ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#1 » by Paradise » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:57 pm

For the first time ever, the Nets will main event on Christmas.

Read on Twitter
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#2 » by Prokorov » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:38 pm

Paradise wrote:For the first time ever, the Nets will main event on Christmas.

Read on Twitter

AWFUL!!!!!!!

Nets v. Knicks needs to be christmas. period. not these fake contrived rivalries. there is no nets/celtics. there is no nets/lakers. have boston play the lakers and go nets v. knicks.

should be nets/lakers opening night. no one cares about the bucks.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,846

Post#3 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:50 pm

KILL the F_CKING BUCKS!!! NO MERCY
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise

Post#4 » by Paradise » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:07 pm

Prokorov wrote:

Read on Twitter

AWFUL!!!!!!!

Nets v. Knicks needs to be christmas. period. not these fake contrived rivalries. there is no nets/celtics. there is no nets/lakers. have boston play the lakers and go nets v. knicks.

Lol Stop it. The Bucks are a big deal right now. They will be getting the banner raised in front of the Big 3 on opening night is the perfect ratings draw. It’s the same way, Dallas got their ring night ceremony against the Big 3 Heat on Christmas Day.

Nets @ Lakers will be the most star studded matchup we’ve ever seen on Christmas and both are NBA title co favorites by odds makers…Kyrie/KD/Harden/Griffin vs LeBron/Westbrook/AD/Melo is a no brainer.
Paradise

Post#5 » by Paradise » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:20 pm

@ Bucks, @ Sixers before our home opener.

[tweet]
Read on Twitter
?s=21[/tweet
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#6 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:37 pm

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Read on Twitter

AWFUL!!!!!!!

Lol Stop it. The Bucks are a big deal right now. They will be getting the banner raised in front of the Big 3 on opening night is the perfect ratings draw. It’s the same way, Dallas got their ring night ceremony against the Big 3 Heat on Christmas Day.

Nets @ Lakers will be the most star studded matchup we’ve ever seen on Christmas and both are NBA title co favorites by odds makers…Kyrie/KD/Harden/Griffin vs LeBron/Westbrook/AD/Melo is a no brainer.

Yeah. No one cares about the Knicks outside of NYC, so it makes sense to schedule a big time clash between the title faves on Christmas Night. Expect the ratings to be through the roof.

But that's far from now. My main focus is October 19th:

SOON.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#7 » by Prokorov » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:58 pm

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Read on Twitter

AWFUL!!!!!!!

the reasons you mentioned are why you open the season with lakers/nets.

Chrismas is a sacred NBA day... its like the NFL with thanksgiving. build tradition and play rivals.

Lakers celtics
bulls pistons
nets knicks

that kind of thing. every year.

Bucks nets on opening night is as blah as it gets. no one takes the bucks title serious. if they wanted bucker opening night bring in zion or something against them and open with nets/lakers which people actually want to see.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#8 » by Prokorov » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:00 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
AWFUL!!!!!!!

Yeah. No one cares about the Knicks outside of NYC, so it makes sense to schedule a big time clash between the title faves on Christmas Night. Expect the ratings to be through the roof.

SOON.

christmas is for matchups that matter no matter the year or the records. ''

you want hype, open the season with it.

no one cares about nets bucks. what does beating them do? they beat us when it counts. in the playoffs i want the bucks, not opening night. we beat them by 100 on opening night it doesnt mean jack
Paradise

Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#9 » by Paradise » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:13 pm

So, guys. Our first two games are at Bucks on Tuesday, at Sixers on Friday.

There’s a chance our first home game is after the Bucks game on Wednesday (Knicks) which would make it our first back-to-back.

I fully expect us to have a Top 5 hardest schedule in the league this year.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#10 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:47 pm

Paradise wrote:So, guys. Our first two games are at Bucks on Tuesday, at Sixers on Friday.

There’s a chance our first home game is after the Bucks game on Wednesday (Knicks) which would make it our first back-to-back.

I fully expect us to have a Top 5 hardest schedule in the league this year.

These teams have to play against us. It's not a question if we can beat them, but if they can beat us.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#11 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:48 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:

SOON.

christmas is for matchups that matter no matter the year or the records. ''

you want hype, open the season with it.

no one cares about nets bucks. what does beating them do? they beat us when it counts. in the playoffs i want the bucks, not opening night. we beat them by 100 on opening night it doesnt mean jack

I care. I want to crush them every game we play against them regular season and playoffs. I despise them.

3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#12 » by 3pt_chucker » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:37 am

Couldn't ask for a better Christmas Day match up. This reminds me of huge Warriors vs Cavs, Heat vs Lakers, Celtics vs Lakers of years past. Knicks v Nets would be meh (would probably be load management games too) and no one outside of NYC would care.

Really glad we open vs the Bucks. Reminds the guys immediately of what could've been but also allows them to send an early statement of intent to the Bucs and the league.

I'm pumped. The only downside is that these games are on the road.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#13 » by Prokorov » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:31 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:Couldn't ask for a better Christmas Day match up. This reminds me of huge Warriors vs Cavs, Heat vs Lakers, Celtics vs Lakers of years past. Knicks v Nets would be meh (would probably be load management games too) and no one outside of NYC would care.

