ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 40,647
And1: 13,726
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES 

Post#161 » by Prokorov » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:32 am

Not a bad loss... 1st game back from a long road trip vs. a good team. Losing is not a big deal. It was a disappointing loss is several ways though. my thoughts:

1) embarrassing crowd. sounded like a road game in GSW in the finals. gross.

2) We made ZERO adjustments. none. zilch. nada. defense we switched everything for 48 minutes. offensively when they went t the triangle and 2 we just kept trying to iso into 3 players. no movement, nothing to get the ball to the paint they left wide open. it was wise by Kerr, he knows that although the nets space the floor no one is really a threat at the rim. so double outside and dare us to try and get it to a roller inside.

3) Horrific coaching by Nash and then he throws his players under the bus. awful. like at least include yourself in the crapfest we just saw.

4) despite poor shooting from three i thought harden looked great. consistently beat his man and got to the rim. Very encouraged with his continued progress towards MVP form.

5) Durant 0 FG and 3 points in the second half. that cant happen, and if it does happen, some role guy should have 100 wide open layups. you had an entire half to figure out the triangle and did nothing. Something needs to give, because we will sleep walk to 50 wins. Nash wont be fired with a record like that especially with Marks nepotism. So they need to let someone else control the in game coaching... or fire some assistants and bring in someone who knows WTF he is doing.

6) As ive said, we need a rim rolling threat. whethers its claxton or someone we bring in. all the spacing in the world doesnt matter if you dont have someone to give it to at the rim to take advantage of that space.

7) WTF was the idea with aldridge. sitting him with back to backs made sense. but we panic played him when the game was already over.

8) Johnson played really poorly, but im not going to knock a guy who is playing his first real minutes in forever vs the leagues best team. thats a bad spot to put him in.

9) We missed alot of wide open shots... even KD and Harden. Ciurry was automatic from 100 feet out. this game doesnt make me think we cant compete with the warriors. if that script is reversed, like it can on a dime, we;d be ok and all the nash issues get overlooked.

We are 10-5. still a great start and a ton of winnable games coming up. we could be 14-5 by thanksgiving and feeling good about ourselves headed into the 1/4 mark of the season.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 40,647
And1: 13,726
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES 

Post#162 » by Prokorov » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:35 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Ben Simmons is a head case. I want no part of him at all.

I'd rather just wait for kooky Kyrie to get his shot. Eventually he will do it.

If he's a head case than who is Kyrie :lol:

I didn't see no issue with Ben until Morey came over with his analytics. He hates players like him and definitely has an agenda against him.


Again tell me any reason why Kyrie is not a guilty party here? He pretty much got Kenny fired who was a good coach. Than came out talking about we don't really need coach! Am I lying here?

Man yo Kyrie boys need to take heat for this bs too, just as guilty for this bs we dealing with right now.


Kyrie is the guilty party. But I know he can help a team win a Championship on the court.

Simmons is a mental midget who passes up wide open dunks and shoots 32% from the FT line in the playoffs. Why would I want that?

Kyrie will come back eventually. He has to.

And its not his fault Kenny got fired either. KD didn't want him too.


yeah ill take 12-18 playoff games of kyrie over 82 RS + playoffs of simmons. We dont need kyrie to get a high seed, and no player or players we could get for him would come close to the impact he would have in the playoffs. even if you tell me its 90% he just retires and walks away from the game, ill take that 10% chance over whatever simmons gives me.

and yeah, Kyrie had nothing to do with Kenny. he was injured and not even travelling with the team at the time. that was mostly Dinwiddie and deandre. the book spells that out pretty clearly. KD/Kyrie didnt object. but they werent pushing it at all
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 40,647
And1: 13,726
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES 

Post#163 » by Prokorov » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:39 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:Durant basically hired Nash and Kyrie approved but didn’t think the Nets even needed a head coach. Good luck bringing in someone else at this point. It isn’t happening. We need to replace our missing star and maximize what Harden can do on the court. We have ways to improve. I think Johnson is washed and played too many meaningless minutes during a critical time. Not sure why Nash chose this of all games.


