ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Nets Trade Spculation Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Official Nets Trade Spculation Thread 

Post#341 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:31 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:What exactly is this team going to look like if Harden comes back?

Marks needs to do something if not the Harden trade. We need some change.

This team is just **** awful. I can't watch it anymore.

I'd assume...

-Milsap traded for a fake second or bought out = clear roster spot
-Carter traded for a fake second or bought out = clear roster spot
-Convert Kessler to a full deal so he can play in the playoffs
-Land Ibaka after a buyout.

From there i think its minor. TPE for Augustin or a deal for terrance ross makes most sense to me. they both fit and have connections to our roster.

I'd trade Joe/Claxton but i think we would get less then 50 centers on the dollar with them being injured. Harris + Cam for Hield maybe indy bites on?
Jay555
Sixth Man
And1: 861

Post#342 » by Jay555 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:36 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:If you're Joe Tsai, you have to have second thoughts about maxing out both Harden and Kyrie. Harden especially due to how his game has declined this season.

I Love Harden and no matter what happens im thankful for his time here....

But it s hard for me to envision that 1.5-2 years from now he hasnt put on weight lost another half step and his 55M per year contract being the hottest meme around town.

Kyrie obviously has his availability and predictability issues but at the very least you can count on him to stay in shape, have his game age well and he is 3-4 years younger then Harden.

CP3 looked so much worse than Harden did this season the first year coming off that hammy injury. Rockets dumped him to Thunder thinking CP3 was the worst contract in the league. Then CP3 adapted a healthier diet and worked his way back. Dude is turning 37 shortly and look where he is now.

This is a lot of ask as Harden's work ethics etc is iffy compared to CP3. But if he wants to be in the league longer, he absolutely needs to take care of his body and he can.

Assuming he can be disciplined down the road and the fact that salary cap is on the rise every year, he would not be as bad a contract as people tend to think.

With the way inflation is going, it's more than likely we will see superstars get paid 60 - 80 mil per annum in the future. 5 years ago max contract was about 30 mil per annum and now it's 50 mil.
Jay555
Sixth Man
And1: 861

Post#343 » by Jay555 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:37 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:What exactly is this team going to look like if Harden comes back?

Maybe no trade at all..

Just hoping everyone gets healthy and Kyrie can play full time come playoff.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#344 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:57 am

Mor Woj:

"I think the mindset in Brooklyn right now is simply when they get those three players back: Durant, Harden, Kyrie Irving, treat the post-All-Star break as almost a six, seven week training camp until you get to the playoffs. Wherever they're seeded, they still believe that's a team that's going to have a tremendous chance to win a championship.

"I think Brooklyn is prepared for the idea that they'll just treat James Harden, if his plans are to leave, treat it like Toronto did Kawhi Leonard. And say 'this is probably a one shot deal. We want to win a championship. Our best chance is to do that.' Who knows what happens when Harden gets back with Kevin Durant. They start playing together again the way they had planned to from the beginning. They've been separated because of the injuries.

I hope this is true and its how marks is thinking... because it is 100% the right mindset. ive said all week, we will never.... EVEEEEEER have a better shot at a title then with this trio. We need to try and get at least 1 playoff run with them together. I still think the Simmons deal is there in the summer, but if its not, 1 playoff run with this big 3 is worth losing harden to FA for me for nothng
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#345 » by NetsWorld » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:00 am

Prokorov wrote:Mor Woj:

"I think the mindset in Brooklyn right now is simply when they get those three players back: Durant, Harden, Kyrie Irving, treat the post-All-Star break as almost a six, seven week training camp until you get to the playoffs. Wherever they're seeded, they still believe that's a team that's going to have a tremendous chance to win a championship.

"I think Brooklyn is prepared for the idea that they'll just treat James Harden, if his plans are to leave, treat it like Toronto did Kawhi Leonard. And say 'this is probably a one shot deal. We want to win a championship. Our best chance is to do that.' Who knows what happens when Harden gets back with Kevin Durant. They start playing together again the way they had planned to from the beginning. They've been separated because of the injuries.

I hope this is true and its how marks is thinking... because it is 100% the right mindset. ive said all week, we will never.... EVEEEEEER have a better shot at a title then with this trio. We need to try and get at least 1 playoff run with them together. I still think the Simmons deal is there in the summer, but if its not, 1 playoff run with this big 3 is worth losing harden to FA for me for nothng

Simmons trade won’t go down. If it were going down, it would have happened. In other news, Nash resting Hardens d KD being out, it is because they want the team fresh for the post season while other teams lose gas. Good strategy.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#346 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:03 am

KD35Netted wrote:

Simmons trade won’t go down. If it were going down, it would have happened. In other news, Nash resting Hardens d KD being out, it is because they want the team fresh for the post season while other teams lose gas. Good strategy.

Harden is hurt. his hammy has been an issue. it was obvious after he missed that game 2 weeks ago with a hammy. he is slowed by it for sure
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,888

Post#347 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:53 am

I agree.

At this point **** it. We have Kevin Durant, James Harden and Kyrie.

We will probably never have a better team in my lifetime.

Need to give it a shot at least. Deal with all the consequences in the off season.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#348 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:55 am

I still think theres a very good chance Harris comes back by the playoffs.

Once we have our full team who can really beat us?

