Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: GT: Nets @ Mavericks - Thursday, 05/06/21 | 7:30pm EST | TNT & YES 

Post#261 » by Prokorov » Fri May 7, 2021 3:34 am

HardenGoat wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:Iam going on record here and saying 100 percent Harden fixes everything. And he’s going to be 100 percent. He already acknowledged he is not injured he is just ramping up his conditioning. KD had an aberration game. We played better defense and we will only get better on that end. What Harden brings should not be underestimated. He is the MVP in my book.

he cant fix coaching, and coaching is our biggest issue

He’s been working with Nash every day and they are seeing everything that needs fixing. He’s going to lead this team to a chip. Book it.

what needs fixing is nash. he needs to be fired. if he isnt, we are going to be held back by our coaching
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#262 » by Prokorov » Fri May 7, 2021 3:36 am

YamaChan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
YamaChan wrote:Better to get his off nights and time acclimating to the team again out of the way now than in the playoffs, where his value will skyrocket.

James Harden returning to the roster will be a godsend to the overall flow of the offense, while KD works his way back into his rhythm.

But have any of you seen Durant's efficiency this season? It's literally unheard, and he was due for a cold stretch or he'd need to be tested for being human.

I'm not hitting the panic button unless injuries continue to be an issue for the Big 3. Otherwise, I like that they get to battle a little hardship and get re-focused for the playoffs.

no one cares what button you hit. you are just an idiot troll. Have we seen durants effciency? yes because we are nets fans who watch every game.

I'm glad you took the time to quote me and resort to childish name calling in a doomed effort to show me just how little you care about my message content.

It doesn't matter how much you see, if you're terrible at analyzing what you're looking at. And given that your lead off is some sad personal attack you wouldn't have the guts to say to anyone's face, my analysis is that you don't know what you're talking about.

I've watched nearly every KD game since he played at Texas. An off shooting night is not the most alarming trend from this 4 game losing streak.

you are correct. i could not possibly care less about dog trash like yourself. no one cares that you have been beating off to KD since his texas years. there is nothing to analyze about your circle jerk of KD.

go kick rocks

F*** sake, enough of garbage posts like this.

- Rich
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#263 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri May 7, 2021 3:37 am

At least KD and Kyrie are saying the right things after the game.

How we need adversity and that it will motivate us.

Even without Harden we have the most talent in the East. Its just a matter of putting it together at the right time.
Tha King
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#264 » by Tha King » Fri May 7, 2021 3:37 am

Prokorov wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:Iam going on record here and saying 100 percent Harden fixes everything. And he’s going to be 100 percent. He already acknowledged he is not injured he is just ramping up his conditioning. KD had an aberration game. We played better defense and we will only get better on that end. What Harden brings should not be underestimated. He is the MVP in my book.

And when it was Harden (and Kyrie) out there you had an awful lot of close games (some against bad teams) that could have gone either way that were fortunate wins. now it's sort of going the other way which may not be a bad thing because the issues can't be glossed over when you're losing.

Coaching and figuring out/preparing the right personnel for the playoffs is going to be very important. For example, without question, you will need Jordan and Claxton in the playoffs playing big minutes so having them in and out of lineups with restricted minutes unable to develop chemistry doesn't seem prudent to me.
Pelly24
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,472

Post#265 » by Pelly24 » Fri May 7, 2021 3:39 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Pelly24 wrote:KD with a rough 1-10 from the field second half. Joe Harris 3/9. Shamet 0/5. Tyler Johnson played no minutes. Claxton didn't play enough.

The nets offense just looks pretty rough at the end of these games man and I don't quite understand it. They're great ISO players, but it seems like that's all that gets done. It didn't even seem like they tried to run anything. KD was due for an awful game, but in general, I never get a great game sense from him a lot of these times. It just looks like no one even tried to run anything. I kind of put it on Nash.

I have no problem with iso offense for KD at the end of games.

That's what you want when you have a player of his caliber. But if hes missing everything then its not the offensive scheme's fault.

It doesn't help when Harris/Shamet are ice cold and the Mavs wouldn't even bother guarding them.

Yeah I don't even have a problem with the ISOs from KD or Kyrie. No one's earned the right to ISO like KD, maybe in history besides MJ. But the whole time Kyrie and KD have played together, the end of game offense has looked very mid. So many close games they've lost. I'm not really sure why it is. It seems like there's less confusion when only one of them play. The your-turn, my-turn stuff is cool, but geez I like never see solid plays. This is a whole year sans Harden thing. This game was one I never felt like they were going to win. They need Harden back.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#266 » by Prokorov » Fri May 7, 2021 3:41 am

Tha King wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

And when it was Harden (and Kyrie) out there you had an awful lot of close games (some against bad teams) that could have gone either way that were fortunate wins. now it's sort of going the other way which may not be a bad thing because the issues can't be glossed over when you're losing.