We have a bunch of rookies who could give us minutes that haven't seen the floor. Harris and Millsap were not playing. And Claxton was out.

I don't think theres no way we can improve. Johnson and Carter both suck and shouldn't see minutes in my view.


Carter makes sense, but its a delicate balance of playing him so he can get his shot back on track vs. not having him hurt you when he is out there with 2-3 other non shooters. those lineups working if he is hitting shots, if he isnt, it gets ugly.

I'm not sure im playing rookies when we have so many quality guys who deserve time, but a night like this with no harris, no milsap, end of a road trip and not being able to score 2nd-4th quarters maybe you bring in some youth/energy to try and swing momentum? doing it down 30 does nothing for us.

Weird spot to decide to run johnson out a ton of minutes, and at center. the guy has barely played. why not run him out vs 1-11 pelicans instead?
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 40,647
And1: 13,726
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES 

Post#164 » by Prokorov » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:42 am

User avatar
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
Posts: 11,832
And1: 8,460
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
   

Re: Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES 

Post#165 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:42 am

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:Durant basically hired Nash and Kyrie approved but didn’t think the Nets even needed a head coach. Good luck bringing in someone else at this point. It isn’t happening. We need to replace our missing star and maximize what Harden can do on the court. We have ways to improve. I think Johnson is washed and played too many meaningless minutes during a critical time. Not sure why Nash chose this of all games.


We have a bunch of rookies who could give us minutes that haven't seen the floor. Harris and Millsap were not playing. And Claxton was out.

I don't think theres no way we can improve. Johnson and Carter both suck and shouldn't see minutes in my view.


Carter makes sense, but its a delicate balance of playing him so he can get his shot back on track vs. not having him hurt you when he is out there with 2-3 other non shooters. those lineups working if he is hitting shots, if he isnt, it gets ugly.

I'm not sure im playing rookies when we have so many quality guys who deserve time, but a night like this with no harris, no milsap, end of a road trip and not being able to score 2nd-4th quarters maybe you bring in some youth/energy to try and swing momentum? doing it down 30 does nothing for us.

Weird spot to decide to run johnson out a ton of minutes, and at center. the guy has barely played. why not run him out vs 1-11 pelicans instead?


I feel like Carter has had enough chances. Cam Johnson is good and deserves to get some minutes.

Sharpe could maybe help our rebounding issues. Why not give these guys a chance?
HEAT33 wrote:Nets not even the best team in NY without Durant
User avatar
BKlutch
RealGM
Posts: 13,101
And1: 9,430
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES 

Post#166 » by BKlutch » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:45 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
BKlutch wrote:There ought to be a place in hell for Flat Earth Irving. I blame him for eating cap space, messing with the minds of his teammates, and becoming so toxic that he'd rather fight for his right to infect others instead of playing for the team that pays him a mere $30+ Million a year. Yes, he messed up the team composition, the rotations, the plays, and you know what? If he somehow decides to make a huge sacrifice and return to play, he'll do something else to hurt this team. Other front offices are scared of trading for him, despite his top-3 talent in the NBA, so how can the front office recoup his salary?

Nash is a young coach (in coaching years) and is only here beause Mr. Flat Earth decided Kenny Atkinson (who I loved) wasn't right for this team. But I can tell you one thing: If Kenny were still here and the team had Kryie's $30+ Million to spend, nobody would be talking about how much better the Warriors played. Most would be commenting how team play and great D stopped those West Coasters and won the game. And Barclays would be full of Nets fans, not half empty or full of Warriors' fans.

I see Kyrie as a cancer, and if he signs his player option, he'll be a cancer that has metastasized.



I agree with you, Knicks fan.

I mean you can go **** yourself, but bro I agree with you 100%.

Yep. It just hurts the game and hurts real basketball fans. This and all rivalries should always be played out on the floor.

