ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Trail Blazers @ The Evil Empire - Friday, 04/30/21 | 8:00pm EST | YES 2 & NBA TV

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Re: GT: Trail Blazers @ The Evil Empire - Friday, 04/30/21 | 8:00pm EST | YES 2 & NBA TV 

Post#61 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat May 1, 2021 3:41 am

Prokorov wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:I think we can win a 1st round series without Harden.

Don't see us getting past that without him though.

We get can to the finals without him. Kyrie and Durant are still super elite and the best playoff duo. those guys games get better in the playoffs while guys like giannis and simmons get worse. The heat or Boston could maybe give us a long series with their toughmess and coaching. we certainly arent losing to the wiz/hornets/hawks/bucks. and philly i think would lose before we even saw them. If we did play them, i like us in 5 if we have kyrie/kd healthy.

if its just kyrie or just kd, we have issues

Agreed. Nobody in the East is beating us with KD and Kyrie. Especially if Dinwiddie comes back.

Were lucky that the Lakers and Clippers play in the West.

The Bucks and Sixers are both fraud teams which don't really scare me in a 7 game series.

I think the worst case scenario is that Harden comes back in the 2nd round. More likely that he comes back with 1 or 2 games left in the regular season.
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Re: GT: Trail Blazers @ The Evil Empire - Friday, 04/30/21 | 8:00pm EST | YES 2 & NBA TV 

Post#62 » by Openheimer » Sat May 1, 2021 4:20 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:I think we can win a 1st round series without Harden.

Don't see us getting past that without him though.

We get can to the finals without him. Kyrie and Durant are still super elite and the best playoff duo. those guys games get better in the playoffs while guys like giannis and simmons get worse. The heat or Boston could maybe give us a long series with their toughmess and coaching. we certainly arent losing to the wiz/hornets/hawks/bucks. and philly i think would lose before we even saw them. If we did play them, i like us in 5 if we have kyrie/kd healthy.

if its just kyrie or just kd, we have issues

Agreed. Nobody in the East is beating us with KD and Kyrie. Especially if Dinwiddie comes back.

Were lucky that the Lakers and Clippers play in the West.

The Bucks and Sixers are both fraud teams which don't really scare me in a 7 game series.

I think the worst case scenario is that Harden comes back in the 2nd round. More likely that he comes back with 1 or 2 games left in the regular season.

Harden if all things goes well for the Denver game or the bulls game. Then he will have three or so games to get his legs ready. To throw him in tje playoffs straight away without any match conditioning is hard. The Nets took the right approach by resting him for this long and probaly another 9 or 10 days more
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#63 » by HardenGoat » Sat May 1, 2021 4:35 am

I agree. I think he will be back last week which is important to get in the flow. Hate that we finish with a back to back. That’s just stupid
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,855

Post#64 » by MrDollarBills » Sat May 1, 2021 11:06 am

DarkXaero wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Lol this is ridiculous.

Lillard is a better player than Kyrie, and thoroughly outplayed him again tonight. Nothing ridiculous about that.
It is ridiculous to make that post when Kyrie's going through a shooting slump due to fasting, and the team is depleted & tired off the 2nd of a b2b, while Dame has a fresh & fully healthy team. And regardless, Kyrie was actually quite good in the 2nd half.

I'm not sure why Kyrie is being torn down here. The team played on the road the night before and we are missing a few players including KD versus a fresh and fully healthy Blazers team. How did this game become an indictment against Kyrie when the team was shooting bricks for most of the night?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#65 » by MrDollarBills » Sat May 1, 2021 11:09 am

therealbig3 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:That's the difference between a top 10 player like Lillard and a top 20 player like Kyrie.

Lillard has his full squad, Kyrie doesn't. Come on.

And Kyrie's team isn't barely hanging on to a playoff spot.

Lillard is still facing more defensive attention than Kyrie is. If Kyrie had his full squad, the comparison doesn't make sense, because you'd be comparing a 3rd option to a 1st option.

And you and I both know any comparison of the Blazers and Nets overall means nothing when talking about Lillard vs Kyrie. Our record is very much a result of having a deep team that can win when 1 or 2 of our stars are out, because that's been the case for most of the year. Lillard hasn't had that luxury.

What I have been noticing is that whenever Kyrie is on his own, this team has a hard time winning. I don't think he can do what Lillard has done in Portland for the last several years now. We're now 5-5 when it's just Kyrie (if we include the Miami game when Durant only played 4 minutes).

Put another way, I think we're barely clinging to a playoff spot in the East if it was just Kyrie by himself having to lead this team for an entire season. OTOH, I think we win at least 45 games (in a full season) if it was just Harden or just Durant having to lead this team for an entire season.

IDK, watching Lillard out there, it just became clear to me that Kyrie is just not much of a floor raiser. He can be great if you surround him with other great talent, but that's true for a lot of the top players.

This is a top heavy team designed to thrive when all 3 of the players who take up 90% of our salary cap is playing, not when it's one of them. Stop being disingenuous.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#66 » by MrDollarBills » Sat May 1, 2021 11:13 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Lillard is still facing more defensive attention than Kyrie is. If Kyrie had his full squad, the comparison doesn't make sense, because you'd be comparing a 3rd option to a 1st option.

And you and I both know any comparison of the Blazers and Nets overall means nothing when talking about Lillard vs Kyrie. Our record is very much a result of having a deep team that can win when 1 or 2 of our stars are out, because that's been the case for most of the year. Lillard hasn't had that luxury.