Coaching and figuring out/preparing the right personnel for the playoffs is going to be very important. For example, without question, you will need Jordan and Claxton in the playoffs playing big minutes so having them in and out of lineups with restricted minutes unable to develop chemistry doesn't seem prudent to me.

only nash is saying he is doing nothing wrong and the players just need to play harder.

he is an egotistical ahole moron who things he is gods gift to coaching.

he will continue to make 0 adjustments
YamaChan
Junior
And1: 894

Post#267 » by YamaChan » Fri May 7, 2021 3:41 am

Prokorov wrote:
YamaChan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
no one cares what button you hit. you are just an idiot troll. Have we seen durants effciency? yes because we are nets fans who watch every game.

I'm glad you took the time to quote me and resort to childish name calling in a doomed effort to show me just how little you care about my message content.

It doesn't matter how much you see, if you're terrible at analyzing what you're looking at. And given that your lead off is some sad personal attack you wouldn't have the guts to say to anyone's face, my analysis is that you don't know what you're talking about.

I've watched nearly every KD game since he played at Texas. An off shooting night is not the most alarming trend from this 4 game losing streak.

you are correct. i could not possibly care less about dog trash like yourself. no one cares that you have been beating off to KD since his texas years. there is nothing to analyze about your circle jerk of KD.

go kick rocks

It's not like you're capable of any insightful analysis in the first place, since you can only lob playground insults that only expose your immaturity and inability to intelligently communicate like a rational human being.

You could not care less, yet you took the time to quote me, in a conversation you had no involvement in, and now you're in a back and forth with me, as you so blatantly obviously would do.

Your over-the-top aggression is literally hilarious to me.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,823

Post#268 » by sashaturiaf » Fri May 7, 2021 3:41 am

The last few games have just been disgusting defensively, I'm not sure if it's ramadan, regular season fatigue, Claxton's Covid struggles or whatever but it's just been awful.

Wont say too much more than at this stage as it'll be just based off emotion and games still mean nothing right now. The main thing is KD and Kyrie are looking healthy, we have the talent to win in once Harden is back
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#269 » by Prokorov » Fri May 7, 2021 3:47 am

nash as expected 0 apologies, he did nothing wrong, executaiton late nothing wrong

we just missed shots

https://www.yesnetwork.com/video/nash-on-execution-in-4th-quarter?t=nets

F this dude, he needs to go. Tsai needs to step in and fire marks and nash if marks wont do it on his own
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,823

Post#270 » by sashaturiaf » Fri May 7, 2021 3:47 am

And the offense is not much better, I said midway through the season that this team never has scoring droughts which I've never seen before. Well that's gone out the window

Theres just been too many injuries to incorporate guys in and out of the lineup and it's killed our offensive flow, we still don't have a consistent rotation from game to game from no fault of anyone.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 658

Post#271 » by NetsJets » Fri May 7, 2021 3:53 am

Trash effort all around. Guys are continuing to just watch the ball instead of going after it. We’re back to getting killed in the interior with little to no resistance. It doesn’t help that KD was struggling. Joe Harris also needs to step up he’s been trash lately and it’s not just his shooting. I’d consider giving Alize some burn at least he’ll bring energy and effort. Bench Mike James and go with Tyler Johnson at the backup spot. When Shamet is off give another guy a shot.
YamaChan
Junior
And1: 894

Post#272 » by YamaChan » Fri May 7, 2021 3:56 am

If both Spencer and Harden come back at 100%, all these problems will vanish instantly and they will cruise to a title.
Pelly24
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,472

Post#273 » by Pelly24 » Fri May 7, 2021 3:56 am

sashaturiaf wrote:The last few games have just been disgusting defensively, I'm not sure if it's ramadan, regular season fatigue, Claxton's Covid struggles or whatever but it's just been awful.

Wont say too much more than at this stage as it'll be just based off emotion and games still mean nothing right now. The main thing is KD and Kyrie are looking healthy, we have the talent to win in once Harden is back

I actually think Kyrie's been really good on defense dating back to Portland game. He's missed some assignments, but generally has been getting a lot of steals, blocks, deflections and mostly been in the right spots. He was all over the place on defense today, even beyond the four steals and two blocks, etc.

Claxton I think has looked good when he's been in, but he only played 19 minutes. The nets played some good defense tonight, but the Mavericks were hitting every shot the Nets allowed them to take in order to take Luka outta the game. If they scored 120 points like usually they probably win, but alas, they did not.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#274 » by DarkXaero » Fri May 7, 2021 4:07 am

therealbig3 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:How can anyone have any confidence in the Nets beating Boston, Miami, or the Knicks in round 1 with how they look right now?

We lack discipline on defense and the effort on the glass continues to be poor. This team is poorly coached and Nash would get destroyed by Steven's, Spoelstra and Thibs.

This is bad folks.
Meh, I'm not worried about any of those 1st round opponents, especially the Knicks who I think we would sweep if we got them. Discipline and effort are both mental things for the most part, and in playoffs, mental focus tends to be a lot higher. The poorly coached stuff, I don't buy. Our issues are mainly related to effort/focus, not coaching.

