GT: Nets @ Mavericks - Thursday, 05/06/21 | 7:30pm EST | TNT & YES

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: GT: Nets @ Mavericks - Thursday, 05/06/21 | 7:30pm EST | TNT & YES 

Post#301 » by GTR11 » Fri May 7, 2021 6:14 pm

Stone wrote:Bottom line......

We need more than 9 points a game from Joe.....

Nash has got to wake up, every one of the four losses we just had were winnable games. This is basically 101 stuff, if something is not working one way, try it another way.

In the post game interviews it was pointed out that adversity can be a good thing and I agree. It is going to come down to two unknowns 1) Health of our stars 2) Production of the role players and bench.

Once more, this team is going to be difficult for any other team to beat in a seven game series.

Joe is elite floor spacer that allows Kyrie KD do their iso crap. You replace him with Brown Jeff etc and they'll see double teams more often.

Joe will be fine one's we get Din and Harden back.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#302 » by Prokorov » Fri May 7, 2021 7:57 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:nash as expected 0 apologies, he did nothing wrong, executaiton late nothing wrong

we just missed shots

https://www.yesnetwork.com/video/nash-on-execution-in-4th-quarter?t=nets

F this dude, he needs to go. Tsai needs to step in and fire marks and nash if marks wont do it on his own

Lol at Nash saying we just missed shots....

Every teams problems since the beginning of time!

Nash is actually 100% right, when you play no defense and don't rebound your only hope of winning is to outscore/shoot the other team. That was the 7 seconds or less Suns identity.

I don't think it should or will be our identity, this is a rough stretch but good to get it out of the system before the playoffs start. Scary hours are about to be upon us.

I dont think nash is wrong... but he isnt helping the problem.

We have 3 guys on the bench who are energetic, physical, and solid defensively and he just isnt playing them,

I mean Alize just had 21 rebounds. He plays physical. brown has been a + over our 4 game losing streak in minimal minutes. claxton may be restricted, but even before then he was sitting for LMA/Blake.

you cant sit your best defenders/physical guys then bitch about defense

Its just overboard on spacing. you dont need 5 elite shooters to create space for our stars. many teams only have 2-3 elite shooters and still have great spacing. we should be able to have brown/alize or alize/claxton with Ky/Kd/Joe or shamet and have elite spacing still
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#303 » by Shark » Fri May 7, 2021 8:16 pm

Having both Joe and Shamet in the starting lineup also kills the bench unit's spacing. Green's the only one that has hit the 3 consistently this season (and lately he's come back down to Earth).
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,847

Post#304 » by MrDollarBills » Fri May 7, 2021 9:04 pm

Prokorov wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Lol at Nash saying we just missed shots....

Nash is actually 100% right, when you play no defense and don't rebound your only hope of winning is to outscore/shoot the other team. That was the 7 seconds or less Suns identity.

I don't think it should or will be our identity, this is a rough stretch but good to get it out of the system before the playoffs start. Scary hours are about to be upon us.

We have 3 guys on the bench who are energetic, physical, and solid defensively and he just isnt playing them,

I mean Alize just had 21 rebounds. He plays physical. brown has been a + over our 4 game losing streak in minimal minutes. claxton may be restricted, but even before then he was sitting for LMA/Blake.

Its just overboard on spacing. you dont need 5 elite shooters to create space for our stars. many teams only have 2-3 elite shooters and still have great spacing. we should be able to have brown/alize or alize/claxton with Ky/Kd/Joe or shamet and have elite spacing still

If we have Harden, Kyrie, and KD on the floor there is no need to NOT have rebounding and defense out there with them. This is getting ridiculous and I am pretty much going to say that you've been right about Nash.

Even with just KD, Kyrie and Harris, there is no reason to not have Claxton and Brown out there.

These line ups lack balance. Give me Harden, Kyrie, Brown, KD, Claxton with Griffin, Shamet, Harris and Green in reserve and call it a day. If Shamet is playing like garbage give Alize or Tyler some burn.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#305 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri May 7, 2021 9:22 pm

Prokorov wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Lol at Nash saying we just missed shots....

I agree with you 100% and I hope Nash listens.

Maximizing shooting is the correct analytical approach but it doesn't always work in practice.

If Harris and Shamet go cold then they are essentially useless.

But we desperately need some toughness and grit out there. Shamet and Harris are soft. Jordan and Green get really lazy.

We need physical guys who give a ****. More brown, Tyler Johnson and Alize. Claxton too.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#306 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri May 7, 2021 9:23 pm

Shark wrote:Having both Joe and Shamet in the starting lineup also kills the bench unit's spacing. Green's the only one that has hit the 3 consistently this season (and lately he's come back down to Earth).