If you love a flat Earth, how could you not love a basketball court? It’s flat, too!
.
.
.
Last season: From 21 to 41 wins!
This season: Add Evan, Kemba, and Mitch, Obi has leveled up, and 3+ rookies!
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 40,647
And1: 13,726
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES 

Post#167 » by Prokorov » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:50 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
We have a bunch of rookies who could give us minutes that haven't seen the floor. Harris and Millsap were not playing. And Claxton was out.

I don't think theres no way we can improve. Johnson and Carter both suck and shouldn't see minutes in my view.


Carter makes sense, but its a delicate balance of playing him so he can get his shot back on track vs. not having him hurt you when he is out there with 2-3 other non shooters. those lineups working if he is hitting shots, if he isnt, it gets ugly.

I'm not sure im playing rookies when we have so many quality guys who deserve time, but a night like this with no harris, no milsap, end of a road trip and not being able to score 2nd-4th quarters maybe you bring in some youth/energy to try and swing momentum? doing it down 30 does nothing for us.

Weird spot to decide to run johnson out a ton of minutes, and at center. the guy has barely played. why not run him out vs 1-11 pelicans instead?


I feel like Carter has had enough chances. Cam Johnson is good and deserves to get some minutes.

Sharpe could maybe help our rebounding issues. Why not give these guys a chance?


Carter hasn't played a ton since the first 2-3 games of the year. His defense alone is good enough to play him 10 minutes a night. If his threes are falling, which they should since he is a solid shooter, then he becomes an enormous positive. we got a snapshot of that in preseason and 2 seasons with the suns.

By Cam Johnson I assume you mean Cam Thomas? I don't see Nash playing him since he isnt a very good 3-point shooter and doesnt defend all that well. He also needs the ball to score. I can see throwing him in with the 5-man bench units for some spark now and then, but i think Nash would rather go with a defender who doesnt shoot threes well then a scorer who doesnt shoot threes well.

But a game like tonight? perfect opportunity to have brough him in the 2nd or 3rd when we could get a decent shot off or solve the triangle.

As far as sharpe, i dont think he solves the rebounding issues because they step from going small 1-4 more so then not being big enough at the 5. especially when we switch everything and you have mills/carter/bembry trying to hold their own vs. bigs. that said, again a game like this why not give him minutes over johnson for some energy and try to break momentum?
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 40,647
And1: 13,726
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES 

Post#168 » by Prokorov » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:52 am

BKlutch wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
BKlutch wrote:There ought to be a place in hell for Flat Earth Irving. I blame him for eating cap space, messing with the minds of his teammates, and becoming so toxic that he'd rather fight for his right to infect others instead of playing for the team that pays him a mere $30+ Million a year. Yes, he messed up the team composition, the rotations, the plays, and you know what? If he somehow decides to make a huge sacrifice and return to play, he'll do something else to hurt this team. Other front offices are scared of trading for him, despite his top-3 talent in the NBA, so how can the front office recoup his salary?

Nash is a young coach (in coaching years) and is only here beause Mr. Flat Earth decided Kenny Atkinson (who I loved) wasn't right for this team. But I can tell you one thing: If Kenny were still here and the team had Kryie's $30+ Million to spend, nobody would be talking about how much better the Warriors played. Most would be commenting how team play and great D stopped those West Coasters and won the game. And Barclays would be full of Nets fans, not half empty or full of Warriors' fans.

I see Kyrie as a cancer, and if he signs his player option, he'll be a cancer that has metastasized.



I agree with you, Knicks fan.

I mean you can go **** yourself, but bro I agree with you 100%.

Yep. It just hurts the game and hurts real basketball fans. This and all rivalries should always be played out on the floor.

If you love a flat Earth, how could you not love a basketball court? It’s flat, too!


Sometimes multiple things that matter to you are in opposition. choosing something over basketball doesnt mean basketball isnt important to him. im sure it is. im sure if the mandate was gone, he'd be in barclays the next day.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 40,647
And1: 13,726
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES 

Post#169 » by Prokorov » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:54 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Ksny13 wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Definitely better coached team.

This is the biggest difference. I would say Brooklyn has the better team and arguably the better player however Steph has been godly this year. But it boils down to coaching. Bad coaching is so hard to overcome even with say 3 superstars. If Brooklyn doesn’t win a ring it will be because of Nash.

