BRK
39%

Total votes: 23

kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Re: Home Stretch for the Top 3 EC Seeds 

Post#61 » by kuclas » Tue May 11, 2021 5:24 pm

HardenGoat wrote:Our upcoming two games are critical. There are scenarios where if we stay ahead ahead of the Bucks, and the Hawks and/or Knicks lose a game, the Bucks might decide to throw their Saturday Heat game to move them up to 5. We also want the Wizards to beat the Hawks tomorrow to push Bulls out of the play in war making our next game with them easier. Imagine the Bucks playing the heat knowing if they win they will face them first round instead of Hawks or Knicks ... that would be hilarious.

Bucks will throw the game away if it means Heat get the 5 seed. Hawks or Knicks are "easier" to play as the 6 seed than the Heat.

Teams do this all the time.

Denver and Portland were trying to manipulate the seeding in 2019 to avoid the Houston Rockets.

All the eastern conference teams seeds 6/7/8 lost on the final night cause they all wanted the 7th seed in 2018 to play against the kyrie-less boston celtics who were locked in the 2 seed.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,844

Post#62 » by MrDollarBills » Tue May 11, 2021 5:29 pm

kuclas wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:Our upcoming two games are critical. There are scenarios where if we stay ahead ahead of the Bucks, and the Hawks and/or Knicks lose a game, the Bucks might decide to throw their Saturday Heat game to move them up to 5. We also want the Wizards to beat the Hawks tomorrow to push Bulls out of the play in war making our next game with them easier. Imagine the Bucks playing the heat knowing if they win they will face them first round instead of Hawks or Knicks ... that would be hilarious.

Bucks will throw the game away if it means Heat get the 5 seed. Hawks or Knicks are "easier" to play as the 6 seed than the Heat.

Teams do this all the time.

Denver and Portland were trying to manipulate the seeding in 2019 to avoid the Houston Rockets.

All the eastern conference teams seeds 6/7/8 lost on the final night cause they all wanted the 7th seed in 2018 to play against the kyrie-less boston celtics who were locked in the 2 seed.

I would not want to play the Knicks. That is a dog fight waiting to happen.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#63 » by MrDollarBills » Tue May 11, 2021 5:30 pm

Boston lost Jaylen Brown to a wrist injury. It will be interesting to see if they can even win the play in tournament

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,241

Post#64 » by Papi_swav » Tue May 11, 2021 7:06 pm

Prokorov wrote:This would be a fun scenario:

Bucks trail nets by 1 game.
Bucks lose to miami, which clinches 2 seed for the nets
Bucks are demoralized and play heat round 1. who sweep them

this is what I want. This is why I want the HEAt to be the 6th seed and Bucks 3rd seed. HEAT will tired out the Bucks for our 2nd round matchup or they might even be upset in the 1st by HEAT. I would definitely try to avoid them. Celtics/Charlotte for us should be easy series.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#65 » by Whiskey Slick » Wed May 12, 2021 2:35 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Boston lost Jaylen Brown to a wrist injury. It will be interesting to see if they can even win the play in tournament

This makes it even more important that we don't blow the #2 seed.

The 2 seeds likely first round matchup will be Boston, unless the Celtics are upset by the 33-36 Hornets.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#66 » by HardenGoat » Wed May 12, 2021 3:30 am

Whiskey Slick wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

This makes it even more important that we don't blow the #2 seed.

The 2 seeds likely first round matchup will be Boston, unless the Celtics are upset by the 33-36 Hornets.

Knicks are giving Lakers a really tough game. It’s amazing how Derrick Rose is playing for them after all those years of injury and the improvement of Randall. If they keep their position they are not going to be an easy second round for the 76ers. Hope Heat get the Bucks but either way even the Knicks will give them a run. Keeping our second seed is critical.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#67 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed May 12, 2021 7:00 am

Celtics without Jaylen Brown might be the easiest First Round matchup tbh. They have little else outside of Tatum. And Wizards will be a pain if they get in.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#68 » by Prokorov » Wed May 12, 2021 6:19 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Celtics without Jaylen Brown might be the easiest First Round matchup tbh. They have little else outside of Tatum. And Wizards will be a pain if they get in.

I dont think boston will get out of the playin round. id have them heavy underdogs to charlotte and indy and wiz are both tough matchups.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#69 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed May 12, 2021 7:18 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Celtics without Jaylen Brown might be the easiest First Round matchup tbh. They have little else outside of Tatum. And Wizards will be a pain if they get in.

I dont think boston will get out of the playin round. id have them heavy underdogs to charlotte and indy and wiz are both tough matchups.

Imagine if we play Charlotte?

Would be a way better matchup that the Knicks or Wizards.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#70 » by Prokorov » Wed May 12, 2021 7:26 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I disagree. I think the hornets are the best of that trio and most equiped to give us a hard game or 2.

Wizards is a sweep. Knicks would be close games, but still win in a sweep or 5 games at most.