And we will have Kyrie for the first 2 games of every series.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#349 » by HardenGoat » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:01 am

It’s definitely our best shot. You have always supported Harden even when he played bad. I know a big reason for that is frustration with the sets and not having the spacing created when Kyrie and Durant are in the games. I also think he’s tweaked his leg and needs the rest. Apparently he’s working out though which means he is serious about his ring (some people apparently doubt that). The big prayer I have is the mandate lifts. That would change everything more than any player added or even a coach change. Changing coach right now would be too late and the challenge with a new team with our issues would be immense. Claxton has been another issue, can’t string any games along with him. Get Ibaka and use Sharpe. I think Harden has called for Sharpe and Nash again goes against him. We also need a wing shooter in a very very bad way to rotate in when Mills sits.
Mamba81p
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,204

Post#350 » by Mamba81p » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:22 am

With the New York State mandate gone, I think the NYC mandate will go away soon, but not until Friday, when the unvaccinated city workers are supposed to be fired. SAS said the Nets are confident the mandate will go before the playoffs. That should change their approach. I don't think Harden is going anywhere tomorrow.
Ksny13
Sophomore
And1: 132

Post#351 » by Ksny13 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:37 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:If you're Joe Tsai, you have to have second thoughts about maxing out both Harden and Kyrie. Harden especially due to how his game has declined this season.

But it s hard for me to envision that 1.5-2 years from now he hasnt put on weight lost another half step and his 55M per year contract being the hottest meme around town.

Kyrie obviously has his availability and predictability issues but at the very least you can count on him to stay in shape, have his game age well and he is 3-4 years younger then Harden.

Kyrie only decides to take “personal” time off during the year and go to birthday parties etc. There is also this mandate thing that prevents him from playing half the year. His availability and all around desire to play the game is a huge concern and that’s why a team won’t touch him
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#352 » by NetsJets » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:38 am

Harden is not getting traded.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#353 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:27 am

Mamba81p wrote:With the New York State mandate gone, I think the NYC mandate will go away soon, but not until Friday, when the unvaccinated city workers are supposed to be fired. SAS said the Nets are confident the mandate will go before the playoffs. That should change their approach. I don't think Harden is going anywhere tomorrow.

The mandate will be repealed in NYC. Its only a matter of time.

I just hope they don't wait till the summer and do it by April.

If theres not another variant then cases should plummet. But who knows anymore.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#354 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:29 am

Ksny13 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Kyrie only decides to take “personal” time off during the year and go to birthday parties etc. There is also this mandate thing that prevents him from playing half the year. His availability and all around desire to play the game is a huge concern and that’s why a team won’t touch him

Kyrie missing a few games after there was an insurrection is not the end of the world.

The mandate is temporary. Kyrie will be full time.

Will Harden after stop being fat, lazy, out of shape, and a drama queen? Unlikely.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#355 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:45 am

Prokorov wrote:

I'd assume...

-Milsap traded for a fake second or bought out = clear roster spot
-Carter traded for a fake second or bought out = clear roster spot
-Convert Kessler to a full deal so he can play in the playoffs
-Land Ibaka after a buyout.

From there i think its minor. TPE for Augustin or a deal for terrance ross makes most sense to me. they both fit and have connections to our roster.

I'd trade Joe/Claxton but i think we would get less then 50 centers on the dollar with them being injured. Harris + Cam for Hield maybe indy bites on?

You never answered my last response, it's not like you to run from an argument.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Mamba81p
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,204

Post#356 » by Mamba81p » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:52 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Ksny13 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Kyrie missing a few games after there was an insurrection is not the end of the world.

Will Harden after stop being fat, lazy, out of shape, and a drama queen? Unlikely.

Winning cures everything. If they start winning, he will be all in for that elusive ring. If not, then it's a different story
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#357 » by GYK » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:56 am

I love how Kyrie just by being Durant BFF is above the fray. All the context and understanding in the world for him.
Fine by me.
But contextually Harden is fat and lazy coming off a grade 2 hammy on which he played huge minutes on. With a terrible spaced team and be the poster boy for the “new rules”. All along 22/10/8 on 57TS% a 4.1 BPM and 3.2 VORP. He’s a fat and lazy All NBA player like right now. With shackles on.
Hopefully he doesn’t leave us. He’s the one who gave us our nickname. The reason we had the GOAT offense last season. Was the acquisition that made us favorites. Could it possibly, for sh**TS and giggles, not be him but the team?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,889

Post#358 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:09 am

A lot of you are huffing copium right now.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Pablo Escobar
Head Coach
And1: 4,378

Post#359 » by Pablo Escobar » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:50 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Kyrie missing a few games after there was an insurrection is not the end of the world.

Harden is fat and lazy yet has played the majority of the games this season. I'm sure he'd look much better if he took off the majority of the season and only played on the road as well. Kyrie is the definition of a drama queen. And he isn't that good to be causing all of these headaches. He's a 3rd option guy so if he left it wouldn't matter cause he's barely around anyway :lol: luckily for him his bff is the best player in the league so he gets to get away with his shenanigans.

The front office should've traded that clown from the beginning of the season and let Harden and Kd plus whatever you get for Kyrie just figure it out. Cause this part time nonsense isn't going to work especially come playoff time or worst case scenario play in time lol.
Plata o Plomo?
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#360 » by GTR11 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:52 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=KKaH732MUlwEw6iV7-E_BQ

Morey just played himself.

Return to Brooklyn Nets