ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: ROUND 2 Nets @ Bucks | 5.4.2021 @ 7:30 on TNT

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: GT: ROUND 2 Nets @ Bucks | 5.4.2021 @ 7:30 on TNT 

Post#261 » by GTR11 » Thu May 6, 2021 12:37 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:I'll answer both GTR11 and DarkXaero. What should Nash have done differently? COACH EM UP!

If he insists on using my James in that undersized SG role, you have to be in his ear with clear instructions on boxing out whenever a shot is up. You also have to be clear with Joe Harris to keep his head on a swivel for pindowns and backdoor cuts. There are so many situations where a more hands-on approach would benefit us. Not every player is going to know exactly what adjustments to make, that's the whole entire reason a coach is there.

See thats the thing. If you expect him to do those things he’d be regular rotation guy in nba instead of playing EU league. He had his chances with PHX, he failed. You'd ask him to do that, than your expectations can go up as well.

I ask elite player to run set plays and I get killed for it.
Pablo Escobar
Head Coach
And1: 4,431

Post#262 » by Pablo Escobar » Thu May 6, 2021 2:05 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:I'll answer both GTR11 and DarkXaero. What should Nash have done differently? COACH EM UP!

If he insists on using my James in that undersized SG role, you have to be in his ear with clear instructions on boxing out whenever a shot is up. You also have to be clear with Joe Harris to keep his head on a swivel for pindowns and backdoor cuts. There are so many situations where a more hands-on approach would benefit us. Not every player is going to know exactly what adjustments to make, that's the whole entire reason a coach is there.

Tbh it seems like your coaching staff just spectates. Only time you see Nash animated is during a timeout while he's clapping his hands saying we're alright :lol:
Plata o Plomo?
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#263 » by GTR11 » Thu May 6, 2021 4:06 am

Pablo Escobar wrote:

Tbh it seems like your coaching staff just spectates. Only time you see Nash animated is during a timeout while he's clapping his hands saying we're alright :lol:

I hope you'll come back with same energy when we win chip and make documentary for this dynasty.

KAT is from here too. Don't worry about next part. Nash will be there too.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,569

Post#264 » by HardenGoat » Thu May 6, 2021 4:19 am

What stands out the most is effort and communication. There’s a lack of both through too much of the quarters and they pull back after a lead. With Harden the communication was better. I just think he is the leader they are missing right now. 27-7 with him and that was without a full team. I think he’s healthy now. He’s never had this much time off and been in a position rested for playoffs. We will be fine.
Pablo Escobar
Head Coach
And1: 4,431

Post#265 » by Pablo Escobar » Thu May 6, 2021 4:24 am

GTR11 wrote:
Pablo Escobar wrote:

I hope you'll come back with same energy when we win chip and make documentary for this dynasty.

KAT is from here too. Don't worry about next part. Nash will be there too.

Hopefully you guys win. Kd is my fav player in the league atm. I'm not hating on your team or anything just posting my opinion like everyone else so hopefully you don't take it personal.
Plata o Plomo?
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#266 » by Prokorov » Thu May 6, 2021 4:32 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
NetsJets wrote:You’re getting killed on the glass. I know the solution. Continue playing small...
We had plenty of guys on the floor who are capable of rebounding the ball. The funny thing is that we weren't even getting killed on the glass by their bigs necessarily, it was their GUARDS killing us on the glass. Even a weak small guard like Brynn Forbes had a crucial offensive rebound leading to Bucks points. 6'4" Donte Divicenzo had 15 (!) rebounds, including SIX offensive rebounds. That's not a size problem, that's an effort problem.

I say it's both, AND it's a strategic problem when we allow it to continue to dominate us.

In that crucial stretch of the 4th where Donte gobbled up boards and Milwaukee went on their big run, Mike James was guarding him. 6'4 and lanky versus 6'1 and not lanky is a big size discrepancy. James needs to do better boxing out, he deserves some responsibility for sure. Budenholzer recognized it and attacked it, while Steve was slow to change it, almost knuckle-headed in refusing to adapt.

We also had green at center and brown at PF during that stretch.

You can call deandre lazy, but you cant teach size. you also have a 7 foot energy guy in claxton rotting on the bench
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#267 » by Prokorov » Thu May 6, 2021 4:36 am

GTR11 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Harden won't solve our core issues which is defense and rebounding.

All he will do is cover up those issues by making our offense even better. But Nash needs to figure out how to get more effort out of our guys.