Nets NOT gonna win any rings with Nash , he needs to go and sooner the better , it’s our only chance at the ring if Nash is sacked before all star break


I'm glad people are finally coming around to seeing this. its not just bad coaching, its like 3rd grade rec level coaching...
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 40,647
And1: 13,726
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES 

Post#170 » by Prokorov » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:58 am

3pt_chucker wrote:Curry was otherwordly tonight. Nothing you can do when he can't miss from deep


There is though...

-you could trap him at half court. get the ball out of his hands.
-trap him on pick and rolls.
-Force him to be a driver, playing over the top. be physical with him on those drives
-Hunt him on pick and roll switches. he had 4 fouls early in the third. get him to pick up a 5th or get easy buckets
-Make him work on D by hunting him on switches, take some hop out of his legs on the offense end by making him play D
-pick him up full court so he doesn have a walk up into a long three
-dont switch your center on him, who is cooking all night

will that work? maybe, maybe not, to some degree. you know what doesnt work? making 0 adjustments.

also, they were like +13 with curry off the floor. our issues were bigger then that and really our bigger issues where on offense. we scored what, 38 seocnd half points and some of that was padded in garbage time. our coaching couldnt solve a ymca defensive scheme
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 40,647
And1: 13,726
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES 

Post#171 » by Prokorov » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:02 am

GTR11 wrote:Anyone else has doubts who's best PG in this decade?

Dame will smoke Kyrie too. He actually can carry team into PO.

All this Kyrie boys better go back in a closet where they belong. Questioning who true Nets fans too :lol: .

Great players show up and lead teams.


EVERY team kyrie has played for has made the playoffs with the exception of the Cavs team he was drafted on when he was 19 and 20 years old with busts like Anthony bennett and dion waiters. Dame has done exactly what in the playoffs? he has lost in the 1st round 5 of the last 6 seasons. He had 1 good run where they beat a westbrick led thunder and nuggets.

Dame has been absolutely awful this year too with the new rules taking away his flopping
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 40,647
And1: 13,726
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES 

Post#172 » by Prokorov » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:03 am

GTR11 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Ksny13 wrote:This is the biggest difference. I would say Brooklyn has the better team and arguably the better player however Steph has been godly this year. But it boils down to coaching. Bad coaching is so hard to overcome even with say 3 superstars. If Brooklyn doesn’t win a ring it will be because of Nash.

Nets NOT gonna win any rings with Nash , he needs to go and sooner the better , it’s our only chance at the ring if Nash is sacked before all star break

Name any better coach that is available and that handle KD and Harden?


all of them. literally every eligible coach on the planet. i'd take ted lasso right now.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 40,647
And1: 13,726
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES 

Post#173 » by Prokorov » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:09 am

Sharcm1 wrote:Last season our bench was strong. We had guys that made shots. Filled on for injured players and actually put scored the opponents bench many times. This season our bench sucks. Other than Aldridge. I think Marks made a mistake and should have kept some of the bench players.


This is pretty factually incorrect... i posted this earlier in the other threads. our bench has been outstanding.

#5 in bench +/- (+3.0)
#11 in bench scoring (34.6 ppg)
#4 in bench TS% (55.8)
#4 in Bench defensive Rating (103.7)
#9 in bench FG% (46%)
#1 in bench 3PT% (42.2)

Last years bench struggled alot and was actually really poor at times. Our stars all played insane minutes cause nash didnt trust not having 1-2 stars on the floor at all times.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 40,647
And1: 13,726
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES 

Post#174 » by Prokorov » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:12 am

MGrand15 wrote:I can't wait for December 15th. We can trade Kyrie and do something to figure out the starting center spot. What Blake is doing on essentially all wide open shots is embarrassing.

Our offense going in the tank without Joe isnt a surprise but it's pretty ridiculous that we can only throw out ONE lineup with good spacing. I won't blame Marks too much because he built the lineup with Kyrie in mind but it's still a failure. Teams are going to start tripling KD.


