ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,546

Re: Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#41 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:37 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#42 » by Paradise » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:40 pm

Interesting start to the schedule.

@ Bucks
@ Sixers
Vs Hornets

We could establish 1st place very early on.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#43 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:43 pm

Bucks sixers on the road b2b?

Game on NBA
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Paradise

Post#44 » by Paradise » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:54 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:Bucks sixers on the road b2b?

Game on NBA

We play Milwaukee on Tuesday and Philly on Friday. So, the first b2b is Sixers/Hornets.
Paradise

Post#45 » by Paradise » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:58 pm

Warriors @ Nets - November 16th

Knicks @ Nets - November 30th

Bucks @ Nets - January 7th on ESPN

Lakers @ Nets - January 25th on TNT

Nets @ Warriors - January 29th on ESPN

Nets @ Knicks - Feb 16th

Nets @ Bucks - Feb 26th on ABC

Bucks @ Nets - March 31st on TNT

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#46 » by Prokorov » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:04 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:That "Won Game 1 Of The Regular Season" banner sure will look good next to the "Would Have Made 2021 ECF If Not For Injuries" banner. There should be plenty of space up there in those rafters.

While i agree with the sentiment that winning the regular season game means nothing and even fi we won by 200 its stupid irrelevant competed to the playoffs.

That said, it is kind of a weak flex to make comments about "room in the rafters" for a team that hadnt been relevant for like 50 years prior to winning the title, with not much hanging fiserv forum rafters other then some really dusty stuff from oscars days.

look a title is a title, but you are in here like you just three peated or something when you beat a kryie/hardenless nets, avoided philly, beat an injured trae, then avoided lebron and kawhi in the finals.

so take your ring and thank your lucky starts you scraped by.

If only having two titles makes the Bucks irrelevant then what does that say about the Nets?

Best of luck to your team next year, hopefully they can improve and possibly even make the ECF. If it doesn't happen I worry the "I hope Bucks fans die a slow and painful death" guy might go out and hurt someone.

The Nets are more relevant without a title then the bucks are with it. there is a reason guys like KD/Kyrie/Harden signed/forced their way here. The only real different between the nets/bucks historically is that the Nets started in the ABA, so their titles reside there. Again, it is a weird flex coming in talking about banners in the rafters like you are the lakers or something.

As far as MDB goes, he went over the top... he usuaully does. but he is right, you are kind of being a d-bag.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#47 » by Prokorov » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:06 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

Schedule is awful.

idiotic opening night match (not having lakers/nets opening night is beyond stupid)

X-mas matching is also dumn. needs to be knicks/nets. lakers/clippers

Home opener is second of a back to back so half our roster sits out?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#48 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:57 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

Schedule is awful.

idiotic opening night match (not having lakers/nets opening night is beyond stupid)

Are we really going to rest on a back to back so early in the season?

I agree though, scheduling our home open on the tail end of a B2B is a dick move by the league.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#49 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:02 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
While i agree with the sentiment that winning the regular season game means nothing and even fi we won by 200 its stupid irrelevant competed to the playoffs.

That said, it is kind of a weak flex to make comments about "room in the rafters" for a team that hadnt been relevant for like 50 years prior to winning the title, with not much hanging fiserv forum rafters other then some really dusty stuff from oscars days.

look a title is a title, but you are in here like you just three peated or something when you beat a kryie/hardenless nets, avoided philly, beat an injured trae, then avoided lebron and kawhi in the finals.

so take your ring and thank your lucky starts you scraped by.

If only having two titles makes the Bucks irrelevant then what does that say about the Nets?

Best of luck to your team next year, hopefully they can improve and possibly even make the ECF. If it doesn't happen I worry the "I hope Bucks fans die a slow and painful death" guy might go out and hurt someone.

The Nets are more relevant without a title then the bucks are with it. there is a reason guys like KD/Kyrie/Harden signed/forced their way here. The only real different between the nets/bucks historically is that the Nets started in the ABA, so their titles reside there. Again, it is a weird flex coming in talking about banners in the rafters like you are the lakers or something.

As far as MDB goes, he went over the top... he usuaully does. but he is right, you are kind of being a d-bag.

You know it, I'm coming right off the top rope with an elbow drop on these trolling douchebags :lol: no mercy, his buddy came in here wishing death upon me i'll wish it right back to the both of them and anyone else who wants the smoke idgaf.

MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#50 » by MiltownHawkeye » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:08 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:If only having two titles makes the Bucks irrelevant then what does that say about the Nets?

