SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Re: Around the NBA: 2021-22 Season Thread 

Post#382 » by gigantes » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:42 pm

Yikes... the Devin Booker injury situation's gotta be pretty distressing as a PHO fan.

I hadn't realised until just now that his hamstring pulls have been a recurring issue, and arguably cost them the finals last year, when he pulled a hammy yet again but tried to play through it and keep it low key.

In the wake of that, I could definitely see the Dubs coming out of the West with Curry now playing again, and a fully-integrated, healthy KThompson, plus their rising young guys Poole and GP2 playing so well. But maybe most surprising of anything, their defense becoming so excellent this season. Even Curry and Wiggins have been impressive on that end.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#383 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:05 pm

terrance ross wants a trade. he is a good fit here.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,855

Post#384 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:27 pm

Prokorov wrote:terrance ross wants a trade. he is a good fit here.

his shooting went into the toilet this year though. very steep drop off too
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#385 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:34 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:terrance ross wants a trade. he is a good fit here.

his shooting went into the toilet this year though. very steep drop off too

he clearly was tuned out. he wanted out last year. it was clear he wasnt part of the present or future. inconsistent scattered minutes and no role.

id take him on his size/athleticism alone.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#386 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:13 pm

The irony of James Harden having to face the Heat without Embiid is not lost on me.

He's gonna fold so hard.

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#387 » by GTR11 » Sun May 1, 2022 9:30 pm

Bill, Oakley, Rodman etc I don't even know where and when to stop are flipping in their graves. They really ejected Draymond :noway:
GTR11
RealGM

Post#388 » by GTR11 » Tue May 10, 2022 5:52 am

Just shows you that even best of them make bad decisions. This is just recent one, Pat made more than enough to be on a hot seat.

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=kKxQZgCNtFsFcJNOAhbDZg

Marks is not perfect by any means. However, losing him will be catastrophic!!!
gigantes
Starter

Post#389 » by gigantes » Tue May 10, 2022 7:06 am

Okay, maybe I need to be booted as a Nets fan, but since Giannis undercut Kyrie last year, I'd much rather the Celts advance than the Bucks. It's crazy, but Giannis used to be my hero-player when he was younger, but I just see him throwing himself around too much these days, and I hate it. Not just the Kyrie thing last year. It's just not basketball past a certain point IMO.

Also, Brown & Tatum have a way better-built cast than we do, and they're young stars who've been working to come out the East for years. Yeah, I've hated the Celts since growing up in Philly, but I don't hate the J's, and their/our coach. Not a big Smart fan, but that's just one player. Still, I'll take him any day vs. those flop-heads in Milwaukee, plus any miserable franchise that would take that piece of human rubbish, Grayson Allen.

Go, J's and Ime!
Jay555
Sixth Man
And1: 861

Post#390 » by Jay555 » Tue May 10, 2022 8:24 am

gigantes wrote:Okay, maybe I need to be booted as a Nets fan, but since Giannis undercut Kyrie last year, I'd much rather the Celts advance than the Bucks. It's crazy, but Giannis used to be my hero-player when he was younger, but I just see him throwing himself around too much these days, and I hate it. Not just the Kyrie thing last year. It's just not basketball past a certain point IMO.

Also, Brown & Tatum have a way better-built cast than we do, and they're young stars who've been working to come out the East for years. Yeah, I've hated the Celts since growing up in Philly, but I don't hate the J's, and their/our coach. Not a big Smart fan, but that's just one player. Still, I'll take him any day vs. those flop-heads in Milwaukee, plus any miserable franchise that would take that piece of human rubbish, Grayson Allen.

Go, J's and Ime!

Without Middleton, I donot think Bucks have enough to win tho. Celtics in 7.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#391 » by TheNetsFan » Tue May 10, 2022 5:49 pm

gigantes wrote:Okay, maybe I need to be booted as a Nets fan, but since Giannis undercut Kyrie last year, I'd much rather the Celts advance than the Bucks. It's crazy, but Giannis used to be my hero-player when he was younger, but I just see him throwing himself around too much these days, and I hate it. Not just the Kyrie thing last year. It's just not basketball past a certain point IMO.

Go, J's and Ime!

I don't disagree. As much as I loathe rooting for a Boston team, especially the Celtics, these are not the Danny Ainge/Paul Pierce (who I despised even when on the Nets) Celtics. For the most part, they're a very likable, hard working bunch.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#392 » by MrDollarBills » Tue May 10, 2022 7:41 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:

Go, J's and Ime!

I don't disagree. As much as I loathe rooting for a Boston team, especially the Celtics, these are not the Danny Ainge/Paul Pierce (who I despised even when on the Nets) Celtics. For the most part, they're a very likable, hard working bunch.

I was actually happy to see them win. They really are a likeable bunch of guys. Smart is annoying on the court but when you hear him speak off the court he comes off as a humble dude, I've been wanting the Nets to bring him over here. And of course, Udoka.

I have no ill will towards the Celtics team. The fans are another story.

gigantes
Starter

Post#393 » by gigantes » Wed May 11, 2022 9:06 pm

Thanks, fellas. I don't feel like a total Benedict Arnold now. (lol, not sure anyone here knows that term)

Moving on...