I think Blake will hit threes at a better then 17.8% clip. he isnt great but he is alot better then that. when he does, things change drastically. Same with Carter. He is a really solid shooter from deep. especially on the wings. He should trend up. we are not even 1 full month in. last year it took shamet almost 2 months to get on track. I dont view spacing as an issue...

what is an issue is that teams can triple durant and nash cant find a way to score 4 on 2 with the rest of his team.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 40,647
And1: 13,726
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES 

Post#175 » by Prokorov » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:19 am



As usual, KD just sees it as 1 game. not to high or low any game. i dont think this team is really frustrated with the loss, and sees this as a journey on the way to the playoffs. KD knows who he is. he knows the real stuff that matters needs to be corrected by the playoffs, not by tomorrow.

Some comments about their strategy being the level they strive to get to... could be taken as a dig at nash, but i doubt it.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 40,647
And1: 13,726
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES 

Post#176 » by Prokorov » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:23 am



Harden brings up what i said in the OP... what Jim Spanarkle would always say... first game back from a road trip is actually the last game of the road trip and sometimes the toughest. he thinks it effected them. im sure it didnt help.

Harden also doesnt seemed concerned. i dont think these guys feel like they are worried about the competition, its more just they need to play to their ability.

Harden also spoke to the warriors having a system and continuity and us figuring that out still

Says goal is to be the best in the playoffs, not in the regular season, right now, they arent the best team, still finding out identity
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 40,647
And1: 13,726
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES 

Post#177 » by Prokorov » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:25 am

Harden: we switched everything tonight and we just werent used to it... we havent practiced it or played it so we just got to work on it.

fng nash is a moron
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 40,826
And1: 16,575
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES 

Post#178 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:05 am

Prokorov wrote:Harden: we switched everything tonight and we just werent used to it... we havent practiced it or played it so we just got to work on it.

fng nash is a moron



Nash needs to go.

We were winning games with drop coverage. his entire gameplan tonight was garbage
GTR11
Head Coach
Posts: 6,529
And1: 1,612
Joined: Jan 17, 2019
   

Re: Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES 

Post#179 » by GTR11 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:02 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Ben Simmons is a head case. I want no part of him at all.

I'd rather just wait for kooky Kyrie to get his shot. Eventually he will do it.

If he's a head case than who is Kyrie :lol:

I didn't see no issue with Ben until Morey came over with his analytics. He hates players like him and definitely has an agenda against him.


Again tell me any reason why Kyrie is not a guilty party here? He pretty much got Kenny fired who was a good coach. Than came out talking about we don't really need coach! Am I lying here?

Man yo Kyrie boys need to take heat for this bs too, just as guilty for this bs we dealing with right now.


Kyrie is the guilty party. But I know he can help a team win a Championship on the court.

Simmons is a mental midget who passes up wide open dunks and shoots 32% from the FT line in the playoffs. Why would I want that?

Kyrie will come back eventually. He has to.

And its not his fault Kenny got fired either. KD didn't want him too.


How is he going to help again :lol: oh and let me know for how long while you at it.

That mental midget is perennial all star who locks best players. I'm talking to wall here so it doesn't make sense to explain how and why his development never happened. We got top org who succeeded in developing players, getting Ben %'s up won't be huge issue. Not asking him to be KD here.

Harden, Ben, Joe, KD and Blake going to be killer team. Only reason I'm hoping for Ben is, no other team will take this head case. Maybe duh nix can, it's just their trash won't fetch anything relevant.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 40,826
And1: 16,575
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES 

Post#180 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:58 pm

Prokorov wrote:Harden: we switched everything tonight and we just werent used to it... we havent practiced it or played it so we just got to work on it.

fng nash is a moron



Why in the hell did he decide to adjust our way of defense against Golden State??? It's in explicable.

Curry is going to score regardless of what you do. The strategy should be to stop everyone else from doing damage. Instead, we switched everything, which resulted in easy scores for guys who slipped the screens and multiple offensive rebounds

Nash lost us this game and got us embarrassed on national television. He needs to go

Return to Brooklyn Nets