afford to play guys almost regular minutes.

I think the key is finally playing our best lineups together.

Ky
James
Harris
KD
Claxton

Or

Ky
Bruce
James
KD
Blake

I'm pretty sure those lineups have zero seconds on the floor together. Not worried about them at all but let's get them on the floor.

Return to Brooklyn Nets