ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets v. Magic | 11.19.2021 @ 7:30 PM on YES

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 40,937
And1: 16,655
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Nets v. Magic | 11.19.2021 @ 7:30 PM on YES 

Post#61 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:06 am

This was an ugly win but I'll take it. LMA was a beast and Harden dragged us to the finish line.

We are down lots of bodies right now. I hope Kyrie is happy right now, the f*cking prick
User avatar
HardenGoat
Pro Prospect
Posts: 914
And1: 477
Joined: Jan 18, 2021
       

Re: Nets v. Magic | 11.19.2021 @ 7:30 PM on YES 

Post#62 » by HardenGoat » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:11 am

He looked great and took over the offense tonight. Good win as a confidence builder. You can see who our core players are and where we need help from games like this.
KD35Netted
Rookie
Posts: 1,034
And1: 265
Joined: Feb 17, 2014

Re: Nets v. Magic | 11.19.2021 @ 7:30 PM on YES 

Post#63 » by KD35Netted » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:13 am

All things considered, Brown, Harris and KD out, and we still found a way to win, big win for the Nets. What I love about Harden is he is still attacking and not giving up on that when his three doesn't fall. Harden was a beast getting to the line and I thought these mofos said he wouldn't get to the line as much with the new rules; well, he is and if doesn't, he will convert. There's a reason he gets fouled, the opposition knows he will score in the paint.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 40,937
And1: 16,655
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Nets v. Magic | 11.19.2021 @ 7:30 PM on YES 

Post#64 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:16 am

James Johnson had a solid game tonight. 17 and 10 with a block. We need that kind of hustle from him


Bruce is probably going to be out for awhile with hamstring management
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 40,937
And1: 16,655
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Nets v. Magic | 11.19.2021 @ 7:30 PM on YES 

Post#65 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:17 am

HardenGoat wrote:He looked great and took over the offense tonight. Good win as a confidence builder. You can see who our core players are and where we need help from games like this.


He only made 7 shots from the field and scored 36.

Jesus christ
User avatar
Stone
Veteran
Posts: 2,768
And1: 646
Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Location: Jersey
 

Re: Nets v. Magic | 11.19.2021 @ 7:30 PM on YES 

Post#66 » by Stone » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:18 am

Shout out to the dog pound..... these guys fought hard tonight!
_Und3r][D4wg_
Junior
Posts: 396
And1: 161
Joined: Feb 06, 2018

Re: Nets v. Magic | 11.19.2021 @ 7:30 PM on YES 

Post#67 » by _Und3r][D4wg_ » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:20 am

Without KD and Joe resulting in some odd lineups out there, I'll take this ugly win... Ws will be a much harder to come by given our opponents in the next few games, what with our best player & best shooter out.
GTR11
Head Coach
Posts: 6,585
And1: 1,640
Joined: Jan 17, 2019
   

Re: Nets v. Magic | 11.19.2021 @ 7:30 PM on YES 

Post#68 » by GTR11 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:42 am

MrDollarBills wrote:James Johnson had a solid game tonight. 17 and 10 with a block. We need that kind of hustle from him


Bruce is probably going to be out for awhile with hamstring management


MDB you ready to suit up :lol:
GTR11
Head Coach
Posts: 6,585
And1: 1,640
Joined: Jan 17, 2019
   

Re: Nets v. Magic | 11.19.2021 @ 7:30 PM on YES 

Post#69 » by GTR11 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:43 am

Props to the team all I can say. Good win here.
GTR11
Head Coach
Posts: 6,585
And1: 1,640
Joined: Jan 17, 2019
   

Re: Nets v. Magic | 11.19.2021 @ 7:30 PM on YES 

Post#70 » by GTR11 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:45 am

Stone wrote:Shout out to the dog pound..... these guys fought hard tonight!


Really thought we going to lose this one tonight. They spanked duh nix the other night. Not that I think that lotto trash is worth talking about.
Papi_swav
Head Coach
Posts: 6,972
And1: 2,863
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: Nets v. Magic | 11.19.2021 @ 7:30 PM on YES 

Post#71 » by Papi_swav » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:46 am

very fun game and good comeback win. This was a true Brooklyn grit win. Everybody chipped in. I am so glad I was wrong on LMA, dude is awesome. Patty, Bembry, Johnson and Carter played well. Harden put the team on his shoulders tonight .