Without Harden, Miami would beat us in a series, I’m pretty confident about that.

It’s great news that Harden is likely to return in time, because we definitely need him even for the 1st round imo.
I don't think so. Recency bias is strong atm but even without Harden, we have plenty of talent to best Miami. That being said, when I'm saying that I'm not worried about any of our first round opponents, I'm making that statement with the assumption that the big 3 are healthy.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#275 » by DarkXaero » Fri May 7, 2021 4:08 am

Prokorov wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:How can anyone have any confidence in the Nets beating Boston, Miami, or the Knicks in round 1 with how they look right now?

We lack discipline on defense and the effort on the glass continues to be poor. This team is poorly coached and Nash would get destroyed by Steven's, Spoelstra and Thibs.

This is bad folks.
Meh, I'm not worried about any of those 1st round opponents, especially the Knicks who I think we would sweep if we got them. Discipline and effort are both mental things for the most part, and in playoffs, mental focus tends to be a lot higher. The poorly coached stuff, I don't buy. Our issues are mainly related to effort/focus, not coaching.

coaching is far and away the biggest issue. and alot of having your team play with effort and focus is on the coaching. we have the worst coaching staff in the league. it has cost us at least 10 games this year
Sure.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#276 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri May 7, 2021 4:14 am

therealbig3 wrote:I do feel dirty getting mad at Joe Harris though, because the guy has made so many hustle plays and made big plays at the right time all year, but he's definitely in a rut lately, and it just might be who he is when things get tight and teams are focusing on him more come playoff time.

Bingo.

Every good team has 2 good perimeter defenders. Maybe not great, but solid. When Joe doesn't have to see any team's solid wing defenders, he can operate very efficiently. But when he sees actual playoff-calibre attention from the opposition, he shrinks and offers so little else. Literally EVERYTHING else in his game is predicated on his elite catch-shoot ability. He's not an actual playmaker or even ball-handler, but when team's have to respect his shot, it opens up enough breathing room for his talent level to do those things. When they know he's cold, they completely neutralize him in all other aspects.

Hopefully, this is one other thing that Harden's return will help.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#277 » by GTR11 » Fri May 7, 2021 4:15 am

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:You guys can panic. Literally last week ya'll were in here puffing your chests out, happy with the team.

This stretch is concerning but we've lost 1 B2B to Portland, 2 close games to Milwaukee on the road, 1 close game to Dallas on the road. Let's not make this into more than it is. We're struggling but we've been elite all year. We'll bounce back.

We are still 8-10 without Harden and just KD & Kyrie though.

We have drastically underperformed without him and its not changing.

Can we keep losing games like this? And we know if he just comes back at 100%?

you can only come back from a hamstring at 0% or 100%. there really is no in between. if its not 100%, your not going to be able to go, or go long before your out again

Complete BS!!!

Know one knows how Hardens body going to react. There were more than enough data to say otherwise. Soccer players, tennis, basketball etc players played through hemi issues before if managed.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#278 » by GTR11 » Fri May 7, 2021 4:29 am

If Harden can give us 20-25 min as a bench guy than it changes entire rotations basically dynamics of the game. Elite star with his skill set diminished to Rondo role is still game changer. Some of you have no damn clue.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#279 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri May 7, 2021 5:06 am

YamaChan wrote:It's hilarious how this board turns on KD when he finally has a stretch where he's not playing the most efficient perimeter game literally ever.

Not a player in the league hasn't had a couple of off games. Be glad Durant can even be on the court to have an off night, given what he's recovering from.

He's not closed the last two games up to his standards, but stop getting in your emotions and saying things like he should come off the bench.

Absolutely.

You'd think KD didn't just return from his 4th health-related absence this season, the way his own fans are coming for his head. Chill, everybody!

Two games ago, Durant was dropping 42 points on like 75%TS, and some of y'all thought he was the MVP. Two off nights and he's washed???

It's a frustrating L, no doubt. But we're healthy, we're fighting for each other and sticking together. We'll figure it out.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
GTR11
RealGM

Post#280 » by GTR11 » Fri May 7, 2021 5:08 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:I do feel dirty getting mad at Joe Harris though, because the guy has made so many hustle plays and made big plays at the right time all year, but he's definitely in a rut lately, and it just might be who he is when things get tight and teams are focusing on him more come playoff time.

Bingo.

Every good team has 2 good perimeter defenders. Maybe not great, but solid. When Joe doesn't have to see any team's solid wing defenders, he can operate very efficiently. But when he sees actual playoff-calibre attention from the opposition, he shrinks and offers so little else. Literally EVERYTHING else in his game is predicated on his elite catch-shoot ability. He's not an actual playmaker or even ball-handler, but when team's have to respect his shot, it opens up enough breathing room for his talent level to do those things. When they know he's cold, they completely neutralize him in all other aspects.

Hopefully, this is one other thing that Harden's return will help.

Its absolutely match up thing.

Return to Brooklyn Nets