Damn, I was hoping either Joel & team or Luka & team would score the upset last night. Instead all my guys got crushed.

TBH I feel kinda vindicated by JKidd's team overachieving like this. Seems like everyone in the world was slagging him off when the Mavs hired him, but for me it felt like living in an asylum, surrounded by babblers.

Because for me, Kidd pulled off some good sh-t at *every one* of his coaching gigs. Specifically, including getting a team of broken-down former stars to form a great defensive-team until they inevitably met a more talented team, and making the *unusual* decision to make a rookie, 6'11" center-type a PG.

What kinda cemented all that for me was a couple interviews around his Lakers-coaching years, in which he admitted major mistakes as a HC, and talked about his desire to grow and become smarter, hoping to do a better job next chance he got.

See? Now that's just MY kinda mother. (lol)

As for Joel--
Yeah, I *hate* how Harden dogged us like that, but tell you hwat-- he wasn't wrong. Nash doesn't have the slightest clue about healthy-staggered minutes, and at this rate, an older Beard was pretty much bound to repeat the season before. (seriously: I can't believe what a complete dunce Steve Nash has been at managing minutes, especially after last year's debacle)

That said-- I think the loss of Harden highlighted an especially glaring problem across the Marks's constructed Nets, and it's that relying on KI & KD as 'substitute PG's' has been completely disastrous when it comes to competing against top teams.

Nothing against Paddy, Scurry et al, but IMO we still need a good, starter-quality PG in the worst way.

Anyway-- Go Joel! :D
And if Beard helps him out, then okay.
(yeah I'm still angry, but I can live with that.. I think)
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#394 » by MrDollarBills » Wed May 11, 2022 9:35 pm

gigantes wrote:Thanks, fellas. I don't feel like a total Benedict Arnold now. (lol, not sure anyone here knows that term)

Moving on...

Damn, I was hoping either Joel & team or Luka & team would score the upset last night. Instead all my guys got crushed.

TBH I feel kinda vindicated by JKidd's team overachieving like this. Seems like everyone in the world was slagging him off when the Mavs hired him, but for me it felt like living in an asylum, surrounded by babblers.

Because for me, Kidd pulled off some good sh-t at *every one* of his coaching gigs. Specifically, including getting a team of broken-down former stars to form a great defensive-team until they inevitably met a more talented team, and making the *unusual* decision to make a rookie, 6'11" center-type a PG.

What kinda cemented all that for me was a couple interviews around his Lakers-coaching years, in which he admitted major mistakes as a HC, and talked about his desire to grow and become smarter, hoping to do a better job next chance he got.

As for Joel--
Yeah, I *hate* how Harden dogged us like that, but tell you hwat-- he wasn't wrong. Nash doesn't have the slightest clue about healthy-staggered minutes, and at this rate, an older Beard was pretty much bound to repeat the season before. (seriously: I can't believe what a complete dunce Steve Nash has been at managing minutes, especially after last year's debacle)

That said-- I think the loss of Harden highlighted an especially glaring problem across the Marks's constructed Nets, and it's that relying on KI & KD as 'substitute PG's' has been completely disastrous when it comes to competing against top teams.

Nothing against Paddy, Scurry et al, but IMO we still need a good, starter-quality PG in the worst way.

Nah I want Philly to lose. Harden needs to face a reckoning for what he did.

Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,839

Post#395 » by Karate Diop » Thu May 12, 2022 3:31 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
gigantes wrote:Thanks, fellas. I don't feel like a total Benedict Arnold now. (lol, not sure anyone here knows that term)

Moving on...

As for Joel--

Nah I want Philly to lose. Harden needs to face a reckoning for what he did.

And who doesn't love watching Baby 'Biid cry? :lol:
gigantes
Starter

Post#396 » by gigantes » Thu May 12, 2022 4:42 am

Karate Diop wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Nah I want Philly to lose. Harden needs to face a reckoning for what he did.

And who doesn't love watching Baby 'Biid cry? :lol:

Alright... truths.

Lol
gigantes
Starter

Post#397 » by gigantes » Thu May 12, 2022 4:51 am

Forgot to mention above-- when Kidd gave ownership an ultimatum about signing & trading for 3&D guys instead of whatever the hell Billy King was trying to accomplish, else he walk...?

Yeah, Kidd was 10,000x right.
Okay, and also a Richard-head for insisting on all that, yes.
(then again, why is that only players get granted such a pass?)

I guess we all have some sinking ships amidst our fandom, lol.
gigantes
Starter

Post#398 » by gigantes » Thu May 12, 2022 5:12 am

WARRIORS 95
GRIZZLES 134

WITH OUT JA?

Wha wha wha, wha wha...?!
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#399 » by therealbig3 » Thu May 12, 2022 6:56 am

Embiid is awesome, but I can't root for Philly. Harden is a POS. Will forever be below Deron Williams in terms of contributions to this franchise, and I never thought I'd say that about anyone.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#400 » by GTR11 » Thu May 12, 2022 9:51 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=cKAsp59EirZ7jyDw9N4TJw

Beating on a dead horse here but, I love this Ben trade more and more. Addition of Seth and 2 picks definitely gives me some hope for this team.

I'm still waiting on Blake to come out and blast Steve Trash. Give us who and why brought him here etc.

Return to Brooklyn Nets