What I have been noticing is that whenever Kyrie is on his own, this team has a hard time winning. I don't think he can do what Lillard has done in Portland for the last several years now. We're now 5-5 when it's just Kyrie (if we include the Miami game when Durant only played 4 minutes).

Put another way, I think we're barely clinging to a playoff spot in the East if it was just Kyrie by himself having to lead this team for an entire season. OTOH, I think we win at least 45 games (in a full season) if it was just Harden or just Durant having to lead this team for an entire season.

IDK, watching Lillard out there, it just became clear to me that Kyrie is just not much of a floor raiser. He can be great if you surround him with other great talent, but that's true for a lot of the top players.

Kyrie's supporting cast without KD/Harden is far worse than Lillards.

McCollum, Nurkic, Kanter, Carmelo, Covington. Thats a loaded squad.

Meanwhile we are relying heavily on Alize Johnson and Jeff Green. We don't even have Claxton or Bruce Brown.

I think its a dumb comparison.

I like Lillard, but if he was such a "floor raiser" why is his team in 7th place?

Are you kidding me? Meanwhile the Nets have missed KD and Harden for a huge part of the season and we are in first place and we have a top 4 record in the league with Kyrie being the one constant.

This is such a ridiculous argument. It's embarrassing. And dishonest

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#67 » by MrDollarBills » Sat May 1, 2021 11:17 am

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:Lillard was simply on fire and we couldn’t make our shots. This was a schedule loss in my book. Kyrie is deadly when we have the gravity of Durant or Harden on the floor with him. Our other shooters benefit too, the dynamic is just completely different. Iam just glad we didn’t suffer any setbacks health wise. I really miss Harden and the defense that Claxton brings as well.

Losing Harden for this long is just so unfair.

He was having an MVP caliber season and almost never gets injured.

We are cursed. we cant have nice things.

Nash's comments are depressing. harden a ways out. but liking his future outlook. reading between the lines i wouldnt count out his season being over. hamstrings are the worst.

Claxton a week out. stupid stupid stipid league nonsense with their fugazy protocols. they dont actually care about safety. And now Claxton needs a week to ramp up. such trash

I think the league protocols are a joke (as well as the scheduling, which has been a threat to player safety), but are we sure that Nic isn't actually sick? 7 games is a lot of games to be held out if you aren't testing positive. I think the poor kid might have actually caught the virus.

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#68 » by GTR11 » Sat May 1, 2021 5:24 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

you guys think we only live in dah nix heads :lol: . Every game is a playoff level for us and yet we got that first seed.
Pelly24
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,488

Post#69 » by Pelly24 » Sun May 2, 2021 8:16 am

therealbig3 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:That's the difference between a top 10 player like Lillard and a top 20 player like Kyrie.

I think Dame is better, but I really don't think most of this is true. Most games, Kyrie will get you 27/5/7 on 60 TS%>>>>, but he's been slumping a bit, partially as a result of regression to the mean (he was shooting 61% from long-two range through 41 games or so) and partially, possibly due to his fasting. The Nets also don't have playable defensive center to go against Nurkic or Kanter (who I think both ate against them) with Claxton out and they didn't shoot well from three and most of the team was on a second night of a back to back. It's not really some extreme thing. This team is deep in some ways, but until recently, lacked a backup guard and when Claxton is out of the lineup, they lack a good starting center. Losing to the Blazers on the second night of a back to back isn't some wild thing. Truth is usually somewhere in the middle. Most games, Kyrie will play a notch or two better than he played this game, and the Nets will hit more threes and the Blazers won't be able to guard them, and it can be a toss-up. This Nets team is not a deep squad without at least one of the other Nets stars. They didn't have a backup guard until recently, Claxton's been out the last like 5 games

Everything can't be a self-contained indictment of him at this point. He's played the most games without one of the other Nets stars, and he's played the most without so have to consider sample size. He's been incredible this season, with or without one of the other guys on the floor. He's won them a bunch of games. The idea that he was some awful floor raiser was always overblown and based on his record on the Cavs when he was 19 or 20 and then on his time with a team that basically went to the very top of the lottery once Lebron left the final time, but people keep using that for a reference point and everything is built off that flawed idea. He was great in Boston and made a big impact, and the Nets have the No. 1 seed with Kyrie playing the most games. He's been the 1b all year due to injuries, and he's arguably the main or second main reason the Nets have the record they do. It's very hard to be able to adapt your style to different players and 34 different starting lineups, but he's done it very easily. Being 5-5 really isn't a daming thing. They win the next game without KD or Harden, they're 6-5, etc. I could see if they'd lost by far most of their games, but they're generally competitive.

Now, I actually think KD could take this nets team to around 50 wins if it's a regular season and Harden as well, but they're simply better players. Maybe they're more like 48 wins, but I could also see Kyrie getting this team to 42-44 wins. Maybe just make Claxton healthy all year, keep Blake Griffin on, add a decent backup point guard and a replacement level SG and that'd be pretty good. But that's like what? 7th seed? That's still pretty good.
Pelly24
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,488

Post#70 » by Pelly24 » Sun May 2, 2021 8:19 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Dame was literally so bad all of April lol. There's no like, big conclusions to be drawn from that game at all.

Return to Brooklyn Nets