KD and Kyrie walk around like theyve won something here already. They havent done **** in Brooklyn yet.

Guys need to be hungry. We should not be outhustled like that again.

In a game like this we should be playing high energy guys more like Bruce Brown, Alize Johnson, Tyler Johnson etc.

I don't need lazy **** like Jordan, Shamet and even Joe Harris at times. Jeff Green missing 4 easy FTs.

Even though TLC sucks he usually plays hard. That is the main thing we have been missing all season.

Its not lazy plays, its iso plays that make them watchers. Both KD and Kyrie thrive doing it. They won't win you games running double screens for others or getting them rhythm shots. They never done that before.

Coaches tried to maximize our best players abilities and it failed both times. Without easy baskets from role players you won't win games, let alone playoffs. You'd have to have Caris, Allen, Din, Joe and Shamet for that. Two playmaking guys, two sharp shooter and elite shot blocker and rebounder. We don't have that. You miss one thing and other things start failing too, its chain reaction that'll demoralize effort.

We scored a ton on good to great efficiency both games. offense isnt the problem. unless you want to get on role guys for not hitting wide open shots.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#268 » by Prokorov » Thu May 6, 2021 4:38 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Harden won't solve our core issues which is defense and rebounding.

No one's solving our core issues but Harden certainly does help improve in those areas. Harden is one of our better defenders, and he's actually our leading rebounder. Harden absolutely makes us better defensively, and he makes us better on the boards. He has quick hands, he's comfortable switching, he's strong af and can guard bigger guys in the post (we could actually use him against Giannis). He has his weaknesses defensively (lazy closing out or guarding on the perimeter) but the positives outweigh the bad, especially in playoffs when the effort level will be higher. There's also no question that he makes us better on the boards, the numbers back that up. As per Cleaning The Glass, we're both better defensively, and a better rebounding team with Harden on the floor than off the floor.

I'll it this way. We don't need Harden to improve in those areas.

These role guys are getting paid to do the things they are not doing.

If they don't step up and play hard we need to put in players that do. Like Alize Johnson, Tyler Johnson, more of Brown etc.

Yea, a big flaw for this team is the coaching staffs unwillingness to play defensive role players.

if you cant find a way to score with Kyrie/Harris/KD and 2 defenders you are flat out a terrible coach
Minnamaker
Sophomore
And1: 100

Post#269 » by Minnamaker » Thu May 6, 2021 5:06 am

Besides bad rebounding, the defensive gameplan was awful and the execution even worse. Gianni was torching the nets for about 6 to 7 quarters. You want to make him a spot up shooter, but you still want to contest some shots. Jordan did a really bad job of playing giannis. He is a bad shooter, but they gave him practice shots for two straight games. You don't have to be the league mvp to hit those in a decent rate. But I even get, that they try to dare him taking those shots. If you do so, you do this to keep him out of the paint and off the rim though. But giannis had a free path to the restricted area too. He literally didn't touch a body until the restricted area most of the times. That's not how you play him. That's aweful defense and amazing that they stick with it for 2 straight games.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using RealGM mobile app
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,973

Post#270 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu May 6, 2021 5:27 am

Minnamaker wrote:Besides bad rebounding, the defensive gameplan was awful and the execution even worse. Gianni was torching the nets for about 6 to 7 quarters. You want to make him a spot up shooter, but you still want to contest some shots. Jordan did a really bad job of playing giannis. He is a bad shooter, but they gave him practice shots for two straight games. You don't have to be the league mvp to hit those in a decent rate. But I even get, that they try to dare him taking those shots. If you do so, you do this to keep him out of the paint and off the rim though. But giannis had a free path to the restricted area too. He literally didn't touch a body until the restricted area most of the times. That's not how you play him. That's aweful defense and amazing that they stick with it for 2 straight games.

Jordan is not mobile enough to guard Giannis anyway.

He can be a little more useful against Embiid.

Claxton would really help with Giannis tbh.
Minnamaker
Sophomore

Post#271 » by Minnamaker » Thu May 6, 2021 5:57 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Minnamaker wrote:Besides bad rebounding, the defensive gameplan was awful and the execution even worse. Gianni was torching the nets for about 6 to 7 quarters. You want to make him a spot up shooter, but you still want to contest some shots. Jordan did a really bad job of playing giannis. He is a bad shooter, but they gave him practice shots for two straight games. You don't have to be the league mvp to hit those in a decent rate. But I even get, that they try to dare him taking those shots. If you do so, you do this to keep him out of the paint and off the rim though. But giannis had a free path to the restricted area too. He literally didn't touch a body until the restricted area most of the times. That's not how you play him. That's aweful defense and amazing that they stick with it for 2 straight games.

