BRK
39%

Total votes: 23

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Re: Home Stretch for the Top 3 EC Seeds 

Post#21 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:36 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:We should be able to beat the Bucks twice without Giannis. That would help secure us the 1 seed.

Again depends on how much Philly wins. I think we do have incentive to play for it.

I'd rather take it easy the 2nd round.

Yes, beating Milwaukee twice in a row at their house just got a whole lot more realistic, though it still won't be a cakewalk.

I mean, regardless of the matchup, I would prefer to lock down the #1 seed. But it's possible that Milwaukee drops not only the two against us, but against the red-hot Wizards, the Heat and short-rest games against the Magic and Bulls in order to test their stars. If that happens, they could easily slip to 4, and all of a sudden "taking it easy" could mean having to face Giannis in the 2nd round. It wouldn't be ideal anymore, but hey, as long as we're healthy I like our chances.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,851

Post#22 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:26 am

The Nets should punt today's game versus Portland. The NBA is trying to kill the players with this schedule. I would sit KD and Blake and hold Kyrie out for one more game. I probably would sit Harris as well.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#23 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:13 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:The Nets should punt today's game versus Portland. The NBA is trying to kill the players with this schedule. I would sit KD and Blake and hold Kyrie out for one more game. I probably would sit Harris as well.

Harris is indeed overdue for a day off.

I would start:
Irving (assuming health)
Shamet
Brown
Green
Jordan

with a bench of:
James
Johnson
Cabarrot
Johnson

Keep everyone healthy, play out game and let the chips fall where they may. I would like the chances, but wouldn't wring my hands over a poor result.
-- Steve Martin
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#24 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu May 6, 2021 6:44 am

Welp, we reached for the brass ring... and drew back a nub.

All is not lost, though. We have some serious warts for a contending team, but boy oh boy, our hypothetical peak is nearly unstoppable. Claxton returned last night and should have time to build up his stamina. Harden should return in the next week, and both Dinwiddie and Chiozza could be contributors at some point in the postseason. In the meanwhile, the best thing that the rest of the team can do is thrive without them.

With 6 games remaining for each of Philly, Milly and ourselves, with the Sixers holding a 2- and 3-game lead over BRK and MIL, the chase for the #1 seed seems over. I think that all 3 teams will likely go 4-2, mostly due to back-to-backs and ensuring proper health for the playoffs. If we finish 47-25, it'll be a game better than I had predicted, and 2nd keeps our home court advantage for at least 2 rounds. It may seem like the sky is falling, but with a bit of good fortune and some soul searching, we're still in great shape to win it all.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,851

Post#25 » by MrDollarBills » Thu May 6, 2021 12:53 pm

It's seriously pathetic how we went from up 1.5 games to not only down 1.5 to Philly but a 1.5 game away from dropping to 3rd.

It's too late in the season for this bull ****.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#26 » by LOUiS-D » Thu May 6, 2021 2:05 pm

I'm kinda salty about clax getting caught up in covid protocols. that was the last thing we needed, especially with LMA's retirement.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#27 » by Prokorov » Sun May 9, 2021 5:15 am

Stretch Run Breakdown.....

1) We have clinched a top 3 seed, Knicks cant catch us
2) We clinch the 2 seed if we run the table and the Bucks lose to the Heat
3) If the Sixers win 1 game, We can not be the 1 seed
4) We have 4 winnable games, but they are 2 sets of back to backs. The bucks also have 2 back to backs.
5) The spurs (play vs. us and the bucks) are the 10 seed and fighting to stay in the playoffs
6) The pacers (play the bucks, but not us) are the 10 seed and fighting to stay in the playoffs
7) The Bulls (Play us twice, bucks once) are the 11 seed fighting to get in
8) The heat are the 6th seed, just 1 game up on boston. they'll need to win to stay out of the play-in round

Nets Remaining:
Bulls
Spurs
Cavs
Bulls

Bucks Remaining:
Spurs
Magic
Pacers
Heat
Bulls

Sixers Remaining:
Pacers
Heat
Magic
Magic

It looks like the celtics and heat will overtake the hawks and be the 5/6 seeds. That would mean the 2 seed avoids miami/boston.

Should be a fun finish
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#28 » by kuclas » Sun May 9, 2021 11:13 am

Prokorov wrote:Stretch Run Breakdown.....

1) We have clinched a top 3 seed, Knicks cant catch us
2) We clinch the 2 seed if we run the table and the Bucks lose to the Heat
3) If the Sixers win 1 game, We can not be the 1 seed
4) We have 4 winnable games, but they are 2 sets of back to backs. The bucks also have 2 back to backs.
5) The spurs (play vs. us and the bucks) are the 10 seed and fighting to stay in the playoffs
6) The pacers (play the bucks, but not us) are the 10 seed and fighting to stay in the playoffs
7) The Bulls (Play us twice, bucks once) are the 11 seed fighting to get in
8) The heat are the 6th seed, just 1 game up on boston. they'll need to win to stay out of the play-in round

Nets Remaining:
Bulls
Spurs
Cavs
Bulls

Bucks Remaining:
Spurs
Magic
Pacers
Heat
Bulls

Sixers Remaining:
Pacers
Heat
Magic
Magic

It looks like the celtics and heat will overtake the hawks and be the 5/6 seeds. That would mean the 2 seed avoids miami/boston.

