ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets vs. Celtics 4/23/2021 7:30pm EST (YES, ESPN)

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: GT: Nets vs. Celtics 4/23/2021 7:30pm EST (YES, ESPN) 

Post#161 » by GTR11 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:54 am

I wont be surprised Kyrie getting MVP DURING Finals. Yeah I said it.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#162 » by Whiskey Slick » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:40 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Whiskey Slick wrote:KING: Bruce Brown
KNIGHT: Harris/Green
JESTER: Kyrie Irving :o

Is Ramadan over and is he eating again?

He almost had a triple double though.

Also, Ramadan is only fasting until sundown. He's still eating, and frankly I don't think it's fair to make light of his faith. We have had plenty of Muslim players on our team throughout the history of the Nets.

I wasn't making fun, MDB, I was sincerely asking because I don't know anything about being Muslim or how long they fast for Ramadan. Hey, Christians are supposed to fast at certain times too, so if I was making fun of it I would have been making fun of my own religion too. Again, I was just sincerely curious to know if he was getting nutrition again, because that was the most off shooting night I've ever seen him have, almost inexplicable. Sorry if I made it sound like I was mocking his religion.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect

Post#163 » by Whiskey Slick » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:43 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Kyrie confirms that hes been fasting

Read on Twitter

See MDB, this is why I asked.

I was trying to make sense of how he could miss so many shots, as if he felt weak or sick or something. Sure he helped in other ways, but as a scorer, and he's a great scorer, that had to be one of his worst games ever.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#164 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:45 am

Whiskey Slick wrote:

Read on Twitter

I was trying to make sense of how he could miss so many shots, as if he felt weak or sick or something.

Its tough to play sports without water. Really tough.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect

Post#165 » by Whiskey Slick » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:47 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Whiskey Slick wrote:

Read on Twitter

I was trying to make sense of how he could miss so many shots, as if he felt weak or sick or something.

I AGREE, 100%, now that explains his shooting night, but MDB thought I was mocking his faith.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#166 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:01 am

^
I don't mind being wrong about a post, what about it will look silly come playoff time? Who's the monster: Kyrie, this team, you???

I'm not being coy or sarcastic, I honestly don't follow your meaning, friend.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#167 » by GTR11 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:04 am

I'm a Muslim myself. I'm also ex soviet Muslim. Drinking and smoking and etc we do that. We bad Muslim's I guess. Don't mean you can chop my head of.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#168 » by Papi_swav » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:22 am

I love beating Boston. Kyrie didn't shoot well but he distributed. Smart was outplaying him in a stretch, it looked personal . Joe played great and so did Jeff.

Blake was trolling Smart out there lol he had to get back them charges that Smart flopped on. But Blake has become great at drawing offensive fouls, that's a skill.

Bruce had a crazy dunk on Kornet , I need to see the replay to that one. Dj played ok at times then he cost us some points.

Sign Mike James right now ! That first 3 he made is a difficult shot. He has nice handles and was getting into the lane. Was active on D and in the paint. Made some nice passes. I predict he's going to stay.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#169 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:04 pm

GTR11 wrote:I'm a Muslim myself. I'm also ex soviet Muslim. Drinking and smoking and etc we do that. We bad Muslim's I guess. Don't mean you can chop my head of.

No judgment, and thank you for sharing, friend.

My wife is Muslim as well, and I get a sense vicariously through her of the sacrifice and toll that fasting for Ramadan has on the body.

Kyrie had my respect before I knew he was Muslim and fasting, and that respect has only grown.
-- Steve Martin
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#170 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:26 pm

Whiskey Slick wrote:

Read on Twitter

I was trying to make sense of how he could miss so many shots, as if he felt weak or sick or something. Sure he helped in other ways, but as a scorer, and he's a great scorer, that had to be one of his worst games ever.

It was a bad shooting night, to be sure. Probably not even his worst this season, but for every 19 or so brilliant scoring displays, he has 1 of these stinkers. I'm fine with it.

"Worst games ever" is a misnomer, friend. He compensated with great defense and facilitated the offense. That's what great players do when their shot is off, find other ways to impact the game.
-- Steve Martin
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#171 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:29 pm

Papi_swav wrote:I love beating Boston. Kyrie didn't shoot well but he distributed. Smart was outplaying him in a stretch, it looked personal . Joe played great and so did Jeff.

Blake was trolling Smart out there lol he had to get back them charges that Smart flopped on. But Blake has become great at drawing offensive fouls, that's a skill.