Magics has some nice young assets, I was sleeping on them. Cole Anthony is alott better than I thought, Okeke was balling tonight. I was always a fan of Mo . And Franze Wagner is pretty good.
User avatar
Sharcm1
Starter
Posts: 2,393
And1: 547
Joined: Jun 15, 2002

Re: Nets v. Magic | 11.19.2021 @ 7:30 PM on YES 

Post#72 » by Sharcm1 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:13 am

It was a good game to get our bench going. We got to see what guys would step up. Overall I’m happy with it. Harden again played like crap. Not efficient at all from the field and dribbled the ball until the clock was 3 and jacked up step back threes. He did that stuff last season but in moderation. This year it seems it’s all he knows how to do. He finally got calls but his overall game was bad.
Jay555
Freshman
Posts: 61
And1: 31
Joined: May 30, 2021

Re: Nets v. Magic | 11.19.2021 @ 7:30 PM on YES 

Post#73 » by Jay555 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:25 am

Sharcm1 wrote:It was a good game to get our bench going. We got to see what guys would step up. Overall I’m happy with it. Harden again played like crap. Not efficient at all from the field and dribbled the ball until the clock was 3 and jacked up step back threes. He did that stuff last season but in moderation. This year it seems it’s all he knows how to do. He finally got calls but his overall game was bad.


Lol..Clearly you only watched the last 3 mins and made that conclusion. Harden was cold for sure but you probably just checked his FG% and ignored other stats. Without this dude, this game was an easy L. And he's only 70-80% and had to play 41 mins.
User avatar
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
Posts: 11,856
And1: 8,487
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
   

Re: Nets v. Magic | 11.19.2021 @ 7:30 PM on YES 

Post#74 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:01 am

Terrible start. But like I say, a win is a win.

Harden was awesome. LMA was crucial. Nash deserves credit for helping us come back.

Don't forget these were the exact type of games we lost last season. We were a .500 team until the Harden trade.

We are already off to one of our best starts in franchise history.
HEAT33 wrote:Nets not even the best team in NY without Durant
NetsJets
Rookie
Posts: 1,161
And1: 243
Joined: Oct 27, 2015
   

Re: Nets v. Magic | 11.19.2021 @ 7:30 PM on YES 

Post#75 » by NetsJets » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:51 am

They had me in the first half but kudos to the Nets for turning things around in the second half. James Johnson stepped up provided good energy and scoring, Aldridge hit some big shots in the 4th and he held his own on switches with their guards. Mills hit some shots and Harden carried us to this win.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
Posts: 16,006
And1: 1,157
Joined: Jun 19, 2007
       

Re: Nets v. Magic | 11.19.2021 @ 7:30 PM on YES 

Post#76 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:09 am

Ugly win, but a gutsy one. Kudos to the walking wounded who dug deep for this one. Everyone has been doom and gloom, and yeah we've looked rough at times. But d@mn y'all, through all of that, we're 1st in the East!!! Go Brooklyn!!!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
KD35Netted
Rookie
Posts: 1,034
And1: 265
Joined: Feb 17, 2014

Re: Nets v. Magic | 11.19.2021 @ 7:30 PM on YES 

Post#77 » by KD35Netted » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:00 pm

We need the Proky take. He’s a solid analyzer of the game. Come on Prok, where are you man?
User avatar
Sharcm1
Starter
Posts: 2,393
And1: 547
Joined: Jun 15, 2002

Re: Nets v. Magic | 11.19.2021 @ 7:30 PM on YES 

Post#78 » by Sharcm1 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:35 pm

Jay555 wrote:
Sharcm1 wrote:It was a good game to get our bench going. We got to see what guys would step up. Overall I’m happy with it. Harden again played like crap. Not efficient at all from the field and dribbled the ball until the clock was 3 and jacked up step back threes. He did that stuff last season but in moderation. This year it seems it’s all he knows how to do. He finally got calls but his overall game was bad.


Lol..Clearly you only watched the last 3 mins and made that conclusion. Harden was cold for sure but you probably just checked his FG% and ignored other stats. Without this dude, this game was an easy L. And he's only 70-80% and had to play 41 mins.



No I watched the whole game as I’m a real nets fan and have been for many many years. Harden played like crap. I’m glad he got to the free throw line in this game I really am. But other than he played like crap again. Turned over the ball too many times. Dribbled dribbled dribbled without going any where for 20 seconds and jacked step back threes which he mostly missed. The nets were playing an inferior team and barely won. I don’t care harden had 36, 8 and 10. And needed 25 shots to get those points. The box score only proves my point not the reason for it.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 14,376
And1: 1,801
Joined: Mar 15, 2012
         

Re: Nets v. Magic | 11.19.2021 @ 7:30 PM on YES 

Post#79 » by CalamityX12 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:58 pm

This roster is still very flawed n nothing changes from Nash as coach.

LMA was in all star form at the end to seal the deal
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
User avatar
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
Posts: 11,856
And1: 8,487
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
   

Re: Nets v. Magic | 11.19.2021 @ 7:30 PM on YES 

Post#80 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:32 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:This roster is still very flawed n nothing changes from Nash as coach.

LMA was in all star form at the end to seal the deal


We still have one of the best benches in the league.

We have had a good amount of injuries.

Main problem to me is still cohesion and chemistry. Was fixed last year. Why not this year?

And despite our issues, we still have the best record in the East.
HEAT33 wrote:Nets not even the best team in NY without Durant

Return to Brooklyn Nets