You know it, I'm coming right off the top rope with an elbow drop on these trolling douchebags :lol: no mercy, his buddy came in here wishing death upon me i'll wish it right back to the both of them and anyone else who wants the smoke idgaf.

Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#51 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:21 pm

Bucks fans coming off as so bitter by coming into our thread.

The truth is the Bucks had the easiest path to a Championship in NBA history. They had 0% chance of beating the Nets with Kyrie or healthy Harden. And were merely lucky KD's foot was an inch back.

They will get slaughtered in the playoffs this year if the Nets can manage to be healthy. And they know it.

20 years from now their Championship will be remembered like the '06 Heat. A fluke.
Paradise

Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#52 » by Paradise » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:52 pm

Prok will be happy now.

[quote]Knicks @ Nets - Sunday, March 13th on ABC

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#53 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:00 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Bucks fans coming off as so bitter by coming into our thread.

The truth is the Bucks had the easiest path to a Championship in NBA history. They had 0% chance of beating the Nets with Kyrie or healthy Harden. And were merely lucky KD's foot was an inch back.

They will get slaughtered in the playoffs this year if the Nets can manage to be healthy. And they know it.

20 years from now their Championship will be remembered like the '06 Heat. A fluke.

Yep. And they know this. That's why they continue to lurk here and watch our threads, because they are a bunch of insecure chucklef*cks.

There's no coincidence that as soon as we started talking trash, excited for our season to start, they come running over here like the pack of insecure bitches that they are trying to pour cold water on us. They know their team got the luckiest break any "Championship" team has had since God knows when. KD and LeBron's teams were both were racked with injuries, they end up barely beating Kevin Durant by himself, and go on to cruise past two middle of the pack treadmill clubs to win.

They're frauds and their fanbase full of asswipes can't handle the fact being thrown in their faces.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#54 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:03 pm

Paradise wrote:Prok will be happy now.

Knicks @ Nets - Sunday, March 13th on ABC

Read on Twitter

The entire schedule is out and we've got an interesting first few weeks. I think we'll cruise undefeated until we face our first real test versus Miami on October 27th. After that, we should massacre the rest of October and November to firmly plant ourselves in 1st overall.

Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#55 » by Lamak » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:12 pm

this bucks rivalry is heating up and that christmas day game is going to be an instant classic
Brooklyn Nets
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,709

Post#56 » by Wonka » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:03 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:If only having two titles makes the Bucks irrelevant then what does that say about the Nets?

I said have fun dying alone, I didn’t wish death upon you lol. AGAIN. Please learn how to read and contextualize.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#57 » by Prokorov » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:47 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

Schedule is awful.

I agree though, scheduling our home open on the tail end of a B2B is a dick move by the league.

We just lost a championship to injury and will likely have just extended all of the big 3 to deals worth 40+ million annually.

I see no way we dont start load management day 1.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#58 » by Prokorov » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:50 pm

i don think we will come out with a ton of wins. good teams looking to make a statement while we will likely just try and stay healthy.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#59 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:53 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Schedule is awful.

We just lost a championship to injury and will likely have just extended all of the big 3 to deals worth 40+ million annually.

I see no way we dont start load management day 1.

Well luckily, we have the fewest back to backs, so we can punt some of those.

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#60 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:46 am

After nerding out sufficiently on the NBA's schedule release, here are my thoughts on our Nets:

Rest is our friend, and our W-L record's enemy. As one of the oldest teams in the league, even with up to 5 rookies, it behooves us to load manage for the long haul.

For the season, I predict we will go 61-21, good for 1st in the East and 2nd overall. I envision 13 prime opportunities for us to rest our Big 3, and in those games I have us going 4-9. That means at full strength, I see us going 57-12, on pace for one of the all-time regular season best winning %'s.

As we know, it isn't about the regular season. The key is keeping Kyrie, Harden and Durant as fresh as reasonably possible for the playoffs.

I've warmed to the idea of Cameron Thomas being an immediate contributor. I still don't think he'll have a consistent 18mpg role for 82 games, but in games where 2 of the superstars sit, he could feature. That way, we keep the 2nd unit guards in their typical role, while he leapfrogs from the deep bench to being a guy that could take 15 shots in a game. He'll get to apprentice for the go-to scoring role, like the D'Artagnian for our 3 Musketeers.

With a bit of luck, we could win it all, AND get our youngsters some valuable experience. Best of both worlds.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Brooklyn Nets