ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets vs. Celtics 4/23/2021 7:30pm EST (YES, ESPN)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: GT: Nets vs. Celtics 4/23/2021 7:30pm EST (YES, ESPN) 

Post#181 » by Paradise » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:12 pm

- Nets are 1 full game ahead of Philly.

- KD, TJ return tomorrow.

- Kyrie is about to finally eat a meal and a drink of water in the next two hours.

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#182 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:13 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:KD and Johnson are both probable for the game tomorrow.

Would be awesome if both could play again.

Philly just lost to the Bucks. We absolutely need to go in with as much firepower as possible versus Phoenix.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#183 » by gigantes » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:31 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Whiskey Slick wrote:See MDB, this is why I asked.

I was trying to make sense of how he could miss so many shots, as if he felt weak or sick or something.

Its tough to play sports without water. Really tough.

crap i forgot that you can't drink water. I dunno how anyone can play ball, especially at that high level, and not intake fluids during rest periods.

Which is why I love what both the Dolly Llama and Pope Francis have said about stuff like this--

'If science proves some aspect of our belief wrong, then our belief will have to change.'

Facts, reality and natural law suggest that drinking water (& eloctrolytes) during prolonged physical exertion is far better than not.

So I wish you could be a little more flexible in that, Islam, especially for a warrior-athlete such as Kyrie. Like Buddhism and Catholicism, say.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#184 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:13 pm

gigantes wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Its tough to play sports without water. Really tough.

crap i forgot that you can't drink water. I dunno how anyone can play ball, especially at that high level, and not intake fluids during rest periods.

Which is why I love what both the Dolly Llama and Pope Francis have said about stuff like this--

'If science proves some aspect of our belief wrong, then our belief will have to change.'

Facts, reality and natural law suggest that drinking water (& eloctrolytes) during prolonged physical exertion is far better than not.

So I wish you could be a little more flexible in that, Islam, especially for a warrior-athlete such as Kyrie. Like Buddhism and Catholicism, say.

WTF are you saying?

Who are you to tell other people to be flexible in their religious beliefs?

You can't drink water while you fast. Its a part of the month of Ramadan.
Pelly24
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,488

Post#185 » by Pelly24 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:40 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
Whiskey Slick wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Kyrie confirms that hes been fasting

Read on Twitter

See MDB, this is why I asked.

I was trying to make sense of how he could miss so many shots, as if he felt weak or sick or something. Sure he helped in other ways, but as a scorer, and he's a great scorer, that had to be one of his worst games ever.

It was a bad shooting night, to be sure. Probably not even his worst this season, but for every 19 or so brilliant scoring displays, he has 1 of these stinkers. I'm fine with it.

"Worst games ever" is a misnomer, friend. He compensated with great defense and facilitated the offense. That's what great players do when their shot is off, find other ways to impact the game.

Yeah exactly. Now Miami—that was a bad game. But in this one he was *fine.* He looked incredible on defense and other than the turnovers, he passed the ball really well. People sleep on his floor. He can still be a good player when he's off shooting because of his IQ and his ability to step it up on defense.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#186 » by gigantes » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:32 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
gigantes wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

WTF are you saying?

Who are you to tell other people to be flexible in their religious beliefs?

You can't drink water while you fast. Its a part of the month of Ramadan.

I'm not telling anyone to do anything.

It was a personal wish upon a star. Maybe for a better day.

TF are you to come between me and a falling star?

Go soak your head, then pickle it in brine. Maybe it'll help.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#187 » by Prokorov » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:51 pm

GTR11 wrote:I wont be surprised Kyrie getting MVP DURING Finals. Yeah I said it.

Anyone can get finals MVP. Cedric maxwell won it on a team with Prime Bird/McHale/Parish and Bill Walton on the roster. Iguodala won it on a teamw ith steph/klay/dray

Lets say we play the clippers in the finals. we played them twice this year and won. if MVP was based off those 2 games, it would be kyrie.

It would come down to who hits the big shots. all 3 will have counting stats. but MVP is narrative. so its about who shines late

Return to Brooklyn Nets