Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: Around the NBA: 2021-22 Season Thread 

Post#221 » by GTR11 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 3:22 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Boom goes dynamite. If Morey will be able to get Dame for Ben, I say Harden will be out next year.

Thank you Kyrie.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,855

Post#222 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Dec 6, 2021 5:12 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Boom goes dynamite. If Morey will be able to get Dame for Ben, I say Harden will be out next year.

Thank you Kyrie.

Harden isn't going to take a paycut to play for the Sixers.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#223 » by GTR11 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 5:25 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Thank you Kyrie.

Harden isn't going to take a paycut to play for the Sixers.

There are four teams that can make it work. My bet is Detroit will get involved to absorb some salary. It's very doable, player like Maxey can make them go extra mile imo.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#224 » by HardenGoat » Mon Dec 6, 2021 7:11 pm

Kyrie has hogtied the organization with his refusal to play and refusal to be traded. Brutal. All this because he is mad at the country. He is taking his political frustrations out on a team built with players he promised he would help, players that altered the course of their careers. Beyond sad.. perhaps the most selfish thing I have ever seen coming from a person claiming they care. This is a person being paid millions to represent a city and relied upon by coaches, players, business partners, who's skills are directly needed to attain the mission and goal itself. Instead he chooses to sit home, still get paid millions mind you, watching his brothers play from his couch and cherry picking the tweets supporting his "inner strength".
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#225 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 10:31 pm

HardenGoat wrote:Kyrie has hogtied the organization with his refusal to play and refusal to be traded. Brutal. All this because he is mad at the country. He is taking his political frustrations out on a team built with players he promised he would help, players that altered the course of their careers. Beyond sad.. perhaps the most selfish thing I have ever seen coming from a person claiming they care. This is a person being paid millions to represent a city and relied upon by coaches, players, business partners, who's skills are directly needed to attain the mission and goal itself. Instead he chooses to sit home, still get paid millions mind you, watching his brothers play from his couch and cherry picking the tweets supporting his "inner strength".

BIG FACTS
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#226 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Dec 7, 2021 1:50 pm

Read on Twitter

Kanter is dog whistling coward. LeBron said he saw Kanter the other day and dude walked right by him and didn't say a word :lol:

NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#227 » by NetsWorld » Tue Dec 7, 2021 6:57 pm

Indy moving towards a fire sale, do we try and nab Turner and/or Levert somehow with a three-team deal? Turner would help us in the paint and give Harden someone who can convert on alley oops and pick and roll.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#228 » by Prokorov » Tue Dec 7, 2021 8:34 pm

KD35Netted wrote:Indy moving towards a fire sale, do we try and nab Turner and/or Levert somehow with a three-team deal? Turner would help us in the paint and give Harden someone who can convert on alley oops and pick and roll.

Turner isnt a lob or pick and roll threat. he is a pick and pop player and not as good as it as LMA. he provides shot blocking improvement, but overall isnt great defensively.

Levert is unreliable both to play and as a shooter and his team every year of his career has both a better record and net +/- without him.

Sabonis im not sure fits, but love him as a player.

none of them move the needle close to enough.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#229 » by Prokorov » Tue Dec 7, 2021 8:38 pm

HardenGoat wrote:Kyrie has hogtied the organization with his refusal to play and refusal to be traded. Brutal. All this because he is mad at the country. He is taking his political frustrations out on a team built with players he promised he would help, players that altered the course of their careers. Beyond sad.. perhaps the most selfish thing I have ever seen coming from a person claiming they care. This is a person being paid millions to represent a city and relied upon by coaches, players, business partners, who's skills are directly needed to attain the mission and goal itself. Instead he chooses to sit home, still get paid millions mind you, watching his brothers play from his couch and cherry picking the tweets supporting his "inner strength".

None of this is even remotely true.

bottom line. you can't blame Kyrie for the pandemic or the mandate. you can be frustrated with his personal decision, but at the end of the day who are you or anyone to tell him what to do. he was playing road games until the team decided they prefer him not to.

the constraints put on him are not his doing. he is operating with in systems the team and state have put in place. constraints that are not there for 90% of the league mind you.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach

Post#230 » by HardenGoat » Wed Dec 8, 2021 1:03 am

Prokorov wrote:

bottom line. you can't blame Kyrie for the pandemic or the mandate. you can be frustrated with his personal decision, but at the end of the day who are you or anyone to tell him what to do. he was playing road games until the team decided they prefer him not to.

the constraints put on him are not his doing. he is operating with in systems the team and state have put in place. constraints that are not there for 90% of the league mind you.