Should be a fun finish

It will be very tight seeds 4-7

I can see Knicks losing 3 out of their last 5 games

I can see Boston at least 2 or 3 of their last 5 games

I can see Miami losing 2 or 3 of their last 5 games

The team with the easiest schedule is Atlanta. Especially Bradley Beal just tweaked his hamstring. Hawks likely go 3-1 down the stretch

So Boston May remain at the 7 slot.
Atlanta moves up to 4

And it’s a toss up Miami or Knicks for the 5 slot.

The fun starts today with Miami and Boston playing each other.

Boston is in big trouble if they lose both games to Miami. That could lock them to the 7th slot

But Miami isn’t out of the woods. They could lose to Sixers and Bucks.
andrewww
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#29 » by andrewww » Sun May 9, 2021 6:18 pm

Looks like the Nets should aim for the 2nd seed if possible and I would anticipate needing to win out to achieve that to likely get the Celtics instead of the Heat (unless Boston somehow loses the 7/8 play in game to Charlotte).
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#30 » by GTR11 » Sun May 9, 2021 6:40 pm

andrewww wrote:Looks like the Nets should aim for the 2nd seed if possible and I would anticipate needing to win out to achieve that to likely get the Celtics instead of the Heat (unless Boston somehow loses the 7/8 play in game to Charlotte).

Losing four in a row pretty much guarantee us third seed. Bucks have H2H advantage and easier schedule. Our best hope is That Heat get that 4-5 seed. If not than we into some tough ride.
Heat -> Conference champs
Buck-> upgraded their roster with True and PJ
Philly-> Doc has Tobi and Biid playing on another level.
Us, we don't even have set rotations lol. Buckle up, it's going to be fun ride. Our best hope is that KD and Hardens wheels won't come off. One of them goes down and it's pretty much over.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#31 » by GTR11 » Sun May 9, 2021 6:43 pm

Looks like Miami want that five seed badly. Hope ATL going to lose couple so we can face them rather Miami. Not that going to make things easy, it's just Kyrie vs Young is much better match up. Dragic always gives it to us and looks for Kyrie match up.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#32 » by HardenGoat » Sun May 9, 2021 6:43 pm

andrewww wrote:Looks like the Nets should aim for the 2nd seed if possible and I would anticipate needing to win out to achieve that to likely get the Celtics instead of the Heat (unless Boston somehow loses the 7/8 play in game to Charlotte).

Definitely wanted second seed but now we have to pray for a bucks loss. We want Miami to get 5th and that’s the most important thing I can see. They are a first round nightmare in my book.
andrewww
General Manager

Post#33 » by andrewww » Sun May 9, 2021 6:45 pm

GTR11 wrote:

Losing four in a row pretty much guarantee us third seed. Bucks have H2H advantage and easier schedule. Our best hope is That Heat get that 4-5 seed. If not than we into some tough ride.
Us, we don't even have set rotations lol. Buckle up, it's going to be fun ride. Our best hope is that KD and Hardens wheels won't come off. One of them goes down and it's pretty much over.

Nets have the more favorable schedule this last week, Bucks get Heat this week.

I dont see the Bucks in the second seed as a lock by any stretch.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach

Post#34 » by HardenGoat » Sun May 9, 2021 6:49 pm

I bet Heat don’t want to see us either. Lol
andrewww
General Manager

Post#35 » by andrewww » Sun May 9, 2021 7:07 pm

HardenGoat wrote:I bet Heat don’t want to see us either. Lol

I get that feeling too. On further review, getting the 2/3 seed may be a moot point if the Heat move up to 4/5 and would end up on the Sixers’ half of the east bracket.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach

Post#36 » by HardenGoat » Sun May 9, 2021 8:27 pm

andrewww wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:I bet Heat don’t want to see us either. Lol

I get that feeling too. On further review, getting the 2/3 seed may be a moot point if the Heat move up to 4/5 and would end up on the Sixers’ half of the east bracket.

Unfortunately Beal tweaked his hamstring so thats a big blow. Was hoping Wizards would take a game or two from hawks and help Heat move up. Knicks could still drop to 6th though but would prefer hawks. I could see Randall playing dangerously when losing he’s a bit of a head case.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#37 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun May 9, 2021 9:34 pm

Heat are only a half game back of the 4 seed now. I would bet on them getting it.

I could see the Knicks falling to 6, which would be a pretty good matchup for us in my view.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#38 » by GTR11 » Mon May 10, 2021 3:12 am

andrewww wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

Well that not in our power to decide.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#39 » by GTR11 » Mon May 10, 2021 3:32 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Heat are only a half game back of the 4 seed now. I would bet on them getting it.

I could see the Knicks falling to 6, which would be a pretty good matchup for us in my view.

No one wants to see us period. Heat has a better chance vs 6's simply because that MVP going to make them work...Kyrie he's an assassin when running wild.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#40 » by Prokorov » Mon May 10, 2021 1:59 pm

andrewww wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

It basically comes down to this...

Nets win out + bucks lose to miami.

That said, winning out will be tougher then it seems. we dont play good teams, but the 4 games are scheduled as 2 back to backs. which may mean playing without blake/KD/Harden some of those. and the bulls we play twice who are playing for their playoff lives.

Return to Brooklyn Nets