Really glad we open vs the Bucks. Reminds the guys immediately of what could've been but also allows them to send an early statement of intent to the Bucs and the league.

EVERY nets/knicks game in the Kyrie era has been a good one.

This years games were all close (Nets by 7, Nets by 3, Nets by 2) and some came down to last second heroics by Kyrie.

The prior year we split with the knicks 2-2 with 2 late game wins and a 50 point kyrie game

The idea we would load manage on christmas day is absurd. and knicks/nets has been must see tv in the thibs/randle vs kyrie/kd era. Even whenone or both teams stink, there is always chirping and a tough game most times.

The bucks is blah. if we beat them by 100 thats no statement. that is fugazy chest thumping while they get a ring. no one cares about 1 of 82. especially on ring night. We all know how that series goes if Kyrie doesnt get hurt. winning opening night proves nothing. and the game will be blah. the bucks play a snooze fest brand of awful basketball where giannis throws himself at the rim.

i would 100% rather open with nets/lakers which is hype and would be fun. and go knicks/nets on christmas day as a tradition.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#14 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:43 pm

Prokorov wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:Couldn't ask for a better Christmas Day match up. This reminds me of huge Warriors vs Cavs, Heat vs Lakers, Celtics vs Lakers of years past. Knicks v Nets would be meh (would probably be load management games too) and no one outside of NYC would care.

This years games were all close (Nets by 7, Nets by 3, Nets by 2) and some came down to last second heroics by Kyrie.

The prior year we split with the knicks 2-2 with 2 late game wins and a 50 point kyrie game

The idea we would load manage on christmas day is absurd. and knicks/nets has been must see tv in the thibs/randle vs kyrie/kd era. Even whenone or both teams stink, there is always chirping and a tough game most times.

The bucks is blah. if we beat them by 100 thats no statement. that is fugazy chest thumping while they get a ring. no one cares about 1 of 82. especially on ring night. We all know how that series goes if Kyrie doesnt get hurt. winning opening night proves nothing. and the game will be blah. the bucks play a snooze fest brand of awful basketball where giannis throws himself at the rim.

i would 100% rather open with nets/lakers which is hype and would be fun. and go knicks/nets on christmas day as a tradition.

No one outside of New York cares about the Knicks, so it makes sense for the NBA to schedule a match up between the two biggest stars in the league and their respective super teams. The league and Disney want ratings for that 8pm christmas night slot. Most casual watchers probably can't even name three players on the Knicks.

The games between the Nets and Knicks are fun to watch, but nationwide people want to see the Nets play against other stars, and not against Julius Randle and treadmill team that is guaranteed 1st round out.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#15 » by Prokorov » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:30 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

No one outside of New York cares about the Knicks, so it makes sense for the NBA to schedule a match up between the two biggest stars in the league and their respective super teams. The league and Disney want ratings for that 8pm christmas night slot. Most casual watchers probably can't even name three players on the Knicks.

The games between the Nets and Knicks are fun to watch, but nationwide people want to see the Nets play against other stars, and not against Julius Randle and treadmill team that is guaranteed 1st round out.

i dont think thats true, given that 2 of the 3 games vs knicks last year were national games. I also think the nets will draw on chritmas day regardless.

opening night i think makes more sense for nets lakers. give the fans that to open the year. no one outside milwaukee cares about the bucks.. and id be shocked if the knicks dont outdraw the bucks out of market, despite the gap in success between the two.
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,729

Post#16 » by Wonka » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:59 pm

You guys are still mad at the Bucks? Nice 8-)

Prokorov, you came to our board ACTING all nice and sweet until things didn’t go your way. It’s always fun to see you entitled fans get your comeuppance. Win with class, lose with class. Find something else in your life to bitch about my guy.

Although, we over at the Bucks board do enjoy the free entertainment…
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#17 » by 3pt_chucker » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:31 pm

Wonka wrote:You guys are still mad at the Bucks? Nice 8-)

Prokorov, you came to our board ACTING all nice and sweet until things didn’t go your way. It’s always fun to see you entitled fans get your comeuppance. Win with class, lose with class. Find something else in your life to bitch about my guy.

I think(speaking for many Nets fans here) we are more salty than mad. It's one thing if the Nets lost at full strength but to loose mainly due to injuries and then see the path the Bucks had, it feels like a chip that got away.
Paradise

Post#18 » by Paradise » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:13 am

You guys still going to act like you have some innocent ass franchise player?

buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#19 » by buckboy » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:26 am

Paradise wrote:

You guys still going to act like you have some innocent ass franchise player?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#20 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:50 am

You guys come on our board routinely to cry your eyes out to our mods over me saying mean things to you guys, so you should be the last one talking about us providing free entertainment :lol: you're all fragile. You had a dude on here last week crying and threatening to report the mods on this board. You're all pathetic.

And winning with class? You dudes were on your board laughing about Giannis injuring Kyrie. You should be the last ones to ever say this. You guys are all complete scumbags and then you come on here trying to act holier than thou. It's hilarious

Return to Brooklyn Nets