Bruce had a crazy dunk on Kornet , I need to see the replay to that one. Dj played ok at times then he cost us some points.

Sign Mike James right now ! That first 3 he made is a difficult shot. He has nice handles and was getting into the lane. Was active on D and in the paint. Made some nice passes. I predict he's going to stay.

I mean I mean!!!

Read on Twitter

You guys know I don't post or get hype too much over dunks, but THAT ONE! He climbed the stairs and punched on Kornet, it reminded me of Carter-Weis!
-- Steve Martin
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#172 » by gigantes » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:19 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:I mean I mean!!!

Read on Twitter

You guys know I don't post or get hype too much over dunks, but THAT ONE! He climbed the stairs and punched on Kornet, it reminded me of Carter-Weis!

Whoa... I haven't felt such a delightful breeze since Dominique Wilkins. oO
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect

Post#173 » by Whiskey Slick » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:22 pm

The 76ers FINALLY hit a rough patch, lost three in a row (and counting), something I've been waiting for ALL YEAR. It was frustrating as heck when they lost Embiid for an extended period and still kept winning. That said, I have to admit the taste of sole possession of 1st Place in the EC is like a taste of chocolate cheese cake ...

... from Juniors. :wink:
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 645

Post#174 » by NetsJets » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:14 pm

Kyrie was amazing last night outside of his shooting. Mike James was alright but he’s a bench 3rd stringer. I’m surprised we won all things considered.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,866

Post#175 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:47 pm

Whiskey Slick wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Whiskey Slick wrote:KING: Bruce Brown
KNIGHT: Harris/Green
JESTER: Kyrie Irving :o

Is Ramadan over and is he eating again?

He almost had a triple double though.

Also, Ramadan is only fasting until sundown. He's still eating, and frankly I don't think it's fair to make light of his faith. We have had plenty of Muslim players on our team throughout the history of the Nets.

I wasn't making fun, MDB, I was sincerely asking because I don't know anything about being Muslim or how long they fast for Ramadan. Hey, Christians are supposed to fast at certain times too, so if I was making fun of it I would have been making fun of my own religion too. Again, I was just sincerely curious to know if he was getting nutrition again, because that was the most off shooting night I've ever seen him have, almost inexplicable. Sorry if I made it sound like I was mocking his religion.

It's cool Slick no worries man.

I'm not a Muslim or Christian but I respect people's faith/spirituality (I'm an agnostic, I do not claim knowledge of anything, but I do believe that there is something greater), no questions asked. I have friends that are Muslim so I know that while they do not eat during the day, at night it's a whole other story :lol: so I think Kyrie is fine, he just shot like crap last night.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#176 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:49 pm

gigantes wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:I mean I mean!!!

Read on Twitter

Whoa... I haven't felt such a delightful breeze since Dominique Wilkins. oO

Brown was beasting last night. He really is the Power Guard :lol:

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#177 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:58 pm

Whiskey Slick wrote:

Read on Twitter

I'm sure if we dig through his career game logs we can find at least one comparable stinker, but I apologize if I made it seem like you were trying to crap on his faith when you were asking a legit question. Sorry.

But yeah I wouldn't put too much into it. Fasting actually has health benefits as well, however I am sure Kyrie gets proper nutrition at night, at least I hope he is. Still, Ramadan has been going on since the 12th, and he's shot the ball around 45% from the field overall, with two notable games where he shot poorly (last night and versus Miami).

I don't think it's impacting him too much, however I think Ramadan ends on May 11th so we have a lot of games to go before he is back to a normal eating schedule, so hopefully the return of KD can help take the load off of him.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#178 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:01 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Whiskey Slick wrote:

Read on Twitter

crap i forgot that you can't drink water. I dunno how anyone can play ball, especially at that high level, and not intake fluids during rest periods.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#179 » by Paradise » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:34 pm

Whiskey Slick wrote:The 76ers FINALLY hit a rough patch, lost three in a row (and counting), something I've been waiting for ALL YEAR. It was frustrating as heck when they lost Embiid for an extended period and still kept winning. That said, I have to admit the taste of sole possession of 1st Place in the EC is like a taste of chocolate cheese cake ...

... from Juniors. :wink:

What about pound cake?
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#180 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:05 pm

KD and Johnson are both probable for the game tomorrow.

Would be awesome if both could play again.

Return to Brooklyn Nets