You're right.

And I don't want to bash nash too much, as I think overall, he did better than I initially expected. But it's tough to see giannis go off for 49 pts on Sunday and not making any adjustments two days later. These games could've at least been games to try different defensive schemes as this might be round 2 of the playoffs.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#272 » by Prokorov » Thu May 6, 2021 2:20 pm

Minnamaker wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

You're right.

And I don't want to bash nash too much, as I think overall, he did better than I initially expected. But it's tough to see giannis go off for 49 pts on Sunday and not making any adjustments two days later. These games could've at least been games to try different defensive schemes as this might be round 2 of the playoffs.

There was no need to adjust the gameplan on giannis. it was the right gameplan and it worked the second game when giannis went 11-30 for an inefficient 35 points. Would have been less too if he A) didnt hit a higher then normal% of FTs and didnt get 3 total BS calls sending him to the line.

Same strategy with more claxton/blake and less jordan/green.
Minnamaker
Sophomore

Post#273 » by Minnamaker » Thu May 6, 2021 3:50 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Minnamaker wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

You're right.

There was no need to adjust the gameplan on giannis. it was the right gameplan and it worked the second game when giannis went 11-30 for an inefficient 35 points. Would have been less too if he A) didnt hit a higher then normal% of FTs and didnt get 3 total BS calls sending him to the line.

Same strategy with more claxton/blake and less jordan/green.
That's actually an adjustment, you recommended

Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#274 » by Whiskey Slick » Thu May 6, 2021 4:39 pm

If anyone didn't realize how GREAT Harden was for us before he got hurt, they certainly realize it now. We had an obscene winning record with Harden, something like 20 Games over .500, but without Harden I think we are now officially UNDER .500 at 8-9. That's how much of a difference maker Harden was and is.

PRAY that we get him back for the post season, even if you're an atheist.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,973

Post#275 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu May 6, 2021 4:43 pm

Whiskey Slick wrote:If anyone didn't realize how GREAT Harden was for us before he got hurt, they certainly realize it now. We had an obscene winning record with Harden, something like 20 Games over .500, but without Harden I think we are now officially UNDER .500 at 8-9. That's how much of a difference maker Harden was and is.

I'm wondering how much better our record is with Claxton too.

Not to say hes as good as Harden. But he really is our best defender and we don't have any other big who compares to him defensively.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#276 » by Claud » Thu May 6, 2021 5:03 pm

The difference when we have Harden is that he can get his buckets whenever he wants just like KD and Kyrie, BUT Harden ALSO gets all of our role players great looks/touches.(Green, DJ, Clax, Brown, Harris, Shamet, etc.)

We're definately going to need the Beard healthy if we want to win the chip this season, he's the one that can extract the most out of our offensive weapons, including getting the best of even Kyrie and KD.

On another note, I've been harping since last season that DJ is washed and done.
Huge minus offensively and defensively, not to mention 0 hustle and poor body language on the court. I think DJ is a GREAT vet, but as player he's done if you want WINNING basketball.

If Nash hasn't realized that yet then it's certainly worrying at this stage of the season.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#277 » by Whiskey Slick » Thu May 6, 2021 5:07 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Whiskey Slick wrote:If anyone didn't realize how GREAT Harden was for us before he got hurt, they certainly realize it now. We had an obscene winning record with Harden, something like 20 Games over .500, but without Harden I think we are now officially UNDER .500 at 8-9. That's how much of a difference maker Harden was and is.

I'm wondering how much better our record is with Claxton too.

Not to say hes as good as Harden. But he really is our best defender and we don't have any other big who compares to him defensively.

No doubt about it. That wasn't "Harden huge", but it was a huge hit nevertheless. Claxton was playing at a really high level for us at a position that desperately needed a player like Claxton. He may not have great bulk and strength, but he has great length, his arms look a mile long, and he's a terrific athlete for such a big man, probably because he had a late growth spurt, so he started out as a PG when he first started playing in school. In NO WAY am I implying he's as great as Hakeem, but he's kind of a similar type of Center athletically.

If we're WHOLE for the post season, with a healthy Harden and Claxton too, I believe we win it all.
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#278 » by Sharcm1 » Fri May 7, 2021 2:03 am

What’s with this team

Return to Brooklyn Nets