This too. Were dying for offense whenever our bench unit is out there.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#307 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri May 7, 2021 9:31 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:Just realizing that we didn't play Alize??? Wtf....

Nash n coaches need to boggle down n play guys who make differences if other guys aren't coming through.

Play your most reliable n trust the next man up

Related to your point, part of coaching is utilizing the right tool for the job. If Nash's true desire was to see more energy and effort over these last 4 games, why did his 3 biggest E&E dudes see limited minutes? I'm speaking specifically of Brown, Claxton and Alizé.

As a coach, you can't demand defense and rebounding with your words, and then consistently shortchange the PT of players who do those jobs the best for you. Your actions belie your words. What you truly want is for your shooters to rebound and defend as proficiently as your best junkyard guys do that you don't have to leave your comfort zone as a small ball, 5-out orchestrator, but that will never happen. Joe and Landry are never going to be Bruce and Nic. Heck, against playoff teams they aren't even themselves, or the guys we tout them to be!

I'm not angry, I'm not checking out on this team. We're waaaaay too talented to be struggling at this point in the season. We should know who we are. Roster/rotation familiarity, injury, tinkering: none of these reasons matter anymore. Coach em up, coach!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#308 » by LOUiS-D » Sat May 8, 2021 3:15 am

Pretty sure they're still working brown's minutes back up from injury. he was getting around 30 mins a game earlier. last three games 4, 11 and 23 minutes. I expect him to be starting again soon.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,847

Post#309 » by MrDollarBills » Sat May 8, 2021 2:16 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

I agree with you 100% and I hope Nash listens.

Maximizing shooting is the correct analytical approach but it doesn't always work in practice.

If Harris and Shamet go cold then they are essentially useless.

But we desperately need some toughness and grit out there. Shamet and Harris are soft. Jordan and Green get really lazy.

We need physical guys who give a ****. More brown, Tyler Johnson and Alize. Claxton too.

The starting line up from last game was a bad sign of things to come if Nash thinks that was a good idea.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#310 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon May 10, 2021 1:36 am

^
Honestly, I was so for the Irving-Brown-Harris-Durant-Griffin starting lineup. I'd rather see Brown than Landry in the 1st unit, same Blake over Jeff.

When Harden returns, I hope we see Claxton start. But without James feeding and guiding him, Nic isn't the supernova of efficiency that he is with the Beard.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#311 » by HardenGoat » Mon May 10, 2021 4:06 am

Claxton should start against smaller teams like Miami and Celtics. Jordan will start against 76ers. Question is Bucks. Nash started Jordan but I think Claxton should start.
andrewww
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#312 » by andrewww » Mon May 10, 2021 4:38 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:^
Honestly, I was so for the Irving-Brown-Harris-Durant-Griffin starting lineup. I'd rather see Brown than Landry in the 1st unit, same Blake over Jeff.

When Harden returns, I hope we see Claxton start. But without James feeding and guiding him, Nic isn't the supernova of efficiency that he is with the Beard.

Brown’s defense alone is more valuable than Shamet when hes hitting shots, let alone when hes cold which is a bit too frequent to justify starting him when Harden is out.

Griffin as an extra playmaker while Harden is out is another good reason him and Brown are a good fit next to Kyrie, KD and Harris for now.

When Harden is back, the question is who becomes the fifth guy? Could be any of Griffin/Green/Claxton depending on matchups. Nash also seems hesitant on starting Claxton for whatever reason.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#313 » by Prokorov » Mon May 10, 2021 2:06 pm

andrewww wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:^

Brown’s defense alone is more valuable than Shamet when hes hitting shots, let alone when hes cold which is a bit too frequent to justify starting him when Harden is out.

Griffin as an extra playmaker while Harden is out is another good reason him and Brown are a good fit next to Kyrie, KD and Harris for now.

When Harden is back, the question is who becomes the fifth guy? Could be any of Griffin/Green/Claxton depending on matchups. Nash also seems hesitant on starting Claxton for whatever reason.

For me it has to be:

Harden | Kyrie | Brown | KD | Claxton

and thats not over-reacting to Harris recent play, ive said this for a while now. We have 3 of the 10 best offensive players in the league on the floor. all 3 of them are elite from three point range. Joe gives us elite spacing, but we still have great spacing without him.

Start with Brown/Claxton and add shooting to adjust of its not working instead of starting with shooting and adjusting with defense if its not working.

Return to Brooklyn Nets