If i had to choose easiest opponents for round 1 id order (easiest first)

Wiz
Celtics
Pacers
Knicks
Hornets
Bucks
76ers
Hawks
Heat

Honestly i dont fear anyone. toronto would have worried me. 76ers/heat would have worried me if they got lowry
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#71 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed May 12, 2021 7:43 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I disagree. I think the hornets are the best of that trio and most equiped to give us a hard game or 2.

Wizards is a sweep. Knicks would be close games, but still win in a sweep or 5 games at most.

Wiz
Celtics
Pacers
Knicks
Hornets
Bucks
76ers
Hawks
Heat

Honestly i dont fear anyone. toronto would have worried me. 76ers/heat would have worried me if they got lowry

Wizards are not a "sweep."

Both Beal and Westbrook are capable of putting up 40 a night. I have no interest in playing them.

Knicks are way better than the Hornets record wise for a reason.

Charlotte would be the easiest matchup by far. Easy sweep.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#72 » by Prokorov » Wed May 12, 2021 7:51 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Wiz
Celtics
Pacers
Knicks
Hornets
Bucks
76ers
Hawks
Heat

Wizards are not a "sweep."

Both Beal and Westbrook are capable of putting up 40 a night. I have no interest in playing them.

Knicks are way better than the Hornets record wise for a reason.

Charlotte would be the easiest matchup by far. Easy sweep.

The wizards are pretty awful. Westbrook/Beal are 2 of the bigger empty stats guys. they kind of have to flukely wins vs us, with us missing key guys. i mean up 6 with like 15 seconds left. that was a fake loss.

Motivated nets with Harden is a sweep with 3 to 4 blowout wins. Wiz would by far be the easiest matchup. Beal/westbrook both to play playoff basketball in the halfcourt scnearios all that well either.

Knicks like i said, play hard, but 0 shot they take us past 5.

Hornets are a really deep team with a ton of guys to throw art us. they have atheltes, shooting, length, defenders...
andrewww
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#73 » by andrewww » Wed May 12, 2021 9:34 pm

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#74 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu May 13, 2021 5:05 am

andrewww wrote:https://netswire.usatoday.com/2021/05/10/spencer-dinwiddie-says-hes-got-some-great-news/

So Dinwiddie has already resumed on court activities...

Folks are gonna be EXTRA tight when we come off the bench with an ALL STAR CALIBER floor general!

Seriously, I think that Spencer's COVID absence from the Bubble and his rocky start to this season has led some of us here to underestimate Dinwiddie. He will be ready. We will of course be responsible with his workload, as we are with every player.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,241

Post#75 » by Papi_swav » Thu May 13, 2021 6:05 am

2 more wins and we lock up the 2nd seed
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#76 » by GTR11 » Thu May 13, 2021 7:37 am

With Harden back and looking like he haven't missed a bit we pretty much locked into 2 seed.

1 - Philly only have to win one game, they have tie breaker vs us.
2 - Bucks will play desperate Heat team that trying their best not to face top 3 EC teams in a first round. I can't see them taking night off's. With Herro back they looking good.

Facing G.League Hornets ( they decimated with injuries ) or this trash Saltics is going to be great worm up games for Bucks match up.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#77 » by Prokorov » Thu May 13, 2021 1:42 pm

GTR11 wrote:With Harden back and looking like he haven't missed a bit we pretty much locked into 2 seed.

2 - Bucks will play desperate Heat team that trying their best not to face top 3 EC teams in a first round. I can't see them taking night off's. With Herro back they looking good.

Facing G.League Hornets ( they decimated with injuries ) or this trash Saltics is going to be great worm up games for Bucks match up.

I dont really see boston make it out of the playin round. i think it iwll be the hornets as 7 seed then wiz or pacers as 8th seed.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#78 » by MrDollarBills » Thu May 13, 2021 2:50 pm

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:With Harden back and looking like he haven't missed a bit we pretty much locked into 2 seed.

I dont really see boston make it out of the playin round. i think it iwll be the hornets as 7 seed then wiz or pacers as 8th seed.

I'd prefer to play Charlotte over the Wizards. I think we beat Charlotte in 5 or sweep. Loads of potential, but too inexperienced and not enough fire power to keep pace with us.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#79 » by Prokorov » Thu May 13, 2021 3:03 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I'd prefer to play Charlotte over the Wizards. I think we beat Charlotte in 5 or sweep. Loads of potential, but too inexperienced and not enough fire power to keep pace with us.

it is kind of moot. since there is no possible way to play the wizards. If the wizards win out and boston losses out the wizards would not overtake them for the 8 seed. meaning even if the wizards advanced through the play-in stage, the highest they could be is the 8 seed. who plays the 1 seed.

Technically we could still be the 1 seed, but it would required the 76ers to lose out their next 3.

So the 7 seed can be Hornets/Celtics/Pacers.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#80 » by GTR11 » Thu May 13, 2021 5:06 pm

Prokorov wrote:

Hornets don't have Hayward, Washington and Lamb. I don't see them beating Saltics with Kemba and Fournier looking healthy, Williams and Smart getting healthy too.

Return to Brooklyn Nets