Iam not blaming him for the pandemic. I’m just shocked he would refuse something as simple as a vaccination with the preponderance of evidence it is safe. Iam shocked he would choose this knowing it means he can’t help the team he built with Durant achieve a goal that is so important to every player that joined the team. Why would he refuse to help his team in any way he can. The team didn’t make the mandate. Why not retire or accept a trade in that case? It would be the noble thing to do. The fact he said he would retire if traded just means he doesn’t care a lick about his team in any way just himself.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#231 » by Prokorov » Wed Dec 8, 2021 4:01 am

HardenGoat wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Iam not blaming him for the pandemic. I’m just shocked he would refuse something as simple as a vaccination with the preponderance of evidence it is safe. Iam shocked he would choose this knowing it means he can’t help the team he built with Durant achieve a goal that is so important to every player that joined the team. Why would he refuse to help his team in any way he can. The team didn’t make the mandate. Why not retire or accept a trade in that case? It would be the noble thing to do. The fact he said he would retire if traded just means he doesn’t care a lick about his team in any way just himself.

safe is relative. given current risk, no getting vaccinated for someone his age is also safe. maybe its about alot more then being safe. this is a guy who is really concerned about what goes in his body, and has a big distrust for drug and food companies (and its not some off the wall thing, monsanto and merck have done some pretty gross stuff). there is alot of room between anti-vax and just being concerned about whats in what you are taking. its important enough to him he is giving up millions and playing for a title with his best friend.

in a time when people bash plays for being greedy and all about the money here is a guy giving that up to be true to himself and what he believes.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#232 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Dec 8, 2021 1:32 pm

Prokorov wrote: given current risk, no getting vaccinated for someone his age is also safe.

WTF.

No it is not, Prok this is a horrific take and I'm honestly saddened that you would even say this garbage. The science and data all point to getting vaccinated. The virus effects people differently and there are plenty of people Kyrie's age who have died from this or are suffering from long haul covid.

Kyrie is an idiot, like all antivaxxers are. There is nothing noble or honorable about what he is doing.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#233 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Dec 8, 2021 1:35 pm

I think we should try to see if Indiana wants to bite on dumping some salary our way for Kyrie's contract. Sabonis or Turner would be a solid grab for this team.

HardenGoat
Assistant Coach

Post#234 » by HardenGoat » Wed Dec 8, 2021 3:00 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I think we should try to see if Indiana wants to bite on dumping some salary our way for Kyrie's contract. Sabonis or Turner would be a solid grab for this team.

Either one I would be ecstatic. Turner paired with Harden would be scary. Sabonis is one of the hardest workers I have seen and he would also help patch up our paint issues.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#235 » by Prokorov » Wed Dec 8, 2021 7:50 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote: given current risk, no getting vaccinated for someone his age is also safe.

WTF.

No it is not, Prok this is a horrific take and I'm honestly saddened that you would even say this garbage. The science and data all point to getting vaccinated. The virus effects people differently and there are plenty of people Kyrie's age who have died from this or are suffering from long haul covid.

Kyrie is an idiot, like all antivaxxers are. There is nothing noble or honorable about what he is doing.

Vaccines SIGNIFICANTLY reduce your risk of getting COVID and how severe it is....

that said, be an unvaccinated otherwise healthy 30 year old your chance of serious symptoms is less then 1% especially if you are taking other precautions. keep in mind, 70-80% of the population is vaccinated, which reduces risk for the unvaxxed as well.

"plenty of people" is anecdotal. the numbers are there. it is much closer to endemic at this time. there isnt 0 risk, but it certainly is not super risky at this point for healthy people under 65, the data shows.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#236 » by Prokorov » Wed Dec 8, 2021 7:51 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I think we should try to see if Indiana wants to bite on dumping some salary our way for Kyrie's contract. Sabonis or Turner would be a solid grab for this team.

Turner doesnt move the needle.

Sabonis might a bit. i dont think enough to offset the potential of kyrie. Sabonis isnt a great fit either. his calibur of player/age on a better fit id probably do.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#237 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 9, 2021 1:58 am

Prokorov wrote:

Sabonis might a bit. i dont think enough to offset the potential of kyrie. Sabonis isnt a great fit either. his calibur of player/age on a better fit id probably do.

Turner is shooting 39% from three and racks 2 blocks a game. How does he not move the needle?

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#238 » by Prokorov » Thu Dec 9, 2021 3:15 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Turner is shooting 39% from three and racks 2 blocks a game. How does he not move the needle?

Because he is a poor mans aldridge. the blocks are nice, but overall his defense is nuetral to negative. ask pacers fans, they have wanted to dump him for a while. Sabonis is the guy you want
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#239 » by Prokorov » Thu Dec 9, 2021 3:17 am

pathetic. why did we abandon the pick and roll?

F U nash
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#240 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 3:51 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Because he is a poor mans aldridge. the blocks are nice, but overall his defense is nuetral to negative. ask pacers fans, they have wanted to dump him for a while. Sabonis is the guy you want

I'm not keen on the Turner/Aldridge comparison, but I agree that Myles is more sizzle than steak. Joel openly talks about how much he enjoys dominating him in head to head matchups, Giannis has had similar success. Blake is a better defender against those guys than Turner, as odd and unlikely as that sounds.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Brooklyn Nets